Reflected in You **spoiler thread**

Sylvia Day

Hi KiMa,

I read your theory and I was wondering how did Corinne know about Nathan and how could she have picked him out of a crowd? Do you think that Gideon told her about the abuse Eva suffered or do you think that she went digging on her own? I think that if you can answer those questions, then your theory becomes more plausible. :)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks as MrsCrossfire wasn't getting where I was coming from. If you read those scene like I can see the two meeting up easily. I am not suggesting Gideon had Corrine killed Nathan, I think everyone had plan to protect Eva and Corrine actually killed him because he potentially violated her.

I don't think Gideon told her about the abuse as he never felt comfortable bing himself with her which is why hey never worked out or will. I think when Gideon and Eva's relationship went public and Corrine came into the mix, Nathan strategically sought her out as he is that evil and vicious.

Remember he showed up in Gideon office and Corrine showed up in the building as well. Neither was invited by Gideon. I think Nathan manipulated Corrine and once the veil was removed that she killed him. And Gideon was protecting her subsequently.

Hi LNCronan,

I think that Gideon's actions in the elevator could be explained away. He could have spun the story to the police about how; he needed to remind Eva to stop calling him, following him, going after his family members, friends, etc. (depending on the timeline) and I think that would only be based on the accounts of witnesses. Somehow I doubt that the detectives could gain access to every single office and employee in the building.

I have one quick question; if Gideon and Stanton didn't meet in their respective offices, then where did they meet? I seriously doubt that there would be a phone trail between the two men either, which leads me to my next question; How did these two men communicate if they didn't communicate by phone?

I actually like Corrine's character and don't think she is evil. I think she is the key (her killing Nathan is a gift) that will enable to two the be together. That was not her intention of course re: killing Nathan to protect Eva, she was hooking up with Nathan in defense of Gideon now moving on with Eva. See it in her and Nathan's minds as bed hopping,

Of course she thought he was a "good" guy that got rejected by evil Eva (Nathan manipulation)

The only person she will trust subsequent to killing and ask for help is Gideon!

Ask yourself why Corrine was in the building if not to see Gideon (she clearly was not) as Gideon didn't even know she was there or got into his car. And remember Gideon never invited Nathan to his office and his response when Eva ask who he was meeting was something along the lines of an unexpected appointment!

Maybe both were going to see Eva and then the somehow met...

Sylvia should give us a prize for the ones who guess things correctly later on, no! Lol.

This forum is indeed making the "wait" bearable!

Hi KiMa,

I am not suggesting that Gideon had Corinne kill Nathan. I was just wondering how Corinne would have know how to pick Nathan out of a crowd. What motive would Corinne have to kill Nathan? Did Nathan just pick Corinne off the street, follow her somewhere and try to attack her? Did he use his charms to lure her somewhere and then attack her? What? If you can come up with the ideas, I am all ears. :)

I think that Corinne showed up at the Crossfire Building looking to meet with Gideon but was wasn't allowed to meet with Gideon (for whatever reason) and maybe on her way out of the building she saw Eva and knew that she could get to her by making her jealous. So Corinne musses her self up a little, paints the "I had a good time look" on her face and walks out the door smugly. I am saying this strictly from a speculative point of view. Sylvia did not specifically write that is what Corinne did. That is why this such a good series. It allows the reader's imagination to flourish. What do you think? :)

Omg i hate corrine lol i definitly dont want tobthinkbthat gid is protecting her st all i want him to fight with her tell her off and cut her out of his life for good do there is no more hurt or problems between gid and eva im so on a roller cosster here i so cant wsit for june 4

Omg i hate corrine lol i definitly dont want tobthinkbthat gid is protecting her st all i want him to fight with her tell her off and cut her out of his life for good do there is no more hurt or problems between gid and eva im so on a roller cosster here i so cant wsit for june 4

Read my above posts. I think she did have a "tumble" with Nathan and he tried to violate her and she killed him. That she called Gideon for help,

I think thy both met in the buildings and potentially both were there to see Eva who was out . Or Corrine was there to see Eva who was out and ran into Nathan who just came from seeing Gideon and fighting with him.

He subsequently manipulated Corrine or maybe (and this is far fetched) Nathan researched Gideon,found out about Corrine convinces her to come back as she will be able to reunite with Gideon and he Eva an potentially they were in cohorts until Corrine really saw his evil side.

I think there is more to Corrine's character and I actually do like her. I equally think there is more interactions that occurred between Nathan and Corrine as well. Since this is written from Eva's perspective and not 3rd person we of course don't have all the pieces but just seeing things from Eva's eyes.

My vote is Corrine killed Nathan and also Cary wasn't attach by Nathan but by someone else as Monica stated (I posted this earlier) that Cary was supposedly warned to stay away from "her" meaning the bf or whatever of one of his lovers attacked him an this had nothing to do with Nathan.

You dislike Corrine as you have the Eva reaction which I got as she did share an experience with Gideon,

I actually appreciate her contribution to Gideon's development as it enabled him to realize she isn't the one for him.

It would have been nice if he and Eva were each others 1st consensual relationship subsequent to abuse.

Ps- I think also Gideon was molested, that his abuser nasturbated him initially (hence his scream of "no don't touch me, it hurts" nightmares and outburst and hence the lack of physical evidence.

It was unwanted sex but not in the sense of what we typically think.

Lol i see ur point but im do pro gid and eva i hste anyone that can csuse yhem problems lol its like i know them snd they r real i hsve nrver gotten into s book or fict chsrscters like these teo i just want gid and eva together hsppy mo one in the midfle of them dovto yhink gid wud protect corrine and put eva thru this hesrtbreak kills me

Do u think he was raped anally or orally? I do because of the hurt part he screams im eondering if we eill find out everything i read sylvia a while sgo ssy entwined eill be gideons story snd its very very deep i judt want this to hurty fsdt not drsg on eith the hifing out and murder thing just let them eotk on getting gid to open up snd them getting maried lol

I think Eva doesn't hate Corrine either, I think she hate Corrine had an experience with Gideon. So do I (lol).

Eva and Gideon but hate (dislike is mediocre term to use) the fact that the other shared experiences with other partners/lovers. Their connection is that powerful that despite their abuse, like Eva said, they are both virgins having sex, making love, F(&^*** for the first time :)

I dont think anal (hence no evidence of abuse) and if potentially oral that it was done to him and not him forced to do it.

That it hurt because when one gets an there is a reason why its called a "small death" that the toon and release to a kid was confusing and hurtful. Sex without love is painful, forcing the body to release (enter into an orgasmic experience) is equally painful as well.

Just my thoughts though. I love speculating to pass the wait.

Read pages32-39 and visually imagine the time laspse between Eva returning from lunch, Corrine leaving the building as Eva was across the street, Nathan leaving Gideon's office (and he randomly appeared there as well I think as Gideon won't dare invite him that close to Eva) after the fight, Eva walking into the office.

I think Angus offered Corrine a ride purposely to warn her potentially.

KiMa

Where does this scene start? My Nook reader does not match with those page.

I have realized when read the paper copy I can pick up on more things that on my kindle. Electronic device enables a vast read but with the book I can focus more.

It should be right after Eva and Megaumi came from lunch, into her going to Gideon's office after seeing Corrine's disheveled look. My kindle has these scene as end of chapter 2, into early beginning if chapter 3. Same as the book. I don't know what pages on your nook this will be though.

Hi everyone,

I think that maybe initially Gideon was physically touched but I think that later on the abuse may have escalated to actual penetration. My supposition is based on Gideon's dream where he is yelling about how much it hurts. I suppose that it could be a matter of interpretation and I think that is one issue that will hopefully be dealt with in the next book.

As I stated before, depending on when Gideon was examined, would determine whether there was physical evidence (ie. when did Gideon make his outcry and tell his mother that he was being abused). There is absolutely no written word from Sylvia, I suspect that Gideon probably tolerated a lot of abuse before he finally opened his mouth and said something to his mother. In which case, if my theory is correct there would have been physical signs of abuse; tearing, scarring, bruising, hemorrhages, petechiae, etc.(any or all of the symptoms). If that theory is correct, it would have lead to someone covering up Gideon's abuse, which means pediatricians lied when they claimed that they couldn't find any abuse/or someone paid these medical professionals off to cover up any potential scandals. I think that Sylvia may give more in depth information in her next book.

All of these theories (it doesn't matter which theory anyone discusses), are based one and dependent on one thought or another. It is almost like building a house made out of cards. One wrong move and the entire house tumbles down. What does everyone think?

Hi KiMa,

I am not suggesting that Gideon had Corinne kill Nathan. I was just wondering how Corinne would have know how to pick Nathan out of a crowd. What motive would Corinne have to kill Nathan? Did Nathan just pick Corinne off the street, follow her somewhere and try to attack her? Did he use his charms to lure her somewhere and then attack her? What? If you can come up with the ideas, I am all ears. :)

I think that Corinne showed up at the Crossfire Building looking to meet with Gideon but was wasn't allowed to meet with Gideon (for whatever reason) and maybe on her way out of the building she saw Eva and knew that she could get to her by making her jealous. So Corinne musses her self up a little, paints the "I had a good time look" on her face and walks out the door smugly. I am saying this strictly from a speculative point of view. Sylvia did not specifically write that is what Corinne did. That is why this such a good series. It allows the reader's imagination to flourish. What do you think? :)

This what I was trying to say.! not that I misunderstood KiMa point..! If Nathan left Gideon's office with blood on him (the blood on Gideon's shirt came from him) what would make Corrine hook up with him..! KiMa has a point but Gideon had dinner with Corrine that Monday when him and Eva came back from NC, Nathan was still alive at that point so how would Corrine persuade Gideon to have dinner with her, knowing that Eva would have fit..! If KiMa theory is true Corrine would have had tell Gideon what was going on in order to get him to go with the flow...??

Hi LNCronan,

I think that Gideon's actions in the elevator could be explained away. He could have spun the story to the police about how; he needed to remind Eva to stop calling him, following him, going after his family members, friends, etc. (depending on the timeline) and I think that would only be based on the accounts of witnesses. Somehow I doubt that the detectives could gain access to every single office and employee in the building.

I have one quick question; if Gideon and Stanton didn't meet in their respective offices, then where did they meet? I seriously doubt that there would be a phone trail between the two men either, which leads me to my next question; How did these two men communicate if they didn't communicate by phone?

How did Gideon sneak in to see Eva at her apartment in the Entwined excerpt? By disguising himself to look like some ordinary 20-something guy. Old college sweatshirt. Yankee's cap. He could be using similar means to sneak near Stanton, maybe at Stanton's home. And again, I'm not saying the police are going to manage to find some evidence in tapes, phone records, etc. Gideon and Stanton are too smart. All I'm saying is I think the cops are DIGGING HARD. Trying to link the men in any way around the time of the murder and maybe subsequent to it. 

Certainly, Gideon's not using any of his phones to reach Stanton, It's no mistake he's not phoned Eva once, anywhere, since Detective Graves saw him on his cell phone, his face looking like someone just died. Guessing correctly it was Eva on the other end.

What if, when his mother first found out Gideon may be being abused, that there were no physical signs yet. That it was still at the initial stage where the abuser was showing Gideon how to touch himself. From what Gideon told Eva, that's how it began. The abuser said he needed to touch himself to relieve stress, and he manipulated Gideon into thinking he'd been doing it "wrong."

Hand jobs aren't going to leave marks on him. What if based solely on an exam at that stage, which would fail to turn up signs of any physical trauma, Elizabeth decided he was lying and allowed the abuser to continue to see Gideon. Now the guy knows the coast is clear, because no one believes the kid. Nor had anyone been watching anyway; they'd left Gideon alone with him a lot. Now the abuser has free reign to do whatever he wants. Gideon's nightmares expressing "it hurts" coupled with his hang-ups about anal play both point to forcible penetration being done to him at some point,