Reflected in You **spoiler thread**

Sylvia Day

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is Eva asking Gideon did he take his vitamins? Gideon is clearly in Vegas as Eva, which would explain the travel tags on the cover of the 3rd book.

It will be interesting to see how Sylvia creates the possibiblity for Eva and Gideon to get married and they're still pretending to keep there relationship under wraps unless they are hiding there relationship from other people, (not the cops) maybe Christopher, Corinne, Brett, etc. There is still room for Eva & Gideon's relationship to be under threat. Its not like everybody in there circle is rooting for them like we are.

Its quite possible that the cops have laid off them and now they have to deal with the wrath of the people around them. They each have people who are obsessiveness enough to act crazy. Bret and Corinne. Bret made it clear that he would not be deterred easily and Corinne's marriage ended and she moved back from Europe because of Gideon. 

We don't know what skeletons Gideon has in his closet. Just the abuse piece. Christopher comes across like a really dangerous character as well. Not to be trusted. I never liked when Eva mingled with him. It always felt like she was setting the stage for him to grow founder of her, and add to his need to take her from Gideon.

I always wondered if Cary and Victor talked that night after the detectives left. If its one person Cary knows would never abandon Eva besides himself is Victor. I think Monica loves Eva but she's been too distant for me and more focused on marrying the right wealthy man in my opinion. Her need to continue to live the life she craves would cloud her judgement, whereas Victor has never faltered in his position in Eva's corner as her Dad. You can sure that Victor will find out what happened and that will be a key scene in the next books, and if it isn't, then us fans will write our on scene.

I think the vitamins mentioned in snippet #7 refers to something Cary said in RIY

“What kind of vitamins does Cross take?â€â€œHuh?â€â€œI’m never not , and even I can’t pile-drive all night like that

Not sure if the club is in Vegas

But who are the girls that Eva's with?

The dance club scene (snippets 6 and 7) takes place in New York. Gideon is at home and Eva is out with some girls at a club Gideon owns. The clues are in snippet 7, the phone call Eva makes:

"I went to the bar and waited for an opening to ask for Pellegrino and the phone. I dialed Gideon’s cell number, since it was the one I had memorized. I figured it was safe since I was calling from a public place he owned."

Meaning she used the bar phone, instead of her cell phone. She's got his cell, office and home numbers programmed into her cell phone, but it makes sense it's his cell she had memorized, because she rarely called him at home.

Further down in snippet 7:

He growled. â€œCome home and be bad with me.â€

The thought of him at home, ready for me, made me even more eager for him. “I’m stuck here â€˜til the girls are done, which looks to be a while.â€

“I can come to you. Within twenty minutes ....(what he says next is pretty hot).

So she's somewhere within 20 minutes of his apartment. She's out partying like a single woman as part of continuing to keep up the public act she and Gideon aren't seeing one another. And when he does show up 20 minutes later, he's careful about his appearance. From snippet 6:

" .... him in a dark T-shirt and jeans, his hair pulled back from that breathtaking face. No one seeing him would put him together with Gideon Cross, the international mogul. This guy appeared younger and rougher, distinctive only for his incredible smokin’ hotness."

Two things interest me: I think Eva is able to sneak in and out of his apartment building just like he's able to sneak in and out of her's. And they're being careful about which telephone numbers they use (numbers that leave a paper trail on phone records.)

I think the vitamins mentioned in snippet #7 refers to something Cary said in RIY

“What kind of vitamins does Cross take?â€â€œHuh?â€â€œI’m never not , and even I can’t pile-drive all night like that

Not sure if the club is in Vegas

But who are the girls that Eva's with?

Maybe Megumi is getting married?        I thought that they were at one of Gideon's clubs in New York....

The dance club scene (snippets 6 and 7) takes place in New York. Gideon is at home and Eva is out with some girls at a club Gideon owns. The clues are in snippet 7, the phone call Eva makes:

"I went to the bar and waited for an opening to ask for Pellegrino and the phone. I dialed Gideon’s cell number, since it was the one I had memorized. I figured it was safe since I was calling from a public place he owned."

Hi LN Cronan,

You make some really good points! Congratulations on your posting being promoted to an article. When you are finished writing it, could you please let me know where it will be posted so I can read it? Thanks in advance. :)

Meaning she used the bar phone, instead of her cell phone. She's got his cell, office and home numbers programmed into her cell phone, but it makes sense it's his cell she had memorized, because she rarely called him at home.

Further down in snippet 7:

He growled. ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…“Come home and be bad with me.â€

The thought of him at home, ready for me, made me even more eager for him. “I’m stuck here ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‹Å“til the girls are done, which looks to be a while.â€

“I can come to you. Within twenty minutes ....(what he says next is pretty hot).

So she's somewhere within 20 minutes of his apartment. She's out partying like a single woman as part of continuing to keep up the public act she and Gideon aren't seeing one another. And when he does show up 20 minutes later, he's careful about his appearance. From snippet 6:

" .... him in a dark T-shirt and jeans, his hair pulled back from that breathtaking face. No one seeing him would put him together with Gideon Cross, the international mogul. This guy appeared younger and rougher, distinctive only for his incredible smokin’ hotness."

Two things interest me: I think Eva is able to sneak in and out of his apartment building just like he's able to sneak in and out of her's. And they're being careful about which telephone numbers they use (numbers that leave a paper trail on phone records.)

Definitely Shawna, I think. Shawna was the first female friend in New York to ask Eva to go out partying. Shawna was the one who got the Sixth Ninths tickets and then invited Eva to go to the concert. I can see Shawna inviting Eva along to go clubbing with her and some of her friends. Shawna's got a boyfriend, but he's over in Italy.

Megumi maybe. She's gone to lunch with Eva a couple of times. But Megumi's got a brand new boyfriend, that guy she first went out on a blind date with and then ended up getting an invite for a weekend at a place in the Hamptons his family owns.

Cary? Not sure. I'm eager to see what role he plays in the whole Gideon-Eva secret. How much, if any, of the truth do they tell him? Nothing about the murder is my guess if they know the cops are tailing Eva and/or Gideon. The more people who know, the greater the danger. But maybe they do tell Cary that the pair of them (Eva and Gideon) don't want to be seen in public anymore (no more tabloid photos). Cary I'm sure will continue to be a very important character.

I dunno if Eva would be dirty dancing with a strange guy if Cary were at the club the night described in the two snippets.

Hello, I am new to this site so bear with me!

I have a question, maybe already been asked..but here goes!

After Monica saw NAthan outside of crossfire, did she do anything about it? Or did she just tuck it under her hat? Has anyone brought up the idea that she may have called Gideon after that (since it was right outside his building) and met with him and Stanton to discuss how to handle...so they were in the plot to at least get rid of Nathan somehow and keep Eva in the dark. Maybe this is why she didn't ask any questions about Gideon to Eva after she found out Nathan was dead and she didn't ask any questions about him during Spa day?

After Monica saw NAthan outside of crossfire, did she do anything about it? Or did she just tuck it under her hat? Has anyone brought up the idea that she may have called Gideon after that (since it was right outside his building) and met with him and Stanton to discuss how to handle...so they were in the plot to at least get rid of Nathan somehow and keep Eva in the dark. Maybe this is why she didn't ask any questions about Gideon to Eva after she found out Nathan was dead and she didn't ask any questions about him during Spa day?

I did, Earlier on I made the comment of her & Clancy!  Everyone kept saying Angus but if you remember correctly Clancy saw him too when he asked them to get in the car & he would take them the rest of the way & Monica sat in the front this time with Clancy instead of in the back with the girls.  She also asked Clancy on the street did he see him.  I'm not giving up on that.....  Sylvia Day commented that the day Eva called Gideon from the hospital & he couldn't talk & he had someone in his house that he was talking to a security team.  I'm sure it was Angus as well as Clancy & probably Stanton & Monica!  We will find out the twist to it all & I don't think that the story is going to end with this book.  Sylvia Day said when she posted the new cover on FB that she had some big news to tell us but she would tell us later and then she tweeted & said that Gideon & Eva still had room to grow!  So I'm thinking that there will be another book following & if so I do hope that she is writing it because I don't want to wait this long for another one of the Crossfire Series!  

WHAT DO YOU THINK?  AM I RIGHT, WE WILL KNOW SOON ENOUGH!

Interesting idea re: Gideon working together with Monica and/or Stanton. I'm liking it too! Couple of thoughts based on some things we definitely know from Bared and Reflected as well as theories.

I think Stanton definitely found Nathan was in town almost immediately after Monica spotted Nathan outside the Crossfire. She wasn't the only one to see him - Stanton's driver/bodyguard, Clancy, was there and saw Nathan too. This we know from Reflected. I think Clancy definitely would have called Stanton immediately. Monica too, probably, all in a panic and crying and leaning on Stanton, her rich powerful husband, to handle the situation.

So did Stanton call Gideon, and if so, when? That day Nathan was spotted outside Crossfire? (Remember, Eva works in the building too, and I'll bet Stanton could have been worried and demanding to know what Gideon planned to do about Nathan being there.) Or might Stanton have called at a later time, soon after Nathan attempted to blackmail him, asking Gideon whether Nathan also tried extorting money from him (Gideon)? 

The cops have gotten copies of the security tapes from the office building where Stanton works, we know, because Monica told Eva (after the murder). Maybe looking for evidence Stanton and Gideon met, and if so, how many times? We already know, from Bared to You, that Gideon went to Stanton's office at least one time, right after Eva first told Gideon about Nathan. Gideon went there asking Stanton about his (Stanton's) paying money to tighten the secrecy seals on the civil lawsuit settlement.

Were there additional meetings? Or at least phone calls between Stanton and Gideon (with the telephone numbers showing up on phone records)? Maybe one of the reasons the cops are seriously investigating Stanton is they're trying to find out whether Stanton was some sort of accomplice? Both men had motive for wanting Nathan dead. But Gideon also had opportunity to get to Nathan. We know they're investigating both men (this is in Reflected.) But we know from the end of Reflected the cops definitely think Gideon did the deed, yet they just can't prove it thus far. Maybe they're hoping if Stanton was some how involved and they can find evidence against him, they'll offer Stanton a deal in return for turning state's evidence against Gideon?

I did, Earlier on I made the comment of her & Clancy!  Everyone kept saying Angus but if you remember correctly Clancy saw him too when he asked them to get in the car & he would take them the rest of the way & Monica sat in the front this time with Clancy instead of in the back with the girls.  She also asked Clancy on the street did he see him.  I'm not giving up on that.....  Sylvia Day commented that the day Eva called Gideon from the hospital & he couldn't talk & he had someone in his house that he was talking to a security team.  I'm sure it was Angus as well as Clancy & probably Stanton & Monica!  We will find out the twist to it all & I don't think that the story is going to end with this book.  Sylvia Day said when she posted the new cover on FB that she had some big news to tell us but she would tell us later and then she tweeted & said that Gideon & Eva still had room to grow!  So I'm thinking that there will be another book following & if so I do hope that she is writing it because I don't want to wait this long for another one of the Crossfire Series!  

WHAT DO YOU THINK?  AM I RIGHT, WE WILL KNOW SOON ENOUGH!

YES totally!! There is no way in heck that Monica saw Nathan and then just did nothing. She def. discussed it with Clancy..(nice catch with her sitting up front!) and then I BET she called Gideon...why wouldn't she? He was coming out of the Crossfire bldg! How are we going to wait until June! Also...if Sylvia said Gideon was talking to his secutiry team...what exactly does that mean? Can someone clear that up? Wouldn't he keep any details about Nathan to himself and possibly Angus? Who is on his "security team?"

Gideon's security team was first mentioned in bared to you when he went to the Vidal house to get Eva from the garden party.

Could it be that since Monica along with Clancy saw Nathan would they have discussed it with Stanton and then Gideon to find out why Nathan was at the crossfire . All of them have motive to kill Nathan . If they were all involved then the police can't find enough evidence on any of them they'll try and see who breaks first.

I'd love it if Christopher jr got sent down for it don't like him he's defanetly trouble .

June can't come soon enough or even just the next snippet possibility of a valentines day snippet!!!!!