Aftershock ....Spoilers!!!

Ok ladies! What do we all think?

I loved it! Couldn't stop once I started. I want more!! lol.

Love Gia and Jax! Gia is amazing, so is her family. I really don't like Jax's family...Ted is his brother or cousin? I don't remember.

The fighting was great! I wanted more answers tho. The fact that Jax knew how many guys Gia had been w/ is a little creepy, I would've like for her to push for more answers to that.  And why did he wait so long to try and get her back? If he'd been keeping tabs on her since he left, and had the apartment in NYC for year.

I like that we found out that Gia did try and contact him....w/ the phone calls and email. He can't be mad at her for not trying more, I don't think.

I'm glad to know Lei and Ian's story too. I was hoping that Lei hadn't done anything wrong.

I also like that things worked out well w/ Chad...too bad Stacy was so selfish.

And then there's Deanna. Oh boy oh boy. LOVE how Gia handled her! I wonder what she had to do to not get the story published...it cost her her job. Maybe she said it was false?  Either way...she's def not good people. So, I'm a little worried for GidEva...unless this happened before, and she's now learned her lesson? Probably not tho.

So happy Jax left the family business.

A book w/ Gia's brothers would be awesome!

Ok. Lets chat!! We gotta keep busy til CBY!  :)

Loved it couldn't put it down and now got both books in audible format!

Could have more of Gia and Jax .

And the Rossi bro a book of them would surely be a hit too.

And now that aftershock / afterburn are out we're one step closer to being reunited with that other special couple we all love. Gideon and Eva surely will have a release date soon .

As always Sylvia great writing even although it was so short you capture our attention right to that last page and have us wanting more!

I wanted to get the full effect of both books, so I re-read Afterburn then read Aftershock.

It was packed with sexy and sinful and I really enjoyed reading both of them, even though they were short.

Sylvia is such an awesome writer it just leaves you with wanting more and more. (How about a story for Vincent)

Now, for that HEA for Gideon and Eva!!! That's what I'm waiting for now.

I wonder if Gideon will take Eva to a little intimate Italian place he knows in Brooklyn where they won't be recognized; perhaps Rossi's?

Or could it be that Gideon is acquainted with Jackson?? I can't wait to read if Sylvia will "entwine" the two stories... :). :)

They are another great couple would definitely love to hear more.  And now we know that Deanna is a 100% pure B*tch !  I checked back and when she first me Eva in condo lobby she interduced herself as a 'freelance reporter' so that sounds like she had lost her job and looking for her next tabloid feature - dirt on Gideon !   I think there probably a good chance the 'boys' know each other, those young, rich, extra hot ones seem to frequent the same functions.  And wouldn't it be great if Gia and Eva could double team and whip D's butt.   

They are another great couple would definitely love to hear more.  And now we know that Deanna is a 100% pure B*tch !  I checked back and when she first me Eva in condo lobby she interduced herself as a 'freelance reporter' so that sounds like she had lost her job and looking for her next tabloid feature - dirt on Gideon !   I think there probably a good chance the 'boys' know each other, those young, rich, extra hot ones seem to frequent the same functions.  And wouldn't it be great if Gia and Eva could double team and whip D's butt.   

Yep.  

These men absolutely would travel in the same crowd.  Similar ages/  Similar fields.  A double date would be great and Eva would so love another girlfriend.  Gia and Eva would  get along.  It would be fun even if Gia and Jax only made cameos.  Did I not read where we would be meeting more of Gideon's friends in Book 4?  Maybe Jax is one of them?  How cool would that be.

I was not nuts for Jax at the end of  AFTERBURN.  But I love him now.  A great guy.  My only complaint is that the story seemed rushed.  I am used to more plot but I get that this was for a special reason with very strict limitations.  Maybe we will see more of Gia and Jax in a full length book?

Yes, I definitely think that Jax and Gideon run in the same circles too. And Gia and Eva would really get along! They both love their jobs, food, and their men. Plus they both hate Deanna! Lol. Maybe these are the friends that get invited to the party Eva wants to have?

It would be great if they were in the Crossfire Series too..

Good point in that Deanna says she's freelance now Fsumom...

How great would it be if Rossi's made a cameo in the books too! Lol.

Ok...come on CBY! :) We don't just want more GidEva...we want more Gia and Jax! hehehe

I enjoyed reading both Afterburn/Aftershock.....that said....I agree with the rest of the forum that the ending of Aftershock seemed too rushed. They have that agrument concerning what she had Deanna do, Jax asks her to leave then asks for forgivenss and sex of course. Then Angelo and him get into a fight and they both leave her behind for 2 weeks with not a word...strange. Then suddenly she is in DC and Jax is leaving most of the family behind except for Rutledge Financial then the abrubt ending then epilog.

Gia was a little naive about having a reporter look into the history of Jackson and then be shocked that the reporter would want to run with the story to make money; but Gia did come up with a good plan to make her stop. Deanna likes it dark and rough, just like our Gideon :(

I liked both stories, but would have liked a few more answers and longer story.

CBY can't come soon enough

Hi Sylvia! If you read this, I've got a quick question.....

The Afterburn/Aftershock in Target advertises extra content. Is it the letter from you in the front and then the q&a in the back? Or is there more story?

Thanks! I've bought both books in ebook, but I noticed the book at Target today and couldn't help taking a peek :)

Loved it btw!  :)

I too thought it was creepy that Jax knew how many men she had been with since he left (Gia also knew how many women at least he had been with ), but if he was ok with those two, why did he not want her to be with Chad? What made him finally come back into her life, hopefully not only to screw up the deal they had going with the Williams' twins. So many unanswered questios and I believe that is the end of their story.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...