SPOILERS: Entwined with You Overall Discussion

The scene after Dr Lucas's office explains a lot of his behavior through out the books...

You are so right.  Knowing  what we know now about Gideon's personality, makes reading the previous books more enriching.  We have an understanding of why Gideon is the way he is and what makes him tick.  We have a better understanding.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel the exact same way. I didn't purposely go out of my way to look at the reviews, but when I saw some of them, I couldn't believe how negative they were! Like you said, most of the complaints (and the reviews) were based on the fact that Crossfire would not be a trilogy. After having read EWY, its just not possible for it to be a trilogy.

I love everything about this series, especially all of the secondary characters, even the ones you dislike. SD has done such a wonderful job with that. 

Hi Chenolyn, 

I think that some people like neat little packages and don't like to deviate from that "box" so to speak.  It is a shame for them, because I think that the books are great and some of the characters are so outrageous that I could see them getting a series of their own.

Hi Everyone,

I can't believe that the Crossfire series was supposed to be a series of twelve and that the publishing company didn't go for it.  What a shame! 

A person would only need to look at how successful Shayla Black has been with her "Wicked" series.  I think that she is up to book nine and has been signed to do another two books in the series.  What a waste of potential revenue for the companies and what a waste of creative material that won't be shared with the fans. 

We know that Cary was aware that Gideon was back in Eva's life. However Cary has never been one to keep his mouth shut and to not notice things. I just find it hard to believe that Cary would notice these things and NOT say anything. He doesn't seem to be one to hold his tongue when it comes to Eva. Especially since he knew that it was supposed to be kept quiet, I would think that he would have said something to let Eva know that she doesn't have to hide this secret from him.

- I too believe that this was previously brought up, however I don't recall hearing anything else. When Eva find the tracker in her compact and she contact Angus to confirm that he was indeed monitoring her, she was ###### and later told Angus that he would owe her. I originally thought that he paid his debt to her by arranging the girls night out, however we know that Gideon did that. Do we know how she cashed in on Angus owing her and if so what was it, I can't think and it is stumping me.

-This is a new one that literally just hit me. In chapter 17th when Eva and Monica finally meet for lunch to discuss what has been going on with them and they discuss the mutual love between Victor and Monica as well as Monica's need for money, something hit me. What if the Trammels (Monica's family) told her that her inheritance would be forfeited if she and Victor married or if she stayed with him. Also when Victor and Monica met he worked in an auto garage, which assumably (we don't know how long they were together) he was also doing when she got pregnant. What if the Trammels paid for his police academy/education to walk out of her life and he did it because he loved her and knew that she could never be happy with him. I think that her family has something to do with this and even though Monica claims to have been cut-off, maybe her definition of cut-off is different than what we think it means.

- I find it odd that in Chapter 11 when Eva leaves to pick Victor up at the airport in Gideon's Aston Martin DB9, Eva was with Gideon in their apartment then went downstairs to get the car from the valet. Gideon calls Eva to calm her and encourage her to get in the car and drive it. At one point during that conversation on speaker phone Eva asks Gideon where he is and he says that he is at his office. How could he be at the office when 5, possibly 10 minutes before he was at their apartment with her.

- I know that this has been discussed before and that I personally has brought this up before, but how does Christopher Vidal Jr. know so much about what is going on with Corrinne right NOW. I understand that she was once engaged to his half brother and possibly their families were close, however I have no clue why Corrine even has CVJ phone number, let alone is calling him (at the debut of the Golden video) or why Corrinne is telling CVJ that Gideon was at her place the night before. It makes me wonder if Corrinne and CVJ have some sort of relationship. It is just really odd to me that the two of them would have any communication.

Hi Fayeth

Cary is very observant where Eva is concerned. I'm sure he noticed the phone, and watch, but I think he was hoping Eva was going to tell him, rather than him asking. When she got back with Gideon, which he knew, he was upset that she was being secretive.

It was Clancy that had been tracking Eva, for her mother, using the rolex and compact. Don't think Eva has collected from Clancy yet, but I'm sure she will. Gideon arranged the girls night out, at Primal, with his security.

As for the DB9, the story had moved on and Gideon had gone back to the office when he called Eva, and was instilling some confidence in her, while she drove for the first time in New York and picking Victor up.

Hope that clears up any queries. :)

We know that Cary was aware that Gideon was back in Eva's life.  However Cary has never been one to keep his mouth shut and to not notice things.  I just find it hard to believe that Cary would notice these things and NOT say anything.  He doesn't seem to be one to hold his tongue when it comes to Eva.  Especially since he knew that it was supposed to be kept quiet, I would think that he would have said something to let Eva know that she doesn't have to hide this secret from him.

I am actually wondering if Gideon and Cary have actually talked at this point. Gideon telling Cary he is back & that he is taking care of Eva!

The fact that Sylvia said that Gideon had a love/hate relationship with Eva was bothering me.Then I started to think, Gideon does truly love Eva, what he hates is the fact that sometimes (the limo in Bared) Eva takes control. Gideon needs control in his life. Gideon wants to be able to take care of Eva in everything and he needs to be in control. So the "hate" part comes in when Eva does not let himhave that control. She is a strong individual, who does things on her own, not always needing Gideon to take care of everything. I think this is part of the reason that Gideon needed to be married- he had the control.

I am actually wondering if Gideon and Cary have actually talked at this point. Gideon telling Cary he is back & that he is taking care of Eva!

Hi Xfire, 

You ask a good question.  Could it be that Gideon had a conversation with Cary at some point or was Cary in the dark the entire time that he and Eva were secretly dating?

The fact that Sylvia said that Gideon had a love/hate relationship with Eva was bothering me.Then I started to think, Gideon does truly love Eva, what he hates is the fact that sometimes (the limo in Bared) Eva takes control. Gideon needs control in his life. Gideon wants to be able to take care of Eva in everything and he needs to be in control. So the "hate" part comes in when Eva does not let himhave that control. She is a strong individual, who does things on her own, not always needing Gideon to take care of everything. I think this is part of the reason that Gideon needed to be married- he had the control.

You are correct. The one thing that Gideon cannot control is Eva.  She is very independent.  What Gideon doesn't yet realize is that the thing that Eva needs the most is his honesty.  If Gideon gives her that (which would entail Gideon opening himself up and making himself vulnerable) Eva will give him her all; heart and soul.  What do you think?

Hi Fayeth

It was Clancy that had been tracking Eva, for her mother, using the rolex and compact. Don't think Eva has collected from Clancy yet, but I'm sure she will.

For some reason I always type Angus, even when I know it is Clancy.  My fingers and my brain are fighting LOL

I am currently listening to Entwined With You for the second time and am in the middle of Chapter 18th. There are a couple things that came to me so I wrote them down as I have been listening. I will try to group those that can be together, but to make it simpler for responses I will try to separate them too.

When did Cary become so non-observant/clueless.

- He doesn't notice that Eva now has two cell phones and that the one she has been using in front of him is a burner phone. Cary typically notices everything and since we know that Eva has either an iphone or another smart phone, her burner could not be the same as the her personal phone.

- He knows she is no longer wearing the Rolex that her Mom and Stanton bought her and yet he fails to notice that she is now wearing her new watch. He is smart enough to know that the only person that could have possibly purchased a new phone watch like that for is Gideon and yet he doesn't even notice her new watch let alone how spendy it is.

Hi Fayeth, 

Is there a big difference between the audio books and the paperbacks?  I have noticed in some postings that there seems to be slight differences.  What are the differences?  Any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.  :)