Entwined With You Snippets

LN Cronan

Snippet 8 posted a short time ago;

Here's the link: http://www.sylviaday.com/2013/02/14/entwined-snippet-8/

HAWT!

I don't think this is a continuation of the nightclub scene we've seen parts of in snippets 6 and 7? Last we knew, Gideon and Eva were up on a skywalk in a nightclub, him pinning her standing up against a mirrored wall and the two of them about to get busy.

But in this snippet, it appears they're laying down somewhere: " .... he shifting to lie half over me. My hands slid up and down his back, my leg lifting to hook over his hip ...."

Also not a continuation of the scene where Gideon sneaked into Eva's apartment, desperate to determine whether she couldn't handle the truth he killed Nathan. She was wrapped in a bath towel. Here, she's wearing clothes " ....his hand crept beneath the hem of my T-shirt ..."

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious about Gideon's remark "come home and be bad with me." Home where?

His apartment is what I gather, from the hint she dialed his cell because it was the number she "had memorized." But if it's dangerous for him to be at her apartment, wouldn't the reverse hold true, it being dangerous for her to go to his? 

So, has he figured out a way to sneak her in and out of his apartment. Or is "home" actually a third place, a secret love nest the pair of them have together?

I'm curious about Gideon's remark "come home and be bad with me." Home where?

His apartment is what I gather, from the hint she dialed his cell because it was the number she "had memorized." But if it's dangerous for him to be at her apartment, wouldn't the reverse hold true, it being dangerous for her to go to his? 

So, has he figured out a way to sneak her in and out of his apartment. Or is "home" actually a third place, a secret love nest the pair of them have together?

I like your thinking ! I'd like to know where " home" is.

Hi everyone, I found the other snippets and have posted them here for everyone's convenience. Let's hope this works. http://www.sylviaday...l-teaser-years/ http://www.sylviaday...th-you/#excerpt http://www.sylviaday...ined-snippet-6/ http://www.sylviaday...ined-snippet-5/ http://www.sylviaday...ined-snippet-4/ http://www.sylviaday...-you-snippet-3/ http://www.sylviaday...ined-snippet-2/ http://www.sylviaday...ined-snippet-1/ Thanks to Kirsten, Valgirl, ShyCharm and all the other ladies who were kind enough to post the snippets in the spoiler thread. Goodness knows, I wouldn't know where to find them. :)

Plus, here's a link to the main page for all snippets on sylviaday.com   http://www.sylviaday.com/category/snippet/

The links on this page include the "Special Teaser for New Year's". It's the same scene as the book excerpt, with Gideon and Eva alone in her bedroom the evening she found out the cops believe Gideon killed Nathan. But this scene is from Gideon's point of view, not Eva's. Thus far it is the only material we've seen from inside Gideon's head.  I'm hoping there will be more such scenes in Entwined, giving a deeper look inside him.

The link for the New Year's teaser is here www.sylviaday.com/2012/12/31/special-teaser-years/

Is snippet two from the morning after Gideon and Eva have had what was sure to be no-holds-bared make-up sex the night before? (The night she found out what the cops think happened and then soon after, Gideon had snuck into her apartment.)

Here's the link: http://www.sylviaday.com/2012/11/22/entwined-snippet-2/#.USi1vDA4R8E

" ... muscular back adorned with scratches and crescent marks from my nails."

(Eva says) "Waking up to you is like..... presents on Christmas morning."

Catching up I read a theory about Eva bailing Gideon out financially  .....   I have always thought that somewhere along the way she would fund a major abuse center or setup a foundation to help abuse victims.  Maybe something after they are married, I know her Mom would approve of using the money that way once Eva is safe and secure.

I am anxious to see what Corrine's reaction will be once E & G are back together.  And more interaction with Ireland too as family. 

OK, got the link: http://www.sylviaday.com/2013/02/24/oscar-night-snippet/

Text: 

“Shut up, caveman. I’m not into that ‘me Cross, you Cross little woman’ bulls***,†I snapped. “In case you’ve forgotten already, we made a trade. You got me, and I got you. I protect what’s mine.â€

“Eva, don’t fight my battles for me. I can take care of myself.â€

“I know that. You’ve been doing it your whole life. Now, you’ve got me. I can handle this one.â€

So who is causing Gideon grief, and who is Eva playing avenging angel against? My guess is one of the four people she interacted with near the end of Reflected. In order, they are Gideon's mother Elizabeth Vidal, Corrine, Dr. Lucas and Christopher.

Narrowing down this list, the two most hostile interactions (ones where Eva attacked them for helping cover up the childhood sexual abuse of Gideon) are Elizabeth Vidal and Dr. Lucas. They're most tied in to Gideon's past, so it makes sense one or maybe both together are causing trouble. Evidence suggests that Lucas helped Elizabeth cover up abuse.

Christopher is third on the list, possibly hatching some new plot against his brother and trying to use Eva as some sort of pawn (believing falsely she'd want to get back at Gideon for his going back to Corrine.) Gideon would want to protect Eva against Christopher, but Eva's strong enough to tell Gideon basically "I got this."

I can't see Corrine giving Gideon grief, but I can see her trying to mess with Eva.

I wonder whether this new snippet plus two prior ones are pieces of a frank conversation Gideon and Eva had soon after they got back together. Snippet #1 concerns past relationships, with Gideon saying both of them wasted time on the wrong people. Another one of the snippets has Gideon admitting he tried to balance Eva's independence with the need to keep her safe.

I can envision the two of them either sitting down or curled up in bed. Maybe even a secret trip back to North Carolina. Eva demanding answers from Gideon about a lot of stuff, and him finally (finally!) being completely honest. And in return, Gideon bringing up the subject of Eva going around confronting his family and Dr. Lucas.

Thoughts?

Floating some theories for discussion about the "who" Eva is fighting as she continues to stand by her man. Today's candidate: Christoper.

Near the end of Reflected, Eva went after four people, and in this order: Gideon's mother, Corrine, Dr. Lucas and Christopher. Christopher was the only one she let off easy. She refrained from treating him like the slime he is and instead simply sat there at lunch listening so that she could get the story on why Christopher hates Gideon. She enraged the first three. But Christopher, she left with a brush off "I'll get in touch" in response to Christopher saying he wants to take her out. (In other words: don't call me Christopher, I'll call you.)

Red herring? Could it be that Christopher, already a creep, is going to turn even nastier in Entwined? Eva has made outright enemies of Elizabeth Vidal, Dr. Lucas and Corrine. Maybe in Reflected, she underestimated the threat Christopher poses, but finds out fast in Entwined? And starts making an open enemy of him too? And Gideon is trying (hah!) to get her to back off, that he can fight his own battles? But instead, Eva's out to get Christopher.

Jump in, ladies!

I think it's Dr Lucas

Eva pretty much off Elizabeth so I don't think she would have anything more to say to Eva let alone explain to her why she did what she did.

She said in reflected that she wasn't going to talk to Christopher about it because he'd been so young at the time..!!

But Dr Lucas started with her at the hospital and I think Eva is going to keep digging with him into he says something!

Oh I'm going to dice and slice Dr. Lucas too. And Gideon's mother.

I started with Christopher because it's odd Eva let him off so easy when her original plan was to harass him too. I think that's a "red herring" designed to mislead us, Christopher getting off easy. Sure, he was only a little kid when the abuse itself happened. But he grew up too in a house full of secrets. And he's a rotten human being as an adult.

Gideon gets furious whenever Lucas comes near Eva. But from day one, Christopher has been hitting on Eva. It started the night of the advocacy dinner, the first time Gideon and Eva went out together. From day one, Gideon told her to stay away from him. That videotape of him with Magdalena at a later time finally opened her eyes he's a creep. But Christopher doesn't know that tape exists, or on the off chance he does know about it, he has no way of knowing Eva is aware.

When last we saw Christopher near the end of Reflected, he tells Eva he wants to take her out. And he's been playing a mind game with her about Gideon going back to Corrine (or so Christopher and everyone else thinks.) I see Christopher as turning into an even nastier bad guy against Gideon. And trying to drag Eva into his machinations. And Eva deciding to start harassing Christopher too. Gideon trying to get her to back off from fighting on his behalf. And her refusing to do so.

Throwing out for discussion the act both Eva and Gideon are now doing to fool the cops. The basis for this is both snippet 7 www.sylviaday.com/2013/02/07/entwined-snippet-7/ as well as www.sylviaday.com/2013/01/23/entwined-snippet-6/ These are the scenes involving Eva having a wild night out on the town.

Something I read into this is that Eva has seriously upped the ante of her public persona of "new Eva." When she first emerged from her shell, it started with a quiet evening at a lounge with her mother, stepfather, and her roommate/best friend. Now she's out with the girls clubbing, getting drunk and leading men on. Is she acting this way in public, because the cops have turned up the heat, are trying to trap them, and so she's gotta work harder at the act she's sooooooo over Gideon? She couldn't have been in love anyway if only a couple of weeks later, she's acting like she's out to get laid.

If this is true, is the reverse is it also true Gideon, because the cops are trying to trap him in his lie, up the ante on his Corrine cover? Fool people into thinking things with Corrine have gotten really serious these past few weeks? A couple of examples I'm throwing out about things he could do: arrange for a photographer to get a candid shot of him kissing Corrine (like he once had with with Eva, the day she agreed to be his girlfriend). Maybe messing up her lipstick and hair in the back of his car, so Corrine emerges looking freshly you-know-what.

I mean, this is Corrine we're talking about. She'd love that, even if all that really happened was one kiss for tabloid posterity. She'd let everyone assume she just got laid. But she wouldn't pressure Gideon for more physically. He's the dominant. He controls any sexual activity. Privately, she'd patiently wait for him to slowly move things further along over time. Thus for now Gideon can get away with just a kiss and not face angry recrimination from her he's toying with her.

OK, I can hear the arguments now from some of the regulars:

• Gideon would never lead Corrine to believe by the way he's acting he's decided he wants her back.
  • Never lie by omission to allow her think that because he's no longer sleeping with Eva and is letting himself get photographed out in public with her (Corrine), they're going somewhere.
  • Never let her assume he's glad she's getting divorced, and though he says he just wants to be a friend she can rely on while she's going through a rough time, he's not exactly behaving like just some other friend. He's frequently talking with her on the phone. Took her out for a quiet dinner, just the two of them. Brought her, not his "girlfriend" to an important work-related party that just happened to be at a hotel with important sentimental value to their old relationship. Had him meet her at his office so they could go somewhere together right after work. (And this is just the stuff we know about from Eva's point of view. There's probably more, but Eva stopped snooping online after that &%$! pad hotel picture.)
  • Oh not Gideon, he'd never do something like that to Corrine, because it would break her heart.
  • He did once love her in his own way and still cares as a friend.
  • Thinks it would be cruel to cut off contact with her when she's going through a rough time.
  • Feels guilty about the fact she still loves him.
  • The only reason he's doing this to Corrine is because everything rests on fooling the police he loves her, not Eva, and so had no motive to kill Nathan.

OK, I'm going to make the same arguments, but substitute "Eva" for "Corrine."

• Gideon would never lead Eva to believe he's decided he doesn't want her anymore. (He most certainly did.)
  • Never lie by omission to allow her to think what they had is gone for good. (By not denying Eva's accusations he can't handle the Nathan pictures, he let her believe it was true the awful thing she claimed to believe: he can't bear to look at her body anymore.)
  • Never allow her to continue to think he can't break the hold Corrine has over him. Now that Corrine's getting divorced and he's done sleeping with her (Eva), Corrine and him have gone from being friends to being lovers again. (Eva's worst insecurity about Corrine is that she's always had some hold on Gideon. And Eva can clearly see Corrine left her husband in France and returned to New York in order to get Gideon back. Because of the hotel picture, Eva firmly believed he'd started sleeping with Corrine again but didn't have the courage to end it with her beforehand)
  • Oh not Gideon, he'd never do something like that to Eva, because it would break her heart.
  • He's madly in love with her.
  • Wants to spend every minute being with her.
  • And feels guilty every time he makes her cry.
  • But he never told her the only reason he's doing what he is to her is because everything now rests on fooling the police he doesn't love her.

He spent five straight days of treating her badly in order to push her away. It ended with her finally having enough - she called him on the phone, said terrible things, broke down in tears, told him she was finished, then hung up on him. He proceeded to spend the next eight days having absolutely no contact with her whatsoever. By not having any contact at all, he allowed her to believe every last awful insecure thing she said on the phone was true. Because he denied nothing.

I think the only thing Gideon would never do at this point is sleep with Corrine, because that really would break Eva's heart for good. However, he'll use Corrine as ruthlessly as he needs to in order for he and Eva to be able to be together again. If he could foruce himself to hurt Eva as much as he did, in order to save her life, he's certainly got the capacity to hurt Corrine badly if that's what it will take for him to be with Eva forever. But no longer will he lie by omission to Eva. He might live a lie with Corrine, but now with Eva he'll always let her know the real truth.

And the discussion starts nooooooooooow.

Hi LNCronan,

I read your postings and I think that both you and I have a difference of opinion when it comes to the word “intimateâ€. Intimate dinners are usually in a dark corner of a restaurant not out in the front of the restaurant window, on display for all to see. I also find it very interesting that no photographers spotted Gideon and Corinne canoodling…whatsoever.

A couple “in love†doesn’t care who sees them kissing and hugging, etc. The reader has not seen that type of interaction with these two characters. Yes I know that this simply a cover story, but again I assert that these actions cannot be lost on Corinne. Cover-up or not, common sense would dictate to Corinne that something is not right. Alpha male or not, why won’t this man kiss or her touch her in a loving embrace, etc? It is not like these two have not had sex before, so why keep up prudish appearances? That surely can’t help Gideon’s supposed alibi and the lack of affection couldn’t be boding well for Corinne. Is the reader left to believe that Corinne too will settle for whatever meager scraps she can get from Gideon too?

Another thing I find interesting is that Gideon is meeting Corinne in strictly public places; his office building, restaurants, and perhaps he has been picking Corinne up at her apartment (nothing is mentioned in the book-so the reader is left to wonder), but never at his apartment.

I also just wanted to confirm with you where you got the information about the Vodka party being at Gideon’s old f*** pad? I can’t remember reading that in the book.

What is left to confirm is just how deluded Corinne is? Again I state that on some level Corinne must know that Gideon doesn’t love her. She tried games the first time around and lost her engagement and Gideon, but has time taught her nothing? What do you think? What does everyone think?

Good morning, GiGi! Yay, for jumping in on the discussion. I invite other ladies to leap in. The water's fine!

The short accompanying story to the photo of Gideon and Corrine at the party, gives the location (and the time) of the party. Eva instantly recognized the place. She which hotel it was -- the hotel Gideon used for sex.

Re my conclusion this is the very hotel he always had sex with Corrine, that's something I've pieced together from various information Sylvia cleverly scattered throughout both books. Key is a part of Bared To You, page 328, when Gideon explains to Eva the story behind his accepting Corrine's marriage proposal. Because of his nightmares, he refused to literally sleep with Corrine, as in dare to sleep alongside her. In fact ultimately, it became the reason he knew he could never share a home with her. Because he wasn't ever going to let her what was behind the nightmares. So instead, he had sex with her in a hotel.

"I think she was hoping that being engaged would take us to a different level. Maybe I'd open up more. Maybe we'd stay the night at the hotel -- which she thought was romantic, by the way -- instead of calling it an early night because of classes in the morning."

In Reflected, during the first couple's therapy session, where they're arguing about Eva's accusations Gideon may have had a nooner with Corrine at the Crossfire earlier that same day, Gideon shot back, "Wouldn't I have taken her to the hotel." (Ooops, it slipped out he still had the room. Eva reacted with a sharp breath, Gideon's face displayed panic, and Dr. Petersen jumped in with "Let's slow down.")

Somewhere else it was mentioned that the only place Gideon has ever had sex is at his hotel room.

Putting all the pieces together: Corrine was his first consensual sexual relationship. She pursued him while they were both students at Columbia. In order to avoid having to sleep with her in the literal sense, he always took her to a hotel, they had sex, then he called it a night. Makes sense as the perfect way to avoid having sex at either one of their residences, where what would naturally follow falling asleep together.

Eva is the only woman he's dared to ever slept alongside, and that's because she was the first and only he's ever taken to his apartment (doing so to make up for her finding out the true nature of that hotel room they used after word the day she agreed to be his girlfriend.) She ran out of the room, he ran after her, and to stop her from breaking up with him, he took her home, assuring her that aside from his mother and the staff, no woman has ever been there.

Now I am making a leap that the hotel Gideon used to sleep with Corrine in college is the same hotel where he always took women for sex. Which I am further assuming it means Corrine would find sentimental value being at a party there. That's the thing you questioned in my assertion that Corrine would read a lot more into the fact Gideon took her, not his girlfriend Eva, to the vodka party that night. The hotel was special to Corrine and Gideon. Why wouldn't Corrine read something into that.

But it makes sense in light of his sexual hang-ups, that the first place he felt safe having sex with a woman is the only place he'd continue to do so. Part of him maintaining the control of sex. As soon as he became rich enough to do so, he'd buy the place -- owning it gives him an extra degree of control over exactly where he would sleep with women. All of his sexual relationships after Corrine but before Eva were purely for sex -- he didn't sleep with the women he saw socially nor socialize with the women he slept with.

However, when Eva saw that picture from the vodka party at the hotel, she made the absolute (and wrong) assumption the location was proof Gideon was definitely sleeping with Corrine. It was really dumb on one level for Gideon to hold the party there instead of somewhere else. From a tactical location, it was perfect (within 15 minutes of Nathan, a place he knew like the back of his hand, and a place he's have free reign to walk around, including the kitchen to set off a small fire.) But he had to have known Eva would react really badly.

Yet again though, he under-estimated just how badly she would react, when she combined the hotel picture with her sudden knowledge Gideon had seen Nathan's pictures. Gideon didn't count on that part happening; he was keeping the Nathan pictures secret from her. All along his assurances to her was he didn't want Corrine sexually because she (Eva) was the only one he desired. Now there's reason for him to not be able to look at her body anymore. He'd been sexually abused. Those pictures were of Eva being sexually abused. Too much to handle.

Eva assumed (wrongly) the reason he pulled away from her that week was because he'd seen the pictures then. Sure, he slipped into her apartment that Wednesday, making love to her all night because of the awful email she sent hours earlier. But that sex was in the pitch dark, and at one point he said "it has to be this way.". Next morning, Cary told her he suspected Gideon had get-it-out-of-his-system sex with her.

A mercy &%$! in other words. Which in a way, it was. Even though he was not going to leave her forever, Gideon had in fact started living the lie he did leave her for Corrine. He was having sex with her for the last time in the foreseeable future. Next night, he's partying with Corrine. At the hotel they used to sleep in when they were a couple many years ago. Upstairs in that hotel is a room Gideon has fully stocked with everything he needs, from condoms to clean clothes.

She never knew until nearly the end of Reflected he cleared that room out -- did it while she was fast asleep the night of that first therapy appointment. He'd come back to her place right after, arriving however in the middle of her having a Nathan nightmare. And when she woke up, she puked. Then she noticed he was fully dressed. He admitted he's gone somewhere while she was asleep, but he didn't say where.

"I was at the hotel, cleaning out that room. My &%$! pad as you called it. Explaining that while you were puking your guts out didn't seem to be the appropriate time." 

It was a huge relief for Eva to hear that. Especially because that very morning, she'd confronted Corrine and figured out Gideon was not sleeping with her. Now Eva had more proof. The party was at the hotel, but the room he maintained upstairs was gone.

"We both know I'll never use it again. My girl prefers modes of transportation to beds." (Sigh!)

On page 280 in BTY:

Gideon says: "I've always used the hotel."

Eva says: "That's the only place you've had sex? Before me?"

"The only place I've had consensual sex," he said quietly, "before you."

So he took Corrine to the same hotel..

Do you think that Gideon was a virgin before Corrine?

And where did he get all his sexual expertise?

Hey AMC, good morning!! You found that third piece of background info! So to wrap up everything in both books related to the hotel room:

• Corrine was his first consensual relationship.
  • He always had sex with her at a hotel, but never spent an entire night with him.
  • One of the reasons Corrine asked him to marry her was to take the sexual relationship to a level beyond hotel room sex. Never happened.
  • Corrine, not Gideon, ended the engagement. He was relieved, because he could never share a home with her. It'd be weird having separate bedrooms. Corrine went overseas to France, married someone else. Now she's getting a divorce. And the night Eva met her, Corrine admitted she's still in love with Gideon. He later admitted to Eva he feels guilty about it.
  • Gideon told Eva that prior to her, the only place he's had consensual sex is that hotel.
  • Eva found out when he took her to that hotel, he maintained a regular room stocked for sex (condoms, toys, changes of clothes)
  • He didn't immediately clear it out afterward. And soon after in therapy, it slipped out the room still existed.
  • Eva feared it was a sign he planned on possibly using it again in the future.
  • Within hours of that therapy appointment, Gideon did clear out the room, while Eva was asleep.
  • When he arrived back right after the trip to empty the room, she was in crisis from a Nathan nightmare. Thus Gideon didn't tell her where he'd been. It was more important to comfort her than to open discussion about everything they'd argued about that day.
  • The party was at the hotel. Gideon took Corrine, not Eva.
  • Gideon must have specifically taken Corrine to the party (i.e. not told her to stop by.) She absolutely had to be there for pictures.
  • Saturday morning, Eva saw a photo of Corrine and Gideon at the party. His hand was around Corrine's waist. She was leaning into him and laughing. The accompanying story said where the party happened.
  • Eva concluded he'd started sleeping with Corrine again. She told him as much on the phone a minute later when she called him to end it.
  • Eva concluded the reason he ended his physical relationship with her that week was he'd seen the Nathan pictures (something else Eva found out Saturday morning.)
  • He never denied anything else Eva said in that call. He couldn't. He was at the police station at the time.
  • After that call followed more than a week of zero contact from Gideon.
  • During this time period, Eva spotted him leaving the Crossfire with Corrine at the end of the business day. Eva was out on the sidewalk near the building at the time.
  • Something immediately fell into place for Eva on the sidewalk about her mother's weird reaction to something on the sidewalk near the Crossfire one day.
  • She called her mother immediately and confirmed it was that day her mother saw Nathan outside the building.
  • That day was well before the week Gideon left her. And their sex life continued to be fine after the Nathan incident near Crossfire. So whatever caused Gideon to leave her that week, it wasn't the Nathan pictures.
  • The morning after she saw Gideon and Corrine outside Crossfire, she confronted Corrine once and for all. In the fight, Corrine gave herself away that she wasn't sleeping with Gideon, even though Gideon was spending free time with her (Corrine.)
  • Later that very same day, Eva and Gideon spoke in the security room of Crossfire. He told her he'd cleared out the hotel room.

This group of facts leaves me to conclude Gideon is lying by omission to Corrine that they're going somewhere. The same way he had been lying by omission to Eva they were over forever. Everything rests on fooling the cops he left Eva and won back his former fiancée, the one who left him, married someone else, but is divorcing that guy and has resumed contact with Gideon.

He needs to keep Corrine by his side, and a logical way to do this is to let her assume her coming back to New York to chase after him is working.

If Gideon is capable of hurting Eva so terribly because her life depended upon his entire plan to kill Nathan, he's more than capable of ruthlessly using Corrine in order to make the police cross him off the suspect list. Corrine means two things: lack of motive (he loved Corrine, not Eva) and alibi for the night Nathan died.

All along, he's been planning to go back to Eva some day. He needs the cops to back off for good though. I hope that in Entwined, he tells Eva exactly how he was planning to go back to her.

Also, I fear some more gory details will come out in Entwined the full extent of Gideon's using Corrine. Including my guess that he went somewhere private after the party with Corrine, spending hours with her in order to stretch his alibi to cover the entire night, not just the party.

A three hour window is too risky, because authorities can only estimate within a couple of hours time of death. The only sure bet is starting in the afternoon Thursday and continuing into the wee hours Friday. Gideon had arranged for Eva to have an entire unbroken alibi, from getting her roommate moved home from the hospital (so she could say truthfully she wasn't home alone) to making sure his driver took her from work right to an appointment and then right from the appointment home. And another driver was there when she emerged from her apartment before dawn Friday.

If he spent most/all of the night with Corrine, that gives an unbroken alibi. If it ever came down to it and the cops asked Corrine, she could say she was with him all night. Not lie to the cops and say they had sex. She'd tell the truth they spent time talking. They'd just started going out again.

If the cops came asking, Corrine would talk. Lawyer with her, but she'd talk. There's no reason for her to not answer the questions - she's done nothing wrong. And there's EVERY reason for her to confirm Gideon was with her. That keeps Gideon's alibi in place. It is the single thing that "proves" he couldn't kill Nathan. He was elsewhere that night and can prove it.

Yes, yes, I know Detective Graves thinks (rightfully) the murder went down during the party while it was disrupted by the hotel fire. The disruption is the ONLY possible hole Graves can find. She's tried really hard to break it. The fact she's attacking that hole in time very strongly suggests to me that is the ONLY possible hole that exists. Every other single minute of Gideon's life Thursday into Friday is uninterrupted. My timeline: he works all afternoon, then has back-up driver Raul pick him up at work, pick Corrine up at home, go to the party together, leave the party together with Raul driving, and go somewhere else, spending hours talking. My guess: Corrine's apartment, around the corner from Gideon's.

In at least part of Entwined, Eva likely needs to stand back and actually trust him as he continues to use Corrine and let the world think he loves Corrine. Maybe even up the appearance of passion, because the cops have upped the ante trying to trap him. After that hotel picture, Eva quit looking at anything Gideon-related online. But there has to be stuff, lots of stuff. The tabloids must be going insane. And behind the scenes, Gideon must be continuing to manipulate the public lie. So he'll have to keep taking Corrine out. And now Eva, we see from snippets 7 and 8, is out in public manipulating people into thinking she never loved Gideon. She's not home crying heartbroken. She's out partying with girlfriends and leading men on.