"Captivated by You"

Sylvia Day

I have a theory. I think Captivated by You will be like Reflected In You. This will be the most painful story from Crossfire Series.

And book 5 will be like Bared to You and Entwined with You. The final series will have happy ending so it should be like it.

Yes I was worried that Captivated by You would be dark and I guess this confirms it...OMG I can't wait much longer for this book!!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for thinking of us and for the post Sylvia!!!

I said this similar thing on Facebook!!

Captivated by You is sounding a lot like Reflected in that it is not going to be a very happy book!!!

Boy I hate to admit it but I felt the same way.

As I read the previous 3 back covers I didn't feel the anxiety as I do with the one from CBY.

I just hope "The vows we'd exchanged should have bound us tighter than blood and flesh." are at the wedding everyone will know about not just the ones they made in private.  I have been concerned since "Entwined With You" that not knowing where the marriage documents are my cause Eva problems if she has to fight for Gideon.  But that is my storyline, not necessarily yours.

I don't see how this can be an issue Eva can request a copy of her marriage license from the Caribbean government.  Besides Angus wants Gideon and Eva happy so he will see she gets them if needed.

They're fighters, and survivors so I have so much hope for them Sharon.

Me too.  I just remember how I cried reading the interrogation scene when Eva & Gideon were hurting so badly.  I think there are going to be a lot of these scenes in this book.  I do hope Sylvia keeps with her tradition, and at least ending with a hopeful last paragraph.

Me too.  I just remember how I cried reading the interrogation scene when Eva & Gideon were hurting so badly.  I think there are going to be a lot of these scenes in this book.  I do hope Sylvia keeps with her tradition, and at least ending with a hopeful last paragraph.

I just got choked up with the reminder of that scene Sharon. I'm going to have my tissues ready. :)

I posted a message to Sylvia that we are killing her characters and only she can save them with some information.  I wonder if these means we have to stop our little game? :-)

The more info Sylvia gives us will slow down our character killing because we will be tooooooo busy commenting and analysising her titbits of Captivated By You!

Hopefully the publisher will have a release date soon.

It's my birthday on 15th a release date would be a lovely present !

Thanks for thinking of us and for the post Sylvia!!!

Boy I hate to admit it but I felt the same way.

As I read the previous 3 back covers I didn't feel the anxiety as I do with the one from CBY.

I know me too :(

BettyY37, on 01 Oct 2013 - 10:51 AM, said:snapback.png

I just hope "The vows we'd exchanged should have bound us tighter than blood and flesh." are at the wedding everyone will know about not just the ones they made in private.  I have been concerned since "Entwined With You" that not knowing where the marriage documents are my cause Eva problems if she has to fight for Gideon.  But that is my storyline, not necessarily yours.

I don't see how this can be an issue Eva can request a copy of her marriage license from the Caribbean government.  Besides Angus wants Gideon and Eva happy so he will see she gets them if needed.

Hi Sharonm745

My imagination can conjure up a lot of scenarios where the records may not be readily available....misplaced by hotel staff, fire at the records office, destroyed by Christopher, misfiled by accident by a government emplyee, etc. as well as the circumstances where Angus cannot help.  All would be feasible in the real world as well as a work of fiction.  My comments were just my stream-of-consciousness, my sense of a possible dramatic plotline

As I have stated before, Sylvia will take us where she wants but this forum allows us to play with what she has given us and to say thank you for the ride.

PS

A happy ending has never been in doubt for me!

Thank you Sylvia for giving us die-hard fans your little gem of a preview. We needed this so badly (as you can see by reading these threads). Some people are nervous about the quote, but personally, I feel that it's too soon for a happy ending and have faith in you & your writing to make all of us happy by the end of book 5. You create such depth in your main charactors & we love them as if they were real people. A little drama makes the books interesting and if everyone were happy at this point we might be posting that the books were too passive or lacked life. I look forward to the upcoming troubles of Gideon & Eva...they love each other too much to give up on one another and there is no one else out there for either of them. I hope the publishers are in printing mode soon...I neeeeed book 4. Thank you for writing a great series.

Thank you Sylvia for giving us die-hard fans your little gem of a preview. We needed this so badly (as you can see by reading these threads). Some people are nervous about the quote, but personally, I feel that it's too soon for a happy ending and have faith in you & your writing to make all of us happy by the end of book 5. You create such depth in your main charactors & we love them as if they were real people. A little drama makes the books interesting and if everyone were happy at this point we might be posting that the books were too passive or lacked life. I look forward to the upcoming troubles of Gideon & Eva...they love each other too much to give up on one another and there is no one else out there for either of them. I hope the publishers are in printing mode soon...I neeeeed book 4. Thank you for writing a great series.

Here, here!!  Thank you Sylvia...

I don't think anyone is nervous in a bad way.  We all know the happy ending will be at the end of book 5 we are just curious about the journey.  It seems to me the anxiety most of us feel is concern for Eva & Gideon.  As far as the people on this forum we love Sylvia, her books and these characters in particular.  I don't believe one of the long time members feel anything but joy that we have this snippet.

I think that it's much easier to shutdown and avoid. Gideon's past is painful and he's going to be hurting and he doesn't want anyone to see him like that. Obviously Eva loves him and wants to help him, but will he let her? Does he trust her enough to let her completely in?

Thank Kirsten for this, well said, I hope he does trust her, he has always said he trusts her with his life and she completes him so I am hoping he will let her in bit by bit but it will be hard for Eva as she will want to know more but he can only go at the pace he is happy with.

I long for them to have their HEA as well

This is what bothers me about the quote ; how can their vows expose old wounds and insecurities. Gideon is the one that wanted those vows more than anything and he piece of paper for the security of it. I just can't wrap my head around this quote and I have felt unsettled all day. I know it's just a book but it really bothers me. What do you all think?

One "old wound and insecurity" may be exposed by Gideon's mother.  When she sees Eva's engagement ring, she is not happy.  Elizabeth told Eva 'I won't let you take him (Gideon) away from me," in chapter 23 of Entwined with You.  We know Gideon was hurt by his mother not believing him.