Entwined - A Chapter A Day Discussion (contains spoilers)

It's weird because I can't decide whose side I am on on the job argument. I get why Eva wants to stand on her own 2 feet and accomplish things on her own. But at the same time its insane that she work for someone else given the size of Gideon's empire!! What does everyone think is going to happen with this?

My gut is telling me that Eva will end up running both the foundation she sets up and the Crossroads foundation. That would be a good compromise... what do you think?

Hi Rogue, 

Ohhh!!! Your theory about the tenth floor is great!  It would be wonderful if Eva started her own foundation!  Maybe it could be the Eva Cross Foundation for Abused Children.

I don't think that Eva would start her own Ad agency, it doesn't seem like this is her life's mission.  Every cause and charity that Eva has been involved with has had to do with abused children.  I also think that it was something that Eva said in passing while she was reading the prenup (doing something with the money Stanton invested for her). 

Your theory about Eva running the Crosroads Foundation is brilliant! Eva can still have her own indepence with her own foundation and she can offer her husband a compromise by working with him.  All around this theory is an absolute winner in my books!! :)  :) 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember when Eva said something to Cary about him helping her run the foundation? I'm hoping that pans out. It would be great for Cary's self-esteem to be valued for something besides his appearance and it would pull him away from the unhealthy lifestyle that goes with the modeling business. Besides he would be a natural at schmoozing with and charming big bucks out of wealthy men and women. I suppose Eva would be involved in a major way, too. I'll miss her in the ad business, if she goes, however. It's fun and lively for her there. Wonder what SD has planned for her.

Hi Nancy,  

Could you tell me please where Eva mentioned that to Cary (page number).  It would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.  :)

I'm thinking Gideon will get his way to a certain extent, but leaving Eva with her integrity intact. As long as he doesn't interfere, they will be good.

Hi Julie, 

I think if Gideon gives Eva some space, she may just surprise him by running his Crossroad Foundation in addtion to her own.  Gideon would get to work with Eva on some level.  :)

I hope it pans out too and that we get to see how it evolves... Hopefully it begins in CBY so we can see the journey into book 5!

Hi Claudine & Everyone, 

Does anyone know how long it would take to set up a foundation?  I feel like our hands are tied because of the limited time span between all of the books.  It would be wonderful if we got to see this come to fruition.  :)

Hi Nancy

I assumed Mark didn't, he was convinced he didn't. Eva's bosses will jump through hoops to get Gideons business. Perhaps Gideon had already approached the advertising co, regarding his vineyard.

I agree with you here Julie, I think Mark would jump at the chance to work with Eva and Gideon :)

Remember when Eva said something to Cary about him helping her run the foundation? I'm hoping that pans out. It would be great for Cary's self-esteem to be valued for something besides his appearance and it would pull him away from the unhealthy lifestyle that goes with the modeling business. Besides he would be a natural at schmoozing with and charming big bucks out of wealthy men and women. I suppose Eva would be involved in a major way, too. I'll miss her in the ad business, if she goes, however. It's fun and lively for her there. Wonder what SD has planned for her.

I think it will Nrock, it will give Cary some more coverage with the press and help him deal with his own issues as well seeing how him helping is helping other people.

I think Eva will still work either at Waters or in Gideons Empire but I think she will run the charity as well and Gideon will help her with support and encouragement, I don't think he would interfere too much with the charity stuff as he knows that is something she will want to do for herself.

I agree with you here Julie, I think Mark would jump at the chance to work with Eva and Gideon :)

Hi Sheens, 

If Mark took a job with Eva and Gideon wouldn't it be like getting a demotion?  Thus far Mark is Eva's boss.  How would the work situation work out?  Would Mark still be Eva's boss or would he be taking orders from Eva?  What do you think?

Hi Sheens, 

If Mark took a job with Eva and Gideon wouldn't it be like getting a demotion?  Thus far Mark is Eva's boss.  How would the work situation work out?  Would Mark still be Eva's boss or would he be taking orders from Eva?  What do you think?

I think that Mark would still go in as the boss, Eva is still learning but Mark would probably have a bit more freedome with Gideon than he does just now and I think he would help Eva grow in her ambition but they would also benefit each other, they already have a good working environment 

I think that Mark would still go in as the boss, Eva is still learning but Mark would probably have a bit more freedome with Gideon than he does just now and I think he would help Eva grow in her ambition but they would also benefit each other, they already have a good working environment 

I thought that Mark would go in on the advertising side. In this position he would evaluate the RFPs from Waters Fields & Leaman.   Gideon wants Eva to handle crisis control like she did with the Deanna stuff. 

I thought that Mark would go in on the advertising side. In this position he would evaluate the RFPs from Waters Fields & Leaman.   Gideon wants Eva to handle crisis control like she did with the Deanna stuff. 

you are right there :)

Do you ladies think that Eva will either... Stay in Waters Fields & Leaman, Go and work with Gideon in crisis management, or work on setting up her own foundation and run Crossroads?

I mean Crossroads is already up and running and Gideon has people to work on that. 

I think for sure she will be working in some respect with Gideon's company because it means so much to him.  And what did he say the Cross in Cross Industries would include her (that is not exactly how he put it). :)

And I think he even said that before they were married....

Do you ladies think that Eva will either... Stay in Waters Fields & Leaman, Go and work with Gideon in crisis management, or work on setting up her own foundation and run Crossroads?

I mean Crossroads is already up and running and Gideon has people to work on that. 

I think for sure she will be working in some respect with Gideon's company because it means so much to him.  And what did he say the Cross in Cross Industries would include her (that is not exactly how he put it). :)

And I think he even said that before they were married....

I agree that she will probably work for Gideon in some aspect, probably on the Crossroads, but I think she will also like to set up her own foundation with the help of Cary and Gideon of course and I think she will still work along side Mark in some aspect :)

I agree that she will probably work for Gideon in some aspect, probably on the Crossroads, but I think she will also like to set up her own foundation with the help of Cary and Gideon of course and I think she will still work along side Mark in some aspect :)

I think the foundation will be a part of her job but that won't be full time.  She will definitely work for Gideon in advertising or crisis management.  He wants her there and she can't say no to him.  They are going to be a team with everything.