"Captivated by You"

Sylvia Day

I'm posting this here at the community a full day before I post it anywhere else! :)

Now the #1 international bestselling author returns.
The new Crossfire novel by Sylvia Day

Gideon calls me his angel, but he’s the miracle in my life. My gorgeous, wounded warrior, so determined to slay my demons while refusing to face his own.

The vows we'd exchanged should have bound us tighter than blood and flesh. Instead they opened old wounds, exposed pain and insecurities, and lured bitter enemies out of the shadows. I felt him slipping from my grasp, my greatest fears becoming my reality, my love tested in ways I wasn’t sure I was strong enough to bear.

At the brightest time in our lives, the darkness of his past encroached and threatened everything we’d worked so hard for. We faced a terrible choice: the familiar safety of the lives we’d had before each other or the fight for a future that suddenly seemed an impossible and hopeless dream…

Still no release date to announce yet. I know that's terribly frustrating, but things are moving along briskly on the back end! I'll let you all know info as I have it.

Happy Tuesday!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No wsy he would pull away from his angel, something bad is happening any ideas??

I think that it's much easier to shutdown and avoid. Gideon's past is painful and he's going to be hurting and he doesn't want anyone to see him like that. Obviously Eva loves him and wants to help him, but will he let her? Does he trust her enough to let her completely in?

I think that it's much easier to shutdown and avoid. Gideon's past is painful and he's going to be hurting and he doesn't want anyone to see him like that. Obviously Eva loves him and wants to help him, but will he let her? Does he trust her enough to let her completely in?

Boy you hit it for sure!!  I was thinking kind of the same thing.

I agree, this is gonna be Eva's biggest struggle, having Gideon let her "in" so he can finally be at peace with his demons and not just suppress them. Once he's at peace then he can devote ALL of himself to Eva and their relationship. 

I agree, this is gonna be Eva's biggest struggle, having Gideon let her "in" so he can finally be at peace with his demons and not just suppress them. Once he's at peace then he can devote ALL of himself to Eva and their relationship.

Gideon needs the reassurance and validation that he never got from Lizzy. He needs to know that Eva loves him unconditionally, but until he trusts her completely he'll never be totally sure.

I agree "and lured bitter enemies out of the shadows" and the choice she's saying they have to face "the familiar saftey of the lives we had before each other or the fight for a future that suddenly seamed an impossible and hopless dream" its got to be bad for her even to make that statement with the live they have..its a bumpy road ladies hold on. I can't wait for book for now...

I have a theory. I think Captivated by You will be like Reflected In You. This will be the most painful story from Crossfire Series.

And book 5 will be like Bared to You and Entwined with You. The final series will have happy ending so it should be like it.

I agree with this post 100%.

I have a theory. I think Captivated by You will be like Reflected In You. This will be the most painful story from Crossfire Series.

And book 5 will be like Bared to You and Entwined with You. The final series will have happy ending so it should be like it.

I said this similar thing on Facebook!!

Captivated by You is sounding a lot like Reflected in that it is not going to be a very happy book!!!

Sylvia

What a wonderful surprise.

Just spent an hour and a half trying to decipher your message with a fellow Crossfire series fan.

LOVE the first paragraph describing Gideon as "My gorgeous, wounded warrior, so determined to slay my demons while refusing to face his own."

We spent a lot of time trying to figure out who the "lured bitter enemies out of the shadows." could be.

You told us the last two books would focus on Gideon so the idea that "At the brightest time in our lives, the darkness of his past encroached and threatened everything we’d worked so hard for." is not a surprise theme at this point in the series.

I just hope "The vows we'd exchanged should have bound us tighter than blood and flesh." are at the wedding everyone will know about not just the ones they made in private.  I have been concerned since "Entwined With You" that not knowing where the marriage documents are my cause Eva problems if she has to fight for Gideon.  But that is my storyline, not necessarily yours.

Finally I want to thank you for writing the best romance series we have read.  I just started reading the genre in March of this year but my friend has been reading them for six year. It is truly the most "CAPTIVATING". (No pun intended)

PS

Please publish soon.  I am not getting any younger

You are right Kristen.  It sounds like it is going to be a very painful journey for my favorite couple.