Reflected in You **spoiler thread**

Sylvia Day

I just want to first start out by saying thank you Sylvia for following your dreams/guts to become a writer. If you hadn't, the world wouldn't have Eva and Gideon story. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Also, I want to say thanks for all the little extras on the website and all the advice you offer for new writers.

Now my questions. OK, is there a greater connection between Anne, Dr. Lucas wife and Gideon? We know that the Doctoral Candidate originally treating Gideon was a women so I'm thinking that person is Anne and that would explain why Dr. Lucas lied.

What was Magdalene doing at Crossfire waiting to see Eva? What did she want to talk about with Eva? It was never mentioned what her intentions were when she showed up.

How long has Christopher and Magdalene been sexual with one another?

Excluding the sexual abuse Gideon suffered as a child was Gideon a virgin until he and Corinne started there relationship in college?

When Gideon was at Eva's for dinner with her dad who was calling Gideon & did he know that the police were on there way to Eva's apartment?

Why did Eva moves from California to NY?

Why wasn't Brett and his band at the Vidal party?

Once again thank you & happy new year. Please tell us that we'll have a sweet valentine's day present in the format of a third book? :-)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now my questions. OK, is there a greater connection between Anne, Dr. Lucas wife and Gideon? We know that the Doctoral Candidate originally treating Gideon was a women so I'm thinking that person is Anne and that would explain why Dr. Lucas lied.

Hey Agordon, A lot of good questions that I'm curious to hear the answers to! One thing I think I can offer...the doctoral candidate was male. The shrink was female, but every time Gideon refers to the doctoral student he says 'he.' Plus, Gideon admitted to having an affair with Anne on their trip to NC to get back at Lucas.

I think you could be on to something though. I was wondering if it was Dr. Lucas himself that had abused Gideon. Lucas is a pediatrician, so it's not too far of a stretch to assume he was doing some type of clinical rounds in child psych as part of his training. Or, he could have been the one that examined Gideon and covered it up, too. It's not really clear yet what Dr. Lucas did, but it did cross my mind that he might be the perpetrator. He's the right age.

Yeah, I I meant to state that the shrink was a women and the Doctoral Candidate was a man which would maybe explain why Dr. Lucas lied. I don't think Gideon would let Dr., Lucas or his wife continue to walk, talk and live a normal life let alone socialize with his family and himself in such close proximity if they had actually committed the abuse. When Anne spoke to Eva Christopher was at the same event. When Eva meet Dr. LUCAS it was again at a social function that Gideon was attending. That would be pretty hard for anyone to be near someone that offered who sexual abused you. At least that's what I think.

Yeah, you're probably right that Lucas lost money with Gideon's dad.

All of the speculation on the abuser aside, I can't fathom what would have been Gideon's mom's motivation to pay anyone off in the first place.

Perhaps embarrassment if anyone found out? Or feeling guilty that she didn't know if she were to admit to herself that it happened? I guess we already know she was a poor excuse for a mother so no matter what the explanation, it's no excuse. There's never really much mention of his step dad. I wonder if he had something to do with it...not wanting to ruin his business with scandal or something.

You would have to be a pretty terrible person on the same scale of the abuser to claim a child is not telling the truth about abuse and your a pediatric.

I also wonder about Christopher connection to all of this. I in the book its mentioned that he responds to Magdalene as if he knows her body. I how long have they been sleeping together and the mother mentioned that he was there two and he says nothing happened.

Christopher may have been abused too. Remember he was acting up too and the mom sought therapy when she became pregnant for her daughter and all. Eva didn't tell of her abuse. Maybe Christopher, who was younger than Gideon, just didn't tell. I teach six year-olds at a private school of mostly prominent families and this topic hits such a nerve with me. It's my duty to report signs etc. and I've had to. Sickening and heart wrenching.

I'm interested to see if the detective's theory on what happened to Nathan is true! What do you guys think??? Also I'm forward to a showdown b/w Gideon and Christopher, it just seems like there's so much tension between them!

I think the detective's theory is correct and Gideon killed Nathan. I'm also looking foward to the Gideon/Christopher showdown. I think they were both raped by the therapist and Christopher somehow blames Gideon for the abuse.

Christopher may have been abused too. Remember he was acting up too and the mom sought therapy when she became pregnant for her daughter and all. Eva didn't tell of her abuse. Maybe Christopher, who was younger than Gideon, just didn't tell. I teach six year-olds at a private school of mostly prominent families and this topic hits such a nerve with me. It's my duty to report signs etc. and I've had to. Sickening and heart wrenching.

I agree with you. I think Christopher Jr. was also abused and refused to tell because of the abuser's threats or because he somehow blames Gideon for their abuse. CJ may think that the abuser wouldn't have come if not for Gideon's acting out. And something tells me the stepfather is also to blame.

I never thought of Christopher blaming Gideon if HE was abused too. Very well could be. Gideon keeps saying it's because he got all the attention. Hmmmmm

I want Gideon to have another showdown with the rock star and I want a Cross/Lucas beat down. Gideon wouldn't break a sweat. Lol. Jeez. I can't wait for the book!!!

I never thought of Christopher blaming Gideon. Very well could be. I want Gideon to have another showdown with the rock star and I want a Cross/Lucas showdown. Jeez. I can't wait for the book!!!

Yes! A Gideon/Brett face-off would be amazing! I hope he'll pop back up in Entwined. But I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown anticipating the Cross/Lucas showdown!! That is going to be EPIC! I just wish Gideon would warm up to his sister:(

Of course we don't want to believe Gideon or anyone would kill, but I'm not ruling it out. The detective said Nathan was to the point that he was going going through Eva's trash-the point where an obsession is deadly. How many parents say and know in their hearts that they would kill to protect their child. I think Nathan threatened Eva, Gideon or their families and Gideon knew it was a matter of time that in that one moment when Eva or one of them was out of his protective eye, Nathan would harm. Kind of like the saying, "I'm going to kill you." And the other person says, "Not if I kill you first." We'll see. ONLY SYLVIA AND GIDEON KNOW :)

Personally, I don't mind Gideon killing Nathan. I was actually looking forward to it. That monster should've been offed long ago. And Gidoen eliminating the threat to Eva's life and well-being was so intense, so passionate... it was beyond love. Like Gideon said, love isn't the right word for what he feels for her. Gideon's feelings for Eva transcend love.

I still don't trust Magdalene. I feel like she's working with Corinne against Eva and Gideon. Magdalene called Eva the very same day, in fact, she called Eva right before Eva went to lunch and saw Corinne coming out of the Crossfire building. While on the phone with Eva, Magdalene never explained why she had showed up at the building to see Eva on the 1st book.

Corinne is clearly looking to cause some trouble and she's not doing it alone. It remains to be seen who she's working with. Nathan, Christopher, Magdalene...someone. I hope its explain why she was at the building that day.

Doesn't anyone else think its odd that Corinne showed up the very same day that Nathan did at the Crossfire building as well as the same day Eva gets a phone call from Magdalene.

After reading both books, Magdalene does come off as a softy compared to Corinne, but what if Magdalene is behind much of this. Magdalene did tell Eva that she mom and Gideon's mom are best friends. Do you think Gideon's mom would have told Magdalene about the abuse that Gideon said happen and she in turn told Magdalene?

I am glad someone mentioned Corrine's appearances at the Crossfire building. When I initially read the book, I was curious as to how Corrine knew to be exiting the building at the same time Eva was returning from lunch. And, wouldn't Gideon be able, since apparently he can access the cameras at Crossfire, to check the footage to see exactly where Corrine was- either hanging out in the lobby waiting for Eva to appear or somewhere else? And, she was there near the same time Nathan was because the Corrine confrontation in Gideon's office (when she found blood on the shirt, mistaking it for lipstick) happened right after. I am not sure about Magdalene and how she fits into all of this. But I can agree that there may be a secondary character plotting to also destroy Gideon & Eva. Corrine, Magdalene or Christopher would fit because each has their own reasons for wanting to break the relationship- Corrine because of wanting Gideon back, Magdalene because she has wanted Gideon for years, and Christopher because of the sibling rivalry.

Something else that I am not sure has been mentioned before is Gideon owning a majority of Vidal Records. This reminded me of Fifty Shades when Christian owned majority shares in Lincoln's company so that when the right moment arose, he could ruin him. Is this perhaps the same motivation? Have control so that Christopher knows he can destroy the business- keep him in check?

I also have a question regarding the discussion Gideon & Eva had about their sexual fantasies. Gideon admits that he wants Eva in a sex swing. When she asks him if he's done that before, he becomes uncomfortable and tells her not to ask that question. We know that the hotel is the only location Gideon has had consensual sex before. Through Eva's eyes, we saw what was in the hotel- condoms, sex toys, clothing, but no sex swing. So where does the sex swing fit into this? I assume, based on his reaction, that he has used a sex swing before. I was just a bit confused about that, so maybe someone here can clarify.

Also, I know this has been discussed before and Sylvia stated that it will be addressed in Entwined, but Gideon's previous sexual encounters. We know that he can not possibly be telling the truth about the frequency of his flings because when he states that he's had as much sex with Eva as he has in the previous two years, they've only been together a short while. If you do the quick math, it doesn't add up. So why would he lie about it? What's the motivation outside not wanting to hurt Eva or possibly admit his own issues with intimacy?

Great insights, ladies!(Dnmouse, Tiffany2, Argodon817,MsGemini)..

Have you read Sylvia Day's New Years Day teaser

http://www.sylviaday...l-teaser-years/ Sooo beautiful to hear Gideon' point of view!

I feel that Gideon is going to have some sort of financial calamity :(...

The New Year's teaser is very intriguing. I, too, loved reading the story from Gideon's perspective:) When Eva says it's dangerous for Gideon to be in her apartment, Is she referring to the investigation into Nathan's death? I don't see how it could be that since the investigation was (supposedly) closed at the end of Reflected. Why do you think Gideon will suffer a financial calamity?

Never underestimate the power of a mother's love, a determined mother that is. It's easy to say yes Gideon killed Nathan but equally worth considering is Eva's mother as well. Remember she is all about maintaining an image, and I guess also maybe protecting Eva as i think she still harbor pain from not doing this on the onset. remember she was totally freaked out upon learning Eva told Gideon about Nathan. Just food for thought. It could very well be that Gideon helped cover it up as well.

And I don't think Eva's dad is as clueless as we would have been otherwise led to believe. So just putting those things out there....

The New Year's teaser is very intriguing. I, too, loved reading the story from Gideon's perspective:) When Eva says it's dangerous for Gideon to be in her apartment, Is she referring to the investigation into Nathan's death? I don't see how it could be that since the investigation was (supposedly) closed at the end of Reflected. Why do you think Gideon will suffer a financial calamity?

I wonder,too, why it is dangerous for Gideon to be in Eva's apartment since the investigation of Nathan's death is over...

"I'd kill for you, give up everything I own for you....but I won't give you up"...

Ever since I read that, I had a feeling that he would have some sort of financial calamity.....I hope I'm wrong....

Never underestimate the power of a mother's love, a determined mother that is. It's easy to say yes Gideon killed Nathan but equally worth considering is Eva's mother as well. Remember she is all about maintaining an image, and I guess also maybe protecting Eva as i think she still harbor pain from not doing this on the onset. remember she was totally freaked out upon learning Eva told Gideon about Nathan. Just food for thought. It could very well be that Gideon helped cover it up as well.

And I don't think Eva's dad is as clueless as we would have been otherwise led to believe. So just putting those things out there....

I agree about Victor ---I feel that there will be a confrontation between Monica and Victor over what happened to Eva with Nathan..

The only reason I questioned Gideon killing Nathan was because of his ability to control himself. He apparently attacked him when he saw the photos he had of Eva and I know he mentioned to Eva that he would find the person who hurt her and insinuated he would make him suffer. Perhaps if he did kill Nathan, he truly thought it out & decided to make it a quick death to make it more difficult to pin it on a particular person. But somehow, I see Gideon as so passionately in love and protective of Eva that he would want Nathan's death to be drawn out- for him to feel more pain than simply a knife through the heart. Whatever happened, I do think he was pulled into the coverup if he didn't commit the act. But doesn't it also seem so convenient that he was at that event so close to Nathan's hotel, knew to separate himself from Eva to dispel motive, and also the camera glitch? Maybe he was in on the murder from day one. But something keeps pulling me back to his comment on wanting Nathan to suffer before he died- something doesn't add up. I am super excited to see what did happen that night. I would hope that Sylvia would let us learn exactly the events of that evening and who did the deed.

Gideon told Eva that he saw an opportunity and he took it. He Insinuated in the car ride on that rainy day

that there's a side to him that he fears Eva wouldn't like. AND in the New Year's EIY teaser, Gideon refers to 'what I did.' That all points to him getting rid of dangerous Nathan before Nathan hurt or killed Eva. We'll see!