Reflected in You **spoiler thread**

Sylvia Day

I have thought some of the same questions as the ones above. I think Gideon's rapist was definetly a man - Gideon refers to him as male every time. I also think Gideon took revenge on his abuser and that the guy may not be alive or was hurt so bad that he's hiding out somewhere scared. He may even make an appearance in EWY and it becomes Eva's turn to get revenge for Gideon - that would be kinda cool. I think the stage has already been set for Gideon's abuser to either show up or the story of what Gideon did to him to come to light. I don't believe his dreams where Gideon's the aggressor are just fantasy; I think they're real life memories. And now having killed Nathan... what kind of dreams will Gideon start having now! I so can't wait for EWY.

I also wonder who the other doctor was that Gideon's mom took him to see and what was his motivation for lying? Are these doctors Elizabeth knew before hand and they lied about the abuse because they were victims of the ponzi scheme Gideon's father tricked people into? Somehow I get the feeling that Gideon's past is going to be shockingly bad. 10x more than Eva's. Come on May 7th.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree I have been wondering about the step dad too. Their is just so little information on him. All we have pretty much is just his physical appearance description and that he in Eva's option was dressed like a professor. I would considered that be "neat and tidy!" Who knows. Sylvia is such a wonderfully gifted writer. So excited for the next book. And yes I am greedy. I will gladly wait till May if it could make a difference is there would a forth book. I know one has nothing to do with the other. I just don't want the series to be over.

In the first book I was thinking it may be the step dad or possibly Chris but I don't think so anymore. I don't think it's Chris because I feel Gideon doesn't like him for another reason, his jealously towards him included. Up until Gideon revealed the secret of his abuse in the second book I thought it was the step dad. In Bared to you I REALLY thought it was the dad when they were having sex in the library. IDK I'm just hoping that the mother wouldn't stay with anyone who would sexually abuse her child but it happens all the time in real life.

All of Gideon's family is a secret which is why I hope they make a big appearance in Entwined in You or whatever the last book may be.

Right now we know so little about all members of his family, it's like:

Chris Sr.- half of his business is owned by his step son.

Chris Jr.- he is a jerk, super jealous of his big brother

Ireland- young teen girl who longs to know her big brother

His mom- didn't believe her son about being sexually abused.

It will be very interesting to see how his story unfolds.

I have thought some of the same questions as the ones above. I think Gideon's rapist was definetly a man - Gideon refers to him as male every time. I also think Gideon took revenge on his abuser and that the guy may not be alive or was hurt so bad that he's hiding out somewhere scared. He may even make an appearance in EWY and it becomes Eva's turn to get revenge for Gideon - that would be kinda cool. I think the stage has already been set for Gideon's abuser to either show up or the story of what Gideon did to him to come to light. I don't believe his dreams where Gideon's the aggressor are just fantasy; I think they're real life memories. And now having killed Nathan... what kind of dreams will Gideon start having now! I so can't wait for EWY.

I also wonder who the other doctor was that Gideon's mom took him to see and what was his motivation for lying? Are these doctors Elizabeth knew before hand and they lied about the abuse because they were victims of the ponzi scheme Gideon's father tricked people into? Somehow I get the feeling that Gideon's past is going to be shockingly bad. 10x more than Eva's. Come on May 7th.

I often wondered what happened to Gideon's rapist. Is he still living? How did Gideon get his revenge? I don't know what I'd do if it turned out that Gideon raped his rapist?!?! I also think Gideon's abuse will turn out to be much, much worse than Eva's.

In the comment section of snippet #6, Sylvia Day commented:

"This is a sliver of one of my favorite scenes in ENTWINED! (also my editor's and agent's,too).

Actually, one of my favorite scenes in the whole series so far. :)"

WOW..

I think that Eva and Gideon still cannot be seen together..

Perhaps she goes to one of his night clubs to hopefully just get a glimpse of him?

In the comment section of snippet #6, Sylvia Day commented:

"This is a sliver of one of my favorite scenes in ENTWINED! (also my editor's and agent's,too).

Actually, one of my favorite scenes in the whole series so far. :)"

WOW..

I think that Eva and Gideon still cannot be seen together..

Perhaps she goes to one of his night clubs to hopefully just get a glimpse of him?

Oh, that makes me so excited for the book. And yes, they probably can't (or shouldn't?) be seen together. It seems like they're meeting in secret, especially when she says, "No one seeing him would put him together with Gideon Cross..." These snippets are fun, because their story can go in so many directions.

I just dont want it drsgged out them not being together i want gid and eva together all the time already they r too hot to be aoart

Ha! I almost hope it's dragged out so there's a fourth book : )

When Sylvia got a lot of negative feedback on the snippet, I think she purposely commented on a comment that stated that the scene was clearly an act put on by Eva (perhaps in relation to pretending they are still not together?). Sylvia told her something along the lines that she was an intuitive reader.

By Eva's smile when she sees Gideon there, it's pretty clear there is no animosity or anger. He is aroused and perhaps a bit jealous to see another man touching her. But she wasn't nervous about his reaction to the other man and gave him her full attention when he crossed the room to her.

Basically, a snippet is too hard to judge. We did not get the context of the scene to know exactly what was happening. So I prefer not to judge an excerpt until we get the full text. Who knows what was going on, but based on Sylvia saying it was her favorite and most fun scene to write, I think we shouldn't read too much into it.

Wasn't sure about #6 after the first read, but having re-read it several times I really love it and the promise of what comes next 'up against the mirror'.  Then went back and re-read all the others.   There is something about these two, can't wait for EIY !    But the wait has given me time to read lots of her other books ! They are great.   

Does anybody remember when Gideon first met with Richard? Does it say in the book?

For some reason, I feel like either the timeline or something that I read tells me that Gideon and Richard meet right after Gideon beat Nathan up in his office?

I get the feeling that Gideon and Richard were plotting together very early on, on how to handle Nathan if he re-appeared. If I'm right, and Victor finds out about all of this, Gideon and Richard are in big trouble with Victor for keeping him out of the loop on things with his daughter.

Does anybody remember when Gideon first met with Richard? Does it say in the book?

For some reason, I feel like either the timeline or something that I read tells me that Gideon and Richard meet right after Gideon beat Nathan up in his office?

I get the feeling that Gideon and Richard were plotting together very early on, on how to handle Nathan if he re-appeared. If I'm right, and Victor finds out about all of this, Gideon and Richard are in big trouble with Victor for keeping him out of the loop on things with his daughter.

He met with Richard the day after Eva told Gideon about Nathan the day Eva and her mom were going to the therapy appointment.

He met with Richard the day after Eva told Gideon about Nathan the day Eva and her mom were going to the therapy appointment.

Was that all on the same day that Gideon and Nathan met as well? The events occurred one right after another during that point in the book?

• Eva told Gideon about Nathan
  • Eva spots Corinne leaving Crossfire while at the same time Gideon is beating Nathan up in his office.
  • Gideon visits with Richard.
  • Monica and Eva talk about Eva revealing her secret to Gideon. Wasn't Eva upset during the car ride to the therapist with her mom? About what? 

<p>

Was that all on the same day that Gideon and Nathan met as well? The events occurred one right after another during that point in the book?

• Eva told Gideon about Nathan
  • Eva spots Corinne leaving Crossfire while at the same time Gideon is beating Nathan up in his office.
  • Gideon visits with Richard.
  • Monica and Eva talk about Eva revealing her secret to Gideon. Wasn't Eva upset during the car ride to the therapist with her mom? About what?
It was not the same day he met Nathan. Nathan doesn't show up until RIY, and Corrine is not in NY at this point. Eva is upset during the car ride because Gideon gave her back her apartment keys via Mark at the meeting and she is upset that Gideon is worried about his image. That he doesn't want her because of everything that happened with Nathan. We know that he's trying to protect her, but Eva's self esteem won't allow her to realize that is his motive. It's a very accurate reaction for someone who has survived that type of abuse.

Ok, so glad there's a place to talk about these books! I can not wait for EWY to come out, I hope it does before May! I saw on Sylvia's twitter that she said EWY starts off right where RIY finished. Here are my thoughts:

- I really hope that Gideon tells Eva that it was Nathan in his office, not Corrine right away! That must be eating at him that he couldn't/wouldn't tell her.

-Victor's probably going to find out what happened to Eva now, the files aren't sealed on them anymore and he must be wondering why Nathan's name worried Eva so much-He'll probably have it out w/ Monica b/c he was never told.

-I think that Corrine and Christopher are working together somehow, maybe Eva has to use her Krav Maga on him at some point...lol..Since she is what Gideon wants, and Christopher wants everything he has. I think it's Odd that he met up w/ Eva the same day that she went to see Corrine...

-I hope there isn't a pregnancy, this is FSOG...lol..let them have happy time alone for a while before babies!

-What are Corrine and Gideon talking about when they're out together??? He's gotta stop that asap!

-I like Cary, I don't think he'll be any trouble.

I don't know, these are some of my thoughts. I don't know anyone else who's read these books, and I didn't realize when I read the first two that the third hadn't come out yet! I probably wouldn't have started them...hate not finishing books...lol.