"Captivated by You"

Sylvia Day

Sscrp ,while I was reading that last paragraph I couldn't help thinking what is happening that she's being given a choice to leave or try and fight.. The only thing that makes me think everything is going to be ok is she says it SEEMED to be an impossible furture .. but I can't stop thinking was she given a choice by Gideon or maybe threatened by someone. I cantt see Gideon ever giving her up..

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been thinking on the quote since yesterday. One thing keeps hitting me. I have read the back covers of a lot of books over the years. They are always provocative and often exaggerate to get people excited to buy the book. So, I am hoping that the angst we are all feeling is a little hyped. Geez, how much crap can one couple take?

As for Gideon's past---I am thinking Hugh shows up somehow. I think we will learn more about Chris Jr. and his role. Lucas will be more revealed. We will find out more about Angus and that past. Maybe finally find out just why Lizzie wouldn't believe her son. Those kinds of things. Gideon's reaction to all this stuff could be what they clip is about. I refuse to believe that G and E are anything but solid. Eva said she is no longer running. I hope that is true. In the first 3 books Gideon was holding them together. If these last 2 are his story, then I think it will be Eva's turn to keep them working.

Since Sylvia started posting lines on fb, I have been rereading. Up to EWY. Eva was difficult in the first books so I guess it is Gideon's turn. Eva is going to make Gideon face things he may not want to. He will get ######. It will be hard. It I think in the end they will be really together and happy.

Just my take. I cannot stand when they are not solid. (I think I am too invested in fictional characters. Lol)

GLH-when you mention Hugh showing up-do you mean just as part of Gid's memories of his past? Not physically-didn't he commit suicide?

Please Sylvia-Book 4 soon!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been thinking on the quote since yesterday. One thing keeps hitting me. I have read the back covers of a lot of books over the years. They are always provocative and often exaggerate to get people excited to buy the book. So, I am hoping that the angst we are all feeling is a little hyped. Geez, how much crap can one couple take?

As for Gideon's past---I am thinking Hugh shows up somehow. I think we will learn more about Chris Jr. and his role. Lucas will be more revealed. We will find out more about Angus and that past. Maybe finally find out just why Lizzie wouldn't believe her son. Those kinds of things. Gideon's reaction to all this stuff could be what they clip is about. I refuse to believe that G and E are anything but solid. Eva said she is no longer running. I hope that is true. In the first 3 books Gideon was holding them together. If these last 2 are his story, then I think it will be Eva's turn to keep them working.

Since Sylvia started posting lines on fb, I have been rereading. Up to EWY. Eva was difficult in the first books so I guess it is Gideon's turn. Eva is going to make Gideon face things he may not want to. He will get ######. It will be hard. It I think in the end they will be

really together and happy.

Just my take. I cannot stand when they are not solid. (I think I am too invested in fictional characters. Lol)

I do hope HUGH doesn't appear as it will be from beyond the grave !

I think Gideon wounds and past are linked to Lizzie and why she didn't believe her son . Mothers unconditional love and all that!

Looking forward to CBY learning more about Gideon . Now Sylvia listens to the pleads from our forum now we want the publisher penguin to listen and give us a release date !

Gideon needs the reassurance and validation that he never got from Lizzy. He needs to know that Eva loves him unconditionally, but until he trusts her completely he'll never be totally sure.

I don't understand how Gideon cannot fully trust Eva after all they have been through especially with the Nathan situation...

I think Gideon has been there for Eva, he feels her pain. Eva will be there for Gideon, she feels his pain. Their souls are connected. I am confident that Sylvia will give us their HEA. We just have to read all the heartache of Gideon's past, and love will conquer all.

I think Gideon has been there for Eva, he feels her pain. Eva will be there for Gideon, she feels his pain. Their souls are connected. I am confident that Sylvia will give us their HEA. We just have to read all the heartache of Gideon's past, and love will conquer all.

:)

I like that Stella-'love will conquer all.'

I think we certainly can't rule out Drs Terry and Anne Lucas as bitter enemies from the past...maybe Anne Lucas is aware that Gideon may have pushed Hugh over the edge and she will do anything to seek revenge on Gideon for Hugh and herself... Unfortunately this probably involves hurting Eva in some way. :(. :(

Oops. I forgot Hugh died. Shame on me. Maybe there has been so much angst that I can't keep it all straight.

Eva has to be there for Gideon. He killed for her. He has made major changes in his life for her. I don't see her not being there for him. The only one thing he could do that would be a game changer is if he cheated and I absolutely cannot see that happening. It would make the other 3 books senseless. I still think the back cover is a little exaggerated. Please.

Oops. I forgot Hugh died. Shame on me. Maybe there has been so much angst that I can't keep it all straight.

Eva has to be there for Gideon. He killed for her. He has made major changes in his life for her. I don't see her not being there for him. The only one thing he could do that would be a game changer is if he cheated and I absolutely cannot see that happening. It would make the other 3 books senseless. I still think the back cover is a little exaggerated. Please.

GLH I have a feeling that Hugh's son might be involved at some point.  Gideon feels guilty about the suicide and understands how the boy will feel his father deserted him.  I'm thinking the whole family (Anne, Terry & Hugh Jr.) are going to do something. 

Also we know Eva is going to get Liz & Gideon together to discuss the past.  That will bring up memories.

Christopher Jr.  is a problem.  I still believe that he saw what was going on and was threaten by Hugh and/or he was abused too but didn't say anything.

It is funny you said this because several people I talked to feel the same way. 

As I read through it again I'm wondering if Gideon is closing himself off, like going to California and not telling Eva, and she called him on it.  Maybe the confrontation is at Dr. Petersen's office and Gideon does a duck and hide maneuver resulting in Eva telling him something like "It is time for you to talk."  You know Gideon is going to fight her until she brings him through to the other side. He won't give her up but it is probably a difficult journey with terrible nightmares and confrontations.

I agree with you. The journey is going to be difficult but i think they will go on it together. With many heated arguments and lots of sex.

this has been a good week for me.  First Sylvia responded to one of my posts ( the one about renaming books), then we got a sneek peek at the back cover....It is very interesting, but I think we are over thinking things as usual....Old enemies and past might mean Bret and the sex tape and Eva confronting him; Gideon confronting Dr. Lucas and his mother, possibly Chris, Jr.  other ladies from his past (like Deanna)  I believe Eva and Gideon are solid, just outside influences making their lives not so good.....maybe even Corinne.....so many possiblilies.

Now we need to see the cover and also a release date  ( I don't want much do I?)

Happy Wednesday Ladies!!

Hi Jeanmarie, you raise a good point. Remember when Eva ran off after finding the sex toys at the hotel. Gideon was frantic...I believe when she checked her phone while sitting in the restaurant she had 21 missed calls from Gideon. And... they hardly knew each other back then. I am thinking there are so many traumas where Gideon is concerned & now that they are married, Eva can't run off so quickly. Gideon & Eva need each other, we all know that. But I think Gideon is still fearful of losing Eva to "something" in his past. Maybe he's afraid of shutting her out (and I believe she has already addressed this with him. Whatever is in book 4...OMG I think it's really bad. This speculation is torture...we all need book 4 PRONTO!

I had saved an interview that Sylvia gave from June 26, 2013 cause I love the way she answered this question!!

Can you give your readers any nebulous hints as to what will transpire in the next Crossfire novel?

The first 2.5 Crossfire novels were Eva’s story. By the mid-point of Entwined with You, she’s in a good place. Her skeletons are out of the closet, she’s confronted the issues that have plagued her, and she’s made a powerful commitment to support Gideon. That opens the door to the last 2.5 novels being able to focus on Gideon’s story. He really needed her to be strong and stable in order to anchor him through his own healing, and we’re finally there.