"Captivated by You"

Sylvia Day

Aaaaaggghhhh! Going crazy here! Reading the back cover of CBY from Sylvia made me dread the book - it sounds so painful! I just really hope that at the end of CBY G & E are in a good place again......as they always have been so far. Having to wait for book 5 with them being apart would not be good. I just get so emotional about these things!

I also think Hugh's son would be too young to be Ireland's boyfriend.

Even though it sounds like Book 4 will be painful I'm hoping they return to the NC beach house for some healing time like in RIY...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone

Just thought " lured bitter enemies out of the shadows." could be people who were harmed by Geoffrey Cross who  have decide Gideon"s seed money my have been their money.

Oooooooooooooo...good one Betty. That didn't even cross(ha ha) my mind.

Well, finished reading the 3 books for the 4th time.  By the end of EWY I was wondering what in the world Gideon is thinking.  We always seem to know what Eva is thinking, so I am hoping Sylvia is gonna give us more insight into G's brain.  I am convinced Anne is pivotal in a lot of ways and Chris Jr. is a major headache for Gideon.  

I am trying to be positive about Captivated.  It cannot be just angst and more angst.  That would be boring. I really think that the back cover is just a teaser and not the whole book.  It just can't be or we will all be so upset.  It wouldn't make sense at all.  

So I am really concerned with Deanna.  She really does give me the creeps.

Hi GLH, I am also concerned with Deanna and I think she will cause problems at some point for Gideon & Eva but I also think Gideon will destroy her. (I'm not yet sure why or how...just a feeling) Have also read the books multiple times or at least found "good parts" to re-read. They are always on my coffee table...I'm like a junkie going through withdrawl here. Hopefully, books 4 & 5 will enlighten us through Gideon's point of view...because you're right we never truly know what's up with him. I also agree the doctors (Anne & Terry) will be brought further into the picture...It still bugs me from book 3(at the end) at the dinner where Anne ran into Eva (or the book said a redhead) & said that Gideon has slept with Deanna many times. Anne is major trouble...more than her husband Terry.

It would make a great Christmas present tears or not or a great New Years Eve read for those who don't party all night!!!

Bite your tongue!  Don't let Sylvia think we can wait that long.  Next week would be better.

I am reading "Seven Years to Sin" to fill in the time. 

PS

I am a member of the READ ALL THREE FOUR TIMES Club along with GLH.  Any other members?

Bite your tongue!  Don't let Sylvia think we can wait that long.  Next week would be better.

I am reading "Seven Years to Sin" to fill in the time. 

PS

I am a member of the READ ALL THREE FOUR TIMES Club along with GLH.  Any other members?

Ha!! Many on this forum have read and listened four times as much or so ; as Gideon would say "Sylvia OWNS us!!"

I'm there. Three reads thru completely and on the fourth read through now. Just finished RIY and started EWY again. Got to say, I've read FSOG 7x also. I will say that since I have started reading this type of book, my hubby has been appreciative and has said he would have saved a lot of money on jewelry had he bought me a few of these books 34 years ago! He bought me FSOG for my birthday 1 1/2 yrs ago! LOL

Ha!! Many on this forum have read and listened four times as much or so ; as Gideon would say "Sylvia OWNS us!!"

CSLOL!!!

PS

Did I forget to tell you I have all three in ebook format and audio and honestly I have lost track of how many times.....That just sounds too addicted so forget I said that!!

I'm there. Three reads thru completely and on the fourth read through now. Just finished RIY and started EWY again. Got to say, I've read FSOG 7x also. I will say that since I have started reading this type of book, my hubby has been appreciative and has said he would have saved a lot of money on jewelry had he bought me a few of these books 34 years ago! He bought me FSOG for my birthday 1 1/2 yrs ago! LOL

Nice to meet a kindred spirit.  Married longer, read FSOG multiple times too but my husband is the opposite he wants me to stop reading and give the time back to him.  So I gave him a new nickname after "a fictional character I have a crush on." He likes the nickname but  he told me I was still reading too much so I told him "You'll get over it."

Which did you like better, FSOG or Crossfire?  For me there is no contest, Crossfire hands down!!

My quote on a different topic last night

Not ignoring any of the new posts but my Ace is calling. I will be back tomorrow.

I guess I am one step ahead

Yeah, Crossfire has caught my imagination. I HATE waiting for sequel books though. Come on CBY and #5.

PS. He won't mind your reading if you act out some of the scenes! LMAO!

Nice to meet a kindred spirit.  Married longer, read FSOG multiple times too but my husband is the opposite he wants me to stop reading and give the time back to him.  So I gave him a new nickname after "a fictional character I have a crush on." He likes the nickname but  he told me I was still reading too much so I told him "You'll get over it."

Which did you like better, FSOG or Crossfire?  For me there is no contest, Crossfire hands down!!

Definitely a Crossfire addict!

Sharon,  let me qualify a little here...  I didn't mean to suggest that Gideon would purposely abuse, but rather that he may have been caught in a nightmare and abused.  Now, the more I think about it, I don't know that I think that at all.  I was not meaning to suggest that Gideon would abuse, not consciously. 

I understand.  I can't see Gideon sharing a room with his brother.  They live in a mansion and I'm sure each child has his own room. I guess it is possible but I don't see it as part of the story.  Hopefully we will know soon. 

Let me just throw this into the mix ........

Do we think that Anne now knows what her brother did to Gideon??  I think her anger is strictly based on being dumped.

No I think Anne is out for revenge because Gideon dumped her when she was ready to leave her husband.

Does anyone think Anne or Dr Terry know that Gideon found Hugh and threatened him?  We haven't received that information.  My guess is the only way they would know is if Hugh left a suicide note.  If he has we haven't seen it yet.

Did Dr Terry confront Hugh after the exam ?  and then would Hugh tell Dr T that Gideon figured out reason for the lies ??  Good question.

We know that Dr Terry knew, but only because Elizabeth went to him for the exam and that he lied to 'protect' Anne and in doing so also protected Hugh - but since he is a kids Dr, how did/does he rationalize allowing an abuser to continually treat kids and abuse them.  It appears he (and Anne) supports all the abuse based charities and is respected in his field.  So lots of contradictions in their live beyond the affair.  Gideon said he understands why he did it because Terry must love Anne as much as Gideon loves Eva.

In regard to Hugh's son, other than Gideon's own guilt over another child damaged by suicide, I don't see any connection.  At this point the secret of Hugh's actions are dead and buried. Agree. 

I understand.  I can't see Gideon sharing a room with his brother.  They live in a mansion and I'm sure each child has his own room. I guess it is possible but I don't see it as part of the story.  Hopefully we will know soon.

I have thought about this a little more as I am reading thru the books again. It occurred to me that Gideon does not seem to know that Christopher may have been abused too. But Lizzie said to Eva that Christopher was there and denied that Gideon was abused. The more I consider this, I think both Gideon and Christopher were abused and neither realize that the other one was. Further, I think that Christopher blames Gideon for his abuse since Gideon's behavior brought Hugh into their lives (even though Christopher was acting up also!). Gideon was about 10 and Christopher would have been 5. Both were manipulated and intimidated by Hugh and are suppressing the events. I think this, besides normal sibling rivalry, is why Christopher so hates Gideon.

One other point... When Lizzie saw her ring on Eva, she freaked out. Do you think Gideon asked her for the ring while the world thought he was back with Corinne and when Lizzie saw it on Eva she didn't know how to handle it?

I like this theory, it could make sense to alot of things. I think the sex tape is going to come out or Gideon is going to watch it because Eva was making such a big deal over him not watching it. I also think one of Gideon's nightmares might spiral out of control because so far Eva has managed to escape unharmed, this could then lead to a number of things going wrong.Also Brett & Eva still have chemistry so I doubt that's going to die out just because she got married, Brett is always her fall back if something is going wrong with Gideon. I also really hope Gideon and Ireland sort their relationship out, it's cute how much she looks up to him. :) These are just a couple of my opinions. :)

Gideon watching the tape of Eva and Brett would definitely push Eva over the edge but Gideon promised her he would not look at it.  Gideon does not lie to her so that would not happen.

Nightmares out of control is a big possibility.

Brett may be a headache but I do not see him as a fall back.  Eva purged him in NC and the Caribbean.  He just does not know it yet.  I think he will be gone in a "New York minute", also known as a very short period of time, to the tune of Bruno Mars' "When I was Your Man".

IDEA

Gideon mets Dr. Travis who helps him like he helped Cary and Eva.

I considered this also, but I don't know that this will happen in the short timeframe that they will be in California.

I have thought about this a little more as I am reading thru the books again. It occurred to me that Gideon does not seem to know that Christopher may have been abused too. But Lizzie said to Eva that Christopher was there and denied that Gideon was abused. The more I consider this, I think both Gideon and Christopher were abused and neither realize that the other one was. Further, I think that Christopher blames Gideon for his abuse since Gideon's behavior brought Hugh into their lives (even though Christopher was acting up also!). Gideon was about 10 and Christopher would have been 5. Both were manipulated and intimidated by Hugh and are suppressing the events.I think this, besides normal sibling rivalry, is why Christopher so hates Gideon.

One other point... When Lizzie saw her ring on Eva, she freaked out. Do you think Gideon asked her for the ring while the world thought he was back with Corinne and when Lizzie saw it on Eva she didn't know how to handle it?

The time for Gideon to get together with Dr. Travis is not limited to the initial California trip.  Remeber Gideon can go to California anytime he wants.

Gideon's behavior did not bring Hugh.  Christopher's imitation of Gideon at dinner when he was five (chapter 18 in Reflected in You) put Gideon in therapy. There was no indication that Hugh ever treated Chritopher or spent anytime with him.  I think all the things Christopher told Eva (in chapter 19 in Reflected in You) over lunch are the only things that make him hate Gideon. Someone mentioned child abusers tend to only like a certin age so Chritopher would be too young.

I think Christopher was spying on Gideon, saw what was happening with Hugh and told his mother Hugh did nothing to get Gideon in trouble for lying about his therapist because he disliked his older brother that much at five.

I do like your idea about the engagement ring.

OMG not more heartache im re-readin 4 the 8th time at the mo. Cant wait 4 Captivated By You 2 b released after readin that can c tears while readin. Hope they do have their happy ever after they deserve it xxxxx

Hi Christina Hart,

Welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy yourself.  :)

Let me just throw this into the mix ........

Do we think that Anne now knows what her brother did to Gideon??  I think her anger is strickly based on being dumped.

Does anyone thnk Anne or Dr Terry know that Gideon found Hugh and threatened him?  

Did Dr Terry confront Hugh after the exam ?  and then would Hugh tell Dr T that Gideon figured out reason for the lies ??

We know that Dr Terry knew, but only because Elizabeth went to him for the exam and that he lied to 'protect' Anne and in doing so also protected Hugh - but since he is a kids Dr, how did/does he rationalize allowing an abuser to continually treat kids and abuse them.  It appears he (and Anne) supports all the abuse based charities and is respected in his field.  So lots of contradictions in their live beyond the affair.

In regard to Hugh's son, other than Gideon's own guilt over another child damaged by suicide, I don't see any connection.  At this point the secret of Hugh's actions are dead and buried. 

Great questions Fsumom!  Now I have to sit and think...:)

Wow Im already teary eyed and its just the back cover.  I feel like Im gonna be sobbing hard when the book comes out (hopefully before end of this year , Sylvia has been posting a lot of Crossfire quotes lately)

So I was wondering that the actual wedding is happening in Captivated By You .. eeeeeek that really makes me giddy . I hope its release soon..

Hi AceGrossfire30,

Welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy yourself.  :)