Reflected in You **spoiler thread**

Sylvia Day

I can't wait till Magdalene and Corinne get clued in to the Brett/Eva/Golden situation. I bet they will both be as jealous as ever that Eva has yet another hot guy salivating over her and its not even Gideon. LOL

How much you want to bet Corrine's delusion thinking is going to interpret Gideon's apparent lack of concern Brett's buzzing around Eva as further proof Corrine succeeded in driving Eva right out of Gideon's life. Now more than ever, Corrine might continue to chase Gideon, thinking that at last she (Corrine) has no competition for his heart.

Magdalene is gonna be wicked jealous, no doubt about it. But she's already given up on Gideon anyway.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But Gideon says in the Snippet from his point of view that he needed to see if Eva still wants him 'after what I did.' With that and other clues, I don't see how we can think otherwise.

And I told Sylvia way back in the beginnings that I don't like Corrine. I could feel Eva's frustration and jealousy! I want her gone LoL

Hi GiGi,

I think you're theory regarding Monica is just as plausible as any other. In many ways you've now got me re-thinking things. But, do you think that perhaps Ms. Day was setting the stage for the one stab by Angus' words "He knows when to stop." That's such a strange thing to say when your boss is in the middle of a fight and his upset girlfriend ask you to break it up. The two people (Angus & Arnoldo) who know Gideon more than Eva does on a certain level all got into the limo and left him there, by himself? That part of the story has always made me curious of exactly what Angus could have meant. Especially because Angus is not just Gideon's driver he's also Gideon's bodyguard??? Shouldn't he, you know, guard his body - lol. What do you and others make of that statement?

Also, I  just wanted to through this in on the whole legal matter. The "case" against Gideon makes for great fiction reading, however, in reality it's just as GiGi said, no respectable DA would touch it and here's the simple truth why. DA's have to prove guilt beyond a reasonable shadow of a doubt. Defense lawyers don't have to prove anything, they only have to cast doubt - a much easier job.  Just asks the DAs in the Florida v. Anthony case.

Hi Mrsmajessick,

I completely agree with you. It is absolutely strange that both Angus and Arnoldo left Gideon there to fight with Brett alone. The comment that Angus made is almost beyond bizarre. I could definitely see Sylvia putting that in there for a specific reason. I am not sure that she put that in there to provide subtle proof that Gideon was capable of killing Nathan. I am not saying that you said that or that you are referring to that. I just need more proof, writing….

Maybe Gideon got into a lot of fights as a child or young adult. Maybe he got into such a severe fight that he almost killed someone so he learned his lesson. Maybe Gideon attacked his abuser and Angus stepped in, to prevent Gideon from doing something that he would regret later. There are a lot of maybes here and no proof…

You also make a very good point about Angus being Gideon’s bodyguard. Under what circumstances does Angus actually get involved? I could see Angus having a more proactive role when Gideon was young, but now that Gideon is an adult, how does Angus fulfill those duties? What do you think? What does everyone think?

BTY and RIY take us day-by-day through a month or so long time period. We know from the story that itis mid-summer.

Sylvia is giving us snapshots twice a week and the one for a chapter 2 in the next book looks like an opened Christmas gift! Do you think she's going to jump ahead?

Hi MicheleWV,

I hope Sylvia does jump ahead. Maybe somthing along the lines of Gideon and Eva's happily ever after. I would love to see them in happier times. :)

Couple of quick points:

DAs still bring to trial high profile cases that blow up in their faces because in the end, the jury doesn't buy it. The Casey Anthony case is a prime example. You'd have thought that after O.J., no prosecutor would ever dare again bring an ultra high-profile murder case based purely on circumstantial evidence. Fact is they still do it all the time. Because they think they can win, even on circumstantial evidence. But they lose the case. Doesn't stop the next prosecutor from making the same d*** mistake when he/she has a case that's gonna fill the spectator area of the trial courtroom with journalists.

Why did everyone keep Nathan secret? Because he had rape photos and video of Eva, that's why. I think the only reason Monica ultimately even ended up telling Eva about the what essentially was Nathan's homemade child p*** of Eva was because Eva was now bound to find out from the cops. Nathan had been murdered and the cops had tried to start questioning Eva even before Monica herself. Monica had every reason to believe the cops would question Eva again, very soon and in much greater detail, down at the police station as soon as Eva had a lawyer. Monica wanted Eva to hear the horrible truth from herself, not be blindsided by some detective in an interview room.

Hi LNCronan,

I don’t doubt for a second that DA’s bring high profile cases to trial or will continue to do so. In this instance, the cops have NOTHING! It is all SPECULATION!!!!

1. In the OJ Case, there was actual photographic proof that OJ was beating the crap out of his wife thereby completely contradicting his “nice guy†act. The man was a wife beating dog.

2. In the case of Casey Anthony, while her daughter was missing for 40 days, that girl was out there partying like a rock star. She never reported her daughter missing on the FIRST day she couldn’t find her!

I could totally see why the DA’s office might want to bring charges. Both of these cases had huge red flags! No normal sane human being would be out partying while their child was missing. They would probably be sedated or out in front of the media pleading for their child’s return!

In Gideon’s case, what does the DA have? Nothing! There is no fiber evidence, no blood evidence, no finger prints, no eye witnesses, no video, and no nothing! The only thing they have is that Gideon used to date Eva. He has since moved but has the occasional contact with the girl. She works in his building and has worked on one of his accounts. I would think that it would be odder if Gideon completely avoided Eva.

It's rather interesting but in one of her other books that I read (trying to remember the name) Gideon's character was mentioned briefly. Basically someone had stolen jewelry from him and he had hired a pro to find it.

I know I digress but it just dawned on me....

I believe that was the first time he saw her and at one point he clarified. He was actually on his way to a meeting or something and she just happened to be there and he just happened to be there and all the stars aligned.

I will try to narrow down the page where this was clarified.

Hi KiMa,

What book are you talking about? If you could post the name it would be greatly appreciated! I would love to read a book that mentions some of Sylvia's other characters. Thanks in advance. :)

Yep, Cary is on Team Brett. I called that last week.

• I'll bet Cary talked Eva into going to some big music industry event in Times Square, on the pretext it'd be good for Cary's career. 
  • This possible isn't an outright Vidal Records event, because Eva may not have gone if that actually were the case. It's possible Vidal Records has a tent at some larger event.
  • I'll bet Brett tracked down Cary via the Internet the same way Brett did with Eva. He found Eva as listed on the website of the advertising agency. It'd be easy to track down Cary through the modelling agency representing him.
  • I'll bet Cary knew beforehand Brett was coming to the event. Heck, Cary probably conspired with Brett to make sure Eva was there too.

And Christopher Jr. is about to find out that Eva is Golden. I'm certain that's what comes next.

Hi LNCronan,

Do you think that Cary and Brett are communicating via email? Why would Brett or Cary contact the other when neither of them would have known about the other. Cary wasn't around when Eva was degrading herself with Brett. She talked about him when they met in group therapy.

I find it a little bit odd. That would take Cary's mischief making skills in a different direction (perhaps a not so nice direction). What do you think? What does everyone think?

Quick point.

The DAs in both the Anthony case and the OJ case had piles of evidence against those clients. Those cases were lost not due to a lack of evidence but to due to how the defense attorney's portrayed their clients to the jury for example they made Casey Anthony a victim of childhood abuse and made it appear she was mentally slow to understand what happened to her baby. That she was used to compartmentalizing her life based on the abuse and carry on as if nothing happened. It's a lot more complicated than what was seen on tv - laws wise.

I think at this point instead of beating a dead horse we can agree to disagree. As a lawyer myself, I would never take the case against Gideon because unlike the Anthony & OJ case there is no real evidence against him.

Thank Goodness!

The voice of reason has spoken! The choirs are singing! :)

We'll agree to disagree most respectfully Mrs. M. Along with GiGi, you're one of my favorite frequent-flier commenters.

I'm a former newspaper reporter who for many years specialized in the cops and court beat. It was a daily newspaper, and so every murder I covered was soup to nuts including sitting through the entire trials for cases that actually went to trial.

And so I saw prosecutors sometimes make the mistake of bringing to trial cases they ought not to have tried.  The most common mistake was because no matter how big the pile of evidence, it all was circumstantial. The prosecution was convinced they could meet the burden of proof beyond a reasonable doubt. The defense, knowing the case was circumstantial, decided to roll the dice rather than take a deal.

The rock solid cases all got plea bargained. On average, I saw about 90% of cases settle by being plead out. Usually by offering a murder one case a murder two deal, so that the defendant might get parole some day. In one instance, offering murder one in place of capital murder (cop killing) so the defendant would avoid the death penalty.

In all those years of court, I saw only two defendants who actually were innocent of causing the death of another person (negligent homicide in both) go to trial. Both times, the prosecution lost. Every other defendant I saw go to trial was I saw was in fact guilty, and both sides decided to roll the dice with a jury. More often than not, the prosecution would win. But sometimes they really blew it.

Hands down the biggest reason a prosecutor refused to drop a case was because it was a high profile case. Once the reporters got involved, the prosecution stuck to its guns.

Hi LNCronan,

You just made a really important comment here about the American justice/legal system. Instead of getting the “proverbial egg on their faces†and doing the right thing by not bringing a case to trial, the DA’s decided, because of media attention, to try a case that they knew in all likelihood would lose. Instead of taking their lumps at the beginning, they allowed public perceptions to sway their decisions into committing career suicide.

It is always the most highly publicized cases that people remember. I think the public remembers those cases that got the most attention and most especially the ones the DA’s lost. One need only look at the OJ & Casey Anthony trials so see the effect they had on all parties involved…

Btw, what does &nbsp mean?

Hi KiMa,

I am on a slow speed dial up and I think that my computer program which is Windows XP has something to do with how my messages post. When I hit the reply button, that exact code (what you mentioned) is what I see. I tried deleating it beforehand but when I post my message, that exact same code comes up.

Sorry for any inconvenience. I have no control over this. :)

P.S. Mrs. M -- back on page 40 this morning, I did one of my detailed analysis of facts about why I think Brett was a huge exception to how Gideon fights, not the rule.

Bottom line: Gideon could hit Nathan once or stab Nathan once because Gideon was staying stone-cold. Eva didn't want the guy -- quite the opposite, the sicko absolutely repulsed her. Gideon red-handed caught a naked, leering, drugged out guy inches from touching Eva in her living room. Eva most certainly didn't want the guy. Gideon landed just one punch.

Eva very obviously sexually desired Brett, and Gideon caught her red handed engaging in the first step toward sex, passionate kissing. That's why Gideon went nuts -- and he kept going nuts because Brett fought back. Symbolically, Brett was literally fighting Gideon over Eva herself for who got to have control of Eva's body and heart.

Inside that concert, Gideon put his hand up Eva's skirt. Brett sang her a love song for all the world to hear. Gideon on some level must have feared "Brett won."

Hi LNCronan,

Gideon hit the "orgy guy" only once, because one punch to the nose was all it took. Gideon successfully managed to break the guy's nose, which would also be very painful! The guy would have been writhing in pain and having difficulty breathing and trying not to choke on his own blood (which would have been pouring out of his nose and into this throat).

I think that act would constitute subduing the enemy quite effectively. The person would no longer be in a fighting mode, they would be in a self preserving mode. Therefore the threat would be eliminated and the fight would be over.

And please, I know some people get upset  if I even suggest Cary wants Eva to get rid of Gideon for good. That's not the case -- Cary is not Corrine, for heaven's sake. 

But Cary himself saw Gideon almost rape Eva during one of his (Gideon's) violent nightmares. Cary knows Eva's demons better than anyone else, Gideon included, because Cary sat through years of group therapy alongside Eva and so has heard every last awful detail. Cary would have seen with his own eyes too Eva when she was still seriously effed up before Dr. Travis worked wonders on Eva (and Cary too.)

I think Cary does see Eva growing stronger in some ways as a result of her rocky relationship with Gideon. But Cary's probably just as much, if not more, worried about how hard things have been for Eva as well. And Cary might be placing too much blame on Gideon, when in fact Eva's issues and how she mishandled them was just as much to blame for the relationship being rocky. Maybe even more.

So while Cary wishes for a Happily Ever After for Eva, he's probably harboring some doubts whether Gideon is the guy Eva should be with. I get the distinct feeling that Cary has been trying to nudge Eva in Brett's direction for a while now, presenting Brett as a viable alternative to Gideon. This latest snippet makes me feel even stronger that for right now, Cary is on Team Brett. Not forever -- but for right now.

Hi LNCronan,

Cary has a right to be concerned about Eva and Gideon. Asides from the great s**, Gideon hasn't been that great of a boyfriend. I just don't think that Brett is the greatest choice either.

Cary would have been sitting with Eva in group therapy, listening to how she degraded herself all in the hopes of getting a guy who showed no signs of wanting her for anything more than a good time.

Speaking of teams. Somehow I don't think that Magdalena is not so bad. I think she somehow found out about Nathan and told Gedeon. Right after they met Gideon asked Eva if nathan tried to contact her. Nathan was killed off so fast the there has to be someone behind it with a a sinister plan. Maybe Christopher. Remember he take sibling rivalry to extremes. Maybe conspiring with Corrine maybe sleeping with her?

Hi KiMa,

I am on a slow speed dial up and I think that my computer program which is Windows XP has something to do with how my messages post. When I hit the reply button, that exact code (what you mentioned) is what I see. I tried deleating it beforehand but when I post my message, that exact same code comes up.

Sorry for any inconvenience. I have no control over this. :)

Hey no worries. How is this for a wild thought....Parker killed Nathan. We were all thinking towards the end of RIY that she (Greaves) was there to see Eva but, what if she was actually following up on Parker.

Lol. This is me just stirring the pot. That would make for such an interesting twist, no?

In Blood and Roses, Gideon gave a reward to the "Parker family" and I was like ummmm what if Gideon knew Parker all along. Grant you his full name is Parker Smith but nonetheless.....he is skilled enough to place a deadly blow....

Again, this is me throwing stuff out there

Lol

Hi LNCronan,

Cary has a right to be concerned about Eva and Gideon. Asides from the great s**, Gideon hasn't been that great of a boyfriend. I just don't think that Brett is the greatest choice either.

Cary would have been sitting with Eva in group therapy, listening to how she degraded herself all in the hopes of getting a guy who showed no signs of wanting her for anything more than a good time.

But in the snippet, Cary expresses an opinion Brett has changed for the better -- is more settled down.

Hey no worries. How is this for a wild thought....Parker killed Nathan. We were all thinking towards the end of RIY that she (Greaves) was there to see Eva but, what if she was actually following up on Parker.

Lol. This is me just stirring the pot. That would make for such an interesting twist, no?

In Blood and Roses, Gideon gave a reward to the "Parker family" and I was like ummmm what if Gideon knew Parker all along. Grant you his full name is Parker Smith but nonetheless.....he is skilled enough to place a deadly blow....

Again, this is me throwing stuff out there

Lol

KiMa I'm liking your thinking of throwing this curve ball into the mix.

It's made me laugh after a busy day at work!

Gideon's security team investigated him and had given Gideon info on Parker he knew he was married with kids

And no one would suspect Parker.

What about this for a twist how about DR TRAVIS killing Nathan . Cary had contacted him after his clusterf**k and am sure he would have told him that Eva was having nightmares again.

KiMa I'm liking your thinking of throwing this curve ball into the mix.

It's made me laugh after a busy day at work!

Gideon's security team investigated him and had given Gideon info on Parker he knew he was married with kids

And no one would suspect Parker.

What about this for a twist how about DR TRAVIS killing Nathan . Cary had contacted him after his clusterf**k and am sure he would have told him that Eva was having nightmares again.

Lol. Seriously, I think some wild card character should come into play as Nathan's killer. It's the perfect ending.

I say that as really it would have been appropriate for Eva to really be the one to kick his butt and have a show down... Since that

Didn't occur his death needs to death with re: some random character.

I think Cary is Team Eva, BUT I bet he has a little crush on her too... he cheats with pretty blonde girls. He did side with Gideon in the beginnings.

I have a Cary, that my Gideon had to get over... and my Cary grew up rough with my family taking him under their wings... he's like a brother to me and I'm the sister he never had. He loves DRAMA and he's been known to stir things up or be mischievous. I think Cary is ornery and am anxious to see how he ends up in the next book. I'm afraid for him.