SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

You know the likeliest explanation regarding the brunette fetish/mommy fetish is similar to FSOG: I bet he banged and used the brunettes (mother has dark brown hair) in some back handed way to get back at his mother for not being there for him and believing him

This is what we have said all along. He used them and then discarded them, which is what he felt. Abandoned and an outsider in his own family.

His mother was his only family, he is "punishing" the brunettes because he can't punish his mother. Chris Vidal took his mother away from him. His father committing suicide was horrendous for him. That's why he rebelled at an early age. That's why I think there are Oedipal tendencies to his behaviour. He lost one parent, know he lost his mother to Chris Vidal.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. How hot was the night club sex. It's no wonder the fire alarms didn't go off!!

I loved the part in the book where Eva is talking to Gideon over the phone about the DB9. Loving his way of taking her mind off the inevitable with her father. Those poor shocks, if Gideon had his way!!!

The nightclub scene exceeded all expectations I had from the snippets. And Gideon talking dirty to Eva about the car got me all hot and bothered.

Of all the various hot, hot, HOT sex scenes in Entwined, my personal favorite was in Chapter 20 -- when Mrs. Cross showed up at her husband's office after hours, and he finally got to do some of the things involving that couch that he'd been fantasizing over since the very first time he'd ever sexually laid hands on Eva -- that early incident in his office when he was first trying (unsuccessfully at the time) to seduce Eva, the lunchtime when he got her onto her back and her skirt hiked up to her waist.

Very HAWT

My own lists:

Can't stand:

1. Corrine -- she started manipulating Gideon even before she stepped foot in New York, and she was ruthless from day one. Yes, I feel bad that she got "help" being pushed over the edge, but all along she bore some responsibility for her actions up to and including the suicide attempt. Eva's right to hate her now.
  2. Dr. Anne Lucas -- another ruthless ex and I'm suspecting a real danger to Eva. Dr. Anne Lucas, M.D., Psychiatrist. Where did Corrine get the psychiatric medication that escalated her (Corrine).
  3. Monica -- I'm really angry at Monica for sleeping with Victor and for continuing to act like she (Monica) is some sort of victim of the past. I think Monica f***** her way out of trouble with Victor -- defused his anger by taking him to bed.

LOVE LOVE LOVE (besides Eva and Gideon, of course):

1. Angus: not only for calling Eva "Mrs. Cross" but also for actually calling her "Eva" during the times when Eva is in need of a friend. I'll bet he calls his employer Gideon, rather than Mr. Cross, when Gideon is hurting.
  2. Victor: for the way he handled the truth about Nathan (aside from going to bed with Monica, that is.)
  3. Cary: for continuing to be the best friend Eva could ever have.

I agree with your list except Monica.  I would move her down to 4 and put Dr. Terry Lucas at #2.  He felt more loyalty to an adult relative than to a child who was abused.  I wonder if Anne was the other doctor that told Elizabeth that Gideon wasn't abused.  I hate that whole family.

#4 on my love list is Clancy.  I think he is a good guy and like he told Eva she is more than a job. 

The nightclub scene exceeded all expectations I had from the snippets. And Gideon talking dirty to Eva about the car got me all hot and bothered.

Of all the various hot, hot, HOT sex scenes in Entwined, my personal favorite was in Chapter 20 -- when Mrs. Cross showed up at her husband's office after hours, and he finally got to do some of the things involving that couch that he'd been fantasizing over since the very first time he'd ever sexually laid hands on Eva -- that early incident in his office when he was first trying (unsuccessfully at the time) to seduce Eva, the lunchtime when he got her onto her back and her skirt hiked up to her waist.

Very HAWT

I find it quite shocking to say this, but I found the plane sex hot. Am I bad?

Eva so wanted to heal him,like he did with her in the library. Talking him through it, pushing him, as far as she can, like he does with her.

I understand what you are saying Sharon especially about Cary, Corrine etc but in some way I can see why Eva would bring Brett up as she feels sorry for him and Eva is such a good person and trusting and she feels it badly when she hurts people and that I think is what she is feeling with Brett.  Don't get me wrong, I think she is stupid going to SD and seeing Brett but she needs to see him face to face to tell him once and for all that it is over and there is no way of going back but I do think Brett will at least try but Eva has to be strong and has to be faithful after seeing her dad and mum I don't think she would do that as it would hurt Gideon too much. 

Eva has a good head on her at times and I know she would not want to hurt Brett so I think she wants to let him down personally and face to face as that is how she would want it.

I agree with you for the most part but I just didn't like that Brett told her she would change her mind once he was in her again.  To me that should send up red flags.  Even Cary warned Eva to just say no.  I think it is the fact that, even though she loves Gideon, she is still hurt by the way he used her emotions against her.

I don't think she's wearing it to honor Elizabeth, it's about his dad..!

I don't think it is about Elizabeth or his dad.  I think it is about Gideon.  Eva will do anything to make Gideon happy and she hates that he suffers so much from a sad childhood.  She wears the ring proudly because it reminds Gideon of a happy time and she want there to be many more happy times.  I love Eva; with all her flaws she wants to be everything to Gideon...and he to Eva.

Hello Everyone ,I have been following the threads for months and have enjoyed them so mch and gotten so much insight ,it's good not to read in isolation.

Is it possible that Eva felt more for Brett in the past than she admitted even to herself and some of those feelings are surfacing now ?She has such an intense physical reaction to him that I fear going back to SD with all the memories they have there together may cause her to do something with him that will devastate her and Gideon especially if he catches at a vulnerable point because she seems unable to say no to him firmly and decisively .Is she strong enough enough to say no if he were to really push ?

Random thoughts...

1- the more i think about it the more i think clancy is behind the bracelet

2- corinne ( from now i will call her SB as in super-b...) must have known she was pregnant, come on Gideon, you cant be so naive!!!

3- i think tatiana is not really pregnant or if she is she will loose the baby....

4- i cant stand elizabeth and lucas before corinne because they damaged a child and that to me is unforgivable. Corinne is a sb, but at least she does behave like that because she is in love with gideon and she is not dealing with a child... Gideon could just see she is manipulative

5- i really dont want to see eva encouraging brett in any way or sending mixed signals, so i hope nothing else will happen there

6- loved the private wedding and would have loved to read more about it!!!

7- do you think victor and monica will get back together?!?

8- i think cary has to find someone that is not tat or trey

9- i dont know why monica does not upset me as much as elizabeth overall... Ok she has her big faults, but she is very human in her mistakes. Her biggest fault is probably being too superficial and money oriented, but she protected her daughter and still tries in her own way. She kept her daughtet when she got pregnant because she really loved victor.

More to come....

Hello Everyone ,I have been following the threads for months and have enjoyed them so mch and gotten so much insight ,it's good not to read in isolation.

Is it possible that Eva felt more for Brett in the past than she admitted even to herself and some of those feelings are surfacing now ?She has such an intense physical reaction to him that I fear going back to SD with all the memories they have there together may cause her to do something with him that will devastate her and Gideon especially if he catches at a vulnerable point because she seems unable to say no to him firmly and decisively .Is she strong enough enough to say no if he were to really push ?

Welcome!!

If he does push her buttons this is where I hope she uses her Krav Maga skills! She's a married woman now and she should be aware that her actions have greater repercussions than when she kissed Brett which was bad enough.

Ok..so glad we can discuss!!

(This is going to be long, sorry)

I've gotta say that I did love the book, even though it really really annoyed me quiet a few times. Why the added drama?! Why?? :(

Ok, let’s start lol;

Love that Gideon is living next door…I think maybe that’s another reason why he didn’t contact her that whole week or  so that they were apart, he knew what she was doing…I wonder if he saw her leave the apt after her makeover as ‘New Eva’. Lucky for her he was at his other apt when she came by after Graves talked to her!

Love that Gideon had already told Corinne no more when Eva told him to stop seeing her. Loved even more when Eva told him about the two times she tired to make her believe that they were sleeping together, that it solidified for Gideon that he was cutting her off completely. Hooray…love that! Love how Gideon just wants to be w/ Eva…worship her…make her happy any way he can. Any thing she wants, he will give it to her. Buying her the new watch was so sweet (a REALLY nice one too!) to make up for her pain-in-the-a$$ mom and the fact that she ruined a sentimental gift w/ the Rolex.

The night club scene…yes…hot!!! J I like to see Eva hanging out w/ girlfriends and making new ones. Gideon taking care of her the next morning…so sweet.

Deanna??? WTF? Why is she everywhere?! Can’t Eva keep her from coming even into the lobby?? And why was Gideon letting her touch him at the fundraiser? Her hand on his arm? Didn’t want to be rude and her off even more maybe? Seriously? How does she know about the tape? Brett’s got to know about it. Probably for a while. Why does Eva need more drama like that. More things for Gideon to take care of.

Speaking of rude…Really Eva w/ the inviting Brett back to your place? Really? And look who was in the lobby! It was one thing to go to the video event, at least she took Cary and Gideon and Ireland were there (Love Ireland!), but then going up w/ Brett to watch it, then watch it and see how horrible it is, then speak to the host, then take him to dinner still!! Really?? Ughh…that annoyed me. And then later in the book she texts him a smiley face. Way to not send mixed signals Eva! L Sorry, the whole Brett thing bothers me. And it’s not Brett I’m annoyed w/.

I like the Russian mob bit. That’s great…if it’s someone helping Gideon. I too thought of Angus immediately….but, yes, I think it may be Clancy. I’m good w/ that. Maybe Angus and Clancy together. I liked that we got to find out that someone was looking after Cary too…so maybe Clancy didn’t get to him on time, but scared Nathan away before he killed him? I’m assuming then that Monica did know for sure that is was Nathan who hurt Cary.

Corinne…really?? Again, Gideon was letting her touch him, then she tries to kiss him…glad that didn’t happen. I’d hate to think she didn’t know she was pregnant. It is possible though. Do you really think Anne could be her pshyc? Wouldn’t Gideon have seen the Dr. name on the RX bottle? That would be really messed up if it were. I think it’s time for that whole doctor family to do down. Malpractice all over the place!

Anne creeped me out too. What’s w/ her telling Eva about Deanna like she did? Did she know that was Eva? Where was Lucas? What the heck, she just to happen to pick Cary to mess around w/? Ughh…too many questions.

I like Magdalena…I’m glad she’ll be a friend to them. An ally for Eva hopefully.

Who’d I miss?

Oh! Victor and Monica! Oh jeez! I was so looking forward to their battle! I really wanted him to go off on her. I wanted to cry when he called Eva after he found out and then when she saw him. Aww…daddy and his little girl L. I felt like there should have been more w/ that, no? I can see how Victor and Monica slept together, they both have feelings still. Ugh. Awkward for Eva! I’m glad Gideon asked Victor (like I’ve been saying!) for Eva’s hand. So happy about that J OH, and Graves asking Eva what Victor thought about them. Had they been in contact (Victor and Graves)?

I thought it was funny Graves and Eva in Krav Maga.

I like that it didn’t take too long for them to come out together.

I’m on the fence about the ring. I can see the sentimental value in it, but Gideon doesn’t like his mom…so…Idk how id’ feel looking at it everyday, knowing the person who it originally belonged to hurt him so badly. I would’ve thought he’d design his own.  I am a bit surprised by how mean Elizabeth was.

I loved the wedding and the pre-nup. I think there was a scene in the book when Eva heard Gideon on the phone…I forgot when, but I think he was on w/ his lawyers putting it together J Do women really get money for having kids? Lol.

I feel bad for Cary. I hope it’s not really his baby, but he’ll have  a while to find that out (if she really is preg).

Ok..this is really long. Sorry. Just put it all out in one shot. J

My list for sex scene favorites

1.  The plane - I think it was just perfect.  Eva wants to help Gideon and it took me back to the Vidal's library when Eva asked Gideon to erase Nathan. 

2.  The office.  I liked everything about it, the ring, the "Tell me about your meeting with Giroux/" and Eva's response "How did you know?" "Eva Christ.  I love you." "I guess you like the ring."

3.  The first scene in chapter 1 and 2.  - It just made me believe that they were back together and going to make it some how.

4.  The nightclub sex -- OMG was that hot and voyeuristic. 

5.  I like them all so I hate to leave any out.

I don't see Eva having any relationship with Brett if he makes a major play for her.  If he does I hope she uses her Krav Maga skills on him.  She is a married woman now even if no one knows it.

A project I haven't gotten around to yet but plan to do shortly is count the number of Entwined chapters that do include sex scenes. Because a lot of them do ;)

I'm just guessing cause I want to see how close I am-but I'll say out of 23 chapts. there are only 6 w/o sex.

I don't see Eva having any relationship with Brett if he makes a major play for her.  If he does I hope she uses her Krav Maga skills on him.  She is a married woman now even if no one knows it.

Also she will have only been married a week. That would be out of order.

The ring was a huge slap in the face for Elizabeth and Im glad it was. After his father's death, Gideon wasn't happy and his mom did not provide him with any happiness. Now that ring simbolizes that Eva will provide the happiness he wants and deserves.

Hi insideofclouds

I second your each and every word!!

i'm curious as to how Gideon got the ring...Did he have it already? If so, from when?

I have a bad feeling Eva will do something stupid in SD...I hope Gideon goes w/ her lol

So, Eva bought Gideon his ring, does she not have a wedding band? His souns so nice!

'why didn't Eva tell Monica they were engaged when they were getting ready at her huse before the fundraiser? Monica had said "he's got to propose first!' when Eva mentioned that he woulnd't want to wait to get married.

Sorry, I've got so many questions!! How annoying am I ? :/

Hi I am new to the boards, have been watching for a while.  I have been trying to get my registration accepted since May 30th, and somehow after the 4th email I sent I actually received an email from Sylvia today apologizing and saying it would be done today.

I love that I have found others that are as in love and obsessed with the series as I.

Hi I am new to the boards, have been watching for a while.  I have been trying to get my registration accepted since May 30th, and somehow after the 4th email I sent I actually received an email from Sylvia today apologizing and saying it would be done today.

I love that I have found others that are as in love and obsessed with the series as I.

Welcome to the forum.

Now you can join in the fun!

If Elizabeth wants a relationship with her son she's definitely gonna have to come over to TEAM EVA !!! Everyone in her family loves Eva--Ireland, Chris Jr, and even Chris Sr liked Eva right away ...Elizabeth is going to finally have to suck it up and come clean!!! Her son is madly passionately obsessively in love with Eva and ANYONE can see that even prefect strangers but not only that Gideon has never been happy until he met Eva even Ireland sees that .....Elizabeth needs to start being a real mom to Gideon if she wants him in her life.

Elizabeth only has a problem with Eva because she can't admit the truth to herself about what an epic fail she was as a mother. I think eventually they will make amends if Elizabeth admits to her mistakes and tries to build a real relationship with her son. In the end she will wind up thanking Eva.

Hi Barb, welcome!!!! It'd be so cool if other people waiting for registrations can get them quickly now and jump right in too!!!! Oh it's so much fun here now. Well, it always is fun -- but it's especially fun now that we've gotten Entwined and have oodles of brand new stuff to talk about!!!!