* * One with You -- SPOILER THREAD * *

admin

4 minutes ago, sscrph said:

Betty Im not sure what you mean in your post please elaborate.

3 hours ago, BettyY37 said:

Having read the entire series from beginning to end during the past week, I wonder after finishing the fifth book for the second time if the whole story was outlined in 2012

Sorry, couldn't get both quotes to copy through.

I think Betty is asking had Sylvia planned the storyline fully back in 2012 when this began (although I believe she began writing this in 2011??) - I'm sure I read that Sylvia hadn't planned the whole story and it was evolving as Gideon and Eva spoke to her.  This will be why, when she was writing Reflected in You she realised it would take more than three books to tell the story as Gideon's side needed more explanation than could be fitted into one book and there was still some way for Eva to go. 

We knew there were hints about Monica and her background so it was no surprise to me when that began to be revealed, huge shock that she was killed and that the shooter was after Gideon (haven't re-read that part and won't till I reach it again but was he trying to shoot Eva as that would hurt Gideon more than actually shooting Gideon, and did he think Monica was Eva as they looked similar?).  I realised Eva was not right after being knocked out when Gideon and someone else fell on top of her to protect her, sort of understood why Gideon chose to protect her and allow her to recover from that by letting her sleep and only tell her the bad news in the morning - and yes, as someone else said, I wonder if he saw his father after he had been shot and didn't want Eva to remember her mum after being shot (we weren't told where she was hit but I presume Gideon would know if it was messy). 

We need to remember we are getting the story from Eva and Gideon's point of view rather than from a narrator.  I've read (not sure if on here or in reviews on other sites) that some felt not enough time was given to Stanton's grief, but the chapter the funeral was contained within was from Gideon's POV and I think that was when the detectives turned up and Gideon was in a different room going through Monica's back story so we lost the opportunity to find out any more to do with Stanton.

I may be wrong, I may change my mind, some may see more than I did or whatever, quite happy to have other points of view.  I'm trying not to dip into other parts of the book but re-read chronologically so am not checking the facts.

And yes, I too would dispute that photo of Gideon as all the clues in the other books were very much that he behaved in public.  He may have been on his own with those two women at the Cinq de Mayo and the photographer may have sneaked a way to get the photo, but even so it did seem very unlike him.

Lots of people are posting that the book does not have closure because of the things we did not learn but how could we learn about Cary's baby when the book ends around 7 months (?) before the baby is due?  Mark and Stephen's wedding is still some way away, there's not been time for Corinne/Deanna to actually write the book and although Anne Lucas has been arrested, Gideon and Eva are on honeymoon and are not bothering to check in on the news of where she stands.  Gideon had words with his mother, realised she would never change so what more could be done there?  Christopher was coming round to liking Gideon but for Gideon he still has to learn to accept others into his life, he's only just begun on that path.  But lovely to see his relationship with Chris and Ireland going well.  And Angus.

Everyone loves Lucky though.  :)

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Rogue said:

This is a conversation between Gideon and Eva in a VIP section of one of his clubs. There he is afraid of being overheard simply discussing sex, but a few months before he was supposedly performing sex acts on 2 women in a similar environment! 

"I can't get you alone for more than a few minutes at a time." - G
"Because the only thing you want to talk about is what you have to do to get laid!" - E
"Christ, Eva," he hissed, squeezing my hand. "Keep your voice down!" 

This is definitely one of those doesn't make sense moments that someone mentioned earlier. A book editor should have caught this. This is also what makes that dual bachelor party an unnecessary part of this book.

6 hours ago, sscrph said:

Favorite Angus quote of the book: "Let's not muck it up this time lad..."  ???? 

Yes! Together with the "Too pretty for your own good... Hard to say nay, when you're randy, and they're lifting their skirts." =) =) =)

4 hours ago, BettyY37 said:

Having read the entire series from beginning to end during the past week, I wonder after finishing the fifth book for the second time if the whole story was outlined in 2012

Yeah...

3 hours ago, Stelladeer said:

Would anyone like to hear what Sylvia has to say about the comments on her fan community site (not including amazon or goodreads)?  

Yes...I would definitely like to know.

3 hours ago, D500 said:

Regarding past hints of a bdsm type when Gideon phoned Eva to tell her the dog had woken him from a nightmare she said maybe the dog couldn't sleep through the noise Gideon was making and his response was 'I feel the sudden urge to take you ver my knee and spank you, angel' her response 'Try it, babe.  Se what happens' and him thinking 'I knew what would happen.  She was the one who couldn't see it, yet.'  ?????  We didn't find more out than that (unless I find anything in my re-read).

Yes, I was thinking the same...

54 minutes ago, Rogue said:

This is a conversation (from Bared to You) between Gideon and Eva in a VIP section of one of his clubs. There he is afraid of being overheard simply discussing sex, but a few months before he was supposedly performing sex acts on 2 women in a similar environment! 

"I can't get you alone for more than a few minutes at a time." - G
"Because the only thing you want to talk about is what you have to do to get laid!" - E
"Christ, Eva," he hissed, squeezing my hand. "Keep your voice down!" 

This part of the book really frustrated me. There was no need to contradict a message that had been reinforced throughout the 4 previous books to create drama betweenGideva. It was just so unnecessary. Especially as Eva would likely have had a similar reaction to something more innocent like a woman straddling and kissing him,which would have been more realistic and true to his character. 

yup...

43 minutes ago, D500 said:

Lots of people are posting that the book does not have closure because of the things we did not learn but how could we learn about Cary's baby when the book ends around 7 months (?) before the baby is due?  Mark and Stephen's wedding is still some way away, there's not been time for Corinne/Deanna to actually write the book and although Anne Lucas has been arrested, Gideon and Eva are on honeymoon and are not bothering to check in on the news of where she stands.  Gideon had words with his mother, realised she would never change so what more could be done there?  Christopher was coming round to liking Gideon but for Gideon he still has to learn to accept others into his life, he's only just begun on that path.  But lovely to see his relationship with Chris and Ireland going well.  And Angus.

But why the build-up of everything, and then not include it? Didn't even realize, that we're missing Mark and Stephen's Wedding as well...=/

I actually thought, that it was just me, who was missing all these points/issues/whatever, and was at first a little bit frightened to write my "review"...but, seemingly, I'm not the only one...

And after reading "all" of your thoughts, and that it wasn't just  me...anyone else got the feeling,that some parts just feel like someone else wrote them? And not Sylvia? Like the "don't act in public"-thing and then the picture of Gideon in the nightclub--> Maybe we were all wrong, and maybe, just maybe it does make sense and we were just wrong, ok.But IF not, IF we were right about it: Would Sylvia really make such a mistake?

Re that business about the inconsistency of Gideon "tagging" those ladies in the VIP section, but then a short time later shushing Eva for talking  to loudly about getting laid - I've always felt that it was Gideon telling Eva to keep it down that seemed odd and sort of inconsistent with his persona, rather than him fooling around with some wild women at a wild party. There were at least a couple of times he referred to indulging aggressive women like that time in SoCal when he was on his way to Brett. 

3 hours ago, ah2406 said:

I had a lot of issues with this book. I absolutely loved the first 80% of this book until Monica died then I felt like it was rushed and we didn't see Eva go through any sort of recovery process. I didn't find the way that she reacted to the news believable. Her and her mother didn't always get along but she was still her mother. I was expecting more of a reaction from her especially after the way she handled other emotional moments in the books.

There wasn't enough time after Monica's death for things to be completely explained. Monica's backstory seemed rushed and confusing and I had to read over it a couple of times before I understood.

I also agree that there was not enough from the background characters. I wanted to see Cary's reaction to fatherhood and Mark and Steven's wedding etc. I felt that we saw a lot less of these characters in OWY than we did in any of the other books and that frustrated me because they were important to Gideon and Eva's story. 

I don't usually review books or write in forums like this but the ending to this book has just left me feeling frustrated. I feel slightly cheated by the ending as it is a romance series and I though that something as dramatic as Monica's death drew away from that. 80% of the book was the lead up to Gideon and Eva's wedding, which I personally was really excited for, and then it never even happened. 

The Epilogue was also very bittersweet for me. I enjoyed it because Eva and Gideon got there happy ending but it just wasn't what I was expecting. I wasn't bothered about the baby thing but I just wanted closure. I feel like we didn't get that. It was only two weeks or so after her mother died and it was like it never happened. Maybe I need a reread of the ending as I was too angry about Monica's death to take it all in.

And is it just me or did anyone want to see Monica and Victor get back together?

I did love it. However I don't think I will be rereading as I have done multiple times with the others.

Hi again! Yes....I think the whole Monica  thing just ruined this for me. It was another add to the drama of their lives that I felt the book didn't need! I'm not a writer, I don't know what the process is or what the publishers expect, but I just don't see why it was there! I loved the first two books in this series. It got me hooked on Sylvia's writing and so I read her other books... Afterburn/ Aftershock I loved and hope she'll expand on ! I was actually really hoping Jax and Gia would make an appearance in this book! Tied in w/ Arnoldo or something. I don't mind Eva's response to her death so much...she was in shock. But really, idk how she could move on(or it seemed) so quickly w/ her mother just passing. Gideon's reaction to her death and how he felt it was his fault, and how he thought it would affect Eva really touched me.  I do like that Gideon told her about Monica's past and gave her the journals quickly. He didn't keep it from her.

I didn't want Monica and Victor together b/c I didn't think it would either one happy in the end. But seeing where she came from, it frustrates me that she didn't go back to Victor after Nathan's dad when she had the money to fund her sister's care. Idk, Monica and that drama I just could've done without. IMO

I'm going to have to do a re-read and maybe take notes this time.

10 hours ago, Nrock said:

I agree about the whole Monica business being a spoiler to the ending, along with the fact that the whole storyline of it was waaaay over the top and unrealistic. Maybe its only purpose was shock value. I, too, felt bad that Stanton's agony was practically ignored, especially after all he did for Eva, Monica , and even Cary. That still bothers me. 

The other "surprise" that didn't come together for me was the stalker entwined with Gideon business. Lord knows there were plenty of people who had reason to have grudges against the Cross family and could have been manipulated by Anne in a way that made more sense. People maybe less prominent than the Landon family - I thought that line was handled really well, and it didn't need a neat tie up, because it would continue to be a sort of chess match between Gideon and Ryan. 

Can't help feeling that, especially since most of us liked the majority of 5,  by the last quarter of the book Day just wanted to finally get things wrapped up and move on with her writing life. There has been continuous pressure on her to hurry up and get a move on - with each of her books, but especially this last one. And again, it's a tribute to her imagination and abilities that we've hung in so long and are still here digging into the story. I know I still have areas I'd like to hear about and have things to say and questions to ask. 

I felt the same about Monica Nrock :(  

I didn't mind the Landon thing not being tied up either. Same w/ the Cary situation. His situation wouldn't affect GidEva...or harm them really. Not like Anne, Deanna and Corrine possibly may.

12 hours ago, sscrph said:

I agree with all of your points Sharon and another scene that I absolutely hated in the book besides the dual bachelor parties was when Eva popped into Gideon's office after he had just found out about Deanna being the ghostwriter...Eva seemed to have a little tantrum and Gideon acted like a spoiled billionaire child also. As I was reading this I was thinking "what is this?"  Gideon and Eva never act like that in front of others...even Scott was there to witness it. Maybe  in private but not even  that ...I just thought that scene was so ODD ...

I would go as far to say that Monica's death was the ruination of the book for me. As Sharon said it put an end to all of the storyline that had been building up in the previous 400 pages. At the end of the day it was supposed to  be a romance novel  not a crime story; VERY  DISAPPOINTING ...     :(

I'd love to read this book again with an alternate ending...   :)

Good point about he office scene! They were acting odd w/ and audience....people who worked for him!

I just don't understand why so many characters were introduced and their part of Gideon's and Eva's story was not concluded. Brett situation I guess was done. Glad to not have heard from him. Except when he texted Eva about Monica. That's fine.  I understand leaving things to our imagination, but why bring in the mess of people and drama and issues if you won't tie them up in the final book? :(

Cary/Trey/Tat...doesn't bother me.

Corrine, I want to know that she's gone and so is her book.

Deanna, job/no job?

Anne, prison?

Victor...I thought it odd to work for Gideon..but whatever. Glad he'll be near Eva.

I am rereading it slowly, I am not sure how I want to comment.  But yes I love Lucky too.  I wanted a HEA and I received it. D500, sscrph,  jmhope, Nathalia, and BettyY37 I truly enjoyed chatting with you, I have been reading all of the comments (welcome to the new/newer members as well). I am not done I just don't know what to say, I will probably as I go along.

1 hour ago, Nrock said:

Re that business about the inconsistency of Gideon "tagging" those ladies in the VIP section, but then a short time later shushing Eva for talking  to loudly about getting laid - I've always felt that it was Gideon telling Eva to keep it down that seemed odd and sort of inconsistent with his persona, rather than him fooling around with some wild women at a wild party. There were at least a couple of times he referred to indulging aggressive women like that time in SoCal when he was on his way to Brett. 

That is true Nrock he did refer a couple of times to 'turning the tables' on sexual predators. However there is a vast difference between shushing Eva for talking too loudly and fingering a woman in public while sucking on another woman's exposed nipple.

I mean this is a man who is recognised pretty much everywhere he goes and photographed on a very regular basis and ok he is in a VIP section of (likely his own) club but that still does not in any way ensure his privacy. At the very least his friends and likely the ladies that they are entertaining are there so there was at no time a guarantee of privacy, in fact it is unlikely that there was even the illusion of privacy! And actually the presence of the photographer Hall(?) makes it unlikely that the VIP section was specifically reserved for Gideon's party that night. It just seems wildly inconsistent with his character to me. A man fiercely protective of his privacy (at least before Eva)... 

I'm trying to think good thoughts about the series as a whole  - accentuating the positive, I guess to overcome my disappointment. Here are some of my thoughts:  lots of sympathetic and memorable characters, (though not too many nice women I have to say), and it's interesting our different favorites.  

Some of you may remember that kill off a character game we played a couple of years back?  I wonder how the lineup would work out now. Sounds like Lucky might be right before Gideva.

Of course we all love Angus, and he just kept getting better and better. But I have to confess kind of a jones - if that is the correct expression - for Raul.  Three scenes. First I love how he passed on Eva's eff you message when Eva refused Gideon's ride to the airport, then that little scene on the plane when Cary raises his voice to Eva in shock at her announcement. The way Raul just slightly turns his head in their direction, doesn't over react, doesn't need to say a word, but you know his attention has never wavered from Eva, however unobtrusive he is, and I loved his reaction to seeing Brett with that Golden double - "Awkward." All he needed to say and it was perfect. 

Then Arash.  New heart throb. If Eva ever gets her spanking, I'll bet it's after teasing Gideon past his limits with Arash. Arash better watch it, too!  

Gideon and Eva were both really lucky in their therapists also - both so warm and believable. Don't know much about that kind of talk therapy, but I thought their advice/discussion/personas were really well done. 

Then Brett. I don't think anyone really agrees with me, but I think there was an abrupt change in his portrayal by the author. I think he was first shown as genuinely very fond of Eva and regretful of his treatment of her, though still somewhat cocky and immature. And I always felt that Eva kept leading him on, even though she was supposedly trying to come to terms with her past relationship with him. But by the third book he seems mean,spiteful, and dog in the manger-ish in actions and attitude. The idea that he was willing to take some advantage of that sex tape was really despicable. Maybe his portrayal was a natural progression , but it never felt quite fair to me. 

I realize I've maybe gone on a little too long here.  Would love to hear some other people's feelings about good/bad characters. 

Has anyone seen on Twitter from the Trident Media Group (that Sylvia Retweeted) saying that they are thrilled that St. Martin's Press has announced they are going back to press on Sylvia Day's One With You ok maybe I am still tired but I am wondering what it means is it possible that there will be a novella?

Hello all .. short-time lurker, first-time poster.  I hope there is room in the disappointed boat because that is where I am. If there isn't room I'll gladly jump to the very disappointed boat.  I agree that Lucky, more Angus, Gideon's work with his therapist and Christopher softening were good points but after that, the good was few and far between.

I will save you the list because most everything I disliked has been mentioned BUT I would like to say I found myself literally barking at my Nook saying "why isn't anyone going to assist, support Stanton. "

I really found this to be bothersome - as if Eva and Cary had become so self-absorbed they couldn't find the time to help murdered Monica's adoring husband who supported and helped them numerous times. The continuity of character in this book was deeply flawed.

Another thought I had too was as if this last book was more written for the TV mini-series rather than for the avid book readers.  All the petty fights, the destination bachelor/Bachelorette parties and the completely "ridonkulous" Monica backstory had me thinking Sylvia was writing for ratings not readers.

I will spare you my thoughts on the unfinished storylines, Gideon's prep to hire Victor - with a special aside about doing his daughter in the limo! - and another annoyances.

Thank you for your entertaining posts - It's been a ride!

Too many inconsistencies with this book compared to the last four books.. that the editor, SYLVIA, didn't pick up on...such as...

1. They way Gideon acted around Monica and Stanton when they spent the weekend together. Yes he probably didn't want to be hugged, but annoyed they were calling by his name instead of his last name???? When he met Victor, he was attentive and present in the conversation. He wanted to make good impression.  Yet with her mom and Stanton, he acted like a brat.  So unlike him from previous books.

2. He would never had agreed to separate bachelor/ette parties. He couldn't let Eva and Cary go to Vegas without flying with him.  And Gideon showed up in San Diego (Captivated by You).  So sending her to another continent is so out of character for him.

3. The photo that went viral of him in his VIP lounge...as per my previous posts..those acts never would have happened in a public place. Too risky .  F#$% pad only.

4. The scene in his office in front of Arash then Scott and other employees...so out of character for both.

5. The way he spoke to her after they returned from Rio.  He told her to stop nagging? WHAT??? He never spoke to her like that even if he was joking.  And calling her a grumpy angel. Never heard him speak like that...thru 4 books...never!!!!  I know it's not horrible or abusive...just isn't the way he speaks to her...especially after that photo of him had just been released. He be attentive and careful.  So unlike him. And she wanted to F$%k him in his suit , cause she says she had never done that before??? OH YEAH SHE DID. In her room in the book Entwined with You. (i'm too mentally drained to look for exact spot so if i'm wrong let me know...lol) I'm sure it was the morning after their first night together since their "break up".

6. She gives him the dog.. a gift from his Angel.. and yes, I get he wasn't thrilled to have a puppy, but to hear him worry about his "priceless rugs"...... I feel not a Gideon thing to say. In Entwined to You he wasn't worried about her scratching his Ashton Martin....a very exspensive car, but rugs... really???

7. To make the decision to have her dad be her body guard??? I love my Dad, but to have in involved in my day to day dealings and then witness intimacies between me and my husband on a daily basis...no thank you.  He made decisions for her that ultimately will cause him trouble down the road. 

8. In the epilogue, he tells her something about finding a job (not sure exact wordage as only read the book once) because he doesn't want to hold her back...that was a cough out.  Give us something substantial...they broke up for a bit over him wanting her to leave her job...I didn't want a small blurb about it in epilogue...and yes I know she MAY work with the foundation but not definite.  And really wasn't it just an offer to show up to functions that Gideon couldn't attend?? No office, no workplace comradely. No friends to lunch with. He setting himself up for a very unhappy Eva soon.

9. The way it ended left me thinking that this couple still have a lot of issues to work on cause Gideon definitely getting the upper hand and Eva just along for the ride. (exactly what she didn't want to do...or be).  She's his arm candy now. She losing herself in him....just what she was afraid of.

10. He's a young, hot business man worth 12 billion. Where is his entourage of security? Angus? Rauol?  That's it? Never heard him mention plain clothed security detail till this book.  Why not have that on Eva when Nathan was a threat? But to only have three guys?? I bet the writers of the T.V. series will have more security on them both, to make it more realistic. 

11. Stanton all alone.  No one thought to check on him.  Get in touch with Clancy to make sure heisok. (since Stanton wasn't answering the phone). My God.. the way he protected Eva's history and paid for her apartment, and the way he loved her mom.  They ignore him? Leave to deal with this alone (perhaps Martin is there).

12. The Victor and Monica love story ... how everything she did, she did for love ?  Well why didn't she go back to the love of her life after she divorced Nathan's dad.  She would have had lots of money.

28 minutes ago, patricia-ann said:

Has anyone seen on Twitter from the Trident Media Group (that Sylvia Retweeted) saying that they are thrilled that St. Martin's Press has announced they are going back to press on Sylvia Day's One With You ok maybe I am still tired but I am wondering what it means is it possible that there will be a novella?

May just be another print run of the book, UK Amazon had run out yesterday.  I saw the tweet and tried searching for information but found nothing.

1 hour ago, Cyrus1 said:

Hello all .. short-time lurker, first-time poster.  I hope there is room in the disappointed boat because that is where I am. If there isn't room I'll gladly jump to the very disappointed boat.  I agree that Lucky, more Angus, Gideon's work with his therapist and Christopher softening were good points but after that, the good was few and far between.

I will save you the list because most everything I disliked has been mentioned BUT I would like to say I found myself literally barking at my Nook saying "why isn't anyone going to assist, support Stanton. "

I really found this to be bothersome - as if Eva and Cary had become so self-absorbed they couldn't find the time to help murdered Monica's adoring husband who supported and helped them numerous times. The continuity of character in this book was deeply flawed.

Another thought I had too was as if this last book was more written for the TV mini-series rather than for the avid book readers.  All the petty fights, the destination bachelor/Bachelorette parties and the completely "ridonkulous" Monica backstory had me thinking Sylvia was writing for ratings not readers.

I will spare you my thoughts on the unfinished storylines, Gideon's prep to hire Victor - with a special aside about doing his daughter in the limo! - and another annoyances.

Thank you for your entertaining posts - It's been a ride!

If this book were written as the prelude to the TV mini series then it was even more "ridonkulous" to kill off Monica because she could have had great storylines in the TV SERIES... Imagine her having to run into Victor on a regular basis or just be that nagging presence in Eva's new marriage...the possibilities could have been endless... :(

1 hour ago, shan12 said:

Too many inconsistencies with this book compared to the last four books.. that the editor, SYLVIA, didn't pick up on...such as...

1. They way Gideon acted around Monica and Stanton when they spent the weekend together. Yes he probably didn't want to be hugged, but annoyed they were calling by his name instead of his last name???? When he met Victor, he was attentive and present in the conversation. He wanted to make good impression.  Yet with her mom and Stanton, he acted like a brat.  So unlike him from previous books.

2. He would never had agreed to separate bachelor/ette parties. He couldn't let Eva and Cary go to Vegas without flying with him.  And Gideon showed up in San Diego (Captivated by You).  So sending her to another continent is so out of character for him.

3. The photo that went viral of him in his VIP lounge...as per my previous posts..those acts never would have happened in a public place. Too risky .  F#$% pad only.

4. The scene in his office in front of Arash then Scott and other employees...so out of character for both.

5. The way he spoke to her after they returned from Rio.  He told her to stop nagging? WHAT??? He never spoke to her like that even if he was joking.  And calling her a grumpy angel. Never heard him speak like that...thru 4 books...never!!!!  I know it's not horrible or abusive...just isn't the way he speaks to her...especially after that photo of him had just been released. He be attentive and careful.  So unlike him. And she wanted to F$%k him in his suit , cause she says she had never done that before??? OH YEAH SHE DID. In her room in the book Entwined with You. (i'm too mentally drained to look for exact spot so if i'm wrong let me know...lol) I'm sure it was the morning after their first night together since their "break up".

6. She gives him the dog.. a gift from his Angel.. and yes, I get he wasn't thrilled to have a puppy, but to hear him worry about his "priceless rugs"...... I feel not a Gideon thing to say. In Entwined to You he wasn't worried about her scratching his Ashton Martin....a very exspensive car, but rugs... really???

7. To make the decision to have her dad be her body guard??? I love my Dad, but to have in involved in my day to day dealings and then witness intimacies between me and my husband on a daily basis...no thank you.  He made decisions for her that ultimately will cause him trouble down the road. 

8. In the epilogue, he tells her something about finding a job (not sure exact wordage as only read the book once) because he doesn't want to hold her back...that was a cough out.  Give us something substantial...they broke up for a bit over him wanting her to leave her job...I didn't want a small blurb about it in epilogue...and yes I know she MAY work with the foundation but not definite.  And really wasn't it just an offer to show up to functions that Gideon couldn't attend?? No office, no workplace comradely. No friends to lunch with. He setting himself up for a very unhappy Eva soon.

9. The way it ended left me thinking that this couple still have a lot of issues to work on cause Gideon definitely getting the upper hand and Eva just along for the ride. (exactly what she didn't want to do...or be).  She's his arm candy now. She losing herself in him....just what she was afraid of.

10. He's a young, hot business man worth 12 billion. Where is his entourage of security? Angus? Rauol?  That's it? Never heard him mention plain clothed security detail till this book.  Why not have that on Eva when Nathan was a threat? But to only have three guys?? I bet the writers of the T.V. series will have more security on them both, to make it more realistic. 

11. Stanton all alone.  No one thought to check on him.  Get in touch with Clancy to make sure heisok. (since Stanton wasn't answering the phone). My God.. the way he protected Eva's history and paid for her apartment, and the way he loved her mom.  They ignore him? Leave to deal with this alone (perhaps Martin is there).

12. The Victor and Monica love story ... how everything she did, she did for love ?  Well why didn't she go back to the love of her life after she divorced Nathan's dad.  She would have had lots of money.

I think the reason that Monica never returned to Victor was because since he was in law enforcement he would have been suspicious about her shady past and she was probably trying to protect him from the embarrassment that would occur if her crime was ever discovered...any thoughts...but then again this is another example of one of the storylines that just don't make sense ????

2 hours ago, patricia-ann said:

I am rereading it slowly, I am not sure how I want to comment.  But yes I love Lucky too.  I wanted a HEA and I received it. D500, sscrph,  jmhope, Nathalia, and BettyY37 I truly enjoyed chatting with you, I have been reading all of the comments (welcome to the new/newer members as well). I am not done I just don't know what to say, I will probably as I go along.

It was nice  "chatting " with you also.  I probably won't read the Blacklist until both books are out. It reminds me of afterburn/aftershock.  I read the excerpt for too close and Gideon was sorta mentioned "he was now the most eligible bachelor since ? Just announced his marriage.

i wish we were happier with OWY

I have always thought at some point Victor would move to New York and I thought he would work for Gideon in one of the hotel chains as director of security or corporate director of security. To even suggest he be Eva's body guard and to look the other way when they fool around is simply preposterous. No matter how long you have been married no father wants to go there with his daughter. My first thought of course was EWE. The only good thing to come out of this is that Victor and Cary would probably move in together and Cary could have a constant parent figure especially now that Monica is gone...

22 minutes ago, jmhope said:

It was nice  "chatting " with you also.  I probably won't read the Blacklist until both books are out. It reminds me of afterburn/aftershock.  I read the excerpt for too close and Gideon was sorta mentioned "he was now the most eligible bachelor since ? Just announced his marriage.

i wish we were happier with OWY

I just read that excerpt and I see where he was mentioned. I never read afterburn/aftershock. It is good and are more books suppose to be out or did it stop at the two? The way I'm looking at the Blacklist Series is I probably will wait until all books are released the waiting makes me too anxious so I'm thinking it will be at least two years before there is a second book and then longer if there are more. I can only speak for myself that I prefer to have all book readily available (like the calendar series and fifty shades except for Christians POV which is driving me crazy waiting).

Like I said I am rereading OWY slowly maybe I will feel better don't get me wrong I loved they had a HEA but I'm greedy and wanted more.

32 minutes ago, sscrph said:

I have always thought at some point Victor would move to New York and I thought he would work for Gideon in one of the hotel chains as director of security or corporate director of security. To even suggest he be Eva's body guard and to look the other way when they fool around is simply preposterous. No matter how long you have been married no father wants to go there with his daughter. My first thought of course was EWE. The only good thing to come out of this is that Victor and Cary would probably move in together and Cary could have a constant parent figure especially now that Monica is gone...

I agree with you. I felt Raul should be her bodyguard (if I needed one boy oh boy I would pick him).

1 hour ago, sscrph said:

If this book were written as the prelude to the TV mini series then it was even more "ridonkulous" to kill off Monica because she could have had great storylines in the TV SERIES... Imagine her having to run into Victor on a regular basis or just be that nagging presence in Eva's new marriage...the possibilities could have been endless... :(

It sure did feel like a prelude... Monica now has a twin sister, who has not been seen in years.  Anything can happen on a TV series.

13 hours ago, sscrph said:

Why is it each time I've posted since I added the original quote, it has re-appeared in the reply box when I return to the site hours later?  I'm stuck with a quote in every reply I make, that I don't want!

Anyway - on to my comment for this morning

I've not read much overnight so nothing yet to add re the story.

TV Series - from some of the things written overnight, are some members thinking the tv series covers more than the books?  I assumed it would just cover the story we have read and end as the books have, but (and here I may have interpreted what was posted incorrectly) some are writing as if the series will continue so we learn more there??

I shall be out most of today so will catch up later.  Have a lovely day everyone.

10 hours ago, shan12 said:

This post addresses point #9...remember in EWY when Gideva hooked up on the floor of the Crossfire under construction? They fooled around in someone's future corner office?  Most of the forum agreed that this was probably Eva's future office...this would  have been the perfect opportunity to put Eva's mind at ease and solidify her decision to leave WF&L. Gideon prepared this place for her on a different floor of the Crossfire away from him and she would know that she was definitely more than arm candy... On a positive note I loved how Gideon always mentioned that her missed her being in the Crossfire... :)

1 hour ago, Sandra_1705 said:

I also think it's brain-damage, not brain-dead, because it was mentioned, that Monica wrote her letters and that Katherine was able to talk- just in a "childish"-manner...

Yes it is brain damage sorry my mistake...my point was that there is not alot of storyline in a TV series for this type of character ...

I believe she has brain-damage because like Sandra_1705 said Monica wrote her letters and Katherine spoke in a childish manner.

As for the scene in CBY on the tenth floor I believe it was Eva's future office where she would be running Crossroads.

11 minutes ago, sscrph said:

Yes it is brain damage sorry my mistake...my point was that there is not alot of storyline in a TV series for this type of character ...

Mistakes happen I have made a few in my posts haha in my opinion you don't need to apologize. I am not so sure a TV series will be anytime soon maybe a couple of years from now I don't know.