SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

What really seems strange to me is how so many people were angered by the extra books being planned. I love getting deeper into the different people and seeing the development of their characters and the webs of connection. To me one of the hallmarks of the best novels and movies, is they have engaging secondary characters and back stories. And I look forward to learning their stories and I want to see good things happening in their lives. Think of all the vivid "extras" SD has created: Mark, Steve, Shawna, Martin, Angus, Clancy , Megumi, Cary, Trey, Victor, Ireland, and some of the more problematic like, Monica, Elizabeth, Brett, Magdalena, and of course the bad guys we dislike so intensely. Even Daniel at the gym has a lively spark to him.

What's the big rush?

I said to Sylvia that I would love to see the series go on for more books because these characters have a great story to tell.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What really seems strange to me is how so many people were angered by the extra books being planned. I love getting deeper into the different people and seeing the development of their characters and the webs of connection. To me one of the hallmarks of the best novels and movies, is they have engaging secondary characters and back stories. And I look forward to learning their stories and I want to see good things happening in their lives. Think of all the vivid "extras" SD has created: Mark, Steve, Shawna, Martin, Angus, Clancy , Megumi, Cary, Trey, Victor, Ireland, and some of the more problematic like, Monica, Elizabeth, Brett, Magdalena, and of course the bad guys we dislike so intensely. Even Daniel at the gym has a lively spark to him.

What's the big rush?

Hi Nancy

I so agree with you. If Sylvia wanted to write 20 more books on this saga, I would squeal from the rooftops. I love reading about Gideon, Eva and other characters and their problems. Too expect Sylvia to whet our appetites, then just stop with Gideon and Eva's story, would be, a travesty. I'm so glad she didn't cram the storyline into book 3. No rush at all. Sitting here twiddling my thumbs. ;)

What's the big rush?

Hmmm I don't get it either ; I wish there would be 10 books...

Hi Ladies, although I'm a little uneasy with what Sylvia said about Eva and Brett I still don't think Eva would cheat .. Like someone said she loves him too much!! But she did say ( not exact words) she is playing with fire so that does worry me a little, what does that mean a kiss a touch?? This book is supposed to go towards a HEA so that's what I'm clinging too..

She is playing with fire because Brett takes her back to the days when she was struggling with self-esteem issues.  She is still working through her past.  Sylvia never said anything about Eva cheating.  She said Eva & Gideon are solid. 

Hi Ladies, although I'm a little uneasy with what Sylvia said about Eva and Brett I still don't think Eva would cheat .. Like someone said she loves him too much!! But she did say ( not exact words) she is playing with fire so that does worry me a little, what does that mean a kiss a touch?? This book is supposed to go towards a HEA so that's what I'm clinging too..

I don't think it will even go as far as a kiss or a touch. I am thinking she puts herself in a bad situation. 

What's the big rush?

Good evening ladies and Hi Nrock

I agree with you 100%!!!

I used to be one of those readers who only read the words because I had to look up one in every five words....  what a huge difference the Crossfire Novels have made!!!! These characters, all of them, are so close to my heart I can't go a day without them. and they have been there from the first 10 lines of Bared. I'm too emotionally involved now not to hope for another ten books. I want, I need Gideon and Eva to be happy and safe.

I'm counting the days to the CBY release like children do at Christmas time!!!

I've often thought that. They only read the words. They don't go deeper into the story.

Three compliments one and two perfectly. Romantic with a bit of excitement and angst and.......more!

I agree with you Julie on this :)

What's the big rush?

I feel the same way, a book has to keep you riveted page by page and makes you want more, more on their lives, the ups and downs and you go on a journey with the characters and get involved with them, like what we all do here, we love the people and cry when they cry, laugh and love when they do and to me that is what makes a brilliant novel or film or tv series

I said to Sylvia that I would love to see the series go on for more books because these characters have a great story to tell.

what did Sylvia say when you said that.

I think like a few on here that like you said with the many characters in this book Sylvia could write more books, not just stop at book 5, I would love to see more books on these people and the characters in the books come more to life like Shawna, Steve and Mark etc.  I personally would buy any book that Sylvia wrote on these people or this series, the crossfire series could go on more than 5 books and I would love that :)

I think like a few on here that like you said with the many characters in this book Sylvia could write more books, not just stop at book 5, I would love to see more books on these people and the characters in the books come more to life like Shawna, Steve and Mark etc.  I personally would buy any book that Sylvia wrote on these people or this series, the crossfire series could go on more than 5 books and I would love that :)

She didn't really say anything.  The night before she was talking about one of her other series and mentioned she originally envisioned it being 12 books but she never got the contract to do the last 3.  I suspect that her contract for Crossfire is 5 and that is all she can commit to at this time.

She didn't really say anything.  The night before she was talking about one of her other series and mentioned she originally envisioned it being 12 books but she never got the contract to do the last 3.  I suspect that her contract for Crossfire is 5 and that is all she can commit to at this time.

that is a bummer, I could read her books on the Crossfire gang for ever xx

Well it is 11pm here in the UK and time to go to bed for work tomorrow, night night ladies 

Someone else mentioned this. Sylvia said she thought she could wrap up the story in 3, but quickly realized because of the issues it was going to take more books. Sylvia wants to get them both to a good place, but doesn't want to beat a dead horse so to speak so I thought that was a great answer. Many people mentioned they wanted the series to go on for FOREVER. She also has a title in mind for the last book, but won't share that until she's positive about it.

I am currently listening to Entwined With You for the second time and am in the middle of Chapter 18th. There are a couple things that came to me so I wrote them down as I have been listening. I will try to group those that can be together, but to make it simpler for responses I will try to separate them too.

When did Cary become so non-observant/clueless.

- He doesn't notice that Eva now has two cell phones and that the one she has been using in front of him is a burner phone. Cary typically notices everything and since we know that Eva has either an iphone or another smart phone, her burner could not be the same as the her personal phone.

- He knows she is no longer wearing the Rolex that her Mom and Stanton bought her and yet he fails to notice that she is now wearing her new watch. He is smart enough to know that the only person that could have possibly purchased a new phone watch like that for is Gideon and yet he doesn't even notice her new watch let alone how spendy it is.

- I find it odd that in Chapter 11 when Eva leaves to pick Victor up at the airport in Gideon's Aston Martin DB9, Eva was with Gideon in their apartment then went downstairs to get the car from the valet. Gideon calls Eva to calm her and encourage her to get in the car and drive it. At one point during that conversation on speaker phone Eva asks Gideon where he is and he says that he is at his office. How could he be at the office when 5, possibly 10 minutes before he was at their apartment with her.

- I know that this has been discussed before and that I personally has brought this up before, but how does Christopher Vidal Jr. know so much about what is going on with Corrinne right NOW. I understand that she was once engaged to his half brother and possibly their families were close, however I have no clue why Corrine even has CVJ phone number, let alone is calling him (at the debut of the Golden video) or why Corrinne is telling CVJ that Gideon was at her place the night before. It makes me wonder if Corrinne and CVJ have some sort of relationship. It is just really odd to me that the two of them would have any communication.

- I too believe that this was previously brought up, however I don't recall hearing anything else. When Eva find the tracker in her compact and she contact Angus to confirm that he was indeed monitoring her, she was and later told Angus that he would owe her. I originally thought that he paid his debt to her by arranging the girls night out, however we know that Gideon did that. Do we know how she cashed in on Angus owing her and if so what was it, I can't think and it is stumping me.

-This is a new one that literally just hit me. In chapter 17th when Eva and Monica finally meet for lunch to discuss what has been going on with them and they discuss the mutual love between Victor and Monica as well as Monica's need for money, something hit me. What if the Trammels (Monica's family) told her that her inheritance would be forfeited if she and Victor married or if she stayed with him. Also when Victor and Monica met he worked in an auto garage, which assumably (we don't know how long they were together) he was also doing when she got pregnant. What if the Trammels paid for his police academy/education to walk out of her life and he did it because he loved her and knew that she could never be happy with him. I think that her family has something to do with this and even though Monica claims to have been cut-off, maybe her definition of cut-off is different than what we think it means.

- I find it odd that in Chapter 11 when Eva leaves to pick Victor up at the airport in Gideon's Aston Martin DB9, Eva was with Gideon in their apartment then went downstairs to get the car from the valet. Gideon calls Eva to calm her and encourage her to get in the car and drive it. At one point during that conversation on speaker phone Eva asks Gideon where he is and he says that he is at his office. How could he be at the office when 5, possibly 10 minutes before he was at their apartment with her.

- I know that this has been discussed before and that I personally has brought this up before, but how does Christopher Vidal Jr. know so much about what is going on with Corrinne right NOW. I understand that she was once engaged to his half brother and possibly their families were close, however I have no clue why Corrine even has CVJ phone number, let alone is calling him (at the debut of the Golden video) or why Corrinne is telling CVJ that Gideon was at her place the night before. It makes me wonder if Corrinne and CVJ have some sort of relationship. It is just really odd to me that the two of them would have any communication.

I think she called CVJ because Gideon was ignoring her calls. I think she called him out of desperation. It just proves how little she knows about Gideon.

What's the big rush?

I could not agree with you more! When I was reading some comments from others on Sylvia's facebook and comments on Amazon. I was shocked that people were angry because there will be more books. I was thinking, are you crazy? The more the better, I don't want the series to stop at 5.  As far as I'm concerned she can just keep on writing about Gideon and Eva and I'll keep on buying!