Sookie Stackhouse!

This series has put me into a reading slump! I try to pick up the straight romances I checked out along with Dead to the World, and I can't get into them! And to make matters worse, when I put that book down, I pick up the Sookie Stackhouse series and re-read it! I now have five partially read books strewn about my room, and Sookie & Co are sitting proudly and smugly on top of my bookkshelf, taunting me! Ahh!

Has this happened to anyone else? Has Charlaine Harris done this to you as well? Now, to allay my Sookie anxiety(the next book doesn't come out until next year!), I'm going to check out the Anita Blake series, as well as write the first installment of my own Sookie-ish series, which is like Buffy meets Stephanie Plum in the Regency era. It's neat, and I just finished writing the 1st draft of the first chapter-which came out very nicely.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I'm not familiar with Charlain Harris (yet!) but there have been books that I enjoyed so much that they ruined me for other books for awhile after finishing them. Tell me a little more about these books? Who is Sookie Stackhouse?

...as well as write the first installment of my own Sookie-ish series, which is like Buffy meets Stephanie Plum in the Regency era.

That sounds wonderful, Ireland! What a neat idea! I loved the Buffy and Angel series. I can't wait to read your story!

I've never heard of Sookie Stackhose either...but it sounds good. Tell us more.

I've read a few authors that tend to ruin me for a while. I reread Janet Evanovich's Stephanie PLum series often, they always cheers me up and motivate me. I also love to reread Susan Elizabeth Phillips books. (Faves are It Had To Be You, Fancy Pants and Lady Be Good.)

For oyu fans of Buffy and Angel be sure to check out Kim Harrison's new book Dead Witch Walking. It was fantastic, and the start of a new series.

You can read an excerpt at http://www.kimharrison.net

Cheers,

Sasha

I've never heard of Sookie Stackhose either...but it sounds good. Tell us more.

Well, here's the blurb for the first book, Dead Until Dark:

Sookie Stackhouse is a cocktail waitress in Bon Temps,LA. You can tell she doesn't get out muc, and it's not because she isn't pretty. She is. It's just that, well, Sookie has this "disability": she can read minds. And that doesn't make her too datable. The along comes Bill. He's tall, dark, harndsome--and Sookie can't hear a word he's thinking. Just the guy she's been waiting for all her life. But Bill has a disability of his own: he's a vampire with a seriously creepy crowd of friends. So when one of her coworkers is killed, Sookie fears she's next...

It's a terrific story and I can't stay away from it!