SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

She said before the end of the year.  I vote to move the end of the year to Sept.

HI Sharon~

I just want to say thank you for sharing all your information with us! I really enjoyed reading all your posts. You are so lucky to have been able to get to meet Sylvia and ask her questions.  Thank you again for asking her questions and sharing her answers with us. ~ Shannon

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am currently listening to Entwined With You for the second time and am in the middle of Chapter 18th. There are a couple things that came to me so I wrote them down as I have been listening. I will try to group those that can be together, but to make it simpler for responses I will try to separate them too.

When did Cary become so non-observant/clueless.

- He doesn't notice that Eva now has two cell phones and that the one she has been using in front of him is a burner phone. Cary typically notices everything and since we know that Eva has either an iphone or another smart phone, her burner could not be the same as the her personal phone.

- He knows she is no longer wearing the Rolex that her Mom and Stanton bought her and yet he fails to notice that she is now wearing her new watch. He is smart enough to know that the only person that could have possibly purchased a new phone watch like that for is Gideon and yet he doesn't even notice her new watch let alone how spendy it is.

A burner phone can be the same a your regular phone, for instance I have an iPhone 5 with sprint, I could kill my contract with them and go to Walmart and pay 699$ for the same phone only I'd have to,buy a chip to go in it, I could have the Same phone with a different number and no one question it by just looking at the phone..!

As far as the watch I think Cary knew like he said "I knew it was cross because no one can bang all night long like him" maybe not in those words..!! But I'm sure he put 2+2 together especially after Mommyca told him what Eva said about moving in with Gideon.!

A burner phone can be the same a your regular phone, for instance I have an iPhone 5 with sprint, I could kill my contract with them and go to Walmart and pay 699$ for the same phone only I'd have to,buy a chip to go in it, I could have the Same phone with a different number and no one question it by just looking at the phone..!

As far as the watch I think Cary knew like he said "I knew it was cross because no one can bang all night long like him" maybe not in those words..!! But I'm sure he put 2+2 together especially after Mommyca told him what Eva said about moving in with Gideon.! 

I think that Cary did know that she was back with Gideon. So the phone & the watch didn't set off alarms for him. Also I think that is why he didn't seem to be worried about where Eva was spending her time. He was teasing her at dinner that night with Trey & Megumi.

I think that Cary did know that she was back with Gideon. So the phone & the watch didn't set off alarms for him. Also I think that is why he didn't seem to be worried about where Eva was spending her time. He was teasing her at dinner that night with Trey & Megumi.

After he (Cary) Eva banging all night (chapter 1) he figured it was Gideon.. So yea I'd agree with you the phone and watch didn't set off any alarms with him..!!

Like he said I thought Eva was thinking he would judge her if she told him she was back with Gideon so I think that's why he stayed quite so long.!

One thing has just struck me. Regarding having no control over Eva, accept in the bedroom!

Dr Petersen picked up on this the first session they had at couples counselling.

He asked Gideon "do you think that Eva's to demanding or expects to much from you." He went on "do you want her to ask you for things, Gideon."

Eva wants her independence, likes having control over her life. Gideon finds this alien to him. He wants to protect her, he wants her to need him. It gives him a secure feeling knowing that she wants and needs him. Making him feel wanted, which his parents didn't.

Gideon learned not to need people because they had always let him down and then along comes Eva who completely turns his world upside down.  It must give him some measure of comfort to have Eva need him as much as he so desperately needs her. 

Hi Gigi

Both of this flawed couple, are the other half of who they should be. Together they make a whole person. Eva has had time, through Dr Travis, to uncover her flaws and issues and is dealing with them, her recovery getting stronger daily.

Gideon has just started to learn how to love and trust. To let those barriers down, to accept Eva's love, to embrace these feelings that were until recently alien to him. Those emotional barriers protecting him, will fall when he fully accepts her(Evas)love and Ireland's love for her brother. Between both these women, he will learn to love himself, which he has to do, to love them.

Hi Julie,

You make an interesting point about Gideon learning to love himself.  It will be interesting to see how Gideon evolves as he learns to love himself with Eva at his side. 

After he (Cary) Eva banging all night (chapter 1) he figured it was Gideon.. So yea I'd agree with you the phone and watch didn't set off any alarms with him..!!

Like he said I thought Eva was thinking he would judge her if she told him she was back with Gideon so I think that's why he stayed quite so long.!

We know that Cary was aware that Gideon was back in Eva's life.  However Cary has never been one to keep his mouth shut and to not notice things.  I just find it hard to believe that Cary would notice these things and NOT say anything.  He doesn't seem to be one to hold his tongue when it comes to Eva.  Especially since he knew that it was supposed to be kept quiet, I would think that he would have said something to let Eva know that she doesn't have to hide this secret from him.

Maybe he is wanting Eva to be more reliant on him and that is what he hates, is that she is not reliant on him, just a thought 

Hi Sheens & Sscrph, 

The truth is the most important thing.  If someone doesn't have the truth, then what do they really have? 

I'm going to go through the thread and answer whatever questions I can that Sharon hasn't already. I did ask her this specific question and she said she's not sure exactly since she is only about halfway through the story, but I'm not expecting a big jump in time, since she is sticking to the format the other books have had.

Hi Kirsten,

Thanks for taking the time to answer questions.  Perhaps Eva will get pregnant on her second "honeymoon". ;)

In that way, Sylvia can maintain her timeline (if that is what she chooses to do with the two remaining books) and the fans will get their Cross babies. :)

I'm hoping for October too because it is better than November of December. 

I didn't think it was a cliff hanger either.  It wouldn't bother me if it was but some fans were really upset. 

Hi Sharon, 

It seems that no matter what Sylvia does, some fan will always be upset.  It is a shame.  I think that the books are great and I have also enjoyed the endings of all three books.

Sharon I think you felt better because you realize that Sylvia loves these two as much as we do. :)

Sylvia said she had to get Eva to a healthy place... strong so she could help Gideon deal with his issues. I also didn't get the sense that these two would be cheating. Eva does get herself into situations that aren't wonderful, but part of her healing is that she is able to walkaway without it becoming more so to speak. Old Eva would spread her legs or open her mouth for a man so she could feel loved. Even if it was only for mere minutes. New Eva realizes that she has to have more self respect. Dr. Travis helped her with a lot, but Gideon certainly has cemented that for her.  She might still find Brett attractive, but she is no longer seeking validation through random sexual experiences. It's been a long road, but Eva finally knows she is worthy of so much more then a quick f*ck.

Hallelujah!  :)

I'm not sure if Brett is going to help her directly or indirectly.  I'm anxious to see how this plays out.  I'm still hoping that Eva uses her Krav Maga skills on Brett and that is how she puts him out of her system. 

Hi Sharon, 

I am completely on board with that scenario. :)

I think it is setting Gideon free  and he is getting stronger.  I think Gideon is just having a hard time adjusting and learning how to act with the one you love.  He definitely accepts Eva's love I go back to the conversation in the car after Eva stops by Lucas' office.  "Because of you, the world makes sense to me in a way it didn't before.  I have a place now, with you."  

Good point. :) 

Well Eva has always had people who love her and she knows they love her, Victor, Cary and Monica.  Eva never doubts any of their love even when they show it badly (Monica).  Gideon hasn't felt love since he was five.  He is learning how to love and be loved.  I remember back to a conversation with Eva where he said he thought he was happy.  He didn't even realize there was anything missing in his life.  I'm sure that is because he consciously blocked out that need.  He can't block it with Eva he has to embrace what they have and it is hard for him.

Again you make a good point about Gideon not realizing what was missing from his life.  It could be entirely possible that Gideon blocked out his need for love in order to survive his circumstances and his ordeals.   

Hi Sharon, 

Hi Sharon, 

Maybe Brett is involved in the sex tape scandal, maybe he even thinks this will break GidEva up and maybe his involvement and Eva's reaction to it are what helps her make the break ; perhaps this is what Sylvia meant...

Again you make a good point about Gideon not realizing what was missing from his life.  It could be entirely possible that Gideon blocked out his need for love in order to survive his circumstances and his ordeals.

Sad but soooo true!!

Maybe Brett is involved in the sex tape scandal, maybe he even thinks this will break GidEva up and maybe his involvement and Eva's reaction to it are what helps her make the break ; perhaps this is what Sylvia meant...

Hi Sscrph, 

Who knows?  As long as Brett takes the "Exit Stage Left"....I am good with whatever theory will get him out the door the fastest. :)