Reflected in You **spoiler thread**

Sylvia Day

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Nathan dead, his police file is now opened. Recall the NYPD knew of the Eva's abuse discovered during the investigation. That said it is almost a sure thing that Victor will check to see if there Nathan had a past, knowing that her 'bullied' Eva and her

shocked reaction to news of his death. Doubt Monica could have killed Nathan with a single blow since is is described as a petite woman, plus she and Stanton were ready to pay the blackmail. Think it will be interesting to discover what Stanton and Cross shared..... did they know both were being blackmailed ? did Cross contact Stanton after the office fight ? lots of juicy questions. Hope there is more Cross POV on the things that Eva didn't know about. Someone mentioned Corrine/Nathan and there is no reason for them to be connected. Corrine is playing on Eva's jealousy but doesn't understand the depth of the love between Eva / Cross. Poor Corrine :( .... Like everyone else can't wait and how many more times can #1 & #2 be read before #3 comes out LOL

We shouldn't forget the time frames when thinking up scenarios. G & E went at it hard and in a short period of time. When looking at our posts, there wasn't enough time for some of these folks to come together and scheme. I do think Victor's instincts as a policeman and father will have him digging deeper. Policemen are trained to size things up quickly. I can't wait to the tenth power!

I don't think Monica killed Nathan but I wouldn't be surprised is she has her suspicion about Gideon and Stanton 's involvement . She better than anyone of the outside character's knows or understands Gideon' s & Eva's love connection.

I do think Victor will find out about Nathan and there will/should be some sort of fallout from that. I would like to think this may a bonding agent between Victor and Gideon. Outside of Cary these are the two most important men in Eva's life. She wouldn't be able to handle it well if there was tension between them two.

If Nathan 's case is really closed then I think there is definitely more room for Christopher, Corinne, Magdalene, and Lucas, Brett, and the mystery abuser of Gideon to play a bigger roll in book 3 dare I say a book 4 (fingers cross) : released this year. LOL, LOL!! A girl can dream.

I have been re-reading BTY and RIY and more and more I think Gideon was abused by a woman. It explains possible alot in regards to his subsequent treatment of all thr women in his life and his mother's comment about taking him to a Dr and not finding any evidence of abuse, and also the part about Christopher and when he said that Chtistopher takes competition to a whole new level etc. more I think about it, it aligns potentially. I am once more re-reading BTY with a fresher pair of eyes!!!

Corinne admitted to blowing off the 1st event that she was set to meet Eva because she wasn't ready to accept that Gideon was with someone else. Corinne told Eva that Gideon made it clear to her that it was serious between him and Eva to her.

Corinne could have gotten the goods on Eva from Magdalene and started her own search on Eva and started crafting a plan then.

Magdalene told Eva now that Corinne was divorcing her husband she was looking to get back with Gideon or rather that was suggested/implied.

There is definitely a connection between Corinne, Magdalene, & Christopher to work against Gideon & Eva. I would be completely surprised/blown away if neither of them aren't connected to Nathan as well.

One other thing, did anyone pick up on when Gideon told him mom that Cary was his since he was Eva's friend at the party. What was that about? It almost sounds like his mom has a habit of using people in Gideon life against him or attempting to steal people away from

Gideon. Reminds me of True Blood when the vampires claim there humans as a former of protection.

Corinne admitted to blowing off the 1st event that she was set to meet Eva because she wasn't ready to accept that Gideon was with someone else. Corinne told Eva that Gideon made it clear to her that it was serious between him and Eva to her.

Corinne could have gotten the goods on Eva from Magdalene and started her own search on Eva and started crafting a plan then.

Magdalene told Eva now that Corinne was divorcing her husband she was looking to get back with Gideon or rather that was suggested/implied.

There is definitely a connection between Corinne, Magdalene, & Christopher to work against Gideon & Eva. I would be completely surprised/blown away if neither of them aren't connected to Nathan as well.

One other thing, did anyone pick up on when Gideon told him mom that Cary was his since he was Eva's friend at the party. What was that about? It almost sounds like his mom has a habit of using people in Gideon life against him or attempting to steal people away from

Gideon. Reminds me of True Blood when the vampires claim there humans as a former of protection.

AGordon, I agree with a ton of what you have said. I want to discuss your last statement though. That party thing with Gideon and his mom has bothered me, and I have gone over, and over it. I found the wording "I thought you might like him" and then his "Just remember that he's Eva's friend, Mother. That makes him mine as well." odd. I felt like it was a double entendre with the "mine". I have never thought that Elizabeth was involved with Gideon's abuse other then ignoring it had been happening, but that statement continues to baffle me especially with one he makes later on. When Gideon and Eva are eating dinner at her place after Gideon goes for his appointment with Dr. Petersen, they begin discussing Gideon showing Mags the video of her and Christopher from the party. Eva asks Gideon what Magdalene thought and he says, "It's hard to see yourself being used that way. Especially by someone you think you know, someone who's supposed to care about you.". I keep wondering who he is talking about. The statement is one spoken by someone who knows the meaning of the words behind what he is saying. So who abused Gideon? Who introduced him to the BSDM? In RIY, when Gideon and Eva are driving back from Dr. Lucas' office he says "I was left alone with him more and more frequently.". Who is the "him" Gideon was left alone with more and more? At first I thought it was the doctoral candidate, but now I am thinking it's not. Is it Christopher or is it Chris (the step-father)? I don't think it's Christopher because he is younger then Gideon (by at least 6 years, so he can't possibly be the abuser) so that leaves me with Chris Sr.. It would explain why Gideon has controlling interest in Vidal Records, he wants to finally have the "control" over Chris. So is this who Gideon is referring to when he makes the statement at dinner? Which brings me back to Elizabeth. Did she really not know what was going on? Did she really chose to believe her husband over her son? What is the state of her marriage? From Gideon's comments about Cary I feel like he is eluding to his mother liking younger, good looking men. I don't know. I feel like every time I read I have more questions then answers.

AGordon, I agree with a ton of what you have said. I want to discuss your last statement though. That party thing with Gideon and his mom has bothered me, and I have gone over, and over it. I found the wording "I thought you might like him" and then his "Just remember that he's Eva's friend, Mother. That makes him mine as well." odd. I felt like it was a double entendre with the "mine". I have never thought that Elizabeth was involved with Gideon's abuse other then ignoring it had been happening, but that statement continues to baffle me especially with one he makes later on. When Gideon and Eva are eating dinner at her place after Gideon goes for his appointment with Dr. Petersen, they begin discussing Gideon showing Mags the video of her and Christopher from the party. Eva asks Gideon what Magdalene thought and he says, "It's hard to see yourself being used that way. Especially by someone you think you know, someone who's supposed to care about you.". I keep wondering who he is talking about. The statement is one spoken by someone who knows the meaning of the words behind what he is saying. So who abused Gideon? Who introduced him to the BSDM? In RIY, when Gideon and Eva are driving back from Dr. Lucas' office he says "I was left alone with him more and more frequently.". Who is the "him" Gideon was left alone with more and more? At first I thought it was the doctoral candidate, but now I am thinking it's not. Is it Christopher or is it Chris (the step-father)? I don't think it's Christopher because he is younger then Gideon (by at least 6 years, so he can't possibly be the abuser) so that leaves me with Chris Sr.. It would explain why Gideon has controlling interest in Vidal Records, he wants to finally have the "control" over Chris. So is this who Gideon is referring to when he makes the statement at dinner? Which brings me back to Elizabeth. Did she really not know what was going on? Did she really chose to believe her husband over her son? What is the state of her marriage? From Gideon's comments about Cary I feel like he is eluding to his mother liking younger, good looking men. I don't know. I feel like every time I read I have more questions then answers.

For the pure fun of speculation, Ok, here are my thoughts on this. I have always thought that it was possible that Gideon's abuser was Vidal Sr. But the only reason why I pulled back from that theory was because I keep going to this place of how would Gideon allow this man to still be alive and allow him to continue to live the life that he currently has. The Gideon that I think we met in the books, who probably KILLED Nathan would have crushed Vidal Sr. the moment he secured his own personal wealth.

Did anyone else pick up on Eva's observation of Vidal Sr. when she meet him at the party? Eva noted that he looked more like a doctor then a music executive. I'm not quoting word/line by line. But Eva did mention that he was more of a preppy styled man then music mogul.

So, what if Vidal Sr. is in fact somehow linked to the abuse, how? Maybe he conspired with Dr. Lucas?????

I would love to see Eva make some sort of sacrifice for Gideon like he did for her, (if he did kill Nathan) in the name of removing the person, people that abused him from the face of the planet. Maybe she kick's the ###### out of the person responsible for abusing Gideon by using her newly acquired fighting skills or she kills someone for Gideon. Leveling the playing field between them and really paving the way for them to more forward together without fear.

I have been re-reading BTY and RIY and more and more I think Gideon was abused by a woman. It explains possible alot in regards to his subsequent treatment of all thr women in his life and his mother's comment about taking him to a Dr and not finding any evidence of abuse, and also the part about Christopher and when he said that Chtistopher takes competition to a whole new level etc. more I think about it, it aligns potentially. I am once more re-reading BTY with a fresher pair of eyes!!!

If I remember correctly (and I could be completely wrong, I read this book during finals week) Gideon said that his mom called in a therapist/counselor to sort out all the rage and bad behavior he had as a child. The counselor told him a way to get out his frustration is to jack off. So the guy taught him how to ###### the guy would do it for, him watch him etc. That's why when his mom took him to the doctor the doctor found nothing. The man didn't hurt him in a way to show any bruising or internal sexual abuse, it was just Gideon's words. So the pediatrician says "we find nothing" mom assumes he's just lying for attention or something. If that did happen I think that's why in the car after the concert Eva could't get him off by a hand job because that's how he was abused. Again, I read this taking 19 hrs last semester and it was finals week lol. I actually thought his brother was the one who abused him which is why he wasn't close to him.

Sylvia-

Was Nathan really planning to kill Eva someday (based on the evidence the detective said they'd found in his room) ? And if so, why? Or will these questions be answered in EWY?

I wondered about that myself & I wondered about the possibility that maybe Gideon/Staton staged Nathan's room with all the photos, schedule, garbage, etc. with the intent to paint Nathan out to be more than just a violent sexual predator who made attempts to blackmail rich people. Not that I am justifying people's behaviors, but someone can be a violent sexual predator, a total parasite of society but that doesn't mean they would necessarily kill someone.

I should add that I’m sooo glad that Nathan’s DEAD! I just don’t want to see Gideon going to prison for it in the next book or any other book for that matter.

If I remember correctly (and I could be completely wrong, I read this book during finals week) Gideon said that his mom called in a therapist/counselor to sort out all the rage and bad behavior he had as a child. The counselor told him a way to get out his frustration is to jack off. So the guy taught him how to ###### the guy would do it for, him watch him etc. That's why when his mom took him to the doctor the doctor found nothing. The man didn't hurt him in a way to show any bruising or internal sexual abuse, it was just Gideon's words. So the pediatrician says "we find nothing" mom assumes he's just lying for attention or something. If that did happen I think that's why in the car after the concert Eva could't get him off by a hand job because that's how he was abused. Again, I read this taking 19 hrs last semester and it was finals week lol. I actually thought his brother was the one who abused him which is why he wasn't close to him.

That would explain the absence of physical evidence, but that doesn't explain why Gideon doesn't like anal play. Someone like Gideon who clearly has indulge himself in all things sexual would reframe from that area of play? That doesn't make sense.

Another reason why I can't wait for the third book!!!

Its either going to be that Gideon’s mother was lied to about the abuse or the type of abuse Gideon experienced didn’t leave any evidence, (jerking off-sexual & emotional/physiological abuse) further explaining why Gideon's mother believed the doctors.

I think Nathan hated it Eva since childhood. She was the daughter of the stepmom, or she had a mother and Nathan didn't, or Nathan's father wasn't around much and when he was gave Eva and her mother more attention. So, I think the jealousy became hate, and then it lead to the abuse. Of course that that doesn't make Nathan less sick than he is, but it could be reasons for the hate. Then, Eva told her mother what was going on, Nathan lost the father that he didn't have, so he needed to blame someone, and Eva was the one to blame, so he followed her, got pic and videos of her misbehaving and use to blackmail her mother, but he was going to hate Eva either way, his father was happy when he died, so he didn't care much about Nathan. I do believe that he did have pic, and trash of Eva in this apt and was planning to hurt her more.

I wondered about that myself & I wondered about the possibility that maybe Gideon/Staton staged Nathan's room with all the photos, schedule, garbage, etc. with the intent to paint Nathan out to be more than just a violent sexual predator who made attempts to blackmail rich people. Not that I am justifying people's behaviors, but someone can be a violent sexual predator, a total parasite of society but that doesn't mean they would necessarily kill someone.

I should add that I’m sooo glad that Nathan’s DEAD! I just don’t want to see Gideon going to prison for it in the next book or any other book for that matter.

Since we don't have a third, cross my fingers fourth book yet, I've let a million different ideas/scenarios play out in mind.

I do find it interesting that Nathan, (that we know of so far) never popped up while Eva was living with her dad. The scent of Victor/Cop would have pushed Nathan away, but while she's in NY, she's venerable. So he thought.

That would explain the absence of physical evidence, but that doesn't explain why Gideon doesn't like anal play. Someone like Gideon who clearly has indulge himself in all things sexual would reframe from that area of play? That doesn't make sense.

Another reason why I can't wait for the third book!!!

Its either going to be that Gideon’s mother was lied to about the abuse or the type of abuse Gideon experienced didn’t leave any evidence, (jerking off-sexual & emotional/physiological abuse) further explaining why Gideon's mother believed the doctors.

Yeah I was thinking the same why doesn't he do anal. Unless the doctor lied and was in cahoots with the abuser. I bet Ms. Day is just laughing at us with all of our theories.

I think Nathan hated it Eva since childhood. She was the daughter of the stepmom, or she had a mother and Nathan didn't, or Nathan's father wasn't around much and when he was gave Eva and her mother more attention. So, I think the jealousy became hate, and then it lead to the abuse. Of course that that doesn't make Nathan less sick than he is, but it could be reasons for the hate. Then, Eva told her mother what was going on, Nathan lost the father that he didn't have, so he needed to blame someone, and Eva was the one to blame, so he followed her, got pic and videos of her misbehaving and use to blackmail her mother, but he was going to hate Eva either way, his father was happy when he died, so he didn't care much about Nathan. I do believe that he did have pic, and trash of Eva in this apt and was planning to hurt her more.

that does sound like a good theory. i really hope we will find out in EWY!

I know there have been questions about how Gideon was abused. I definitely think Gideon was raped and I think his rapist was male.

Gideon: "You're going to know what it feels like... Not so neat and tidy when you're the one getting f*****." pg. 281-282, BTY (paperback edition)

Gideon: "He made me come. Every goddamned time, he wouldn't stop until I came, so he could say I liked it." RIY, pg. 331 (kindle ebook)

Initially, I thought Gideon was raped by his stepfather, then I realized that would be too obvious and Gideon wouldn't leave his sister to be raised by a rapist. I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out who the "...shrink and a doctoral candidate she was supervising" are. Did Gideon tell the shrink? Why was the doctoral candidate allowed to be alone with Gideon after the allegations of sexual abuse arose? How long was Gideon abused? So many questions!

I'm not sure about the doctors and their findings (or lack thereof) on Gideon's sexual abuse. I'm not sure if I think they lied or if the doctors checked before there was penetration or what. We know Dr. Lucas checked Gideon out and claimed he found no signs of sexual abuse, but who was the other doctor who checked Gideon out?

I agree I have been wondering about the step dad too. Their is just so little information on him. All we have pretty much is just his physical appearance description and that he in Eva's option was dressed like a professor. I would considered that be "neat and tidy!" Who knows. Sylvia is such a wonderfully gifted writer. So excited for the next book. And yes I am greedy. I will gladly wait till May if it could make a difference is there would a forth book. I know one has nothing to do with the other. I just don't want the series to be over.

LOL Waiting for EIY is like waiting for Christmas morning to see what goodies are under the tree and in our stockings ! There are so many things to reveal and of course the future of Eva and Gideon as a great couple !!! My wish would be to see their relationship now grow with Nathan no longer a threat to Eva and Gideon's secret shared with her. They are so powerful together each supporting the other in all things. But the ultimate of course is see them settled with a family of their own to love and cherish. In the meantime enjoying BIY & RIY again and many other of Sylvia's books. Thanks for so many hours of great reading !

I want to know what Gideon and Corinne were talking about every ###### day?! And why did Gideon hide the fact that he was in constant contact with Corinne from Eva?

I loved RIY, but I would've changed the Brett/Eva kiss at the concert. I would've preferred Eva being honest with Gideon at the concert and told him immediately about her past with Brett. But because she wanted to make him jealous, I would've liked for Gideon & Co. to go backstage and for Eva to walk off with Brett to talk like Gideon did with Corinne. Lol. Lol. Then she should've set up a friendly lunch date with him in front of Gideon. That would've driven him crazy and it would've flowed better within the story. Kissing Brett knowing Gideon was going to see was a little disjointed. It didn't flow naturally with the story. It would've been different had Gideon let Corinne kiss him, but to allow Brett to kiss her because Gideon talks to Corinne and had been engaged to her seemed silly.