SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello from another newbie!!

I too waited ages to get my account approved, I've been so impatient to get posting!!

Ok so here's my 2 cents worth!!

First off I loved the book, I love how far they seem to have come as a couple and that it's now them against everyone else rather than the other way about.

I liked how Eva realised how much Gideon and to do to make they break up realistic and that it put so many things into perspective for her but I also thought it was incredibly sweet that Gideon told her she had a right to be angry and hurt still over the break up (even although it was fake) and that they had to work through it.

The Brett thing is distressing me, she's sub consciously allowing herself to send mixed signals!!

Loved the whole proposal and wedding!!

Loved the sex!! Mmmmmm :)

Don't believe for a min corrine didn't kno she was pregnant and I'm also very suspicious of her hubby.

Megumi thing is strange too, there's defo something in it and I'm suspicious of her interest in Eva and gideon's relationship!!

Hate gideon's mum, she needs to admit how wrong she's been and how much damage she's done!!

The Cary baby thing is too suspicious for me too!!

Defo think that Clancy has something to do with the bracelet!

Oh and was totally disappointed about victor and Monica!!

Oh and did I mention I loved the sex?! ;)

Roll on the next book, I'm desperate already!!!

I was VERY disappointed that Victor had sex with Monica almost as much as Eva was!!!

With the whole Brett / Eva situation... I think we need to remember that PUBLICALLY that night in Times Sq was supposed to be the first time Gideon and Eva had spoken since their break up 3weeks earlier. Eva did tell Brett that she was in love with Gideon, she also deflected all of his attempts to kiss her (as best she could) but she couldn't come out and make declarations about how serious Gideon and her were as they were only just talking again.

I do agree however, that there was no reason to bring Brett up to her apartment. Why couldn't she say good night in the car?

I think when she goes to SD she will meet up with Brett, but I think she will do so mainly to tell him about the video situation. I think if he makes a move this time she will make it quite clear that she is engaged/married and he better back off.

Someone said they thought Brett might use the video to blackmail Eva into sleeping with him. I don't see how that would work as Gideon knows about the video. Eva can't fear Gideon finding out about it - he was the one who told her about it!!

I know he felt all kinds of guilty but I just wanted to smack Gideon for rushing to the hospital. I'm also glad he at least let Eva go with him, even though he made Angus take her out.

Yes I'm really not sure that was his place to be there but really what was Elizabeth Vidal doing there? I actually felt bad for Eva the whole time I bet she felt so awkward

With the whole Brett / Eva situation... I think we need to remember that PUBLICALLY that night in Times Sq was supposed to be the first time Gideon and Eva had spoken since their break up 3weeks earlier. Eva did tell Brett that she was in love with Gideon, she also deflected all of his attempts to kiss her (as best she could) but she couldn't come out and make declarations about how serious Gideon and her were as they were only just talking again.

I do agree however, that there was no reason to bring Brett up to her apartment. Why couldn't she say good night in the car?

I think when she goes to SD she will meet up with Brett, but I think she will do so mainly to tell him about the video situation. I think if he makes a move this time she will make it quite clear that she is engaged/married and he better back off.

Someone said they thought Brett might use the video to blackmail Eva into sleeping with him. I don't see how that would work as Gideon knows about the video. Eva can't fear Gideon finding out about it - he was the one who told her about it!!

I like your point of view!!!

That was me.

She is just afraid of him seeing the video. She made him promise not to watch it. She knew herself what watching it would do to him. I'm way off base. But this sex tape is going to blow up big time I'm sure. :(

I just wanted to say that I agree with everything you said. My thoughts EXACTLY!!!!

One other thing: what's up with Megumi?

I must agree that the whole appearance of Anne Lucas at the fundraiser totally creeps me out she seems like such a diabolical woman somewhat of a Hannibal Lechter character sans the cannibalistic tendencies? What if she prescribed Corinne the wrong type of antidepressant on purpose or even a maximum dose of it so she would go over the edge- she is yet another possible recipient of Eva's Krav Maga skills and as much as Eva would like to give Corinne a taste of her skills I think her husband Jean Francois Giroux is definitely on the list too!!

Good point.  Maybe that is how Gideon and him mom get back on good terms.  Maybe Elizabeth will fight for Gideon against Christopher and help Gideon get the tape.

Gideon would never stand for Christopher Jr doing something like that to Eva that would be the biggest mistake of his life - he would be out of the family and Vidal records in less than a minute!!

I must agree that the whole appearance of Anne Lucas at the fundraiser totally creeps me out she seems like such a diabolical woman somewhat of a Hannibal Lechter character sans the cannibalistic tendencies? What if she prescribed Corinne the wrong type of antidepressant on purpose or even a maximum dose of it so she would go over the edge- she is yet another possible recipient of Eva's Krav Maga skills and as much as Eva would like to give Corinne a taste of her skills I think her husband Jean Francois Giroux is definitely on the list too!!

Did she realise it was Eva she slandered Gideon to? Or just took a potshot at anyone who would listen. She is pure evil. She put herself about in the first place! When Gideon realised who she was he exploited it to hurt Lucas. Her brother did the right thing. How many other children did he hurt?

I don't know! I think maybe she just noticed her staring at them...but ...i'm sure she did. how could she miss them together all night. She's really creeping me out tho.

Did she realise it was Eva she slandered Gideon to? Or just took a potshot at anyone who would listen. She is pure evil. She put herself about in the first place! When Gideon realised who she was he exploited it to hurt Lucas. Her brother did the right thing. How many other children did he hurt?

Hmm...I wonder...Maybe they were in a shouting match and one thing led to another. I'm sure it wasn't all Victor...it was obvious to Eva last time they were together that was still an attraction. I'm sad it happened though, b/c nothing is going to come of it but guilt. Why did Monica need new clothes!??! Lol...were hers ripped off? Hehehe

Do you think Monica had sex to placate Victor? Or to play on his quilt?

He was angry and devastated. She is good at turning on the womanly wiles!

I just wanted to say that I agree with everything you said. My thoughts EXACTLY!!!!

One other thing: what's up with Megumi?

Thanks Gayle! I wrote so much lol. Oh right! Megumi! Hmm...idk what to think about that. A part of me is suspicious since she never got back to Eva, but was able to call in sick...and another part just thinks it's nothing. It's just showing how Eva is caring and wanting to be a good friend.

Go for it, so much choices...hmmmm

I like it too! Gideons ring?

Oh...someone mentioned Giroux before too...I don't think he's a problem really. I'm sure it's hard that his wife left him, for no reason really now. I'd be angry too if her family called her ex fiance to the hospital! Really? Why would they call Gideon...i wonder if it was his mom or Corinnes., I too am glad Eva went w/ him at least. She better have!

I wonder how many people have seen the sex tape. If was the point of reference for the video (gag..ugh)...then ...y'know? I'm sure Bret knows about it.

Is anyone else worried that whoever helped Gideon by setting up the Russian guy will blackmail him with... stay away from Eva or I'll out you.  I have a bad feeling about that whole thing...

No..! I don't think SD would ruin the series like that..!! The point is to get them to a HEA..!

I think something's definitely wrong for Megumi. At least twice Eva tries and fails to get hold of her. When Eva asks her roommate, Lacy, it turns out she is out of town, so isn't available to check on her. There's a problem here.

I think Eva chose Tableau One because she knew Gideon would be aware of everything that went on there. Did she have another agenda subconsciously? Possibly, but remember that she wanted Arnoldo to like her. She said so to Gideon after the concert.

Just because Gideon knows about the video doesn't mean Brett won't try to use it to blackmail Eva while she's in SD,!!

wondering when Gideon's abuse ended.  He was around ten when the shrinks were called to the house.  Did it end when an investigation/examination was done by Terry Lucas.  Was Anne, Elizabeth's shrink and Hugh the doctoral student?  this was confusing

agree  Eva should stay away from Bret even if she just wants to be friends;  Remember she freaks when Gideon says he is only friends with Corrine.  Looks like the pot and the kettle are both black.  Especially when Bret speaks sexually to her about how it will feel when he is inside again.  Taking him to the apartment was WRONG, what would she do if Gideon had taken Corrine/ Deanna to their apartment or his penthouse.

Was dissappointed with Monica and Victor.  Yes, why did they go back to Eva's apartment not a hotel, and why did she need a change of clothes.

so many topics, will post again

Does anyone think something might happen between Eva and Brett in SD ..I say this because every time Eva talked about Brett she always said how Sexy he was but not like G. So why not cut him loose ..she has a man who did the ultimate for her, in This book I was annoyed with Eva I don't think shevknows what she really has.. that said I no Sylvia did say they would have their HEA..Also Deanna is TROUBLE maybe she's related to Ann Lucas. I said it before I was really bothered by that comment the redhead.. And Gideon taking off to California without even texting could that mean anything??

I really don't think anything will happen between them. That would be something that Eva and Gideon couldn't get past!

OK-don't hate me, but was anyone else disappointed that there weren't any Eva/Corinne face offs? I was really looking forward to Eva smacking (not literally) Corinne. Anyone else?

MEEEE!

I would have liked a "quiet" confrontation between them,  like they did outside Corinne's apartment door, with Eva showing off her engagement ring. HA! serves her right!!

Has anyone seen the actual ring? It's gorgeous!!!