Complete list of songs from the Crossfire books

When I started reading the Crossfire Series, I decided to write down a list of all the song's mentioned in each one of the books and I made a playlist out of them on Youtube. Someone has already done this to an extent before but there were songs missing. Anyway here is the list of songs mentioned in all of the Crossfire books along with the link to the playlist:

1. Chasing Pavements-Adele
2. Come Fly With Me-Frank Sinatra
3. What A Wonderful World-Louis Armstrong
4. Mercy-Duffy
5. Rehab-Amy Winehouse
6. Without You-Hinder
7. Sexyback-Justin Timberlake
8. Hanging By A Moment-Lifehouse
9. Brave-Sara Bareilles
10. Ave Maria-Barbara Bonney
11. Collide-Howie Day
12. Possession-Sarah McLachlan
13. Golden-Six Ninths
14. I've Got You Babe-Sonny and Cher
15. Only The Good Die Young- Billy Joel
16. (I've Had) The Time Of My Life
17. Diamonds-Rhianna
18. Uptown Girl-Billy Joel
19. At Last-Etta James
20. At Last-Beyonce
21. Journey's Greatest Hits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08DjMT-qR9g&list=PLiilsLdXh3SE20WM-SyTsmvz9gAzLB2PS

You seem to have a lot of time on your hands.  I do too sometimes.....I am almost finished re-reading the Crossfire Series for the fifth or sixth time. 

I still have some unanswered questions.  In OWY (after the debacle with Monica's back story) a sneak peak into the Black List was provided, that was 2 years ago, what is taking Sylvia so long in writing these books, in previous communications it seemed that they were almost finished. 

While the gang was in Rio and Ibiza why did only Monica, Cary and Eva have visas to go to Brazil and not  Shawna and Megumi?  And I still don't understand why Eva would loose her job if Mark chose to leave WF&L?  Just doesn't seem fair to the employee, what if Mark was fired>?

Seems like Sylvia has a lot on her plate, what with a story featuring Ireland and follow ups on the Crossfire series.  Really hated the ending to OWY.

We also never found out how Gideon had that fantasy about a sex swing - not sure if I fully understood his sexual history but up to Eva I thought all his sexual encounters were in that hotel room (and by that I mean full sex encounters as obviously that photo with the two women was not the full deal); that with Ann he went had flogged her and used the sex toys and if I am right Deanna had expected to be treated like that and was disappointed not to be????????  But he was ashamed of how he had treated Ann, realising it was because she was so like Hugh it was more punishing him.  He was also not particularly aroused when with Ann.  

Reading between the lines re Gideon's father's suicide, I wondered if some of the problem was that Gideon either discovered the body or had sight of it.  That was something I had thought about when reading the earlier book where he said he was talking to Dr Peterson about his dad's suicide, but after Monica was killed he was desperate for Eva not to see her mother after being shot - which made me think he had seen his dad.  That would more explain the pretty extreme anger he had as a child.

Would also have been good to read a little more about Angus relationship with Gideon - what part he had played in saving Gideon from Hugh, transferring to work for him when he became successful etc.

A lot of this for me was more necessary to learn about that anything that was purely unanswered because the book had not reached that point in time (i.e. Cary's baby, Mark's wedding, any court case for Ann, what happened with Corrine etc. which would all be in the future).  

I also wonder if So Close and its follow up were originally not going to feature the Crossfire characters, other than that reference in the excerpt - could it be that the clamour for more detail has resulted in a re-think about those books which has lengthened the writing?  I believe we do have to accept that for Sylvia the writing does take a while. I'm impatient to read more but I wouldn't stamp my feet like some fans did over the last two Crossfire books because of the gap between publication.  How many reviews were purely about the time taken to write the book and not the book itself - which to me does not constitute a book review!

I might do a re-read, a chapter a day (to fit it in with my other TBR list) and note down some of the events/situations that  I felt were not answered (or I may have missed where they were).

On 5/4/2018 at 4:21 PM, D500 said:

We also never found out how Gideon had that fantasy about a sex swing - not sure if I fully understood his sexual history but up to Eva I thought all his sexual encounters were in that hotel room (and by that I mean full sex encounters as obviously that photo with the two women was not the full deal); that with Ann he went had flogged her and used the sex toys and if I am right Deanna had expected to be treated like that and was disappointed not to be????????  But he was ashamed of how he had treated Ann, realising it was because she was so like Hugh it was more punishing him.  He was also not particularly aroused when with Ann.  

Reading between the lines re Gideon's father's suicide, I wondered if some of the problem was that Gideon either discovered the body or had sight of it.  That was something I had thought about when reading the earlier book where he said he was talking to Dr Peterson about his dad's suicide, but after Monica was killed he was desperate for Eva not to see her mother after being shot - which made me think he had seen his dad.  That would more explain the pretty extreme anger he had as a child.

Would also have been good to read a little more about Angus relationship with Gideon - what part he had played in saving Gideon from Hugh, transferring to work for him when he became successful etc.

A lot of this for me was more necessary to learn about that anything that was purely unanswered because the book had not reached that point in time (i.e. Cary's baby, Mark's wedding, any court case for Ann, what happened with Corrine etc. which would all be in the future).  

I also wonder if So Close and its follow up were originally not going to feature the Crossfire characters, other than that reference in the excerpt - could it be that the clamour for more detail has resulted in a re-think about those books which has lengthened the writing?  I believe we do have to accept that for Sylvia the writing does take a while. I'm impatient to read more but I wouldn't stamp my feet like some fans did over the last two Crossfire books because of the gap between publication.  How many reviews were purely about the time taken to write the book and not the book itself - which to me does not constitute a book review!

I might do a re-read, a chapter a day (to fit it in with my other TBR list) and note down some of the events/situations that  I felt were not answered (or I may have missed where they were).

I agree with alot of points that your brought up.  Complaining about the time it takes to get a book out is not a review of the book itself.  It has been over 4 years since Diana Gabaldon put her last Outlander book out and I am still waiting patiently.  Also people that complain that it did not download properly.