SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

Hi Julie, 

I think that Eva has made great strides towards dealing with her insecurities.  It became evident when she saw the prenup and didn't just tear it up or throw it away.  She stopped, took her time in the shower which gave her the opportunity to calm down and then she faced her fears-the prenup.  In the end she was pleasantly surprised, I think.  What do you think?

Julie - I agree - she was initially angry but then calmed down and read the prenup.   She was surprised because the prenup was bribery to stay.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I was thinking that to, she wanted to erase the memory he had of being abused and replace it with memories of her..! So sweet..! :)

They are both trying to erase all the bad memories, replacing them with good ones. They deserve, along with Cary happy times to remember. :)

Hi Kirsten, 

You make a good point about Monica.  I also agree that Gideon might want a big wedding too.  He is marrying the woman he loves madly afteral.  I was thinking about something others had mentioned in previous postings and threads.  What is the fear then of letting the media in to this event (other than the fact that they can be incredibly intrusive).  If the worst case scenario played out and the sex tape was released, wouldn't it simply cause a moment's embarrassment and then blow over?  There is always someone in the media getting caught doing something foolish and quite frankly far worse.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Those sex tapes do blow over.   Monica and Gideon both want the whole kit and caboodle.   Gideon just wants it quicker than Monica.

But surely with modern technology, Corinne cant truly have believed she could convince Gideon the baby was his long enough to get him up the aisle?

Gideon NEEDS control. Corinne knows him enough to know that. He is without doubt the type of man who would insist on attending ultrasounds/scans to check on the health of his child.

Now, while he might have done the honourable thing and proposed when she announced she was pregnant, Corinne would have been hard pushed to stop Gideon attending the ultrasounds not to mention, get a divorce and Gideon up the aisle before the baby made an early appearance.

I know she was desperate but you dont scheme like Corinne does especially about something this complicated without realising the pitfalls of the plan, and some of these are almost insurmountable.

Gideon is far too thorough about checking facts and if Corinne were to announce she were pregnant after 1 night together, he would want proof of the estimated conception date from a doctor.

I'm not saying Corrine would get away with trying to pass off Jean-Francois' baby as Gideon's -- only that she was desperate enough to try it. If she was desperate enough to essentially throw herself at him at a high-society event where he was there with a serious girlfriend .... if she was desperate enough to pull that nooner stunt the next day, running the risk she'd infuriate him .... well, she was desperate enough to try anything.

She deluded herself about a lot of things .... I think she was deluding herself into thinking she could trap Gideon through the oldest trick in the book "You slept with me, I'm pregnant, it's your baby"

I know it..!! If he cried while he was with Eva imagine how many nights he cried without her..!!

actually you know I never thought of the times he cried without her...he probably flooded his apartment with tears when they were apart.  OMG I definitely getting to involved with characters. lol

actually you know I never thought of the times he cried without her...he probably flooded his apartment with tears when they were apart.  OMG I definitely getting to involved with characters. lol

Can you imagine how Angus felt, seeing Gideon in so much pain, because of the pain he was causing Eva. Eva says seeing his pain was worse than her pain.

Angus probably kept Gideon company a lot I reckon on those long nights.

Can you imagine how Angus felt, seeing Gideon in so much pain, because of the pain he was causing Eva. Eva says seeing his pain was worse than her pain.

Angus probably kept Gideon company a lot I reckon on those long nights.

I absolutely love Angus! I dont think I'll ever get used to him calling Eva, Mrs. Cross.

He's like a father figure to Gideon, I just want to know how he became that important to Gideon. 

I absolutely love Angus! I dont think I'll ever get used to him calling Eva, Mrs. Cross.

He's like a father figure to Gideon, I just want to know how he became that important to Gideon.

That was one of the unanswered questions. Did Gideon finally tell him, after Angus saw the signs? Or did Angus catch Hugh abusing Gideon.?

Good morning ladies from cloudy England

What a busy night!

Right. I'm think Anne Lucas and her brother, were the shrink and doctorate that cared for Elizabeth during her pregnancy.

Terry Lucas covered up Gideons rape, to spare the family name. Gideon didn't have much interaction with Anne because he was always left alone with him.

Did Gideon know Anne was the shrink when he had sex with her?

Hi Julie, 

If Anne Lucas and her brother were the two individuals caring for Gideon that is beyond disgusting!  It means that Anne would have known Gideon as a child, would have heard from her husband about Gideon's claims of rape against her brother and that her husband would have covered the entire situation up.  How on earth could Anne then have decided to sleep with Gideon already knowing all of this?  It is beyond horrifying! 

It will be so interesting to see how much Anne knew and exactly what she knew in the next book.  I hope we get answers to those questions for sure!

That was one of the unanswered questions. Did Gideon finally tell him, after Angus saw the signs? Or did Angus catch Hugh abusing Gideon.?

Im not even going to theorize because EWY showed that I was wayyyyyy off BUT I do think that his trust for Angus comes from maybe Angus helping him with the abuse one way or another. 

Hi Jls1216,

I agree with your assessment.  I don’t think that Gideon is the father of Corinne’s baby either.  There simply wouldn’t have been enough time.  The book mentioned that Corinne was at least four months pregnant which would have meant that she was still in France at the time she conceived.  Therefore there is no way that Gideon could be the father.

It is more than likely that Corinne’s husband is the father.  I am sure that a DNA test could be done on the fetus if need be to put everyone’s mind at ease (although personally I don’t think that it would ever go that far). What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Nope your not the only one...!! That was the best scene to me..! Because in that very scene Gideon was the submissive..!! :)

I don't think Gideon was submissive.   I think that is why he turned them on their sides so they would be equals.  He was submissive in the abuse but not with Eva.

Hi Jls1216,

I agree with your assessment.  I don’t think that Gideon is the father of Corinne’s baby either.  There simply wouldn’t have been enough time.  The book mentioned that Corinne was at least four months pregnant which would have meant that she was still in France at the time she conceived.  Therefore there is no way that Gideon could be the father.

It is more than likely that Corinne’s husband is the father.  I am sure that a DNA test could be done on the fetus if need be to put everyone’s mind at ease (although personally I don’t think that it would ever go that far). What do you think?  What does everyone think?

Ladies I'm telling you that is no Cross baby! lol 

Im not even going to theorize because EWY showed that I was wayyyyyy off BUT I do think that his trust for Angus comes from maybe Angus helping him with the abuse one way or another. 

Hi Insideofclouds, 

I think that lots of people were off about their theories.  I know that I was.  I always maintained that Gideon was innocent, but boy was I wrong about that one.  It's all good though in the end.  Sometimes it can be fun to speculate a little. 

I think Gideon especially wants the media reporting they're engaged and then wedding pictures plastered all over the place to proclaim to the whole world Eva is his.

Good Lord, the man is regressing a bit -- again. It's almost like the staged-sidewalk-kiss all over again: Caveman proclaiming "She Little Cross Woman - Back Off!!!" (That means you, Kline.)  Perhaps part of him is still guilt driven by having hurt Eva so badly by him deliberately getting himself photographed with Corrine.

Speaking of, one thing did make me want to spank Gideon -- Chapter 23, them climbing out of the limo, him sliding his lips across her temple and saying something guaranteed to make her laugh. It instantly reminded me of the photo that broke Eva's heart -- Gideon with his arm around Corrine's waist, " .... his lips nearly touching her temple. She had a drink in her hand and was laughing."  He did that same little trick to make Corrine laugh for the camera -- I wonder what sweet nothing he whispered to Corrine that night.

Interesting observation.  I thought he did that to lighten her mood and have her photographed with a smile instead of concern.  There are other things that made me crazy with Gideon but not that.