Gideon's POV

Kat22

I have read many of your novels and short stories and you always

seem to input both the male and female characters inner thoughts in

the novel. Will we get to see Gideon's POV in book three????

Or in a short story to come???? I would really love to see what is

running in his mind. I love this series and the renegade angels one

can't wait for Syre's Novel. Amazing writing always a joy to read

• 3 months later...

Thanks sylvia and everyone im do excited ur books r great im hooked i was such a christian grey fan now im totally gideon cross omg pls let eva and him marry 😀

I was a CG fan as well.. But now am so glad GC got me out of that! I like Eva's character way more , Ana was such a pushover, I see her as a yes/no/yes/no girl now. A bit annoying really. And I like how Gideon doesnt use sex as an "either punishment or reward" option

I was a CG fan as well.. But now am so glad GC got me out of that! I like Eva's character way more , Ana was such a pushover, I see her as a yes/no/yes/no girl now. A bit annoying really. And I like how Gideon doesnt use sex as an "either punishment or reward" option

LOL!!  I am so over CG,too!!

Hi Crossfire, I never saw the series but I have heard of it. I don't know why Sylvia chose the name Gideon, but it sounds very manly. It is a Hebrew name that means tree cutter. The name doesn't mean what I envision the character to be. Who comes up with the meaning of names anyways? Sometimes I think these individuals must have been a little left of centre. :)

Gideon is Hebrew and means "Great Warrior." Or more literal translation, "He who cuts down/fells his enemies."

The name Gideon comes from the Hebrew verb 316.GIF (gada'), meaning to hew down or cut off. This verb usually shows up when conflicting convictions slug it out, and one party destroys the regalia of the other (Ezekiel 6:6). Or when a person, or a body gets expelled from the mother group (Judges 21:6) or gets cut down a size (Isaiah 10:33). Or even when an entity separates from a quality (Lamentations 2:3).

HAW Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament doesn't often discuss the meaning of names but for Gideon it makes an exception: "His name is connected with his occupation, that is, he was a Hacker or One Who Hewed Down the enemy."

Totally perfect for our Gideon, don't you think? :)

Hi Sylvia! I can't believe you still have the time to read our crazy posts! Gideon..hmm..it's a name I had a hard time getting into, but it certainly grows on you. I can't picture him as anything BUT a Gideon now, tho in the beginning I didn't like it. i liked Alistair in 7 years...am reading The Stranger I married now.

Your other books are SO different from the Crossfire series, what made you change tack?