Entwined - A Chapter A Day Discussion (contains spoilers)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol Yes! the Donkey was me protesting not having the book yet! Actually the pic of Henry was for Julie's avatar I was sending her the URL but since she has a different one then I'll keep Henry lol. Idk what else to put for a pic :)

Thank you for trying to help me. Don't know how I did it. You can have Henry for being patient with me.:D

Good morning, everyone, 

It's Chapter 3 Day -- I'll post the Chapter 3 snapshot in a minute to start off the discussion (and boy the coffee was clever). 

But first, I want to apologize to everyone about the fight that erupted last night after I tried to bring the thread topic back to one chapter per day. Mrs. Crossfire got bullied by GiGi, innocent bystanders got hurt, and the fun got ruined.

Several of us, myself included, started to veer toward later subjects, and it took me a while to notice, given how wildly we all were posting yesterday, our first day out of the gate with a book we'd been waiting for for months. I tried to reign it in after I did notice, because I hope this chapter a day thread will work -- it's an experiment and it was only the first day. No one need apologize for veering off topic, but thank you to everyone who did (especially Julie) and I want to as well apologize for my own mentions of stuff that comes later in the story.

Second, I want to stand up for Mrs. Crossfire being bullied. She's right about the fact GiGi has complained about for going after other members of the forum.

Earlier this spring, GiGi turned on me and started attacking me as well. Below is one particularly nasty post in which she challenged my own right to post thoughts, told me to butt out, and made a claim that Sylvia was talking to her (GiGi) alone. I let it slide then, because I figured picking a fight wasn't worth it. "Never get into a p i s s i n g contest with a skunk" has been something I try to live by. That and I honestly wondered whether I had rubbed GiGi the wrong way.

But seeing someone else being seriously disrespected has made me want to take a stand against bullying. So that you can read for yourselves how GiGi went after me too -- how what happened last night wasn't an isolated incident, but rather, is an unfortunate pattern. 

With that, I've said my piece, and I've reported GiGi to the site moderator.

Hi Everyone, 

I am sorry that this has played out so badly for all the other members who have had to read this.  I have had two incidents with two individuals who I have had issues with in the past.

LNCronan:

I never disrespected you.  What I was upset by was the fact that you were unwilling in your assessments to take into considerations that we have others in this panel who have more expertise in certain subjects like; the law, medicine, obstetrics and the point I was trying to make was that when someone who has more expertise than someone else I will always defer to the higher standard or higher level of education within that subject. 

If you felt so disrespected you could have sent me a private message and we could  have talked things out, but you chose not to, which is fine.  You are entitled to your own opinion.  You can talk to or ignore whomever you wish to, but instead you decided to put this out on the forum.

I would also like to clearly state that I wasn't going after other members in the forum.  What I was trying to point out was that all types and sorts of leaks had been happening well before yesterdays discussions.  What upset me was the fact that I was singled out (out of all the people) which was completely inappropriate.  What worse is the fact that you and others participated and then turned and pointed fingers at me which was not right.

Bullying is a very serious subject and I would be careful before such satements are made in relation to another member.  This is an issue that would require the involvement of the authorities.  I would welcome the prespective of a moderator, someone who can clearly and objectively look at all the postings, in all of the threads.  It clear that we all do not agree which is fine. Please feel to pass my postings by and I have already done the same. 

I'm trying to get caught up on these threads from yesterday. Super busy with the last day of school yesterday. I was beginning to get discouraged and about to quit reading but I see now, that hopefully everything has been resolved. I love reading everyone thoughts and inputs. Y'all keep up the good work.

Yes I'll keep up the good work..!! :) don't get discouraged we're here for you..! The show must go on..!!

Good morning, everyone, 

It's Chapter 3 Day -- I'll post the Chapter 3 snapshot in a minute to start off the discussion (and boy the coffee was clever). 

But first, I want to apologize to everyone about the fight that erupted last night after I tried to bring the thread topic back to one chapter per day. Mrs. Crossfire got bullied by GiGi, innocent bystanders got hurt, and the fun got ruined.

Several of us, myself included, started to veer toward later subjects, and it took me a while to notice, given how wildly we all were posting yesterday, our first day out of the gate with a book we'd been waiting for for months. I tried to reign it in after I did notice, because I hope this chapter a day thread will work -- it's an experiment and it was only the first day. No one need apologize for veering off topic, but thank you to everyone who did (especially Julie) and I want to as well apologize for my own mentions of stuff that comes later in the story.

Second, I want to stand up for Mrs. Crossfire being bullied. She's right about the fact GiGi has complained about for going after other members of the forum.

Earlier this spring, GiGi turned on me and started attacking me as well. Below is one particularly nasty post in which she challenged my own right to post thoughts, told me to butt out, and made a claim that Sylvia was talking to her (GiGi) alone. I let it slide then, because I figured picking a fight wasn't worth it. "Never get into a p i s s i n g contest with a skunk" has been something I try to live by. That and I honestly wondered whether I had rubbed GiGi the wrong way.

But seeing someone else being seriously disrespected has made me want to take a stand against bullying. So that you can read for yourselves how GiGi went after me too -- how what happened last night wasn't an isolated incident, but rather, is an unfortunate pattern. 

With that, I've said my piece, and I've reported GiGi to the site moderator.

I could not stay on the site last night too tired, and am catching up today, honestly I came on this site to get to know other people who love the Crossfire series and was mentioned by SD herself on FB but if what I have read from GiGi and Mrs C is going to happen everytime, I will not come in again.

I agree with Mrs C, this was set up as a chapter a day thread and I voted for that and that is how it should be.

I don't put up with this from my staff arguing between everyone and no I am not a mum but honestly everyone simmer down and let's get on with discussing a chapter a day of our the people we love Eva and Gideon.

chapter-three.jpg

Morning coffee for those of us in the States, and coffee break for our Lovely Ladies in Europe.

Today is Chapter 3 of our day-by-day experiment: a spoiler thread where we try to not jump ahead, allowing fans still reading later chapters to jump in to talk strictly about early chapters. I'm crossing my fingers (hey -- Cross pun) that this can work.

Chapter 3 is up for analysis today and everything that came before it in Crossfire, including Entwined chapters 1 & 2 are game.

Ok LN please help, I could understand the coffee after I read the chapter but it got me all the time that I was not getting the paper part of this clue, please someone explain, I just cannot get it :)

I could not stay on the site last night too tired, and am catching up today, honestly I came on this site to get to know other people who love the Crossfire series and was mentioned by SD herself on FB but if what I have read from GiGi and Mrs C is going to happen everytime, I will not come in again.

I agree with Mrs C, this was set up as a chapter a day thread and I voted for that and that is how it should be.

I don't put up with this from my staff arguing between everyone and no I am not a mum but honestly everyone simmer down and let's get on with discussing a chapter a day of our the people we love Eva and Gideon.

Hi Sheens,

I'm sticking to a chapter a day here ;) and I too voted for that. I'm going to try to see if I can help make the experiment work; thus far today, it's held to that thus far.

Fighting ruins the fun for everyone.

Love love love chapter 3. Such great s e x and so few downers in it. I just hope Gideon changed his clothes again before he went to work!

Ok I am glad you brought that up Nrock as I thought that when reading this chapter thinking, is he going in the same clothes or will he change, great s e x scene but what happened after that :D

Ok LN please help, I could understand the coffee after I read the chapter but it got me all the time that I was not getting the paper part of this clue, please someone explain, I just cannot get it :)

The business means when Gideon say " it's early but we need to talk" and then they talk about what's going to happen and something's that had happened..!!

I wanted to cry when I learned Gideon had taken the apartment next door to Eva, cry at the thought of lonely nights he probably spent there after broken-hearted Eva dumped him. She was so close literally -- on the other side of a wall -- but a million miles away. He couldn't see her, talk to her .... and he knew she probably was crying herself to sleep every night. Certainly, from having her followed, he knew her nights consisted purely of Krav Maga and hiding in her apartment. I'll bet through watching her on the security cameras coming and going from the Crossfire, he could tell she wasn't eating (she clearly was losing weight) and she was having trouble sleeping too (even other people were worried about her appearance.)

I wonder whether he slept there that last Monday night in Reflected. He'd finally dared approach her in the elevator that day, and the reaction he got was her feeling so beat down she invited him to simply sexually use her then and there. Then things got even worse that evening, because he got caught red-handed with Corrine coming out of the Crossfire. I'm sure he staged the whole thing for the security cameras to counter security footage of him approaching Eva. He definitely timed it for after Eva leaving for the day. But unfortunately for him, she hadn't left the vicinity -- so he got caught, and Eva's reaction was anger. Even scarier than despair. Especially because she immediately telephoned someone then and there on the sidewalk, in full view of him. Brett? (We know she called Monica, but Gideon had no way of knowing.)

So I can see him in there Monday night maybe crying himself to sleep. Eva's self esteem was so bad she'd allow herself to be used -- and now she was mad as h e l l and ripe to maybe demean herself with someone else -- a guy she used to demean herself with years ago. His whole plan had gone horribly wrong yet again.

Hi LN, 

I can totally agree, my heart had a pain in it reading that thinking Awww poor Gideon, all alone with Eva next door and not being able to go to her, that must have been how Gideon cold get to her the night Cary came home from the hospital.

I think he slept there allot right up to Nathan's death and possibly after just to make sure he was close to Eva

I think the business part was that Gideon was in one of his sexy-as-h e l l three-piece business suits when he brought Eva coffee in bed ....

But my vote is smokin' hot suit, smokin' hot coffee .... smokin' hot sex while Gideon was still dressed in that suit.

Oh it was soooooo clever. I remember thinking when I first saw snapshot 3, I speculated had something to do with the blueberry flavored coffee account Eva was working at the office. I never envision Full Mogul Mode Gideon serving a very n a k e d Eva coffee in bed.

Gideon bought her coffee wearing his business suit. Yummy!

I think the business part was that Gideon was in one of his sexy-as-h e l l three-piece business suits when he brought Eva coffee in bed ....

But my vote is smokin' hot suit, smokin' hot coffee .... smokin' hot sex while Gideon was still dressed in that suit.

Oh it was soooooo clever. I remember thinking when I first saw snapshot 3, I speculated had something to do with the blueberry flavored coffee account Eva was working at the office. I never envision Full Mogul Mode Gideon serving a very n a k e d Eva coffee in bed.

Yes.. Your so good at detail..!!

Hi Sheens,

I'm sticking to a chapter a day here ;) and I too voted for that. I'm going to try to see if I can help make the experiment work; thus far today, it's held to that thus far.

Fighting ruins the fun for everyone.

It sure does LN,  I love this forum and have met through this some lovely people, please let us all continue with that and get along :D