Getting to Know You!

Okay. Let's have fun and get to know each other better! :D I'll post a few questions!! (And we'll all have fun reading them!!) Feel free to add a question to your answers, the more the merrier.

Here we go (I picked 7 because that's my favorite number!):

1.) You're a TV or Movie character. Who are you and why?

2.) Favorite Villian.

3.) Trapped with your favorite hottie. Who is he or she? (We've got guys on here too! :) )

4.) Favorite All-Time Book and why.

5.) What is your favorite school subject and your least favorite?

6.) What embarasses you the most?

7.) Do you have any nicknames and what are they?

You just want to make me think!

Storm....because I deserve superpowers! :)

2.) Favorite Villian.

I have no clue. William Daefoe (did i spell that right?) in Spiderman. He just plays a great bad guy.

3.) Trapped with your favorite hottie. Who is he or she? (We've got guys on here too! )

Chris Cagle :oops:

Wishes by Jude Deveraux. Not sure. It was my first paranormal(ish) book. It took fairy godmothering to a whole new level. I still have it. And if htey release it in hardcover, I'd buy it.

Fave..english. Least...math :cry:

Lots of things :roll:

Cece and Amer (dont ask I have no clue)

My first reaction was to say Mulder, because I'd love access to all those files if they were real. ;-) But it would be way cool to be part of the X-men or Charmed, if I could have telekinetic abilities. If I couldn't, then I'd have to pick Spiderman. I'd just have to get over that fear of heights thing quick. <wg>

2.) Favorite Villian.

The latest Mummy.

3.) Trapped with your favorite hottie. Who is he or she? (We've got guys on here too! )

Hmm...this is hard. Pardon the pun. I guess I'd have to pick Stuart Townsend, Lestat from Queen of the Damned. Of course, he'd have to wear the costume and fake teeth. :oops: Did I say that aloud? ;-)

This is virtually impossible for me. I have too many and none are my all-time favorite, so I'll just pick one of my favorites. Mine To Take by Dara Joy. I wish the hero in that book was real. Whew!

Favorite: Creative Writing/History up to 1880 Least Favorite: Chemistry/Trigonometry

Singing in front of a crowd.

Not since high school and we definitely aren't going to go there. :shock:

Jordan

Faith from Angel. Cuz she's tough, and sexy...and a teeny bit crazy.:bom:

2.) Favorite Villian.

Mark Wahlberg in Fear.

Colin Farrell. Cuz I think I coulld teach that bad oy a lesson or two. :)

It Had to Be you. Susan E Phillips. Dan Calebow is the ultimate man...and he's only the start of hot men of the Starts football team.

Favorite?? Uhmmm... I liked science, but my grade 11 teacher only passed me when I promised not to take it in grade 12.:roll: Least fave...Math.

When I lose my temper.:cussing:

Gypsy, cuz I travel. and uhmm I think that's it. :angel12:

Count Dracula - he has such style (and a great wardrobe)

2.) Favorite Villian.

Count Dracula - he has such style.

3.) Trapped with your favorite hottie. Who is he or she?

Charleze Theron *sigh*

The Black Tulip.. it's a reminder of Man's fallibility ..

Favorite: English Literature - I love good literature. Least: Maths - I used to get everything wrong !

Forgetting peoples' names moments after I've been introduced ! :oops:

Hey, this a family 'board right ? :oops: :oops:

Forgetting peoples' names moments after I've been introduced !  :oops:  

Oh, Peter!!! I have the same problem. In a gathering, I hear the name and forget it instantly. #-o Or sometimes, I remember the name, but I'm afraid to say it aloud in case I mixed it up with someone else's. :oops:

I hear the name and forget it instantly.  #-o  Or sometimes, I remember the name, but I'm afraid to say it aloud in case I mixed it up with someone else's.

It's a real problem for me in business meetings - mind you I've seen a few people with an array of business cards before them so I guess it's not just me.. I never forget a face though ! :elephant:

Sylvia,

Yep, in another life I used to sing in bands.  8)  

Jordan, who's glad that life is over... :)

Do you ever do karaoke ? Now that takes courage IMHO.. I always figured i'd be really good at that until we borrowed a karaoke machine for an evening :cry: The sound you hear in your head never quite matches what comes out of the speakers eh ? :D

Peter,

I've only done karaoke one time. Let's just say the words 'beer' and 'Vegas' were involved. LOL! :oops: Other than that, the only singing I've done is with various bar bands and in the recording studio. (I used to write my own material.) You're right that it never sounds quite like you think. Actually, I believe it's easier to sound good singing with a band than it is to do karaoke.

Jordan, who really doesn't miss the challenge of keeping a band together...

Karaoke ?? Lord not me!

You're not kidding! I've had my moments :partyman: , but never, ever have I sung aloud in public and certainly never would I put my voice to a microphone. I can see it clearly, the patrons trampling each other in their haste to leave the room, the screams of horror... *shudder*

Karaoke ?? Lord not me!

never ... sung aloud in public and certainly never would I put my voice to a microphone.

I put it entirely down to modern electronics. Considering I used to be in the choir, the fact that I now sound like the late Johnny Rotten (when he was alive obviously) is caused by poor quality amplification. I rest my case..

• 5 months later...

~smile~

Just wanted to say that even though I love your blog, even though I am not a writer, or even a reader of romance novels, I like your insight into the industry as a whole. So I may not comment on your posts, but I do read them.

Thank you

Shayne

~smile~

Just wanted to say that even though I love your blog, even though I am not a writer, or even a reader of romance novels, I like your insight into the industry as a whole.  So I may not comment on your posts, but I do read them.

Thank you

Shayne

Thank you, Shayne! What a great comment to wake up to. :huh: I'm glad to hear you're stopping by. Sometimes it's so quiet, I wonder who's out there.

Okay. Let's have fun and get to know each other better!  :P I'll post a few questions!! (And we'll all have fun reading them!!) Feel free to add a question to your answers, the more the merrier.

Here we go (I picked 7 because that's my favorite number!):

1.) You're a TV or Movie character. Who are you and why? - Monk, a lovable geek

2.) Favorite Villian.  - Boss Hogg (dukes of hazard) who is afraid of a fat man in a white suit???

3.) Trapped with your favorite hottie. Who is he or she? (We've got guys on here too!  :D )  - My Wife ~smile~

4.) Favorite All-Time Book and why. - "The Eagle In The Sky" by Wilbur Smith, this was my first introduction to the author, it left me yearning for Africa, it sharpened by imagination, and gripped my soul

5.) What is your favorite school subject and your least favorite? favourite =Physics - I'm of an engineering bent mind    least= Math- does not make sense to me why do I care what "x" is

6.) What embarasses you the most?  Personal Praise

7.) Do you have any nicknames and what are they? Shayner, Charlie Brown, OG..... and a few that can't be related in mixed company

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• 3 years later...

1.) You're a TV or Movie character. Who are you and why? - I'm Prue Halliwell (Charmed) because I love her so much! She's smart, beautiful, loveable and she's got powers to boot! :lol: She also had a teeny weeny fling with Antonio Sabato Jr. which I'm still green with envy about. :P

2.) Favorite Villian. - Hmm, I'm thinking... Kate from Days of our Lives? Hard to pick just one though.

3.) Trapped with your favorite hottie. Who is he or she? (We've got guys on here too! ) - Just ONE?! hehe. Well right now? I'd be trapped in a dark room with Orlando Bloom. :P

4.) Favorite All-Time Book and why. - "The Five People You Meet in Heaven," by Mitch Albom. It was just such an amazing book to read and really opened my eyes to see life in more than just one perspective. It continues to inspire me and I try my best to share that with my loved ones. One who still has the book... :)

5.) What is your favorite school subject and your least favorite? Favorite? Call me a geek but my favorites as of now are Anatomy and Math. My least favorite of all time is Physics. Nothing against the subject ofcourse but my teacher's lack of teaching skills just ruined the entire experience for me... :(

6.) What embarasses you the most? Anytime that I'm put on the spot. Like if I'm in class or something, falling asleep in the back of the room, and my teacher asks me something about the current discussion? Ah! Also, I hate speaking in front of large groups of people. It just scares me.. :unsure:

7.) Do you have any nicknames and what are they? Well, I have a few... Val, Hechie lol, Hechenueva, and my personal favorite, Battery (came from my favorite used-to-be three year old.)

Also, I just joined the board... my first post! :unsure: Just wanted to say, "hey" to everyone out there and hope to get to know everyone on here better!

Val

• 2 weeks later...

Sylvia,

:) Congratulations on being a finalist for the RITA with your novella "Mischief and the Marquess." :P

I would like to interview you for RWA Online's newsletter LoveBytes. I sent an email to you a few minutes back ago. If you will respond back, I'll send the interview questions.

Karen Jones

• 4 years later...

how sad that this fun little thread has been ignored since 2008!  people must be too busy reading books to read the thread ;)  but i want to play . . .

olivia pope on scandal.  i am not nearly as sexy or generally awesome, but my dream of dreams was to write speeches for the president, but now perhaps i'd rather be the president's fixer/torrid lover.

2.) Favorite Villian.

maleficent was one badass gorgeous dargon lady

3.) Trapped with your favorite hottie. Who is he or she? (We've got guys on here too! :wink: )

right now . . . bradley cooper (yum!)

my favorite is nearly always the book i just got done reading, but the most-read book i own would be hands-down romeo and juliet.  truly embarrassing to admit.  it makes me tingle.

fave - english lit or art, least fave - sciences of any kind

there's this song, that is apparently well known, that i am not named after but everyone assumes that perhaps i am?  at least 3x a week i will be spontenously serenaded by  perfect strangers, singing a song that is not terribly flattering to the bearer of the name.  'jolene' by dolly parton - check it out.

jo (my preferred name due to instances mentioned in #6), bunny, love, mama (does this count?), ho-lay-nay

• 1 month later...

ok. let's have fun here in Italy as well!!!

1)You are a TV or Movie character. who are you and why?

If I were a TV or Movie character I'd be.... Angelina Jolie in 'Beyond Borders' because she finds a deeper meaning in her life with her humanitarian job... or just because of Clive Owen.

2) My favourite villain.

This is tough because there's more than one... I'd say Gollum in 'The Lord of Rings', Profesor Snape in the Harry Potter saga, .and the black witch in Disney's 'Sleeping Beauty'.

3) Trapped with your favourite hottie. Who is he?

Trapped where? A lift, an unknown island, the broomshed? Right now: Clive Owen, Robert Pattinson and Gedeon Cross.

4) Favourite all-time book and why.

This is easy for me to say.. Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice.

5) Favourite school subject, and least favourite one.

I really loved English, which was Foreign Languages to me, and I hated Chemistry.

6) What embarasses you the most.

Dealing with other people's pain is the most embarassing situation for me to be in.

7)  Do you have any nicknames and what are they?

Unfortunately, I don't have any... just Gabri, which is the short form for Gabriela.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, Sylvia

I'm Andie. I finally got my account rectified. Thanks to you and the admin team.

I must say that the RIY thread has persuaded me to read and buy the Crossfire series. It's, indeed, an enigmatic love story. IMO, it has a lot to offer than a titillating romance. It's Gideon and Eva's enigmatic journey to claim their true selves back with a touch of cerebrally humorous arguments between the characters.

Really hope you'd entertain me more with the arguments between GidEva (Gideon and Eva).

[Edit: 04/05/13]

I think I need to be specific about the thread. It's the RIY spoiler thread that I meant to address. And I have to add that A couple of questions thread is really interesting.

You're so lucky to have many dedicated members in this forum.

1.) You're a TV or Movie character. Who are you and why?

** Selene from Underworld. She is intelligent, sexy, and can kick Arse.

2.) Favorite Villian.

** Niklaus from Vampire diaries. You can see the character behind the facade.

3.) Trapped with your favorite hottie. Who is he or she? (We've got guys on here too!  )

** David Boreanaz

4.) Favorite All-Time Book and why

** I have adhd and dyslexia. I have hated reading my whole life... until I tried to read bared to you. So that is my favourite book. Bared to you got me interesting books, and showed me I could beat my barriers.

.5.) What is your favorite school subject and your least favorite?

** Favourite was Gym class, and least favourite was mathematics.

6.) What embarasses you the most?

** When people who have read bared to you and 50 shades of grey put the 2 together to embarrass me. My name is actually Anastasia Cross (No joke)

7.) Do you have any nicknames and what are they?  I was kitten as a kid and now I'm older I get called little cat. I'm little and quite feisty ... apparently.