One with You

Gaia

Hi MS  MAC... After seeing Henry Cavill present an award at the Oscars I don't even think he is right for the part anymore. You are absolutely wright about the actor needing to be "buff" and the right height but ALSO with a commanding presence...But as we saw from Fifty Shades whoever they choose will definitely not please everyone!! 

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sylvia describes Gideon as leanly built, and to me Cavill doesn't look lean (his chest is pretty big).  With Fifty Shades it seems to me a lot of actors were wary of taking on such a part, Jamie does his best and the fact he seems to have facial hair in the follow ups somehow makes him seem more the character (no idea why I feel that way as of course there was no facial hair in the book).  Whoever plays Eva needs to look 24 and be 5'3" tall and Gideon needs to be around 28 but able to look more mature and be 6'2" tall - or if either person chosen is plus or minus an inch then the other must also be.  Some of the actors suggested by people on Facebook are only 5'8" to 5'11" - the actress would then have to be really short. 

It's going to be difficult to cast Gideon, Eva may be easier as there are a lot of young blonde actresses.  But whoever plays Gideon has got to be able to show a poker  face a lot of the time, have a commanding stature, be able to wear a suit in such a way that no-one else around him looks as good. 

My own idea of Gideon's body is David Gandy's - as he's not an actor there's no way I see him playing the role (and these days although in the flesh he looks fine, on camera he tends to look older which wouldn't work) but when I read the physical description of Gideon's body it was David's I imagined (although with more abs than David has). 

Sorry if I'm a bit pedantic there but Sylvia's descriptions of her characters are really good and are important - Gideon really has to be played by someone who does make people look twice when they see him in the street, in a restaurant etc. 

Keep the suggestions coming as there's a lot of US actors I don't know about - I don't have access to Sky etc. where the US series tend to be broadcast.

I had a chat with jmhope on the Who do you see playing Gideon and Eva site and we both saw on Grey's Anatomy (Thursday evening) the actor was Scott Elrod who has the most gorgeous eyes was tall extremely good looking and buff in his scrubs, had a poker face and in my opinion had a commanding stature, but according to his bio he's 40. If you ms mac, sscrph and D500 get a chance to check him out I would like to hear what you think. Getting closer to OWY 24 days!! So excited.

It will be sad that it's the final book but I'll have the entire series and will be able to read it over and over and over again to get my Gideva fix.

I am well aware not everyone will be pleased when it comes down to the series.  I know Henry Cavill is a little thick in the upper body lately (he's playing Superman) he needs to be built for the roll.  I mentioned Henry because he was always Sylvia's first choice.  Who I did mention was Richard Madden.  He resembles Henry Cavill (slightly)  dark hair, amazing blue eyes etc.  I really don't have a choice at this time but Richard Madden seems to fit the description.  I am sure there are a lot of actors out there that I am not aware of that would fit the roll.  Eva's roll will also be hard to fill.  Gideon and Eva must have striking good looks to make the average person look twice.  

I mentioned Fifty because many people were disappointed.  The reviews were not good.  I think  many people saw the picture more for the nudity.  I like Jamie I have seen him in other rolls and he is a good actor.  I thought his roll a Christian was a little flat.  I envisioned Christian a little more powerful, that's all.  Dakota (thats another story)  In the first chapter of the book, in his head he thinks she is breathtaking.  Dakota is no where near breathtaking.  I just think actors who were more right for the roll just did not want anything to do with the film.  I am far from an expert on any of this but I think if there is going to be a movie/tv series the book description should be as close as possible.  The writer went to great lengths to write specific characters.  I feel when characters are  brought to life, casting should do a better job filling those demands. 

This is just my honest opinion.  I am not looking for any arguments.  We are all entitled to have out favorites.  I would just like to seen the character come off the page and not try to figure out who the character is because I don't recognize them.   Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions for Gideon or Eva would love to see who else is out there that would bring these characters to life.

D500    I love David Gandy.  He is quite the handsome man.  But I agree he looks too old.  I think he is early thirties but he does look older.  

But he will always be Ethan Backstone to me.  I you have not read the series by Raine Miller, the Blackstone Affair (3 books)  Naked, All In & Eyes Wide Open.  There are also some connecting books with spin off characters.  They are a good read.

OK, I think I said more that enough.  Waiting patiently for One with You.

Please do not shoot the messenger.  This is all in good fun.

Keep the ideas coming.  Just checked out Richard Madden - he's only around 5'10" unfortunately, but he's 29 which is the right age range - I don't watch Game of Thrones but can get my hands on a copy of Cinderella so I can see how he looks on film. 

Ms Mac - I've read some of the Ethan Blackstone novels and Ann Marie Walker & Amy K Rogers' Chasing Fire series whose hero was also based on Gandy.  Some of Sylvia's descriptions of how Eva saw Gideon (e.g. one where he is asleep on the bed, partially covered over and leg stretched out) did seem to fit modelling photos I've seen of Gandy.

I agree over Dakota, I thought she did fairly well as Ana but she does not have the looks that we expected from the written description.  Plus they couldn't cover every nuance of the story in a film so the film was never going to reflect the book itself.  Glad Sylvia signed with a TV company as there's more chance of most of the story being covered.

Also looked at a google image search of Scott Elrod - he's facially a little like Henry Cavill.  But sadly being 41 probably not going to look right as a 28 year old but he is 6' 2".  I ran a google image search and there's one of him without a shirt and the body looks fine.  I did the same for Richard Madden but there were no shirtless pictures.  The actor must have a good body as that is a part of Eva's attraction to Gideon.  I see Scott was in Argo which I have somewhere so will also watch that to see how he is on film.

One problem with older actors, Lionsgate has not announced any production start date.  Many form members in the past have stated they would prefer multiple seasons to match multiple books.  If so, five books could equate to five years.  An actor in his forties may be close to fifty by the time the project is done.

Saw Stafford Douglas in a TV show today.  With his hair falling on his forehead, he reminds me of Cary.

Just finished rereading CBY when Gideon finally tells Dr Peterson about his abuse he said it lasted about a year so some of my questions were answered. Now I need to find out how it stopped. Gideon would have been 11/12 years old not old/big enough to fend off Hugh

36 minutes ago, jmhope said:

Just finished rereading CBY when Gideon finally tells Dr Peterson about his abuse he said it lasted about a year so some of my questions were answered. Now I need to find out how it stopped. Gideon would have been 11/12 years old not old/big enough to fend off Hugh

I'm sorry I don't remember what your questions were, I'm glad you got some answers. If I remember correctly Gideon wasn't built he started working out after the abuse ended and is faithful even now working out.  Hugh had tremendous power over him so Gideon wouldn't be able to fend him off. Also it said that Hugh had magazines on the back of the toilet with women who I thought sounded like they looked like his mother and Corrine did you get that same feeling? If so I wonder if that will be also addressed in OWY. 

14 minutes ago, patricia-ann said:

I'm sorry I don't remember what your questions were, I'm glad you got some answers. If I remember correctly Gideon wasn't built he started working out after the abuse ended and is faithful even now working out.  Hugh had tremendous power over him so Gideon wouldn't be able to fend him off. Also it said that Hugh had magazines on the back of the toilet with women who I thought sounded like they looked like his mother and Corrine did you get that same feeling? If so I wonder if that will be also addressed in OWY. 

Yes I got the same feelings why Gideon had a preference for willowy brunettes. My questions were how long the abuse lasted and most of all HOW the abuse stopped. 4/5/16 can't get here soon enough. Also wanted to know why Elizabeth still wants to deny that anything happened 

file_272655_1_Roman_Reigns-e138602744172My daughter found this man Roman Reigns (WWE) this is who she pictures as Gideon but with hair to his shoulders.

6 minutes ago, jmhope said:

Yes I got the same feelings why Gideon had a preference for willowy brunettes. My questions were how long the abuse lasted and most of all HOW the abuse stopped. 4/5/16 can't get here soon enough. Also wanted to know why Elizabeth still wants to deny that anything happened 

It makes no sense why she still denies it and why didn't she tell Chris? 23 days woo hoo!!

Yes, that was one of the best parts of CBY is when Chris sr. confronted Elizabeth and Dr.whatshisname? Loved that he stood up for Gideon... He had another child in the house too when the abuse occurred! 

I still picture Henry cavil as Gideon :) but the actor from Cinderella looks great too!

Did anyone see that Sylvia posted asking what we thought about Deannas actions?

I think she took it too far. She was a one night stand ... She pursued him... How scorned  could she be? You gotta be a little off to take it so hard... It's not like he publicly embarrassed her. I guess she used it as fuel for a possible juicy story. Idk, my thoughts.

Wish I could make it to Mohegan sun next month. Have fun whoever is going !

The teasers are great so far... Chapter one is going in a direction I was hoping for....-poor Victor????- and Eva seems determined to fix things. So much needs to happen and get answered!

9 hours ago, Nathalia said:

Yes, that was one of the best parts of CBY is when Chris sr. confronted Elizabeth and Dr.whatshisname? Loved that he stood up for Gideon... He had another child in the house too when the abuse occurred! 

I still picture Henry cavil as Gideon :) but the actor from Cinderella looks great too!

Did anyone see that Sylvia posted asking what we thought about Deannas actions?

I think she took it too far. She was a one night stand ... She pursued him... How scorned  could she be? You gotta be a little off to take it so hard... It's not like he publicly embarrassed her. I guess she used it as fuel for a possible juicy story. Idk, my thoughts.

Wish I could make it to Mohegan sun next month. Have fun whoever is going !

The teasers are great so far... Chapter one is going in a direction I was hoping for....-poor Victor????- and Eva seems determined to fix things. So much needs to happen and get answered!

I checked out Henry Cavill I like him for Gideon definitely has the look.  I saw that posting about Deanna, she was a one night stand she wanted something more than what it was. She was touching Gideon on the arm and Eva saw it at the gala (after their marriage) then she shows up in in office to inform him about Corinne's book flirting with him I don't trust her.  I am going to Mohegan Sun I don't know anybody else that is going from these chats.

I love the teasers, I can't wait for more.  I feel bad for Victor too, but Eva will fix it and the favorite men in her life will be friends, in my opinion.

Yes Deanna has gone too far.  What did she expect from being "picked up"?  Like Eva said in EWY you are giving casual sex a bad name. If Gideon took all the women (2 times a week no repeats) to his f**k  pad, how did he get them not to talk. Sign a NDA? Remember he is THE Gideon Cross

Deanna - according to  Gideon he used her to keep Anne Lucas  from approaching him.  'She was a mistake in every sense.  She made herself available once, and I make it a rule to avoid overly eager women a second time.'  Eva recalled how he had handled his relationship with her after they first had sex, shutting down and shutting her out, leaving her feeling used and worthless.  Gideon also mentioned he barely said more than a dozen words to her altogether.  That sounds like she was hanging around when Anne was there, Gideon picked up on the fact she was available and as they seemingly didn't speak much, they may well have gone straight to the f*ck pad.  He obviously was not really into her so when the phone rang he took the call and got himself out of  the situation of having to have sex of some kind with Deanna (possibly with toys) just because she had made herself available.

So if Deanna  did make herself available in that way with someone who had a reputation for rarely going with the same person twice, what the heck did she expect?  She's a journalist so must have been aware of who he was and his reputation.  Now, of course, as a journalist, she has the ability to investigate and 'publish the dirt'.  She's pushing the violent thing - we know from his thoughts that he was more depraved with Anne than other women (not that he lets Anne know she was anything different to the others) and that makes me think that Deanna has talked to Anne, whether as a patient or as a journalist we don't know - but as his relationship with Anne is not known by most, to me it seems likely that Deanna has been Anne's patient and maybe somehow Anne has said something to Deanna about Gideon?

And I too wonder how, if Gideon really has been with so many women, other than rumours of him being dark, no-one has said anything about what he got up to at the f*ck pad.  The fact he didn't always have penetrative sex with the women would be something that might have been discussed - he must have been picking up women who moved in the same circle a lot of the time.  The main thing that was known was the preference for brunettes, particularly Corinne who is very like his mother.  Also consider that Maggie was with him a lot of the time, she was the one Eva discovered in photos with Gideon when she first googled about him, yet Maggie doesn't let anything slip other than his attraction to brunettes (Corinne). 

We know from Afterburn/Aftershock that Deanna will stoop low in her journalism career.

5 minutes ago, BettyY37 said:

Does anyone know which Lifehouse song Gideon sang to Eva at the karaoke club in Captivated by You?

Hanging by a Moment

19 hours ago, patricia-ann said:

file_272655_1_Roman_Reigns-e138602744172My daughter found this man Roman Reigns (WWE) this is who she pictures as Gideon but with hair to his shoulders.

It makes no sense why she still denies it and why didn't she tell Chris? 23 days woo hoo!!

And why, when Chris confronted Gideon's mother over the abuse, did he then leave her?  They've seemingly had a long, presumably happy, marriage up to this revelation.  Chris's reaction to the information was great, confronting Lucas and thumping him.  But walking out on his marriage - one wonders exactly what reasons Elizabeth gave him for not having told him what happened, and as someone else mentioned, there was another child on the premises (that of course could be what he flung at Elizabeth and made him walk away . . . . )

D 500,

I absolutely agree with you... I remember Deanna telling Eva that Gideon has a dark side. How would she know that after one encounter that had been interrupted? My guess is Anne Lucas... When Gideon confronted Anne at her office in CBY, he told her she was one among many. He later admitted to himself she was the only one that he had treated so depravely. Deanna did not have that much of an encounter with Gideon to know his dark side.  So yes, I believe Anne and Deanna are definitely scheming together.

Deanna and Anne are most definitely scheming together in my opinion.  I don't think Deanna should have a 48 hour exclusive window for their wedding photos, again I don't trust her. I believe Gideon considered Maggie a very good friend nothing more or physically attractive to her, (I think it was mentioned that she was a family friend) Maggie wanted more that's why she kept her hair long like Corinne's.  Maggie said in BTY that she was waiting for Gideon for when he was ready to settle down that's why they never had sex (said to Eva at the gala in the bathroom).  In EWY at the gala after Eva confronted Elizabeth and was on her way back to the table she spotted Deanna in her seat and muttered "Are you kidding me?", Anne said "She must  be great in bed. He f***s her a lot."  where would Anne get that from that it's a lot? Anne was his only repeat. Any suggestions?