SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

Per group consensus, we're going to kick off the in-depth discussion of Entwined with You starting Friday, June 7 - now the U.S. and U.K releases have happened and everyone's had a shot at reading.

We're going to get going at 9 a.m. U.S. Eastern Time, which is the time slot the chapter snapshots were released each week. This is one of the two first threads, for fun going over the story as a whole. Getting this thread set ahead of tomorrow.

The other new thread is called "Entwined - A Chapter A Day Discussion (contains spoilers)" for a group project to dive deep into one chapter per day, starting with Chapter 2, using the chapter snapshots as the springboard.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Per group consensus, we're going to kick off the in-depth discussion of Entwined with You starting Friday, June 7 - now the U.S. and U.K releases have happened and everyone's had a shot at reading.

We're going to get going at 9 a.m. U.S. Eastern Time, which is the time slot the chapter snapshots were released each week. This is one of the two first threads, for fun going over the story as a whole. Getting this thread set ahead of tomorrow.

The other new thread is called "Entwined - A Chapter A Day Discussion (contains spoilers)" for a group project to dive deep into one chapter per day, starting with Chapter 2, using the chapter snapshots as the springboard.

Hi LN

I can't wait any longer!!!

I know someone mentioned spoliers earlier on, but I can't find the page now.

I've never done this spoiler thing before.

Could you tell me what I am to do? 

Per the post in the other thread .... you can post her safely knowing that you won't accidentally "spoil the surprise" for someone not yet finished reading the book. Someone won't simply wander in here and "bam" find out about the stuff that happens. They're given fair warning we'll talk about details, so it gives those people a chance to avoid coming into the discussion YET. Gives them a chance to choose whether or not to find out stuff ahead of time.

Dear all, here we are after such a long wait... I hope you enjoyed the book as I did!

Where to start...

Overall I really liked EWY, I loved having more nice time between Eva and Gideon (never enough though for my addiction!), I liked this new, more confident Eva and somehow I felt that Gideon started opening up more. I especially loved that now they fight together against all that is happening in their lives, they don't let anything breaking them up, they really felt like an united front, they clearly want so strongly to move forward together and that is amazing considering where they were coming from.

My favourite of the 3 books so far is still Bared to you, but this come second mainly because there is more Eva and Gideon together while they spent apart most of the time in Reflected.

What I did not like in this book was that there  have been so many new plots that somehow felt too cramped to me considering that the book is not long. I understand that there are two more books coming to develop them and I am very happy about it, but the overall feeling that I had was that they were thrown there, but without the space to develop and sometimes situations felt a bit rushed, which I never felt in the first two books. Just the first example that comes to my mind is the end where Eva meet in a very short time Elizabeth, Magdalene , Deanna and Anne Lucas...

I really hope that the next two books only develop what we have already without any other new things and I especially hope that our couple are just able to enjoy a bit more without always having to worry about something or fixing something else. It felt a bit too many adversities for them to fight. There were already the murder and Gideon's sleeping and family problems that were already enough (and I was really looking forward to reading more about that, but there wasn't much apart finding out who the abuser was) , and then Corinne (I hate her even more now and I really hope Sylvia will get rid of her very quickly because it is unbearable and I would really like not to have to read about her any more) and Brett (why is he still in the picture I don't understand either, just to cause more troubles?). To top it up we have Cary's baby, Deanna, Brett and Eva's video (it felt cramped as well that during the same night Gideon was at the hospital with Corinne (why has he been called?) he also went for a glass of wine with Deanna and then flew to California) , Victor and Monica, Monica's tracking devices, the mystery of Nathan's bracelet (well, I hope at least  that really turns out to be a good thing happened for our couple)...

This is obviously my personal opinion, I loved the book and I am really looking forward to reading the next two ones (hopefully with less waiting time). 

I loved Eva and Gideon even more as they are amazing when they are together and they fight together and not against each other. I obviously loved the sex scenes between them...

I would not like to see more adversities for them. I Hope that in the next two books  we will see a nice wedding, lots of fun and happy time for Eva and Gideon and is it too much to hope for a baby for our couple as well maybe as a surprise at the end of book 5????? OH, I WISH....

Sorry if my post is maybe a little bit confused (I tried to keep it short and to the point) and I am sure I forgot to mention a lot of other things, but I will post again...

Looking forward to reading your comments!

Can i just start of by saying that their wedding was freaking perfect! I personally wouldnt mind eloping but my mom would kill me lol.... also everytime Angus called Eva Mrs. Cross I was grinning and felt all giddy!! Ahhh

Apart from the hiccup. It was freaking awesome. Gotta love him.

Of all the things bothering me it was what the red head said to Eva at the party " she must be good in bed he always fix# ING her " I no it was Ann Lucas bit I hope there's no truth to it.. Also this Deanna chic does any one think there was more between her and G I mean taking her out to a bar to talk made me feel uneasy..

Can i just start of by saying that their wedding was freaking perfect! I personally wouldnt mind eloping but my mom would kill me lol.... also everytime Angus called Eva Mrs. Cross I was grinning and felt all giddy!! Ahhh

I love it that Angus was there .

He really has been a surrogate father to Gideon .

Love it too when Angus calls Eva Mrs Cross :)

Can't wait or book 4 cause that will have New York Wedding too

Of all the things bothering me it was what the red head said to Eva at the party " she must be good in bed he always fix# ING her " I no it was Ann Lucas bit I hope there's no truth to it.. Also this Deanna chic does any one think there was more between her and G I mean taking her out to a bar to talk made me feel uneasy..

I don't feel uncomfortable about Gideon taking Deanna for a drink. I understood why it was done, but obviously with her behavior at the gala, she is going to do her best to get back into Mr. Cross' bed.

As far as Anne goes I took the info as her trying to play on Eva's insecurities. Gideon would have no reason to lie about his past relationship with Deanna.

I love it that Angus was there .

He really has been a surrogate father to Gideon .

Love it too when Angus calls Eva Mrs Cross :)

Can't wait or book 4 cause that will have New York Wedding too

When I finished reading I noticed we didn't find out why Gideon trusts Angus so much which I was hoping we would find out in this book.

I really enjoyed the wedding as well. I thought the beach theme was perfect for them. BTW, does anyone think that maybe Anne Lucas could have been Corrine's doctor. What if she gave her the wrong medicine which caused her to go off the rails!!! I really need her to go back to France for good. She was too much!!

Hi Paulatim!

I think the reason Brett is still in the picture is subconsciously, Eva is punishing Gideon for Corrine.

When Corrine had come back, she clearly was in love with Gideon and had an agenda -- getting back together with him. But Gideon thought (idiot!) is was possible for him to simply stay friends. Eva told Gideon, the night she met Corrine, that Gideon needed to nip Corrine's hopes in the bud and start weaning Corrine off, because it wasn't appropriate for Corrine to be involved with Gideon under the circumstances.

So what's Eva doing now -- idiot herself right now? Trying to prove she can be "just friends" with an ex (Brett) who clearly is in love with her and clearly has an agenda to get her back. Simply having contact with Brett is sending the poor guy mixed messages -- the exact same thing Gideon was guilty of with Corrine.

And what's the deal with taking Brett to Tableau One for dinner? That part of the story infuriated me, because it clearly was "payback time" for Gideon's first "date" with the Corrine weeks before.

I say "infuriate" in a good way -- I thought it was an excellent plot twist. The characters are supposed to make me feel different emotions, including anger. And there were so many different psychological levels going on. Sylvia did an outstanding job, I think, by keeping Brett in the story.

It kind of annoyed me in BTY that even though they broke up Eva still went to his parent's house for the record party. Even though it was for Cary's career.

NOW-I'm put off that she got the engagement ring that used to belong to Elizabeth. I get that Gideon remembers happy times with the three of them when he was very young. And maybe the ring is special to him. Elizabeth is so toxic-I don't think I'd want it on my finger.

ughh..Deanna.. she needs to be shipped off on the same box as Corrine! Lol at the end you could clearly tell she still felt something for Gideon so she's going to be a problem.

Denna Anne Lucas and Corrine all in the same box shipped far far away with no return

And maybe Elizabeth Vidal will have to join them!