SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

Wait until she's pregnant....Gideon is going to be way overwhelming then:)

Hi Jls1216, 

I actually think that Eva being pregnant might be a huge blessing for all of them.  It would give everyone something really positive to focus on.  I would hope that Gideon would ease up on his possessive nature but one never knows.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Anne Lucas was the psychiatrist hired to treat him as a 10-11 year old boy, but who ended up barely working with him at all because she instead focused all her attention on Elizabeth, it would make sense why he wouldn't recognize her 18-19 years later. Poor Gideon got left alone with Hugh the Pedophile a lot, so it's obvious whoever the female shrink had been all those years ago, that shrink barely worked with the poor child.

Fast forward to the present .... with all the women constantly throwing themselves at him, the poor guy would be hard pressed to keep track of all the faces. Anne was simply another one of the women in line and he wasn't going to give her the time of day .... until he somehow found out whose wife she was. Then things got interesting.

I think it is a stretch that Anne was the psychiatrist all those years ago the Vidals hired ... but I think the possibility exists. I'm almost certain she had been the one feeding Corrine meds though .... calculatedly setting out to make Corrine suicidal. Revenge against Gideon on so many levels -- fooled into the belief Gideon had always been in love with Corrine, destroying his shot at happily ever after .... getting even with him for her own brother's suicide .... knowing that he harbors deep survivor guilt stemming from the suicide of his own father under especially traumatic circumstances.

I agree that Anne is most likely Corinne's dr.  I think I posted that early on but I think Gideon's abuse went on for a couple years.  He is too smart not to know Anne if she was the doctor coming to his house.  Once he found out Hugh was her brother, he would have let her know somehow.  He told Eva that he understands now that he loves Eva why Lucas would help his wife.  I don't think he would have said that if Anne was the shrink.

Ln I don't think Anne was the psych with Elizabeth.! As I don't think Gideon would have forgotten her name.! He said he didn't understand until he met Eva, Dr Lucas loved his wife and wanted to spare her the embarrassment, so I don't think Anne knows what her brother did as her husband covered it up for him, why would she risk the chance and sleep with a man her little brother was accused of raping.!!? The question is who is the second doctor that looked at Gideon.!?

Excellent point .... Elizabeth has got a lot of explaining to do. She said two pediatricians examined him.

I wonder whether it might have gone down like this:

• Suspicions come up while the abuse is still at the stage where Hugh is performing hand jobs on Gideon, something that would not leave marks.
  • Pediatrician #1 examines Gideon and honestly does not find marks. But this doctors does violate ethics and the law by keeping the "investigation" a secret instead of performing mandatory reporting to child protective services.
  • Hugh is continued to allowed access to Gideon. Now thinking the coast is clear, he escalates the abuse to forcible penetration.
  • Something prompts Elizabeth to seek a second opinion -- perhaps some radical changes for the worse in Gideon's mental state?
  • Terry Lucas is the second pediatrician. He does find evidence of abuse -- but he tells Elizabeth he didn't. Worse, he works hard to convince Elizabeth that Gideon is a liar, in order to stop Elizabeth from investigating any further.

Like Eva, I hate the character Corrine for what she did .... and I'm convinced Dr. Anne Lucas is an evil person who deliberately deepened suicidal tendencies already present in Corrine .....

..... Gideon is very much in the wrong here, too. A theory I'd had months ago did, in fact, play itself out: Gideon very calculatedly sent Corrine mixed messages to make Corrine believe they were more than friends. Gideon still doesn't get the concept of what lying by omission actually is. He did lie to Corrine ... because actions speak louder than words, and his actions told Corrine they were a couple again. I just knew it -- I knew he had to have been doing it. Far too much was riding on things to leave it to chance. If the cops charged him, the danger existed they would charge Eva with being involved as well. Doesn't matter that Eva was 100% innocent. Some cop or prosecutor could try to argue otherwise. Everything depended upon the lie Gideon was living .... so he lied to Corrine.

Lied to a woman he already knew was in crisis -- she was in crisis even before she stepped foot back in New York.

I agree.  I think that is one of the reasons that Gideon continues to visit Corinne--he feels guilty for what he did.  That said, he needs to leave her alone.  He should let her husband deal with her.  IMO he should have called Giroux when Corinne was having problems and let him deal with the medication issue.  Gideon makes the problem worse.

Hi Sharonm745, 

Good point again!  I find it hard to believe that Gideon could sleep with Anne knowing that she was psychiatrist treating his mother, all the while her brother was raping him.  Revenge or not, I don't think that Gideon would do that to himself.  What does everyone think?

I agree.  It seems that would only open an already bad wound.

I found it difficult to believe that Corrine was 4 months pregnant and not showing. How could she not realize she was pregnant. I'll have to defer to our resident gyn Dr. Golfergirl to answer this one.

I agree... No morning sickness? Nausea? Anything?

I think all of the theories about Clancy handling the "Nathan" situation are correct. I think he felt like he screwed up by not protecting Cary so he was probably thinking of taking care of Nathan himself.

I agree... I think Clancy and his FBI brother were involved somehow.

Hi Jls1216, 

I actually think that Eva being pregnant might be a huge blessing for all of them.  It would give everyone something really positive to focus on.  I would hope that Gideon would ease up on his possessive nature but one never knows.

Hi GiGi,

I am hoping a baby comes in the last book:) I think you're right, it would bring them so much happiness! 

I wonder whether Anne Lucas knew the truth about her brother Hugh, and specifically what drove him to suicide.

If she did, did she have an even larger agenda already set when she set out to seduce Gideon? One she initially failed to accomplish, because The Iceman was immune to her wiles and manipulations?

What if she didn't know the truth about Hugh, because her husband kept that secret from her ... and she simply went after Gideon because she's a cheating s l u t?

So if she didn't know about the Gideon-Hugh truth, is her motive for causing grave mental health harm to Corrine and her motive for attempting to mess with Eva's mind purely driven by her being a scorned woman?

Oh the possibilities ....

Excellent point .... Elizabeth has got a lot of explaining to do. She said two pediatricians examined him.

I wonder whether it might have gone down like this:

• Suspicions come up while the abuse is still at the stage where Hugh is performing hand jobs on Gideon, something that would not leave marks.
  • Pediatrician #1 examines Gideon and honestly does not find marks. But this doctors does violate ethics and the law by keeping the "investigation" a secret instead of performing mandatory reporting to child protective services.
  • Hugh is continued to allowed access to Gideon. Now thinking the coast is clear, he escalates the abuse to forcible penetration.
  • Something prompts Elizabeth to seek a second opinion -- perhaps some radical changes for the worse in Gideon's mental state?
  • Terry Lucas is the second pediatrician. He does find evidence of abuse -- but he tells Elizabeth he didn't. Worse, he works hard to convince Elizabeth that Gideon is a liar, in order to stop Elizabeth from investigating any further.

Excellent possibility.  I didn't think about that.  I have to go back and read Gideon's talk with Eva.  He did say he wished he had fought more but it didn't hurt that much.  Is he just kidding himself?  He certainly sounds like he is in pain in those dreams.   

I agree.  I think that is one of the reasons that Gideon continues to visit Corinne--he feels guilty for what he did.  That said, he needs to leave her alone.  He should let her husband deal with her.  IMO he should have called Giroux when Corinne was having problems and let him deal with the medication issue.  Gideon makes the problem worse.

His initial guilt evaporated as soon as he found out about Stunt #2 from Eva. He decided then and there he had nothing further to say to Corrine. Whatever slack he might have been willing to cut Corrine for #1 (the nooner) #2 proved beyond all doubt was a manipulative little b**** Corrine really was.

What finally forced him to break "radio silence" was her constantly calling him, including calling his office. Then she showed up obviously unannounced at the Crossfire again. Maybe she even lurked in the lobby until he came through -- him either leaving for a lunch meeting or coming back from one? Because it was lunchtime when Eva spotted Corrine and him in the lobby.

I think the guilt kicked back in again when he figured out she really was in despair --- him blaming himself. He'd known her long enough to know her behavior was becoming increasingly irrational, and he wasn't so angry at her for hurting Eva that he wasn't also concerned when it became apparent Corrine was headed for nervous breakdown.

I wonder whether Anne Lucas knew the truth about her brother Hugh, and specifically what drove him to suicide.

If she did, did she have an even larger agenda already set when she set out to seduce Gideon? One she initially failed to accomplish, because The Iceman was immune to her wiles and manipulations?

What if she didn't know the truth about Hugh, because her husband kept that secret from her ... and she simply went after Gideon because she's a cheating s l u t?

So if she didn't know about the Gideon-Hugh truth, is her motive for causing grave mental health harm to Corrine and her motive for attempting to mess with Eva's mind purely driven by her being a scorned woman?

I think her husband kept her in the dark about what her brother was doing to Gideon. It doesn't make sense that she would cheat on her husband with gideon knowing what happened to him as a boy and that her brother was at fault. 

I believe she's going after Corinne because everyone thinks her and Gideon are back together and getting married. The way she went up to Eva at the end of the book brings up a huge red flag. Im wondering if she's going to become a problem in the fourth book, most likely. 

I think she didn't know what her brother did..! Her husband spared her from that.! But when she went after Gideon and he didn't melt for her and she went back to her husband he may have told her..! ( she then put it together, he would of never stayed with her knowing what her brother did to him.)

So after her breakdown (if her husband told her what her brother did to Gideon) she realized why her brother killed himself, so her revenge is Corrine. ( To get back at gideon) So if in fact she is Corrine psych (and her husband did tell her about her brother) she knowingly fed Corrine those pills knowing the side effects ( most anti-depressing meds come with homicidal warnings) what could happen..!

Or if she doesn't know what her brother did and she is Corrine psych, she still mad at the iceman for sending her back to her husband and not not staying with her.,! So either way Anne Lucas is dangerous..!!

Hi Kirsten, 

You make a good point about Monica.  I also agree that Gideon might want a big wedding too.  He is marrying the woman he loves madly afteral.  I was thinking about something others had mentioned in previous postings and threads.  What is the fear then of letting the media in to this event (other than the fact that they can be incredibly intrusive).  If the worst case scenario played out and the sex tape was released, wouldn't it simply cause a moment's embarrassment and then blow over?  There is always someone in the media getting caught doing something foolish and quite frankly far worse.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

I do think it would blow over quickly. The issue is can Eva's self-esteem handle it?

I hadn't even thought about Corrine's parents reaction. Of course they will blame Eva for their daughters actions. This is going to be messy at the beginning of book 4 don't you think?

Why would they blame Eva? Shes still married . It has to be obvious to everyone now that corriine and Gideon weren't dating . Why would he bring Eva if they were....so maybe they had all assumed ,or Corinne fed it too. Idk. I want her out of the pic ASAP in book 4. She's not Gideon's problem , she's her husbands . Gideon's gotta cut ties indefinitely . No?

Btw, I may have multiple postings comin up...catching up on all these pages! :)

I think her husband kept her in the dark about what her brother was doing to Gideon. It doesn't make sense that she would cheat on her husband with gideon knowing what happened to him as a boy and that her brother was at fault. 

I believe she's going after Corinne because everyone thinks her and Gideon are back together and getting married. The way she went up to Eva at the end of the book brings up a huge red flag. Im wondering if she's going to become a problem in the fourth book, most likely. 

I think back to what Gideon told Eva in North Carolina .... after he'd been with Anne Lucas, no matter how long he showered, he couldn't feel clean. She must have been manipulating his mind even while he was using her.

I think it's obvious she bought the lie that wedding bells were in the future for Gideon and Corrine .... but I wondered whether she had been messing with Corrine's mind during those weeks when Corrine was convinced she and Gideon were dating again but at the same time Corrine incredibly frustrated by mixed messages -- why wouldn't Gideon sleep with her?

Once Gideon dumped Corrine, Corrine would have been putty in Anne's hands. Anne would not have known yet have known about Eva, but Anne likely could have thought to herself something like this -- further proof Gideon Cross is a cold-hearted jerk when it comes to women, he dumped Corrine like he dumped me, but now I have a chance to really get back at him if I can drive Corrine to kill herself over him. With his background, his father a suicide, something like this actually would get under his cold skin. Plus he'd be publicly shamed for having shattered Corrine.

Agree that Eva needs to watch her back now. Fortunately for Eva, she knows a great deal more about the truth than Anne could ever suspect.

I can't read through all the post becuase there are so many,but I just have to say I really, really, really hope that Elizabeth will wake up, and Geidion will talk to her, and she will realize she is wrong and see how bad she hurt him. I was so mad when Elizabeth said "I wont let you take  him away from me" for starts she lost him when she didn't beleive what happen to him. It would make a really nice story at some point if that was addressed and the ending was her and Eva getting along. Although, Eva does have to mature a little and stop acting on impulse so much! It gets her in trouble sometimes.

bth_welcome.gif

I agree with what you have said about Elizabeth losing Gideon. I can't imagine her not believing him. Bad enough that he had to live through it, but to have his only living parent think that he was lying about it is horrendous. As much as we rag on Monica for not knowing Eva was being abused, Elizabeth, IMO is worse.

Why would they blame Eva? Shes still married . It has to be obvious to everyone now that corriine and Gideon weren't dating . Why would he bring Eva if they were....so maybe they had all assumed ,or Corinne fed it too. Idk. I want her out of the pic ASAP in book 4. She's not Gideon's problem , she's her husbands . Gideon's gotta cut ties indefinitely . No?

Btw, I may have multiple postings comin up...catching up on all these pages! :)

How can they blame any of Corrine's action on anybody else but Corrine.? You have to close one door before you open another..!!

The girl is still married and her husband being there proves that..! If they were done why would he fly to come check on her before her suicide attempt.?

Blame her for her actions..!!

We don't know though when Terry was called in to examine Gideon. My belief though due to the hatred Gideon harbours for Dr Lucas is that, by the time he examined Gideon there was physical proof. Gideon was seen by 2 different pediatricians - we have never really heard mention of the other, I believe because there was no proof when he examined Gideon so Gideon forgave him for that. Terry however saw the proof and lied - hence the animosity between them.

I get what you are saying about Anne using her maiden name for work but what I dont understand is why it would take Gideon so long to connect the dots between Terry & Hugh if he knew of Anne's existence. If he knew they were brother and sister surely he would have investigated the whole family - if 2 members of it were treating his family. Do you know what I mean?

We don't know though when Terry was called in to examine Gideon. My belief though due to the hatred Gideon harbours for Dr Lucas is that, by the time he examined Gideon there was physical proof. Gideon was seen by 2 different pediatricians - we have never really heard mention of the other, I believe because there was no proof when he examined Gideon so Gideon forgave him for that. Terry however saw the proof and lied - hence the animosity between them.

I get what you are saying about Anne using her maiden name for work but what I dont understand is why it would take Gideon so long to connect the dots between Terry & Hugh if he knew of Anne's existence. If he knew they were brother and sister surely he would have investigated the whole family - if 2 members of it were treating his family. Do you know what I mean?

Hi Rogue, 

I agree with you completely.  I think that there was physical proof or evidence and I think that Dr. Lucas tried to hide it.  What I would be interested in knowing is who was the other pediatrician who examined Gideon.  Elizabeth said that she had two doctors examine Gideon.  What would his motive have been for lying or for coverin up the abuse. 

You also bring up a good point about Gideon investigating Anne. Wouldn't Gideon have found out about Anne and Hugh being brother/sister?  Is that when Gideon decided to end the affair?  Or did that information come out later.  So many questions.  Now all we have to do is wait for the answers.