Entwined - A Chapter A Day Discussion (contains spoilers)

Per group consensus, we're going to kick off the in-depth discussion of Entwined with You starting Friday, June 7 - now the U.S. and U.K releases have happened and everyone's had a shot at reading. We're going to start at 9 a.m. U.S. Eastern Time, which is the time slot the chapter snapshots were released each week.

This one of the two first threads: a group project to dive deep into one chapter per day. Because Chapter 1 was released (bless you, Sylvia) in May, we're starting with Chapter 2.  Getting this thread set ahead of tomorrow.

The other main thread to kick off Friday's festivities is called "SPOLIERS: Entwined with You Discussion" -- for fun going over the story as a whole.

Snapshot for Friday, June 7 (Chapter 2):

chapter-two.jpg

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay it FRIDAY!!!! So happy to chat with you ladies again:)

Godd afternoon from sunny Italy!!! :D

It's 14.10 p.m., and I'm soooo ready to start chatting with you!!!!

I am happy and sad, it's bittersweet, to say that I finished EWY last night.  I took my time and read the book over the last three days.  I am excited to read what every has to say, but I am afraid by the time I leave work and get home that the boards will have blown up and it will take me all weekend to read it all.

I hope everyone has a great Friday and I am excited to hear what everyone though.  Just out of curiosity, I have some questions I would love to ask Sylvia.  Do you know if there is an email address or somewhere we can write her?  I looked on FB and there is no option to Message her. 

Per group consensus, we're going to kick off the in-depth discussion of Entwined with You starting Friday, June 7 - now the U.S. and U.K releases have happened and everyone's had a shot at reading. We're going to start at 9 a.m. U.S. Eastern Time, which is the time slot the chapter snapshots were released each week.

This one of the two first threads: a group project to dive deep into one chapter per day. Because Chapter 1 was released (bless you, Sylvia) in May, we're starting with Chapter 2.  Getting this thread set ahead of tomorrow.

The other main thread to kick off Friday's festivities is called "SPOLIERS: Entwined with You Discussion" -- for fun going over the story as a whole.

Snapshot for Friday, June 7 (Chapter 2):

chapter-two.jpg

Hi LN

I read something about spoilers earlier on, but I can't find it now.

Could you please tell me how I can manage them?

I've never done this thing before!!

Hi LN

I read something about spoilers earlier on, but I can't find it now.

Could you please tell me how I can manage them?

I've never done this thing before!!

A "spoiler" is any sort of detail about some sort of fiction (novel, movie, TV series) that could "spoil the surprise" for someone who hasn't yet read the book, seen the film or show, etc. The ultimate form of spoiler is to "give away the ending." But a lesser form of spoiling is to reveal some sort of plot twist.

It's very much OK to write (or talk about) spoiler information IF clear warning is given beforehand that what someone is about to read (or hear) is a spoiler. It gives someone who hasn't yet read the book and wants to find out for himself/herself what happens to avoid reading (or listening) any further. It gives them a choice to walk away rather than --bam -- get blindsided by some important plot twists.

Labeling the two new threads this morning as "spoilers" gives people still reading the book -- or even have not yet been able to start the book -- fair warning that if they start reading the thread, certain surprises could get "spoiled" for them. It's a way to try to guarantee that posters dive in when they're READY to do so.

As an example, last week before the official release date, some people who managed to get copies early posted stuff on the Internet (like reviews on Goodreads) that talked about some things that happened in the book. People who didn't want to know yet -- wanted to read the actual book instead -- tried to avoid seeing spoilers.  On this forum, some people did manage to get early copies too -- but there was a group consensus that (YAY!!!) people were absolutely excellent about -- we'd hold off on discussing any details about what happened until an agreed upon date -- the day after the U.K. June 6 release.

Some ladies out there are still going through their first reading of the book. So they know to avoid diving into these two threads marked "spoiler" until after they're all done. Meanwhile, people who have finished are safe to start posting here, knowing they're not going to inadvertently blindside someone.

Thoughts on Chapter 2:

As hot as the make-up sex was, it was the let's-talk-about-Gideon's-sex-life that I especially enjoyed. Because even with her clothes off, New Eva was in charge -- and she wanted some answers about Gideon's sexual history.

Old Eva would have let Gideon get away with his not-gonna-go-attempt to deflect her questions. Can't say that I blame him, because of what Old Eva would have immediately done with anything he did confess to her -- she'd pitch an insecurity-fueled fit, they'd end up fighting, and the ever-present danger she'd pulled a runner was there. Old Eva was partly responsible for Gideon avoiding the painful subjext of other women -- her acting out would trigger him to shut down.

New Eva demanded straight answers about Gideon's past sex life: in general, exactly how often had he been getting laid, and specifically had he f***** Deanna. I find it interesting too, that New Eva's gut instinct -- not her raging insecurities - was right about the fact Deanna was one of his past sexual rejects.

Old Eva would have simply assumed the worst: Deanna was brunette and beautiful and so Gideon had to have nailed her. New Eva had immediately recognized Deanna wants to hurt Gideon personally, and so Deanna's motive must be getting even for Gideon having hurt her (Deanna). The motive had to have been the proverbial "one he stuck his d*** in her (Deanna), he was done with her." 

I found it interesting that when they were discussing his f$#k pad that Eva says maybe it's better if she didn't hear any more...but Gideon says "You opened this door, we're walking through it." This is what she wanted-YAY Gideon!

Thats the first sign that things would be different this time with the both of them. That they would actually start talking and Gideon will let her in.

Thoughts on Chapter 2:

As hot as the make-up sex was, it was the let's-talk-about-Gideon's-sex-life that I especially enjoyed. Because even with her clothes off, New Eva was in charge -- and she wanted some answers about Gideon's sexual history.

Old Eva would have let Gideon get away with his not-gonna-go-attempt to deflect her questions. Can't say that I blame him, because of what Old Eva would have immediately done with anything he did confess to her -- she'd pitch an insecurity-fueled fit, they'd end up fighting, and the ever-present danger she'd pulled a runner was there. Old Eva was partly responsible for Gideon avoiding the painful subjext of other women -- her acting out would trigger him to shut down.

New Eva demanded straight answers about Gideon's past sex life: in general, exactly how often had he been getting laid, and specifically had he f***** Deanna. I find it interesting too, that New Eva's gut instinct -- not her raging insecurities - was right about the fact Deanna was one of his past sexual rejects.

Old Eva would have simply assumed the worst: Deanna was brunette and beautiful and so Gideon had to have nailed her. New Eva had immediately recognized Deanna wants to hurt Gideon personally, and so Deanna's motive must be getting even for Gideon having hurt her (Deanna). The motive had to have been the proverbial "one he stuck his d*** in her (Deanna), he was done with her." 

I agree, I enjoyed how you saw immediately a stronger Eva, taking control not taking any Bull from Gideon, I also like the fact that she did not freak out when he mentioned having the appartment next door, I did wonder if she would as like an invasion of her privacy and with the scrutiny that her mother gave her I wondered if she would feel trapped by Gideon in this way but she didn't she handled it well and she was very secure about it.

I felt that Gideon was nervous telling her and she made light of it as her way of dealing with that information and secretly she liked having the hot neighbour.  I also loved how Eva was being devious when Gideon wanted to talk and showing off her best assets when talking about Corrine :)

I think this is a good step forward for these two

I found it interesting that when they were discussing his f$#k pad that Eva says maybe it's better if she didn't hear any more...but Gideon says "You opened this door, we're walking through it." This is what she wanted-YAY Gideon!

I know you just wanted to punch the air here and go Yay Gideon, start talking :)