One with You

Gaia

Problem solved about my IPad kindle (my own fault). After meeting with Sylvia Day last evening she explained (DID NOT GIVE ANY SPOILERS) that the series was originally suppose to be 2 novels but as she was writing Gideon and Eva spoke to her and she knew it would be more being 5. She said that she took them as far as she could help them the rest is up to them. She was such an inspiration to everyone in the audience, very pleasant and personable in my opinion.  Upon reading some of the comments above I am still hoping for a happy ever after, so I am now home and will read, I am starting chapter 6 and then will reread slowly. I will not be reading the spoiler until I am finished. I hope I am strong enough not to peek.

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, sme said:

Yeah, Patricia-Ann!

If you wanna discuss and see what others are thinking about this last book .. go there please! There you are free to post whatever you want .. about the beginning or ending or open questions, your feelings and so on .. ;)

See you there .. :)

sme

Perfect unfortunately I am at work so I'll be there tonight probably after 5pm est. I really loved having these discussions I have never done anything like this before, I feel like I have a new circle of friends I will be sad when it stops. 

1 hour ago, Nathalia said:

Just got my copy ... I'm almost afraid to read it because I don't want to be disappointed ! Very nervous I won't enjoy it ????

Don't read any reviews, not just because of spoilers but because you need to read the book with an open mind and I suspect some of the reviews are 'coloured' by what other reviewers have said (including a few who haven't even read the book but are posting reviews!!).  You need to make your own mind up about the actual content, the writing is as excellent as ever and there are twists and turns. 

And then pop over to the spoilers thread and join in. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am wondering what this is about, but probably just that a count down to Gideon's birthday was a reasonable way to publicise the song release.  Don't forget if you buy the song via iTunes you get a booklet (not sure what that will be as the digital booklet is usually the artwork of a cd so will include details of the songwriter, singer, possibly the musicians involved. 

8 hours ago, D500 said:

I am wondering what this is about, but probably just that a count down to Gideon's birthday was a reasonable way to publicise the song release.  Don't forget if you buy the song via iTunes you get a booklet (not sure what that will be as the digital booklet is usually the artwork of a cd so will include details of the songwriter, singer, possibly the musicians involved. 

also I read in her sylviaday.com website that if you bought the kindle version thru Penguin that you would later receive the song.  Don't know how that works, but she did say more info to come.  I'll wait and see

I bought the iTunes song and the booklet is a photo of Sylvia, the lyrics, a few sentences from the book leading up to Brett singing and a few words from after he sang.  When I pre-ordered the price was £1.49, last night before my download was available the price had dropped to 79p but I was still charged £1.49 - Amazon usually only charge you what the price is on the release day, iTunes are not sokind .

If you bought the audiobook from audible you should be able to download a fresh version including the song, ditto if in the UK and you bought the e-book from Penguin you get a version with the song.

The web site was updated today and neither of those are yet available.

I guess US readers are not getting the song as the US contract with Penguin is ended.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2016 at 10:34 AM, D500 said:

I bought the iTunes song and the booklet is a photo of Sylvia, the lyrics, a few sentences from the book leading up to Brett singing and a few words from after he sang.  When I pre-ordered the price was £1.49, last night before my download was available the price had dropped to 79p but I was still charged £1.49 - Amazon usually only charge you what the price is on the release day, iTunes are not sokind .

If you bought the audiobook from audible you should be able to download a fresh version including the song, ditto if in the UK and you bought the e-book from Penguin you get a version with the song.

The web site was updated today and neither of those are yet available.

I guess US readers are not getting the song as the US contract with Penguin is ended.

I was able to listen to it on YouTube in the US 

• 2 months later...

I know from reading reviews that people felt a lot of questions raised throughout the books had not been answered.  I believe there were 'hints' in One With You about some of those answers (such as it does look like Eva is going to work for Gideon as he involved her in the lunch meeting/Gideon confronted his mother and accepted the fact that she would never change).  Some of the questions may well be answered in the proposed book(s) about Ireland so I am not worried about what happened to Anne, Dr Lucas, Corinne, whether Tatiana had the baby or Cary and Trey made a go of it as they are not the main characters and personally I didn't mind not continuing with their storylines.

But there were some things to do with Gideon and/or Eva that maybe ought to have been explained. 

The first one in my mind relates to Angus -  Gideon says 'Angus had been the one to anchor me.  He never doubted me.'  So Angus knew what happened to Gideon.  Gideon was close enough to Angus to have him as the only friend at his wedding.  At one point in One With You Angus tells Gideon it would be good for him to have family and Gideon's thoughts are 'For years, Angus had been all I'd had,  And he'd been enough'

So yes, we know Angus knew what happened but I would have expected a few words to explain how he knew and what action he took to help Gideon at the time.  I'm sure there are other small, but important, points that we all still feel an explanation is needed. 

• 2 years later...