Lord of Scoundrels

Since this is the third book I've purchased by Loretta Chase and the third book of hers that I enjoyed immensely, I have to say that she's moved into the category of "Sylvia's Favorite Authors".

I loved Lord of Scoundrels. For some reason I took the word Scoundrel and imagined Rake. Silly me. Because like all of Loretta's book, she refuses to use stereotypical protagonists.

Lord Dane, the hero, is written as being ugly. Yep, ugly. Of course the heroine thinks he's to-die-for yummy and I have to say, when he starts speaking love phrases to the heroine in italian lyricism, I think he's yummy too! He's far from being a rake, in fact he's never had sex without paying for it.

The heroine, Jessica, doesn't take any of his $hit. In fact, when Dane acts the complete cad and sets out to ruin her reputation, she fights back with a gun and a lawyer. Oh, yeah. I won't give any more away, but let me tell you, it's awesome!