Reflected in You **spoiler thread**

Sylvia Day

Hi Shycharm, I really like your theory about Monica. Here's what I think. I don't think Gideon killed Nathan. Let's all think about this for a second. Nathan already got into an altrication with Gideon and he wound up on the loosing end...Sylvia confirmed during one of the discussions that the stain on Gideon's cuff was blood. If Nathan already got into a fight with Gideon and lost, I don't think that he would open his hotel room if Gideon were on the other side of the door. Why would Nathan put himself at risk to collect a randsom. Wouldn't he have made arrangements to pick up the randsome in a public place...thereby ensuring his safety? If you think about it who would be the only nontrhreatening person that Nathan might open his hotel room door for? I say Monica. She is feminime, gentile, etc. and absolutely no one would think of her as being capable. What I don't think that Nathan was counting on was the level of anger or hatred that Monica may have had for him. I think Nathan opened his hotel room door, maybe expecting a payout or something and then boom....Monica stabbed him once in the chest and he never saw it coming. I think then maybe Gideon, Clancy, or Stanton may have helped to cover up the crime (there is no way the Gideon would ever tell Eva that her mother killed Nathan). I think Monica had the means, the motive and maybe the opportunity to kill Nathan. What is that old saying..."never come between a mother bear and her cubs..." I think she realized her daughter was in imminent danger and avenged what happened to her. What does everyone else think?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've long since stated that it makes sense it's Monica. It's that simple. She is very protective of Eva and I can definitely see her doing this. Never underestimate the power of a mother's love.

On a more important note, from the looks of things it's not that SD has not met her deadline and the like, and looks like EWY is completed or just about, but longistics on the publisher's end has caused the delay and constant push back.

While totally understandable I think creating a petition to get prompt release will expedite things on their end, no????

TOWARDS THIS END, I AM SO SERIOUS ABOUT ABOUT CREATING AN ONELINE PETITION!!!

Authors, even the most successful ones, are in the end at the business mercy of their publishers. I wonder whether the publisher pushed the release date as part of fueling the fire by whipping the fans into a frenzy. It's working, too, I think. In their defense, though, there is a massive amount of logistics to co-ordinate around the release of a book that is guaranteed to hit the best-seller lists immediately.

Anyhoo. Sylvia's been great about keeping we fans informed. She's assured us that the June date is "set in stone." But we fans continuing to talk about (and gripe about) the release delay is a very powerful petition itself. I'm in public relations, and I can assure you the publishers do read fan sites, Facebook, Twitter, all the social media. There is very sophisticated search engine technology that captures information like this, technology that even captures the very tones of social media buzz. Technology the biggest corporations pay big money for to test the moods of their customers. Note: this sort of customer feedback isn't the type of PR I do, but I know of the existence of this social media search technology via some clients I do have.

So a petition would get at least the notice of the publisher. Change the date? Probably not: the publicity about June is now out there. But it would at least send a message.

Dully noted. I am just being "Eva-style restless". I figure since I have to wait, I might as well.

Love this, KiMa!! And some of us fans also have a Gideon-style impatience. We want what we want when we want it. And though we try for delayed gratification to heighten the reward, the fact of the matter is "We Can't Wait. We Want It. Now."

Is it any wonder we're hooked on the books. 

It really is kind of the typical Gideon/Eva situation with Sylvia (aka Gideon) telling us (aka Eva) to "WAIT." Gosh, now I so have a deeper understanding of that part in the book. Grrrr the frustration. And no other book gives me that much satisfication as this story is just beyond freaking unique and compelling. It's in a category of its own!!!!

And with her snippets to us here and there, its the equilavent of Gideon and Eva having secretly "stolen moments" away from prying eyes (darn publishers), no!!! Lol

Thrilled that the Entwined stolen moments we've seen bits of are a lot happier and hotter than Gideon cornering a reluctant and confused Eva in elevators. Pinning her up against a wall in a remote corner of a nightclub .... whew ... fanning myself thinking about where that'll lead next.

I don't think it was Monica. She probably could have done it, but Gideon pretty much admitted that he did it in the NYE excerpt from his POV. Then Eva saying that he's got 'proverbial blood on his hands'.

I just wanted to mention a book I've just read that I thought was pretty good.

Beauty from Pain by Georgia Cates. 

It's got the Hottie multibillion/millionare, young beautiful girl he makes an offer to she can't refuse. IT was $3.99 on Amazon Kindle. Good story,quick read. only thing is that's its a series too...w/ the second book not being released until May :( Darn these series! Why can't they all just be released shortly after the other! lol. I really hope the wait for the 4th Crossfire book isn't going to be ridiculous.

I don't think it was Monica. She probably could have done it, but Gideon pretty much admitted that he did it in the NYE excerpt from his POV. Then Eva saying that he's got 'proverbial blood on his hands'.

I just wanted to mention a book I've just read that I thought was pretty good.

Beauty from Pain by Georgia Cates. 

It's got the Hottie multibillion/millionare, young beautiful girl he makes an offer to she can't refuse. IT was $3.99 on Amazon Kindle. Good story,quick read. only thing is that's its a series too...w/ the second book not being released until May :( Darn these series! Why can't they all just be released shortly after the other! lol. I really hope the wait for the 4th Crossfire book isn't going to be ridiculous.

I saw that book but decided not to read it because the synopsis reminded me of a book I read and did not enjoy "The Marriage Bargin" by Jennifer Probst. Have you read it does it compare?

But getting back to Sylvia/Crossfire, I hope there are more books. I actually enjoy reading GOOD series such as this. But then again I hope not because I want to I want to know everything about Gideon, his family and secrets NOW! lol.

Just a thought and maybe I am way off...Do you think that maybe the snippets are like a "pre" story to EWY. Meaning that EWY picks up a couple weeks after RIY not immediately and these snippets are about their sneaky ways of seeing each other and then when EWY starts they are able to be back together.

Sylvia has said that these snippets/teasers are not necessarily going to be in EWY. So I keep reading these as if they are snippets and a little view of how those couple of weeks went when they had to sneak around.

Sylvia posted somewhere (Facebook or Twitter) that Entwined will pick up immediately where Reflected left off without a break in the story.

Reflected picked up nearly where Bared left off. Bared ended with Eva and Gideon resolving (for then anyway) the fight they had over the fact Eva got blindsided about Corrine's existence. As Bared ends, they left for his apartment to stay the night. Reflected begins  the next morning at his place.

I saw that book but decided not to read it because the synopsis reminded me of a book I read and did not enjoy "The Marriage Bargin" by Jennifer Probst. Have you read it does it compare?

But getting back to Sylvia/Crossfire, I hope there are more books. I actually enjoy reading GOOD series such as this. But then again I hope not because I want to I want to know everything about Gideon, his family and secrets NOW! lol.

No, haven't read " The Marriage Bargin'. Not so great? I just read another book 'Collide'...that of course...is a series w/ the sequal not to be released until May...lol...I really don't know why I do this to myself. I guess I'm looking for another good book, it's got a lot of great reviews...and I've gotta read em! Also, books for $3.99 or less on Kindle is great too. :) Still dying for June for this release. Just hope the 4th book comes out shortly after...You think that she's done w/ book 4 considering book 3 was supposed to be out in Dec?

No, haven't read " The Marriage Bargin'. Not so great? I just read another book 'Collide'...that of course...is a series w/ the sequal not to be released until May...lol...I really don't know why I do this to myself. I guess I'm looking for another good book, it's got a lot of great reviews...and I've gotta read em! Also, books for $3.99 or less on Kindle is great too. :) Still dying for June for this release. Just hope the 4th book comes out shortly after...You think that she's done w/ book 4 considering book 3 was supposed to be out in Dec?

I think she will have a 4th book. Like someone else said on a post, unless the book is 1000 pages, it's going to be kind of hard to fit all the questions needed to be answered in this one book. Unless Gideon gives some long dialogue about everything which I really hope does not happen. Plus I just have a strange feeling that she will do it. There is so much more to Eva and Gideon than just three books! Heck, it could go all the way up to five and I would not mind! I really enjoy series. It sucks to say goodbye to characters you enjoy.

Hi Everyone, I am new to this. I have read both books. Would someone be able to help me out with the scene when Gideon and Eva were at Dr Peterson's office and Gideon pulled Eva in the hallway and gave her a look, what did that look mean? I believe it was at the end of Chapter 8.

Hi! I asked Sylvia the same thing on Twitter and this was her response:  She's a runner, but she told Dr. Petersen that failure wasn't an option. That was huge for both of them & meant a lot to Gideon.

Hi Everyone, I am new to this. I have read both books. Would someone be able to help me out with the scene when Gideon and Eva were at Dr Peterson's office and Gideon pulled Eva in the hallway and gave her a look, what did that look mean? I believe it was at the end of Chapter 8.

Eva also told Dr. Peterson that she Loved Gideon & when he took her out & gave her that look, in my opinion that was his way of telling her that he Loved her because after they kissed Eva said her didn't have to say anything & that she got it. Meaning she got what he couldn't or wouldn't say because he showed her how he felt about her.

I think she will have a 4th book. Like someone else said on a post, unless the book is 1000 pages, it's going to be kind of hard to fit all the questions needed to be answered in this one book. Unless Gideon gives some long dialogue about everything which I really hope does not happen. Plus I just have a strange feeling that she will do it. There is so much more to Eva and Gideon than just three books! Heck, it could go all the way up to five and I would not mind! I really enjoy series. It sucks to say goodbye to characters you enjoy.

Last night on Twitter, Sylvia responded yet again to a fan question whether Entwined will be the final book in the series. Her answer: "There's definitely more room for growth."

I'm taking that to mean the Crossfire series isn't going to end with Entwined. That there will be at least a fourth book. SQUEEEEEE!

And in another Tweet last night, Sylvia promoted this fan site, saying "If you like chatting with others about Crossfire,

there's lots of fun speculation here: http://sylviaday.net"

She must be reading these threads. Double SQUEEEEEE!

Hello Everyone

I'm new to the forum but I have been reading all the post. I have to say with everyone's opinion I think you all probably put EWY in prospective in one way or another. I did tweet SD this morning about a 4th book..! She said she doesn't want to discuss it as of yet. I'm so hoping there is a 4th book as long as the story doesn't get boring like the last book of FSOG. I look forward to chatting with you all in the coming months before and after the release of EWY.! :)