• Please log in to reply
6666 replies to this topic

#3521 GiGi

GiGi

Board Master

• Members
  • 3,825 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:14 PM

There is no way that I think Liz believes Gideon made up the abuse.  She has convinced herself that he did and uses the doctors reports as evidence but she knows.  She had to hear Gideon's nightmares and other indications.   She knows in her heart that she failed her son.

Hi Sharon, 

I just wanted to clarify with you that Elizabeth Vidal has deluded herself into believing that her son lied about the abuse and that she is using the past medical reports to justify the continuation of that delusion?  I just want to make sure that I understood your position on this matter.  Thanks in advance.  :)

#3522 GiGi

GiGi

Board Master

• Members
  • 3,825 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:20 PM

I'm not a lawyer but I have listened to defense lawyers on TV.  Almost every one of them say that they never ask "did you do it" or "are you innocent."  They say that they don't want their client to lie to them and see the lie in their eyes.  They prefer to do the research and develop a defense passed on their research not on their clients word. 

Hi Sharon, 

I wasn't sure of the exact language about lawyer/client confidentiality, so I didn't want to say too much on the subject.  I want to make that the information that I impart is accurate, which means I may have to make yet another trip "down the street" to my favourite Crown Attorney.  I am so glad that I know how to bake German Stollen and that he and his family are amenable to baked goods for a little legal clarification.  :)

It is either that or he must be thinking some of the oddest things about one of his neighbours (just kidding I hope).  :)

#3523 GiGi

GiGi

Board Master

• Members
  • 3,825 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:24 PM

I'm not a lawyer but I have listened to defense lawyers on TV.  Almost every one of them say that they never ask "did you do it" or "are you innocent."  They say that they don't want their client to lie to them and see the lie in their eyes.  They prefer to do the research and develop a defense passed on their research not on their clients word. 

Hi Sharon, 

Lawyers never ask their clients because if their clients spill the beans about having committed a murder they are put in a very awkward position.  Again, I can't remember the terminology but we have a legal expert(s) on this forum and I hope that they will chime in on this.  :)

#3524 GiGi

GiGi

Board Master

• Members
  • 3,825 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:27 PM

Was anyone under the impression he had? I thought it was pretty well established by Graves they had nothing solid. Did I miss something in one if the books?

Hi Orangeena, 

You are correct.  Thus far there isn't any documented evidence that Gideon left any proof that he killed Nathan.  I was just making a light-hearted comment because this issue has been so heavy.  Then again, we the readers have no idea what Sylvia will write next.  :)

#3525 GiGi

GiGi

Board Master

• Members
  • 3,825 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:31 PM

Totally agree w/ both of these...100%!  Do we really think that Brett didn't know about the video though? That Sam never told him? It's been been years that he's had it. Was just waiting for 6/9ths to make it big before releasing it? Or maybe he never thought of releasing it until now..Eva was just one of Bretts groupies that he prob got on film, so no biggie...until now?

And yes...Benjamin Bratt is who i've been thinking of too! Perfect!

Hi Nathalia, 

I can hardly wait to find out whether Brett knew about the sex tape or not.  I wonder whether Sam told him about the video or whether he just held onto the tape in the hopes that someday it might be worth a lot of money.  If Sam taped Brett and Eva together, then I have to wonder just how many other "groupies" did Sam tape Brett with?  What does everyone think?

#3526 GiGi

GiGi

Board Master

• Members
  • 3,825 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:39 PM

I agree. Nearly every time she talks to him or sees him, she's still talking about how hot he is....how great his body is....how seductive his voice is. If she had truly let go by now, she wouldn't be nearly as phased by his looks or voice. She's still reconciling her feelings for him. And, finding out your ex that treated you like crap not only wants you back, but has been using you as his muse? Well if that's not an ego boost, I don't know what is. I think she's using his interest in the same way she used to use the s*x...as a cheap way to make herself feel better. I don't think for a minute she'll cheat on gideon, but she needs Dr. Travis ASAP!

Hi Orangeena, 

You make a good point.  Maybe Eva's ego has been boosted by the fact that Brett sees Eva as his muse.  I agree with you, the trip to see Dr. Travis couldn't come at a better time.  I think that maybe Eva is reacting the way that she has been because of all of the other stresses.  Gideon killed Nathan for her, her mother has been putting tracking devices in her compact mirror and she was also betrayed because her mother's gift of the Rolex didn't mean for Monica what it did for Eva.  Monica gave Eva that watch and used it to  track her daughter's movements; whereas Eva saw that gift as something very precious because of her graduation from school. 

Eva also has to deal with the fact that her father; her hero committed adultery with her mother (whom is is deeply disappointed with) and that her step-father had been cheated.  To add a little icing on this cake Eva has to deal with the fact that because of Cary's foolish actions, he may now be stuck with a woman whom he doesn't love and he may be the father of Tatiana's baby.  I think that's a lot to deal with.  What do you think?  What does everyone think?  :)

#3527 MicheleWV

MicheleWV

Silver Member

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:41 PM

See my post from today on another thread...

Posted Today, 02:17 PM

Barb55, on 15 Jun 2013 - 10:25 AM, said:snapback.png

So this topic in chapter 10 has been really bugging me, so I have emailed, face booked, and sent several twitter message to Sylvia.  She finally had some spare time LOL and sent a reply.  WooHoo....!!  

This was my question...

Barbara Murray ‏@luvmcdreamy24 Jun
@SylDay Chapter 10 in EWY is the short phone conversation that Gideon has in reference to drawing up the prenup?? Please??
Expand 

And this is what she said!!!  :)

Sylvia Day ~ Author ‏@SylDay
16m
@luvmcdreamy We only know what Eva knows, but I'd guess yes.  :)
Expand 

Love Love these books and this author...!!!!!!!

See my post from today on another thread...

Posted Today, 02:17 PM

Barb55, on 15 Jun 2013 - 10:25 AM, said:snapback.png

So this topic in chapter 10 has been really bugging me, so I have emailed, face booked, and sent several twitter message to Sylvia.  She finally had some spare time LOL and sent a reply.  WooHoo....!!  

This was my question...

Barbara Murray ‏@luvmcdreamy24 Jun
@SylDay Chapter 10 in EWY is the short phone conversation that Gideon has in reference to drawing up the prenup?? Please??
Expand 

And this is what she said!!!  :)

Sylvia Day ~ Author ‏@SylDay
16m
@luvmcdreamy We only know what Eva knows, but I'd guess yes.  :)
Expand 

Love Love these books and this author...!!!!!!!

This is awesome! Thanks for pulling it all together for me. Love Sylvia and this story too! <3

#3528 GiGi

GiGi

Board Master

• Members
  • 3,825 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:48 PM

I agree. When Brett makes an appearance, she(Eva ) seems to lose the plot!

Can you clarify the point about Eva seeming to lose the plot?  I don't understand...If you could clarify that point it would be great.  Thanks in advance. :) 

#3529 Donnad

Donnad

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 500 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:52 PM

I think s*xual partners would be a better word choice.  I'm not sure either Gideon or Eva really had lovers in the past.

Definitely better choice of words

#3530 GiGi

GiGi

Board Master

• Members
  • 3,825 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:52 PM

I really really hope she doesn't cheat ,I've had low grade anxiety about cheating since we came across Brett and he made her feel stuff.Its very tough to predict/relate to the actions of people who have gone through and are as damaged as Eva and Gideon ,Sylvia says she's the narrator so who knows where these two characters will take her but I hope it's not down that road.

I agree but I really can't see Eva or Gideon giving up what they have for a roll in the hay with someone else.  I hate when I really like a character and they take that path.  It leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  I recently read a book where the main character got drunk and ended up in bed, but never did anything, with a guy.  I just couldn't cheer for her anymore.

I really don't think that Eva will cheat.  Look at what she has with Gideon.  Here's a man who loves her unconditionally; flaws and all!  I don't think that she would risk that.  I wonder however if Brett might force himself on Eva and what would happen if Gideon walked in at the wrong moment?  What do you think?  What does everyone think? 

#3531 Donnad

Donnad

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 500 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:54 PM

I really don't think that Eva will cheat.  Look at what she has with Gideon.  Here's a man who loves her unconditionally; flaws and all!  I don't think that she would risk that.  I wonder however if Brett might force himself on Eva and what would happen if Gideon walked in at the wrong moment?  What do you think?  What does everyone think?

They wouldn't cheat but if Brett tried something and Gideon walked in. He will kill again

#3532 Donnad

Donnad

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 500 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:55 PM

[quote name="GiGi" post="20605" timestamp="1372222123"]Can you clarify the point about Eva seeming to lose the plot?  I don't understand...If you could clarify that point it would be great.  Thanks in advance. :)
[/quote

I was thinking the sane thing Gigi Julie please explain

#3533 GiGi

GiGi

Board Master

• Members
  • 3,825 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:57 PM

Your first statement is comforting until I go back for a re-read then I'll pick up stuff and drive myself crazy again.For instance when She told Brett she was going to SD she specified "just me and Cary"why ?Anyway ....totally understand about not being able to cheer for a character that crosses that line it sort of damages the integrity of the character.

Eva was horrified what her mother did. Even though she's not keen on Stanton, it really upset her knowing what her mother did with her father. Trust me. She will be ok in SD. The fan base will go against her if she cheats on Gideon.

I agree.  I don't think that I could cheer for a character who crossed that kind of "moral" line.  That being said, I don't think that Eva will cheat.   She just needs to pluck up her courage a little and deal with Brett.  I think that Dr. Travis will be key in her letting that one go.  What does everyone think?

#3534 julie54

julie54

Board Master

• Members
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:57 PM

Hi Julie,
Do you think that Eva needs to have a face to face with Brett?  Why would she actually need to physically see that man?  What is your reasoning for this?   You are completely on the money about Brett being immature both then and now!  I agree with you.  What does everyone think?

Hi Gigi
She has stopped running. She needs to talk to people face to face, confronting her fears, and emotions. She needs to do this once and for all, for herself. When she is around Brett, part of the old Eva comes forth. This is one of her demons she needs to lay to rest.

#3535 GiGi

GiGi

Board Master

• Members
  • 3,825 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:00 PM

Hi Gigi
She has stopped running. She needs to talk to people face to face, confronting her fears, and emotions. She needs to do this once and for all, for herself. When she is around Brett, part of the old Eva comes forth. This is one of her demons she needs to lay to rest.

Hi Julie, 

I agree that Eva has indeed stopped running.  I wonder what it is that Eva might fear when confronting Brett?  Do you think that it is because of the fact that she wasn't proud of her behaviour back then or do you think that it could be something more? 

You make a good point about Eva regressing back into old habits.  Now I am wondering...:)

#3536 julie54

julie54

Board Master

• Members
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:01 PM

Can you clarify the point about Eva seeming to lose the plot?  I don't understand...If you could clarify that point it would be great.  Thanks in advance. :)

Hi Gigi
Part of the old Eva comes out in her when Brett is on the scene. We are transported back to her old days remembering how good Brett felt. She needs to shake off these thoughts. Moving forward.

#3537 GiGi

GiGi

Board Master

• Members
  • 3,825 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:01 PM

942912_10151505187403457_378495502_n.jpg

What a great title!  I love the photo as well! :) 

#3538 julie54

julie54

Board Master

• Members
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:05 PM

Hi Julie,
I agree that Eva has indeed stopped running. I wonder what it is that Eva might fear when confronting Brett? Do you think that it is because of the fact that she wasn't proud of her behaviour back then or do you think that it could be something more?

You make a good point about Eva regressing back into old habits. Now I am wondering...:)

Hi Gigi
It was like she had no control of her life. She was deeply ashamed,her self esteem and respect shot to pieces. Dr Travis gave her all that back. Brett was unfinished business, she needs to close this deal basically.

#3539 GiGi

GiGi

Board Master

• Members
  • 3,825 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:05 PM

Hi Gigi
Part of the old Eva comes out in her when Brett is on the scene. We are transported back to her old days remembering how good Brett felt. She needs to shake off these thoughts. Moving forward.

Hi Julie, 

Do you think that  Brett has that much of a place in her memories?  If we the readers have learned anything about Eva and Gideon's sex life, it is that is Primal, Explosive and Unlike Anything Else either of these two have experienced with anyone!  I would have thought that Eva's experiences with Gideon would have erased all other past sex partners or lovers.  I could very well be wrong, but who knows.  What do you think?

#3540 julie54

julie54

Board Master

• Members
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:07 PM

Hi Julie, 
Do you think that  Brett has that much of a place in her memories?  If we the readers have learned anything about Eva and Gideon's sex life, it is that is Primal, Explosive and Unlike Anything Else either of these two have experienced with anyone!  I would have thought that Eva's experiences with Gideon would have erased all other past sex partners or lovers.  I could very well be wrong, but who knows.  What do you think?

Hi Gigi
Refer to my last posting, I think that will cover it. :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)