Today every time I log in to this site my password is not recognised and I am having to request a password change.  The site is logging me out when I close the web browser tab down and when I come back my new password is not recognised and I have to request a re-set again.

Anyone else experiencing this?  (It's happening on my iPhone and on my computer).

Edited by D500

Still happening for me today, thought I'd better keep on reporting this in case admin wonder why I keep asking for a password re-set, it is getting frustrating as it's not that easy to think of new passwords (five so far since yesterday morning).

And again today, 18th June.  I've cleared cookies and browsing history just in case that is affecting logging in but no difference (I am not having a problem with any of my other forums although none of them use the same software as this, and I am assuming that no-one else on here is having the same problem.

Edited by D500

• 2 years later...

Hi - just checked what I wrote to admin when this happened and my issue was resolved the next time I logged in, it was when the forum was being changed to the new style so  that that may have been preventing me logging in.

Try clearing cookies and browser history.  If that still doesn't work try a different browser - I'm using both Internet Explorer 11 and Microsoft Edge (with Windows 10) and not had problems since I wrote that message.

Simplest thing is to download a product called ccleaner which will remove cookies etc (but you can tell it which cookies you want it to keep) and will also clean up your computer .

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

Just download the free version.  Once the program is on your computer close your internet browser, run the program and click the analyse button which will show you a list of what it can remove.  That will include temp files, some temp system files etc.  Don't actually click the run button but look at what it is offering to clean up and double check if you want all that removed.  Untick anything you don't want removing - there's one tab for systems on the computer and another tab for your programs and if you use Office (Word, Excel) and don't want to lose the list of the last few files you had open untick those.  The beauty of this program is you can pick and choose what it removes which I find better than using the internet explorer/edge settings.

I run this quite frequently but I don't use it to clear cookies unless I need to so clear them the first time you run the program (you will probably then have to sign in to most forums, websites again) but next time you run the program just untick cookies and history so they remain.

Once you are happy with what it is going to remove click the 'run cleaner' button and it gets rid of all the rubbish you don't need.