"Captivated by You"

Sylvia Day

Totally agree.

I don't think that there is ANY chance that Gideon would ever take his own life.  He feels anger (I am not sure what the right word is) towards his Dad for doing such an act and plus I don't think that he was ever really depressed.  People commit suicide for many different reasons, but depression is usually involved and of all the darkness we have seen that he feels, depression has never really been part of that darkness.  The darkness has been anger, pain, loneliness, sorrow, etc.

Now that he has Eva, he would never do anything to hurt her and killing himself would devastate her and he knows that.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, if you guys put it that way... :(

I do have this nagging feeling that something big is going to happen. For some reason I can't accept the fact that the case is shelved even when Russian mobs were involved. That's some serious stuff right there. And I do wonder who really covered Gideon's back. Yes, Sylvia will definitely deliver the HEA that they deserve (because we've grown to love Gideon and Eva), but not after going through a very very very  tough obstacle (whether if it's his past, Nathan's case, Deanna Johnson's crazy antics, dealing with past lovers, or all of the above).

I'm curious how the couple's love and devotion can tackle these issues head on. That, or maybe I'm thinking about this way too much over a romance novel.

You know what I think?

I think Gideon's past is a lot darker than we think. What he did to Nathan will come back to haunt him, and will come to light sooner or later. The Russian mob is tied to his father and the whole Ponzi scheme and that Gideon might be linked to them. What I think will be interesting is how Gideon will react when the whole world knows what he did. Will he kill himself just like his own father did? If so, will Eva stop him from doing so? Or will he take a different approach? Like father like son ;)

Gideon has already said that he has no ties to the underworld...EWY page #210

Like others have said his past is his darkness and Gideon would never take his own life (at least I hope he wouldn't...anyway that wouldn't give Eva and Gideon their HEA.

Need a snippet or teaser....I need a Gideva fix bad

What if the mob killed Nathan because Nathan had ties, or because they knew some how G wanted Nathan done (maybe angus). They could have acted like they were doing it as a favor but really using it as something to get something from Gideon.

Something big that can happen is Eva getting kidnapped by the mob. That would be sad but the worst of the worst in my opinion.

You know what I think?

I think Gideon's past is a lot darker than we think. What he did to Nathan will come back to haunt him, and will come to light sooner or later. The Russian mob is tied to his father and the whole Ponzi scheme and that Gideon might be linked to them. What I think will be interesting is how Gideon will react when the whole world knows what he did. Will he kill himself just like his own father did? If so, will Eva stop him from doing so? Or will he take a different approach? Like father like son ;)

Hi gellay welcome to the forum and thank you for sparking this discussion the forum has been too quiet! Love hearing everyone's thoughts but I have to say I don't think Gideon would ever kill himself either even more so now that Eva is in his life. Before her the way he dealt with his pain was to block it out by his work 24/7 and in his sexual encounters with no "exaggerated expectations". Lol. I really don't think the story of Nathan will come out. I think GidEva will take that to their graves. I think Clancy and the Stanton camp know what Gideon did but they will not pursue it. The dark days for GidEva will come as he finally confronts his past and his demons and Eva will be there every step of the way. I do think she will use her Krav Maga in some way so that remains to be seen whether it is a real threat such as a kidnapping or on Gideon himself due to the nightmares etc... Just can't wait for the book and Sylvia if you are reading...need a snippet/excerpt real bad !!!! As Victor would say "I'm cryin a river here". :). :).

What if the mob killed Nathan because Nathan had ties, or because they knew some how G wanted Nathan done (maybe angus). They could have acted like they were doing it as a favor but really using it as something to get something from Gideon.

Something big that can happen is Eva getting kidnapped by the mob. That would be sad but the worst of the worst in my opinion.

don't know what version of EWY you read, but in the first chapter it was confirmed that Gideon killed Nathan, the Russian mob tie didn't come in until Chapter 14 when the police said that Nathan's bracelet was found on a guy that was killed by the Russian mob, and that is how Gideon got his "get out of jail free" card, don't know from who yet. Probably from Clancey's brother that is with the FBI; or maybe Monica has ties with the mob....we don't know how she survived with Eva after she was disowned by her family when she decided to go through with the pregnancy, and we don't know when she married husband #1 (Nathan's dad).

No, GIdeon has already confessed to killing Nathan. He told Eva the entire story.

Here's my theory on the whole Russian mob thing: I think Nathan is the one who had ties to the mob, and he owed them money. That's why he was trying to get money from Stanton and Gideon. Once he made arrangements to get the money from Gideon (or so he thought), he told the mob guy that he would finally have the money to pay off whatever debt he owed. So the mob guy came to Nathan's hotel to get his money, only to find him dead. He decided to take the only thing that Nathan had of value...his ruby bracelet. Then, for whatever reason, the mob guy was murdered by his own mob partner later. But Gideon has no ties to the mob.

I don't think G has mob ties either.  He doesn't need them and he is not stupid to get involved with that kind of mess.  I do think Nathan could easily have gotten involved with them via gambling or drugs.  G said he killed N.  We know why the mob killed N.  We do not know why that bracelet ended up on the mob guy.  That I am sure we will find out in CBY.  Perhaps Monica knew mob men from N's dad and that is how N knew them?  Not sure.  I have always felt that Angus had G's back.  Maybe he got a hold of Clancy and between the 2 of them they dealt with N?  

Where is that book already??????

No, GIdeon has already confessed to killing Nathan. He told Eva the entire story.

Here's my theory on the whole Russian mob thing: I think Nathan is the one who had ties to the mob, and he owed them money. That's why he was trying to get money from Stanton and Gideon. Once he made arrangements to get the money from Gideon (or so he thought), he told the mob guy that he would finally have the money to pay off whatever debt he owed. So the mob guy came to Nathan's hotel to get his money, only to find him dead. He decided to take the only thing that Nathan had of value...his ruby bracelet. Then, for whatever reason, the mob guy was murdered by his own mob partner later. But Gideon has no ties to the mob.

I like this theory Kristen...

I'm liking your theory Kirsten !

yes, that is a good theory; but Nathan probably didn't know about Gideon Cross until he saw him with Eva and maybe that prompted him to blackmail Stanton and Gideon for money....also why take the chance to beat up Cary ( he could have gotten caught and put in jail)but then again he probably didn't want anyone with Eva

yes, that is a good theory; but Nathan probably didn't know about Gideon Cross until he saw him with Eva and maybe that prompted him to blackmail Stanton and Gideon for money....also why take the chance to beat up Cary ( he could have gotten caught and put in jail)but then again he probably didn't want anyone with Eva

He had to beat up Cary to prove to Gideon that he was serious and that he wasn't going to take no for an answer. Remember he had to ask Gideon for the cash more than once...the first time he asked for the money he got beat up by Gideon in his office 

He had to beat up Cary to prove to Gideon that he was serious and that he wasn't going to take no for an answer. Remember he had to ask Gideon for the cash more than once...the first time he asked for the money he got beat up by Gideon in his office

Yes this theory is the most plausible one so far in "our" minds; can't wait to read what's in Sylvia's mind!! :). :)

In Chapter 14 Det. Graves said that the mob guy got killed ( on tape) for molesting his daughter

• 3 weeks later...

Hi lady's I just went on to amazon and I put in captivated by you in and it came up with no picture and I date that the book was coming out

In 27 august 2014 i nearly fell of my chair

:(  I did see about a month ago on most European Amazon sites the date was 27 August tbidwell. I decided not to post it here thinking maybe it was inaccurate, but the longer it stays up the more I am thinking it's probably true.

Hi lady's I just went on to amazon and I put in captivated by you in and it came up with no picture and I date that the book was coming out

In 27 august 2014 i nearly fell of my chair

:(  I did see about a month ago on most European Amazon sites the date was 27 August tbidwell. I decided not to post it here thinking maybe it was inaccurate, but the longer it stays up the more I am thinking it's probably true.

Wow!!  Sylvia did say it woud happen fast.  That is only 4 months away if the date holds up.

No date has been set for CAPTIVATED BY YOU. Some of the international publishers have the book in their systems with dates pulled out of a hat because of the way their booksellers work. In order to have the book in their systems at all, it needs to have a date, so they make one up just to put it in the bookseller system. However, ALL publishers are contractually barred from releasing the book before the US does and the US has not set a date for release. Therefore, any dates you see floating around are meaningless. Until Berkley announces a release date and makes the book available for ordering on us.penguingroup.com, there is no release date.

No date has been set for CAPTIVATED BY YOU. Some of the international publishers have the book in their systems with dates pulled out of a hat because of the way their booksellers work. In order to have the book in their systems at all, it needs to have a date, so they make one up just to put it in the bookseller system. However, ALL publishers are contractually barred from releasing the book before the US does and the US has not set a date for release. Therefore, any dates you see floating around are meaningless. Until Berkley announces a release date and makes the book available for ordering on us.penguingroup.com, there is no release date.

Thanks for clearing that up Sylvia.