SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

If she does it will crucify Gideon. They will have only been married a week.

To be honest i can't see the story going there. We would never forgive Eva and neither would Gideon. It would ruin everything and i can't see how they would be able to have a HEA. I think she has given him mixed signals but i think she will do the right thing because even if she's attracted to Brett, Gideon is her soul mate.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MEEEE!

I would have liked a "quiet" confrontation between them,  like they did outside Corinne's apartment door, with Eva showing off her engagement ring. HA! serves her right!!

Has anyone seen the actual ring? It's gorgeous!!!

Hello my favourite little Italian. HAd a good day?

When did you see Eva's ring. Only Angus was at the wedding? Lol

Sneaky peeks eh!

To be honest i can't see the story going there. We would never forgive Eva and neither would Gideon. It would ruin everything and i can't see how they would be able to have a HEA. I think she has given him mixed signals but i think she will do the right thing because even if she's attracted to Brett, Gideon is her soul mate.

Exactly.

I love how Gideon has started communicating better, now that they have more sexy time, alone from the world time. He has matured emotionally, having to, or risk losing Eva. He has learnt to trust her, his new Eva. They are a team now. Mind you though, I still find his nightmares worrying. He is struggling still with the ramifications of his actions.

I got that. I'm pleased Eva has girl mates too. Including Lacey, and Shawna. That's what makes the book so good, it's not just Gideon and Eva, there's all those little threads too.

One of the things Eva has been doing now is something Dr. Petersen had recommended all those weeks earlier -- that she (and Gideon) spend more time with other people and less time alone with one another. Plus, the pair of them have spent some platonic quality time together (when she's had her period). They most definitely are sleeping in separate beds.

If Petersen really had his way, they'd still be abstinent and unmarried, but hey -- progress is being made.

OK-don't hate me, but was anyone else disappointed that there weren't any Eva/Corinne face offs? I was really looking forward to Eva smacking (not literally) Corinne. Anyone else?

I did get some satisfaction out of the quasi face off in the lobby -- Corrine having effectively forced Gideon to see her at the Crossfire only to have his attention ripped away by lovely Eva standing there all pretty in a yellow dress, the sun shining behind her, Gideon staring straight at her. Corrine sees Eva there and attempts to pull a stunt by kissing Gideon hard -- only to have her (Corrine's) stunt forcibly stopped by Gideon himself. And judging by how quickly Gideon commandeered the elevators, he disentangled himself from Corrine's clutches immediately after her stunt.

Do you think Monica had sex to placate Victor? Or to play on his quilt?

He was angry and devastated. She is good at turning on the womanly wiles!

Monica cries her way out of trouble with Eva, and I think Monica screwed her way out of trouble with Victor.

Very, very, VERY disappointed in Monica.

I did get some satisfaction out of the quasi face off in the lobby -- Corrine having effectively forced Gideon to see her at the Crossfire only to have his attention ripped away by lovely Eva standing there all pretty in a yellow dress, the sun shining behind her, Gideon staring straight at her. Corrine sees Eva there and attempts to pull a stunt by kissing Gideon hard -- only to have her (Corrine's) stunt forcibly stopped by Gideon himself. And judging by how quickly Gideon commandeered the elevators, he disentangled himself from Corrine's clutches immediately after her stunt.

I did wonder how he did that with the elevator. This guys control freakery knows no bounds!

Oh I was wanting to say one of the two things that P I S S E D me off with Eva is

She (as Gideon would say) opened the door to the idea of marriage.. " leave you.? I'm going to marry you" and then when Gideon wanted it she backed into a corner like a child on punishment..!

I still don't see how Brett could use the sex tape to blackmail Eva?! Gideon already knows about it so threatening to tell him would be unsuccessful. As would threatening to release it as Gideon has a team working 24/7 to prevent it being released on any file-sharing sites.

Also, I just don't think Brett is that kinda guy. If we look at all of their interactions from his point of view, all he is guilty of is not believing Eva when she says that she is in love with Gideon.

The first time they ran into each other - Eva kissed him back - in front of Gideon.

A few days later - she took him to lunch when he showed up at her work unannounced. Yes she said she was in love with Gideon but she also told him how much she had wanted to go out with him 4 years ago. And when he asked how serious things were wih Gideon she was vague - "sometimes it seems that way." (Or something like that)

A few weeks later - Brett has seen the media storm surrounding Gideon & Corinne and now believes Eva to be single. When he calls and asks her out she says yes.

A few days before the Times Sq event - she agrees to dinner after the video launch, alone even though she's bringing Cary to the event. Brett probably takes this as a sign that she feels something for him and doesn't trust herself to be alone with him. A positive sign in his plan to get Eva back.

At the Times Sq event - (baring in mind that as far as anyone knows this is the first time Gideon & Eva have spoken in weeks) He sees that Gideon wants a second chance and tells Eva he deserves one too. She tells him she loves Gideon, but he's heard that before and look what happened last time - Gideon dumped her days later. Also Gideon disappears well before the end of the event. Brett may think he's already won (maybe the Golden video drove him away?) He assumes the reason Eva is quiet over dinner is that she is mad about the video. Which she is but she's also worried about Gideon. She agrees to see him again in a couple of weeks time in SD.

Brett, I think is actually a decent guy, who hasnt done anything except chase a beautiful ex who may or may not be involved with someone else. Eva is sending him mixed signals (initially to make Gideon jealous and then because she can't explain just how serious she and Gideon are because the whole world have to believe that they were broken up for 3+ weeks.)

I believe once he finds out about her engagement/marriage he will realise he is too late, she has made her choice and it isnt him and back off.

I still don't see how Brett could use the sex tape to blackmail Eva?! Gideon already knows about it so threatening to tell him would be unsuccessful. As would threatening to release it as Gideon has a team working 24/7 to prevent it being released on any file-sharing sites.

Also, I just don't think Brett is that kinda guy. If we look at all of their interactions from his point of view, all he is guilty of is not believing Eva when she says that she is in love with Gideon.

The first time they ran into each other - Eva kissed him back - in front of Gideon.

A few days later - she took him to lunch when he showed up at her work unannounced. Yes she said she was in love with Gideon but she also told him how much she had wanted to go out with him 4 years ago. And when he asked how serious things were wih Gideon she was vague - "sometimes it seems that way." (Or something like that)

A few weeks later - Brett has seen the media storm surrounding Gideon & Corinne and now believes Eva to be single. When he calls and asks her out she says yes.

A few days before the Times Sq event - she agrees to dinner after the video launch, alone even though she's bringing Cary to the event. Brett probably takes this as a sign that she feels something for him and doesn't trust herself to be alone with him. A positive sign in his plan to get Eva back.

At the Times Sq event - (baring in mind that as far as anyone knows this is the first time Gideon & Eva have spoken in weeks) He sees that Gideon wants a second chance and tells Eva he deserves one too. She tells him she loves Gideon, but he's heard that before and look what happened last time - Gideon dumped her days later. Also Gideon disappears well before the end of the event. Brett may think he's already won (maybe the Golden video drove him away?) He assumes the reason Eva is quiet over dinner is that she is mad about the video. Which she is but she's also worried about Gideon. She agrees to see him again in a couple of weeks time in SD.

Brett, I think is actually a decent guy, who hasnt done anything except chase a beautiful ex who may or may not be involved with someone else. Eva is sending him mixed signals (initially to make Gideon jealous and then because she can't explain just how serious she and Gideon are because the whole world have to believe that they were broken up for 3+ weeks.)

I believe once he finds out about her engagement/marriage he will realise he is too late, she has made her choice and it isnt him and back off.

I agree, i think Brett will back off and respect her engagement once he knows. I don't think he's a bad guy.

When she kissed Brett, her subconscious drive for doing so had been to hurt Gideon for making her feel insecure and jealous of Corrine -- his determination to stay on friendly terms with Corrine despite the fact Corrine obviously had an agenda.

Then Gideon cruelly gave Eva extreme reason to be insecure and jealous of Corrine -- in front of the whole world, he started dating Corrine again, and when Eva accused him (during the break-up phone call) of having already resumed sleeping with Corrine again, he didn't deny it.

Even though Eva now knows the real story behind what happened, and she has gotten stronger in her faith that Gideon truly does love her -- she is NOT past her hurt over Corrine. And so she's subconsciously hurting Gideon in return.

I think she's going to figure this out though when she finally wakes up and smells the coffee that she's hurting Brett and Gideon both.

I have this little scene in my head from Brett & Eva's first meeting in Book 4 where Brett leans in to kiss her hello and she stops him by putting her left hand up to cover his mouth. He sees her ring and exclaims "You're engaged!" To which she replies, "Actually, I'm married."

Eva needs to remember that a part of the promises made when getting married is to "forsake all others." Meaning she needs to forever slam shut the Brett door. She can't be "friends" with someone for whom she still feels real sexual attraction and who is actively wooing her.

I have this little scene in my head from Brett & Eva's first meeting in Book 4 where Brett leans in to kiss her hello and she stops him by putting her left hand up to cover his mouth. He sees her ring and exclaims "You're engaged!" To which she replies, "Actually, I'm married."

For her sake I hope that happens..!!

I hope he hears from reporters trying to reach him for reaction to the news Gideon Cross is engaged to "Golden" and he decides to avoid seeing Eva in San Diego. Yes, they are going to need to talk about the existence of the sex tape, something that can hurt them both. But it would be better if they avoid going near one another for several reasons -- one of which is the existence of the tape. Eva herself pointed out to Gideon that Crisis Management 101 involves distancing one's self from the source of controversy. They can talk about the sex tape on the phone.

I hope he hears from reporters trying to reach him for reaction to the news Gideon Cross is engaged to "Golden" and he decides to avoid seeing Eva in San Diego. Yes, they are going to need to talk about the existence of the sex tape, something that can hurt them both. But it would be better if they avoid going near one another for several reasons -- one of which is the existence of the tape. Eva herself pointed out to Gideon that Crisis Management 101 involves distancing one's self from the source of controversy. They can talk about the sex tape on the phone.

He's going to want to see her to ask if its true or not if he gets wind of an engagement or marriage, And Eva is going to want see him face to face to ask if he knew anything about the tape..! That's why she meant to tell Gideon ( not that he probably didn't already know) that Brett has a stop SD that same weekend. Giving him a warning that she would see him.!

I do however think Gideon won't send her alone..! ( so to speak)

He's going to want to see her to ask if its true or not if he gets wind of an engagement or marriage, And Eva is going to want see him face to face to ask if he knew anything about the tape..! That's why she meant to tell Gideon ( not that he probably didn't already know) that Brett has a stop SD that same weekend. Giving him a warning that she would see him.!

I do however think Gideon won't send her alone..! ( so to speak)

I think a little scot will be going with her! Angus rules!

As silly as this sounds I want to say how PROUD I am of Gideon.  That man has changed for the better and really made himself into a man who not only is capable of accepting but also giving love, a man that has proven that is his word is solid and that he truly whole heartedly cares about Eva.  At the beginining of the book it still frustrated me that everytime Eva said "I love you," which in my opinion she said a lot, he never said it back.  Yes, I know how he feels about the phrase, but his response was something similar, most of the time to "I know" and that irked me.  However the way he really opened to her, turned his back on Corinne and changed make me so proud of him.

With that said I was really disappointed in Monica and Victor, I know that most everyone here loves the, but I have a real problem with cheating and I hate that Monica cheated with Victor.  I also think that their cheating was important for Eva to see before she got married, so she could see the pain caused by their actions.

As silly as this sounds I want to say how PROUD I am of Gideon.  That man has changed for the better and really made himself into a man who not only is capable of accepting but also giving love, a man that has proven that is his word is solid and that he truly whole heartedly cares about Eva.  At the beginining of the book it still frustrated me that everytime Eva said "I love you," which in my opinion she said a lot, he never said it back.  Yes, I know how he feels about the phrase, but his response was something similar, most of the time to "I know" and that irked me.  However the way he really opened to her, turned his back on Corinne and changed make me so proud of him.

With that said I was really disappointed in Monica and Victor, I know that most everyone here loves the, but I have a real problem with cheating and I hate that Monica cheated with Victor.  I also think that their cheating was important for Eva to see before she got married, so she could see the pain caused by their actions.

I totally agree with you. He grew up emotionally, started to open up, as communicating was a problem for him. Before he used his body to communicate now its so good to hear them talking and being honest with each other. Learning together