Welcome to the Message Board!

So glad to see life on the boards again.

I'm reading SURGEON IN CRISIS by Jennifer Taylor. It's a Harlequin Medical Romance. It's so-so. Not the best; not the worst either. Pretty lightweight story but the writing style is enjoyable. Does that make sense?

Mostly, I'm just finishing up some yardwork and letting my dogs get some fresh air as I prepare for winter. Hey, I'm in Ohio. We get all sorts of weird weather.

Be good,

Linda

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Linda,

I live in ALberta...I know all about wierd weather patterns. :D

I envy you the dogs though. I have a kitty that keeps me entertained at times. And murderous at others. :wink:

Despite the quiet. I have nothing new to say...LOL I'm not reading, I'm trying to write. Although I must say, I'm enjoying some of the new tv shows this season...Desperate Houswives anyone??

Sasha

Hi Sasha,

DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES is awesome! It has that same off-beat humor as PICKET FENCES or NORTHERN EXPOSURE.

I like MEDICAL INVESTIGATIONS too. The actors are pretty lame but the stories are interesting.

My dogs are awesome. I do a weekly "Snoopy" letter for a dozen or so old folks I write to. It started as sort of a tongue-in-cheek thing. Anyway, I decided to run a fake campaign for my dog as president.

So far, the feeback has been pretty funny.

I'd post it but don't know if the photo would come through.

I have a Shetland Sheepdog and two Papillons. It's French for "butterfly" but I suspect the French word for "rat" would be more honest.

Linda

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Sylvia,

How's life treating you?

I won a pre-release copy of Dean Koontz' LIFE EXPECTANCY. I had never read his books even though I heard they were good. I'm about a third of the way through and it is absolutely riveting. It's just jaw-dropping GREAT! I think it goes on sale in December.

Cold & rainy back here in Cincinnati.

I picked up some SUPPORT OUR TROOPS car magnets. Do you want one? I can pop it in the mail if you do. You said your sister was in the service. Also found some that say HOME OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE. I think that's kind of neat.

Linda

Hi Linda!

Life is rushing ahead as always, dragging me along with it!! :lol: I'm charging through a manuscript edit now. Hard work, but the story is dear to me, so I'm trying to keep that in mind as I push myself.

I love Dean Koontz!! I've read several books by him, my favorites are his Christopher Snow series--Fear Nothing and Seize the Night--both of which remind me of Fort Ord, California. I was stationed at the nearby Presidio of Monterey for a couple of years. My sister was just transferred to Fort Gordon, Georgia.

I would love a magnet!!! Thank you so much for thinking of me! I can send you a SASE if you e-mail me your address.

Howdy Neighbor :hello2: ,

I was just browsing around & read your post. So your from Cinci :D ? One of my best friends from High School lives there now but I live right to the north of you in Cleveland. Been cloudy & rainy here too :-). I actually write historicals set in Ohio so feel free to drop by site whenver you get a chance. So neat to see another Buckeye Gal on the boards :lol:

Hi Sylvia,

Cold & rainy back here in Cincinnati.

Linda

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey,

Are you all hiding again?

I've got my outdoor lights up but my tree is still nestled all snug in the crawl space!!!!! I have to decide when I want to fold my 5'9" body into this 5'1" space AND wrestle with a tree while doing my best Quasimodo imitation.

Linda

Hi Neighbor :hello2: :D ,

Gotten any snow in Cinci yet? It's snowling like crazy right now here in Cleveland & to think last week the tmeps here were in the 50's! Guess that's Ohio for ya. Sorry I haven't gotten a chance to e-mail you lately. When I'm not doing the mommy thing. I'm either at work, shopping, or writing. Still have only 7 pages until The Fireland's Bride is complete and I'd still like to finish it sometime before the holidays :D :rendeer: .

Yikes about the tree. I dug ours out last week. PJ was a big help this year decorating the tree and I laugh everytime I see him walk up to his Blues Clues ornament & start having a conversation with the little blue puppy. He just cracks me up :-). He told Santa when I took him to see him over the weekend that he wants a Batman Car for Christmas. I'm debating on wether or not I should shell out $30 more to get the car I saw at Toys R' Us or hope he'll be happy withe batman motorcyle I got him instead. Well just have to see how good he is before Christmas :angel12:

Anyway, I hope you, your adorable dog, & your family have a wonderful holiday :rendeer:

Just a few snow showers down this way but it sure has gotten cold.

I got the tree up today. I'm bumming a little. I had to have my big dog, Casey, put to sleep yesterday. I had him almost 13 years. He was a gorgeous Sheltie. I told Snoopy that he's now "king." Actually, I think the little snot has thought he was a "god" ever since he exited the womb! I love him and my other little dog but Casey was MY dog.

Batman car or Batman motorcycle???? The age old question. You do realize that even if you buy BOTH, he'll still play with the boxes they came in!

You should try to take a video of him talking to the Blue's Clues ornament. that'd be a "keeper."

Good luck finishing up the book. The holidays seem to compress time on us, don't they?

Love,

Linda

• 2 weeks later...

You do realize that even if you buy BOTH, he'll still play with the boxes they came in!

As someone with no kids I have no idea why this statemen amuses me so much...but it does. :(.

I wonder if maybe it's because I like to play with the boxes? :?

What can I say? I'm just a kid at heart! :binky:

Happy Holidays!! :) :rendeer:

Sasha

As someone with no kids I have no idea why this statemen amuses me so much...but it does. :).

LOL it's like buying toys for your kitten only to have the kitten play with the wrappers instead.

SIXTEEN INCHES......JEEZZZZZZ I never wanna see that much ANYTHING at one time :shock:

*waving to Linda* :hello2:

We get to Cinci pretty regularly even tho we live in NY - our daughter sees one of the docs at Cincinnati Children's Hospital...

I feel like it's my second home since I lived there for a while a few summers ago. Well, I kind of lived in the hospital, and the Kingsgate, but I did get to the zoo and to Graters (is that how you spell it - the good ice cream place?). Anyway - we go back sometime this spring. :)

We get to Cinci pretty regularly even tho we live in NY - our daughter sees one of the docs at Cincinnati Children's Hospital...

I live in the very western part of the county; about a mile outside the city. But, when I was a kid, we lived down by the University of Cincinnati and we used to go to the zoo often.

I have several buddies who work at Children's in research and another who was a doctor there but he moved to Salt Lake City because they had a better department in his specialty. He works in pediatric cancer.

Anyway, I hope your little girl is doing GREAT!

Graeter's is awesome. You also have to be brave and try the Skyline chili.

Sasha and Sylvia, if you're reading this post and you're very brave let me know if you want to try Cincinnati chili. They sell spice packets and all you have to add is hamburger & tomato paste. It is NOTHING like Texas chili.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Linda

You also have to be brave and try the Skyline chili.

Sasha and Sylvia, if you're reading this post and you're very brave let me know if you want to try Cincinnati chili. They sell spice packets and all you have to add is hamburger & tomato paste. It is NOTHING like Texas chili.

Oh Linda... I LOVE hot stuff. And Skyline chili sounds fabulous. Hubby just got back from the store with stuff to make chili, because I'm hungry for it. :D

I hope you had a great New Years!! :occasion7: :occasion9:

:D . Mmn, All this talk about Chilli is making me hungry. Skyline was a favorite of my grandpa who passed away this year. They buried him with a deck of cards (he loved to play, oh my gosh, every family function over my grandparents house would turn into a poker tournament :D .) and a skyline chilli seasoning packet.

Linda,

Has the snow melted over in Cinci yet? I think we had as much as you up here in Cleveland and it's gone now. We had a heat wave of a 50 degrees over the past two days. I did end up getting PJ both the Batman car & motorcylce and he didn't play with the boxes. LOL. Actually, his favorite gift was a stuffed AFLAC duckling he got from my mom which even came with it's own little egg. It says AFLAC just like on the comercails when you squeeze it's belly. My hubby gave him a big AFLAC duck like that after the reps visited his work so now he has the duck and the duckling :pukel: .

Hope all your gals have a wonderful 2005 and Sylvia dear, I hope the good news just keeps rolling your way in 2005. I got a little bit of good news myself. Gina, the very nice editor at A Hint of Seduction, has decided to put my little story in the special, Feb issue of her e-zine. It's special because it's not only the Valentine's Day Isssue, it is also A Hint of Sedcution's one year anniversary. So I'll have to wait a month longer for my story to come out but I am very honored that she chose my story for her anniversary issue :D . Now I can add that to my query letter and hope it will give me a boost with getting my full-length work manuscript picked up :) .

Take care everyone & happy 2005 :occasion9: :occasion7: