SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

I think the Megumi storyline is playing itself out badly the way Gideon and Eva ought to have progressed badly but for the fact in their case, great love was involved.

Here are some parallels:

Michael took Megumi to his parents' place in the Hamptons for the weekend. This is treating Megumi with a great deal of society respect, just like Gideon did when he took Eva out in public.

Things turned rocky soon though, with Michael running hot and cold. Similar to Gideon and his headtrips and that 4-day "break" from Eva over his nightmares.

Michael pulls the commitment-phobe move of refusing to contact Megumi for days. Who, Gideon, cut off contact with Eva? Um, yeah.

Megumi engages in a form of mercy sex and revenge by having a nooner with Michael and immediately dumping him. Parallels to Eva struggling with acting out to hurt Gideon, hating herself for acting out (like with Brett) but doing it anyway, because Gideon has her head spinning.

Things go really bad at the end with Michael, and Megumi is so devastated she can't get out of bed. (Because I think that's what's really "wrong" -- she's so depressed she can't function.) This is a sharp contrast to Eva, who did manage to get out of bed every day and go to work -- go to work at the Crossfire no less, an extremely emotionally-charged place. A lesser woman would have immediately quit her job and stayed in bed around the clock for days, but not New Eva.

Hmmm very interesting.

Hopefully if this is the case Eva will pull her round. They have a good friendship blooming, which Eva needs.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I wrote Megumi storyline playing out badly, I meant the relationship was going badly in the figurative sense, not the storyline being bad. The storyline -- the plot -- was really good, I think.

I actually enjoyed Megumi as a character being further developed -- Eva getting close with a new friend. There's been a small but wee bit vocal minority out there thinking Megumi got too much space in the story -- but not me. I saw as very important to the story that Megumi was in a bad relationship and was struggling very hard -- because that's pretty much what the case had been with Eva until very recently. As much as Eva loved Gideon and vice versa, their relationship had been seriously dysfunctional and Eva was suffering deeply.

When I wrote Megumi storyline playing out badly, I meant the relationship was going badly in the figurative sense, not the storyline being bad. The storyline -- the plot -- was really good, I think.

I actually enjoyed Megumi as a character being further developed -- Eva getting close with a new friend. There's been a small but wee bit vocal minority out there thinking Megumi got too much space in the story -- but not me. I saw as very important to the story that Megumi was in a bad relationship and was struggling very hard -- because that's pretty much what the case had been with Eva until very recently. As much as Eva loved Gideon and vice versa, their relationship had been seriously dysfunctional and Eva was suffering deeply.

I got that. I'm pleased Eva has girl mates too. Including Lacey, and Shawna. That's what makes the book so good, it's not just Gideon and Eva, there's all those little threads too.

Christopher Jr. most definitely knows about the sex tape, I think. But I see Christopher trying to hold onto possession of the tape as a means attempt to control Gideon -- to counterbalance the fact Gideon holds control of Vidal Records. Christopher would hold control of Gideon's wife's reputation.

Very dangerous game to play, Christopher. You've no idea that Gideon is capable of anything to protect Eva. Not to say that Gideon would kill his brother -- but I definitely think Gideon would be willing to figuratively destroy Christopher if that's what it took to stop Christopher from harming Eva.

Good point.  Maybe that is how Gideon and him mom get back on good terms.  Maybe Elizabeth will fight for Gideon against Christopher and help Gideon get the tape. 

Christopher Jr. most definitely knows about the sex tape, I think. But I see Christopher trying to hold onto possession of the tape as a means attempt to control Gideon -- to counterbalance the fact Gideon holds control of Vidal Records. Christopher would hold control of Gideon's wife's reputation.

Very dangerous game to play, Christopher. You've no idea that Gideon is capable of anything to protect Eva. Not to say that Gideon would kill his brother -- but I definitely think Gideon would be willing to figuratively destroy Christopher if that's what it took to stop Christopher from harming Eva.

Hadnt thought of that.

That would be one dangerous road to tread. Head to head brothers! Eva will be devastated.

Good point.  Maybe that is how Gideon and him mom get back on good terms.  Maybe Elizabeth will fight for Gideon against Christopher and help Gideon get the tape.

It was interesting how Gideon got his mum to sell him Ireland's share of Vidal records

I like the fact that Sylvia is developing the support characters.  I think it makes the story more realistic.  Let's face it in real life there is always so much going on around us that we have to learn to deal with it all. 

I think that Eva sees some of herself in Megumi and can help her.  That said, I just think Michael came back and knocked her around. 

Ok..so glad we can discuss!!

(This is going to be long, sorry)

I've gotta say that I did love the book, even though it really really annoyed me quiet a few times. Why the added drama?! Why?? :(

Ok, let’s start lol;

Love that Gideon is living next door…I think maybe that’s another reason why he didn’t contact her that whole week or  so that they were apart, he knew what she was doing…I wonder if he saw her leave the apt after her makeover as ‘New Eva’. Lucky for her he was at his other apt when she came by after Graves talked to her!

Love that Gideon had already told Corinne no more when Eva told him to stop seeing her. Loved even more when Eva told him about the two times she tired to make her believe that they were sleeping together, that it solidified for Gideon that he was cutting her off completely. Hooray…love that! Love how Gideon just wants to be w/ Eva…worship her…make her happy any way he can. Any thing she wants, he will give it to her. Buying her the new watch was so sweet (a REALLY nice one too!) to make up for her pain-in-the-a$$ mom and the fact that she ruined a sentimental gift w/ the Rolex.

The night club scene…yes…hot!!! J I like to see Eva hanging out w/ girlfriends and making new ones. Gideon taking care of her the next morning…so sweet.

Deanna??? WTF? Why is she everywhere?! Can’t Eva keep her from coming even into the lobby?? And why was Gideon letting her touch him at the fundraiser? Her hand on his arm? Didn’t want to be rude and ###### her off even more maybe? Seriously? How does she know about the tape? Brett’s got to know about it. Probably for a while. Why does Eva need more drama like that. More things for Gideon to take care of.

Speaking of rude…Really Eva w/ the inviting Brett back to your place? Really? And look who was in the lobby! It was one thing to go to the video event, at least she took Cary and Gideon and Ireland were there (Love Ireland!), but then going up w/ Brett to watch it, then watch it and see how horrible it is, then speak to the host, then take him to dinner still!! Really?? Ughh…that annoyed me. And then later in the book she texts him a smiley face. Way to not send mixed signals Eva! L Sorry, the whole Brett thing bothers me. And it’s not Brett I’m annoyed w/.

I like the Russian mob bit. That’s great…if it’s someone helping Gideon. I too thought of Angus immediately….but, yes, I think it may be Clancy. I’m good w/ that. Maybe Angus and Clancy together. I liked that we got to find out that someone was looking after Cary too…so maybe Clancy didn’t get to him on time, but scared Nathan away before he killed him? I’m assuming then that Monica did know for sure that is was Nathan who hurt Cary.

Corinne…really?? Again, Gideon was letting her touch him, then she tries to kiss him…glad that didn’t happen. I’d hate to think she didn’t know she was pregnant. It is possible though. Do you really think Anne could be her pshyc? Wouldn’t Gideon have seen the Dr. name on the RX bottle? That would be really messed up if it were. I think it’s time for that whole doctor family to do down. Malpractice all over the place!

Anne creeped me out too. What’s w/ her telling Eva about Deanna like she did? Did she know that was Eva? Where was Lucas? What the heck, she just to happen to pick Cary to mess around w/? Ughh…too many questions.

I like Magdalena…I’m glad she’ll be a friend to them. An ally for Eva hopefully.

Who’d I miss?

Oh! Victor and Monica! Oh jeez! I was so looking forward to their battle! I really wanted him to go off on her. I wanted to cry when he called Eva after he found out and then when she saw him. Aww…daddy and his little girl L. I felt like there should have been more w/ that, no? I can see how Victor and Monica slept together, they both have feelings still. Ugh. Awkward for Eva! I’m glad Gideon asked Victor (like I’ve been saying!) for Eva’s hand. So happy about that J OH, and Graves asking Eva what Victor thought about them. Had they been in contact (Victor and Graves)?

I thought it was funny Graves and Eva in Krav Maga.

I like that it didn’t take too long for them to come out together.

I’m on the fence about the ring. I can see the sentimental value in it, but Gideon doesn’t like his mom…so…Idk how id’ feel looking at it everyday, knowing the person who it originally belonged to hurt him so badly. I would’ve thought he’d design his own.  I am a bit surprised by how mean Elizabeth was.

I loved the wedding and the pre-nup. I think there was a scene in the book when Eva heard Gideon on the phone…I forgot when, but I think he was on w/ his lawyers putting it together J Do women really get money for having kids? Lol.

I feel bad for Cary. I hope it’s not really his baby, but he’ll have  a while to find that out (if she really is preg).

Ok..this is really long. Sorry. Just put it all out in one shot. J

I just wanted to say that I agree with everything you said. My thoughts EXACTLY!!!!

One other thing: what's up with Megumi?

Hello from another newbie!!

I too waited ages to get my account approved, I've been so impatient to get posting!!

Ok so here's my 2 cents worth!!

First off I loved the book, I love how far they seem to have come as a couple and that it's now them against everyone else rather than the other way about.

I liked how Eva realised how much Gideon and to do to make they break up realistic and that it put so many things into perspective for her but I also thought it was incredibly sweet that Gideon told her she had a right to be angry and hurt still over the break up (even although it was fake) and that they had to work through it.

The Brett thing is distressing me, she's sub consciously allowing herself to send mixed signals!!

Loved the whole proposal and wedding!!

Loved the sex!! Mmmmmm :)

Don't believe for a min corrine didn't kno she was pregnant and I'm also very suspicious of her hubby.

Megumi thing is strange too, there's defo something in it and I'm suspicious of her interest in Eva and gideon's relationship!!

Hate gideon's mum, she needs to admit how wrong she's been and how much damage she's done!!

The Cary baby thing is too suspicious for me too!!

Defo think that Clancy has something to do with the bracelet!

Oh and was totally disappointed about victor and Monica!!

Oh and did I mention I loved the sex?! ;)

Roll on the next book, I'm desperate already!!!

I too waited ages to get my account approved, I've been so impatient to get posting!!

First off I loved the book, I love how far they seem to have come as a couple and that it's now them against everyone else rather than the other way about.

I liked how Eva realised how much Gideon and to do to make they break up realistic and that it put so many things into perspective for her but I also thought it was incredibly sweet that Gideon told her she had a right to be angry and hurt still over the break up (even although it was fake) and that they had to work through it.

The Brett thing is distressing me, she's sub consciously allowing herself to send mixed signals!!

Don't believe for a min corrine didn't kno she was pregnant and I'm also very suspicious of her hubby.

Megumi thing is strange too, there's defo something in it and I'm suspicious of her interest in Eva and gideon's relationship!!

Hate gideon's mum, she needs to admit how wrong she's been and how much damage she's done!!

OK-don't hate me, but was anyone else disappointed that there weren't any Eva/Corinne face offs? I was really looking forward to Eva smacking (not literally) Corinne. Anyone else?

Yeah-but seeing that she's in the hospital at the end of the book maybe we'll get our claws in her in #4.

OK-don't hate me, but was anyone else disappointed that there weren't any Eva/Corinne face offs? I was really looking forward to Eva smacking (not literally) Corinne. Anyone else?

I was hoping that Eva might have had a bit of a showdown with the cowbag. She needed putting in her place.