Entwined - A Chapter A Day Discussion (contains spoilers)

Couple of things - one I think Eva's position changed even before Gideon came to her apt. I think he realized it when he called her and said, "You've got the advantage, state your demands." I can't see him letting himself be that submissive to any of his other f-buddies before - even if he just thinks he's toying with her.

Two - speaking of rationalizations, when Eva tells Cary she doesn't know the name of the sexy new neighbor, does she justify the lie by meaning the person playing the role (Gideon) hasn't given her the name of his persona? Doesn't seem like her.

Hi Nrock, 

I think that given the fact, that Eva and Gideon had broken up and Cary saw Eva suffer through that entire situation, Eva didn't want to get into explanations about why Eva had suddenly taken Gideon back after such a public display on Gideon's part of having moved on.

I also think that if Cary and Eva had begun talking about the Gideon situation, Eva would have eventually spilled the beans about Gideon and what he had done for Eva.  That would have put Gideon at further legal risk and Eva didn't want to do anything that could bring harm to Gideon.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, jumping in with a quick reminder that this one particular thread is designed specifically for one chapter per day, especially for readers who are still working on the early chapters but have not yet finished.

The main "SPOILER" thread (and yes, I misspelled that word when I set up the other thread) is for any and everything everywhere in the book.

Sorry :(

Hi, jumping in with a quick reminder that this one particular thread is designed specifically for one chapter per day, especially for readers who are still working on the early chapters but have not yet finished.

The main "SPOILER" thread (and yes, I misspelled that word when I set up the other thread) is for any and everything everywhere in the book.

Please be respectful of this Ladies and Gent's..!! It is GREATLY APPRECIATED..!

Sorry :(

No worries, Julie :)

We have gents here? Where are they hiding? And how can I get me one? I'd loooove to go over some love scenes with one. If he's a  hottie ;)

No worries, Julie :)

We have gents here? Where are they hiding? And how can I get me one? I'd loooove to go over some love scenes with one. If he's a  hottie ;)

Yes there are Gent's here I asked SD one day and she said about 5 or 6..!!

Hi Gigi

She did say, she was treated like a who* e, but she just didn't get paid.

Just thought back to the early days of Bared and how Gideon propositioned Eva. He wasn't a gentleman. He was a dou* he bag!

Hi Julie, 

There is no dispute about Gideon's actions (nor do I wish to dispute them).  The plain and simple fact from perspective is that Deanna knew the score from the get-go.  Your words exactly "Look at how Gideon propositioned Eva".  Do you think that Deanna would have gotten seduction and roses?  I say no.  I just think that she is crying sour grapes.  She saw an extremely good looking, wealthy man and decided to bed him, but when things didn't go according to plan (i.e. she expected him to be nice to her and buy her a drink) she balked.  Straight up, it sucks to be her.

I always taught that at the end of the day, the ONLY thing that we as women are responsible for are ourselves and that includes whom we choose to allow into our bodies and how we negotiate that.  The straight up fact is that Eva did a better job negotiating and called Gideon out on his bulls**t (when he tried to make s** nothing more than a transaction) than Deanna did. If you don't open your mouth to say that this how I expect things to go or we are not going to play, then you can't blame anyone else but yourself.  At the end of the day Deanna decided to go back to the hotel, pull down her pants and as a results she got screwed because she didn't do a better job of negotiating with Gideon. 

People may not like the way the message is being delivered but that doesn't make the message any less true.    

Hi Julie, 

There is no dispute about Gideon's actions (nor do I wish to dispute them).  The plain and simple fact from perspective is that Deanna knew the score from the get-go.  Your words exactly "Look at how Gideon propositioned Eva".  Do you think that Deanna would have gotten seduction and roses?  I say no.  I just think that she is crying sour grapes.  She saw an extremely good looking, wealthy man and decided to bed him, but when things didn't go according to plan (i.e. she expected him to be nice to her and buy her a drink) she balked.  Straight up, it sucks to be her.

I always taught that at the end of the day, the ONLY thing that we as women are responsible for are ourselves and that includes whom we choose to allow into our bodies and how we negotiate that.  The straight up fact is that Eva did a better job negotiating and called Gideon out on his bulls**t (when he tried to make s** nothing more than a transaction) than Deanna did. If you don't open your mouth to say that this how I expect things to go or we are not going to play, then you can't blame anyone else but yourself.  At the end of the day Deanna decided to go back to the hotel, pull down her pants and as a results she got screwed because she didn't do a better job of negotiating with Gideon. 

People may not like the way the message is being delivered but that doesn't make the message any less true.

Hi Gigi

Eva has more class! Simple

Hi Gigi

Eva has more class! Simple

Hi Julie, 

I am not sure that Eva had any more class than anyone else at that point in the book, she simply knew herself and her limits better because she had been around that block before.  I don't think that has anything to do with class. 

Hi Julie, 

I am not sure that Eva had any more class than anyone else at that point in the book, she simply knew herself and her limits better because she had been around that block before.  I don't think that has anything to do with class.

hi Gigi

Sorry the word should have been respect. :)

Hi MrsCrossfire, 

I would kindly like to remind you that when everyone was discussing how this entire next book should be handled only five or six individuals spoke up and thought that there should be as many threads as there are.  Might I respectfully remind you that a few individuals cannot speak for the majority.

I would also note that people have been discussing this book in code or letters or whatever since well before Friday and dare I say that there has been nary a cricket sound of displeasure from opposing camps.  Keep that in mind.  Thanks in advance.

Hi MrsCrossfire, 

I would kindly like to remind you that when everyone was discussing how this entire next book should be handled only five or six individuals spoke up and thought that there should be as many threads as there are.  Might I respectfully remind you that a few individuals cannot speak for the majority.

I would also note that people have been discussing this book in code or letters or whatever since well before Friday and dare I say that there has been nary a cricket sound of displeasure from opposing camps.  Keep that in mind.  Thanks in advance.

I think more then five or six ppl spoke on this subject..! This question was asked mutipule times..! that i know of NOBOBY said they DIDN'T approve of having 2 threads..!! This thread here is for a chapter daily as there are ppl that just got their book yesterday and DON'T want to jump right into the book, but want to take their time savoring it.. We are being respectful to those ppl, as SD is..!

Honestly I thought it was being nice waiting till today because we DIDN'T have to do that and truth be told I could have let the cat out the bag June 1 and spoiled it for everyone but I didn't..!

The other post is for ppl that want to talk about the book in no particular order ( with spoilers included) so for those that didn't get their books yet or DON'T want to go over the book by chapter a day ,this would be for them..! The choice is yours..! To each is own..!!

But why make ppl read spoilers if they don't want to..? Wouldn't it make since to make a thread without it..!?

Why hide spoilers from ppl that want to read them..? Make a thread for them..! So that's what we did,,!

As far as hints and codes that's all they were nobody spoiled the book for no one..!

All we ask is have respect for others..!!

Hey hey hey..... I like Clinton..!!! J/k :)

Well, Eva does have a bodyguard -- Angus -- thank goodness, to come between her and any potential bunny boilers.

I love the relationship that is slowing building between Angus and Eva. Was so pleased he was at the wedding. When he expressed his happiness for them, was very touching.

By being best man, Angus definitely has become family.

Is it only brunettes she needs to be scared of -- that's my real question (which has yet to be answered). Was Gideon's brunette fixation full-blown major fetish? Or, when it came to the hotel room, any "pre-approved orifice" would do, regardless of hair color.

Does Eva need to watch her back with blonde and redheads too? (In addition to, of course, Anne Lucas, who is in a class by herself, a revenge f*** turning the tables, determined to break Gideon).

Hi Julie, 

I think that Anne Lucas is definately a person that needs to be watched.  I so horrified by the fact that she tried to seduce Cary, Eva's roomate in attempts to get back at Gideon (thereby Eva inadvertently).  I seriously think that this woman is pure EVIL and a serious contender for being an absolute whack-job!!!  What do you think?   What does everyone else think? 

Hi MrsCrossfire, 

I went back and read the posts from this morning.  I noticed that you and others who set up this thread were spilling and inadvertently spoiling for the other readers who may not have read all of the chapters either.  Straight up you were aware of this since before 9am this morning and yet you said nothing.  You also participated in the "spilling and spoiling".  Please in future, when you caution and chastize others, come in with clean hands.  You allowed it from some but not others.  Feel free to explain.  Thanks in advance.

I think more then five or six ppl spoke on this subject..! This question was asked mutipule times..! that i know of NOBOBY said they DIDN'T approve of having 2 threads..!! This thread here is for a chapter daily as there are ppl that just got their book yesterday and DON'T want to jump right into the book, but want to take their time savoring it.. We are being respectful to those ppl, as SD is..!

Honestly I thought it was being nice waiting till today because we DIDN'T have to do that and truth be told I could have let the cat out the bag June 1 and spoiled it for everyone but I didn't..!

The other post is for ppl that want to talk about the book in no particular order ( with spoilers included) so for those that didn't get their books yet or DON'T want to go over the book by chapter a day ,this would be for them..! The choice is yours..! To each is own..!!

But why make ppl read spoilers if they don't want to..? Wouldn't it make since to make a thread without it..!?

Why hide spoilers from ppl that want to read them..? Make a thread for them..! So that's what we did,,!

As far as hints and codes that's all they were nobody spoiled the book for no one..!

All we ask is have respect for others..!!

Hi MrsCrossfire,

Go back and count the number of people who actually agreed to this.  I think that you will be fully surprised at how many people actually consented.  You have been allowing your "friend" to spill the beans since before 9am.  Straight up, I find that highly hypocritical. 

Surely you can't be that naiive when you yourself cautioned a few people about their "codes" and "symbols".  You and I am sure many others were easily able to figure out what was being said.  It isn't that difficult to figure out the BK would most likely stand for Brett Kline....

Again, let me very clear so that there is no possibility for misinterpretation, I think that i have been extremely respectful and extremely tollerant of others and their opinions and views.  It is the few that have commendeered the forum and have spoken for the vast majority and that isn't right.

Hi Sharonm745, 

How could any woman not feel cheap after meeting some guy in a bar, hotel, etc. agree to go back to a hotel to have s** and then when the deed is done, they are sent packing.  What one earth would ever make someone think that that impersonal act of s** wasn't exactly what is was.  It was random, consensual but strictly s** with no strings attached.

I don't condone this, don't get me wrong, I just find it astounding that women pick up men in bars or at social gatherings, or allow themselves to be picked, sleep with a guy and then start crying when the guy turns around and says it was fun and see you later.   Do these women honestly think that by sleeping with some random guy that they are going to get him to fall in love?  What does everyone think? 

I agree.  I said that when we first met Deanna in the Chapter 1 release.  I think she wanted more because he is a rich, hot guy but he never promised any more.  Gideon said he used her to distract Anne so maybe he gave her the impression that more was possible and then she found out once was enough for Gideon and it hurt.

Hi MrsCrossfire,

I went back and read the posts from this morning. I noticed that you and others who set up this thread were spilling and inadvertently spoiling for the other readers who may not have read all of the chapters either. Straight up you were aware of this since before 9am this morning and yet you said nothing. You also participated in the "spilling and spoiling". Please in future, when you caution and chastize others, come in with clean hands. You allowed it from some but not others. Feel free to explain. Thanks in advance.

GiGi Don't play this game with me Hun I'm surely NOT THE ONE...! What I posted about Bill Clinton had NOTHING to do with spoiling the book..! So you better go read aging before you start telling me WTF I posted..!

Hi MrsCrossfire,

I just had one more point to make, you talk about how much you respect Sylvia Day yet when she informed her fans about the release date of June 4th to help avoid any problems for the fans yet you yourself told everyone on this forum on SEVERAL THREADS about how you went and bought the book and were busy reading it and preparing for the discussion.

From an outsiders perspective it would seem that you put your selfish needs ahead of everyone else and bought the book and what's worse, you decided to rub that in everyone's face.  If that isn't hypocritical and disrespectful to SD then I don't know what is.  

Hi MrsCrossfire,

I just had one more point to make, you talk about how much you respect Sylvia Day yet when she informed her fans about the release date of June 4th to help avoid any problems for the fans yet you yourself told everyone on this forum on SEVERAL THREADS about how you went and bought the book and were busy reading it and preparing for the discussion.

From an outsiders perspective it would seem that you put your selfish needs ahead of everyone else and bought the book and what's worse, you decided to rub that in everyone's face. If that isn't hypocritical and disrespectful to SD then I don't know what is.

Lol jokes on you dummy .. I didn't buy the book..! Now since you read EVERYTHING YOU BETTER GO FIND OUT HOW I GOT THE BOOK EARLY STUPID..!!

And while your reading count how many ppl said NOT to start 2 threads....! When you get the answer let me know...! Until then keep my username out your mentions before I hurt your feeling little girl..!!

Hi MrsCrossfire, 

I don' take kindly to threats straight up.  If you have something to say than say it.  Just remember that what ever you say is documented.  Keep that in mind before you make veiled threats.

Hi MrsCrossfire, 

I don' take kindly to threats straight up.  If you have something to say than say it.  Just remember that what ever you say is documented.  Keep that in mind before you make veiled threats.

SCREENSHOT IT.. It will last longer..!!

Lol jokes on you dummy .. I didn't buy the book..! Now since you read EVERYTHING YOU BETTER GO FIND OUT HOW I GOT THE BOOK EARLY STUPID..!!

Hi MrsCrossfire, 

It is unfortunate, the joke is really on you.  You can't discuss or disagree without name calling or threatening.  At the end of the day, you disrespect yourself.

Hi MrsCrossfire, 

It is unfortunate, the joke is really on you.  You can't discuss or disagree without name calling or threatening.  At the end of the day, you disrespect yourself.

Go see Anne Lucas..!! You got serious issues..!! Sad..!!