4th Book

It depends on whether they actually get to that point in Book 3... or not.

I'd love some true, hot romance between them at last!!!

Then I'd really love to see sweet Cary sorted out, and Victor getting to know the truth.... and Monica getting her own (togethher with Corinne). There are so many threads in BTY and RIY that I believe SD might even have to write more than five books.

Finger crossed!

Hi Everyone,

I hope everyone gets their happily ever after by the end of the series.  It would be nice if all loose ends were tied up.  It would be a nice way to say thank you to all the loyal fans who have suffered through waits and delay and other stinky stuff...

Hi Everyone,

I hope everyone gets their happily ever after by the end of the series.  It would be nice if all loose ends were tied up.  It would be a nice way to say thank you to all the loyal fans who have suffered through waits and delay and other stinky stuff...

:D

Syvlia pasted this to Facebook this morning:

Okay, so there are lots of questions about the next book! That's wonderful and I'm thrilled that so many of you are looking forward to it. I'm so grateful for you all. I feel really blessed.

My original contract with Penguin/Berkley was for three books. That's a pretty typical contract. In my ten years of writing/publishing, I've done contracts for one, two, and three books at a time, but never for more than three. Publishers don't want to invest too much at one time and authors don't want to get tied down too long, just in case things don't work out well and they decide to move on.

Usually the publisher and author will negotiate for new books as soon as the last book in the contract is turned in so that pre-orders can go up and things can keep rolling forward. That didn't happen with Crossfire.That's why you don't see pre-orders up for Books 4 and 5.

The delay was due, in part, to how contentious things got when the release date of Entwined with You was moved to June, something I didn't want and fought strenuously. It was a horrible decision made by the publisher and we all can see the effects of that now. A lot of readers assumed the date move was my decision and it absolutely was not. I hated it and knew it was going to set the wrong tone for readers. (I also have no say in pricing, although I argue all the time for a lower price point for digital - I'm a digital reader, too. I understand.)

I'm now, at this late date, working on finalizing the publication of Books 4 and 5. Does that mean the books are ages away? No. Everyone wants to wrap up the series (including me!) as soon as possible and I expect we'll have a firm date for the publication that I can share within the next two weeks or so. It's not going to be a year away!! I write must faster than that and I've got a head start. :) Again, I don't control release dates, but I know what I *won't* be seeing happening again. I don't want to keep you waiting. I never wanted to keep you waiting.

I know some readers have decided that Crossfire was extended for monetary reasons, but I can say in all honesty, I would make the same amount of money for a new series and likely MORE, so I assure you, money is not motivating how the series is being handled moving forward. My primary goal is keeping your trust, delivering books to you in a timely manner, and making sure Gideon and Eva have the happy ending they deserve.

Thanks for bearing with me while I address the deficits in the handling of the first three novels and thank you so much for all the wonderful emails, posts, and tweets about Entwined with You. I love the book and I'm so happy that so many of you did, too!

Also, if you have title suggestions, I'd love to hear them. :)

THANK YOU!

Okay, so there are lots of questions about the next book! That's wonderful and I'm thrilled that so many of you are looking forward to it. I'm so grateful for you all. I feel really blessed.

My original contract with Penguin/Berkley was for three books. That's a pretty typical contract. In my ten years of writing/publishing, I've done contracts for one, two, and three books at a time, but never for more than three. Publishers don't want to invest too much at one time and authors don't want to get tied down too long, just in case things don't work out well and they decide to move on.

Usually the publisher and author will negotiate for new books as soon as the last book in the contract is turned in so that pre-orders can go up and things can keep rolling forward. That didn't happen with Crossfire.That's why you don't see pre-orders up for Books 4 and 5.

The delay was due, in part, to how contentious things got when the release date of Entwined with You was moved to June, something I didn't want and fought strenuously. It was a horrible decision made by the publisher and we all can see the effects of that now. A lot of readers assumed the date move was my decision and it absolutely was not. I hated it and knew it was going to set the wrong tone for readers. (I also have no say in pricing, although I argue all the time for a lower price point for digital - I'm a digital reader, too. I understand.)

I'm now, at this late date, working on finalizing the publication of Books 4 and 5. Does that mean the books are ages away? No. Everyone wants to wrap up the series (including me!) as soon as possible and I expect we'll have a firm date for the publication that I can share within the next two weeks or so. It's not going to be a year away!! I write must faster than that and I've got a head start. :) Again, I don't control release dates, but I know what I *won't* be seeing happening again. I don't want to keep you waiting. I never wanted to keep you waiting.

I know some readers have decided that Crossfire was extended for monetary reasons, but I can say in all honesty, I would make the same amount of money for a new series and likely MORE, so I assure you, money is not motivating how the series is being handled moving forward. My primary goal is keeping your trust, delivering books to you in a timely manner, and making sure Gideon and Eva have the happy ending they deserve.

Thanks for bearing with me while I address the deficits in the handling of the first three novels and thank you so much for all the wonderful emails, posts, and tweets about Entwined with You. I love the book and I'm so happy that so many of you did, too!

THANK YOU!

Aww...that was nice of her to put this out. She obviously cares about her fans. She's also probably read the reivews on Amazon (not so nice :( )

Bring on book 4!:) I wasn't so happy w/ EWY, not gonna lie :(     Some parts made me really happy, others, just angry...like 'COME ON!" angry...lol...

I'm going thru the book now a second time, making highlights for our discussion Fri. Have we deceided if it'll be a chapter a day review?

THANK YOU!

Thanks LN

Way to go Sylvia, I am glad she told us but I feel sorry for her as she sounds very frustrated with the publisher and people asking questions all the time especially the monetary ones.

I wonder if she will look at the ideas we have had on this forum for the title of the new books :)

Thanks LN

Way to go Sylvia, I am glad she told us but I feel sorry for her as she sounds very frustrated with the publisher and people asking questions all the time especially the monetary ones.

I wonder if she will look at the ideas we have had on this forum for the title of the new books :)

THat would be nice. SHe's been on here making comments before, so I'm sure she still checks in when she's not too busy! I'd love if she's make some comments to us soon! Big fans over here

!

I left a message on FB for Sylvia under her message to everyone about the latest books that we have a thread in here listing our ideas for title and she should stop by and have a read to see if she likes any.

You never know she may just do that :D

Thanks LN

I'm really glad she posted that. Yesterday I was reading some of the comments about how people were unhappy and about this being more of a money thing and I kinda felt for her a bit.  People like Sylvia write because she enjoys writing and while she does need to have a bit of a think skin, her books are her babies.  Even thought what she makes is very important, my guess is, her main reason for doing this is because she enjoys it.  Yeah we are all unhappy when the book gets pushed back but there have been a lot of book release dates pushed back and it never has anything to do with the author.  Olivia Cunning had her Sinners series released out of order and that was also a publisher decision, I'm sure.  It made reading the book a little confusing but I don't think Olivia had any control over it.  I, for one, am glad to see the story continue a little further although it makes waiting for book 4 agonizing!

Sharon

I'm really glad she posted that. Yesterday I was reading some of the comments about how people were unhappy and about this being more of a money thing and I kinda felt for her a bit.  People like Sylvia write because she enjoys writing and while she does need to have a bit of a think skin, her books are her babies.  Even thought what she makes is very important, my guess is, her main reason for doing this is because she enjoys it.  Yeah we are all unhappy when the book gets pushed back but there have been a lot of book release dates pushed back and it never has anything to do with the author.  Olivia Cunning had her Sinners series released out of order and that was also a publisher decision, I'm sure.  It made reading the book a little confusing but I don't think Olivia had any control over it.  I, for one, am glad to see the story continue a little further although it makes waiting for book 4 agonizing!

Sharon

:D

THANK YOU!

For Sylvia to say this means she thinks of her fans and they're important to her.

I wonder if she will join us on Friday when we start discussing EWY ?

For Sylvia to say this means she thinks of her fans and they're important to her.

I wonder if she will join us on Friday when we start discussing EWY ?

She'll get lots of love here starting Friday from some fans thrilled by Entwined.

And I hope some of the regular readers of the forums will sign up to become posters. Jump in folks -- the water's fine!!!

She'll get lots of love here starting Friday from some fans thrilled by Entwined.

And I hope some of the regular readers of the forums will sign up to become posters. Jump in folks -- the water's fine!!!

Your right we've got a great forum here!

And I can't wait to hear what we all think of EWY I personally loved it and am glad that Sylvia is doing another two crossfire books.

She could have rushed things and squeezed it into 3 but 5 is a much better idea to develop things

Your right we've got a great forum here!

And I can't wait to hear what we all think of EWY I personally loved it and am glad that Sylvia is doing another two crossfire books.

She could have rushed things and squeezed it into 3 but 5 is a much better idea to develop things

I agree. A lot of people are whining that its going to 5 books, but they forget the book only covers 2 weeks. Cramming would spoil the story. I'm very happy its going over 5 books. Make it 55! :)

I agree. A lot of people are whining that its going to 5 books, but they forget the book only covers 2 weeks. Cramming would spoil the story. I'm very happy its going over 5 books. Make it 55! :)

I'm with you make it 55 or 100!

There needs time to develop characters and events to happen

The more cross we can get the better!

I'll mention this here as well as in one other thread... I emailed Sylvia last night really just to encourage her with all of these baseless awful reviews, and to ask her a few questions. When she gets back from Australia  she said she would pop on the board here to answer any questions we might have. I think that we should do a thread marked Questions for Sylvia Regarding The Crossfire Series, and just put all of our unanswered questions in there. This way she can see them and then respond to whatever is not a spoiler. What does everyone think?

I'll mention this here as well as in one other thread... I emailed Sylvia last night really just to encourage her with all of these baseless awful reviews, and to ask her a few questions. When she gets back from Australia  she said she would pop on the board here to answer any questions we might have. I think that we should do a thread marked Questions for Sylvia Regarding The Crossfire Series, and just put all of our unanswered questions in there. This way she can see them and then respond to whatever is not a spoiler. What does everyone think?

Good idea! :)

Kirsten-That's a super idea!

Hi Everyone, 

I posted this in another forum, but I wante dot make sure that everyone gets the information if they need it or would like to do something about the fact that some of the stores released Sylvia's book early (there are phone numbers listed for anyone who might like to pick up a phone and voice their complaint).  I  just called Penguin Publishers in Canada to complain about the early release dates from some of the retailers.  The representative from Penguin said that this was the first that she had heard of this problem.  I find that incredibly difficult to believe.  I also mentioned to her about the Sylvia Day Community site and I could have sworn that I heard crickets on the other side of the line.  The lady had no idea what I was talking about. 

If there are emails being sent, I don't think that those emails are going to the right places.  So with that in mind I looked up the Penguin Publishers numbers and if anyone would like they can call one of the 800 numbers in either Canada or the US.  For all the other ladies in Europe, Penguin Publishers can be found in their local phone directories (If someone needs help, just let me know and I will figure out a way to get the number for you).  Here are the numbers: 

1.  Penguin Publishers Canada

(800)399-6858

2.  Penguin Publishers USA

(800)526-0275

Again, if anyone has a problem with either of these numbers, just shoot me off an email and let me know what city and province/state that you live in and I will get you the numbers.  Let's make sure this doesn't happen again ladies.  Let's make it fair for everyone in this forum.  I hope this helps.

I know you mean well but I don't think anything can be done about some places releasing the book a day or two earlier than others.  Like I said department stores who have employees whose only mission is to restock shelves aren't going to pay attention to release dates.  Other stores like Barnes & Noble are a little more strict about only selling on the official date.  Plus you've got people who get advance copies for reviews and those people may sell their copies and copies that are given out as promotions.  I would think it would be impossible for publishers to police something like this.  I know when your anxious to get the book, it's frustrating when you hear that someone has it a day or two before you but I don't see how that can be stopped. 

My apologies if anyone is offended but what I just said.  I just didn't see the point.  In any case, I'm just glad that *I* can read it now, lol.  The rest of it is beyond my control so I chose not to worry about it.