Nathan

Kirsten

• 1 month later...

Did Nathan actually go to prison for what he did to Eva? I know there was money involved for Eva, which she doesn't touch.. but I don't remember reading anywhere that he was actually sent to jail.

Sylvia..........? :)

No, he didn't. I think Nathan's father gave a lot of money to Eva (she never touch the money), and then they just kept quite because Eva's mom and Eva didn't want anyone to know, specially her father.

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone, No Nathan did not go to jail. The police were never contacted and the hospital where Monica took Eva never called CPS. Everything was covered up. Monica immediately divorced her husband and then both parties went through a civil litigation type process. Monica's husband arranged for a settlement for Eva and the matter was sealed for the benefit of both parties. I have to mainly think that Monica's ex-husband would have been grateful that his son wouldn't wind up in jail. Those are just my thoughts.

Hi Crossfire,

Could it be that Eva was making that statement sarcastically? It must be tough thing to realize that your mother is monetarily shallow. Just a thought. I wonder myself, how Gideon defines Justice.

Me too. Which is why I think he killed him. Since he cannot be thrown to jail cos it would blow up in everyone 's faces and Stanton anfd Monica etc all dont want this. (But Gideon is less shallow ..remember when Eva said she didnt want it to "embarass" him.. And his reaction to that comment?)

Hi everyone, I was thinking about everyone's postings and I just wanted to throw something out there and see what you all think. When Nathan tried to blackmail Gideon and Richard Stanton, it was implied that he brought videos and/or photos. I asked everyone if they thought that Nathan had videotaped the rapes and many of you said no. I just wanted to throw this theory out to everyone and tell me what you think. 1. I think Nathan did video tape the rapes. I think he was just evil and crazy enough to do that. Eva mentioned in the first book that the household staff must have known what was going on....maybe blood and semen on the bed sheets or her screaming while he raped her. When this entire situation came to light. Nathan didn't get reprimanded, his dad went into lock down and containment mode. Thereby subtlety telling his son that his actions were ok (or forgivable). He was never made to atone for his crimes. 2. From all of the dialogue that Sylvia wrote, it also seems that his father tolerated a lot of very bad behaviour from his son before he finally cut him off. What would cause a father to disown and cut all ties with his own son? For the love of all humanity, if a father doesn't disown his own son after he discovered that his son was raping his stepsister, what could Nathan have done that was so terrible that his father threw his hands up and said "enough"? 3. If we look at all the socialites in today's society, so many of them have willingly filmed and marketed their own homemade sex tapes. They have gotten caught doing drugs, carrying drugs and acting like drunken fools. Yet their PR firms place these fallen angels in volunteer charities, to help improve their images and for the most part, if these young women don't continue down the path of destruction, their images are restored and all is eventually forgotten as a misstep of youth. But what is the one thing that can't be PR Firmed away...I say it is rape. Once a person is raped, it is the whisper that can't ever be forgotten. What does everyone think?

Me too. Which is why I think he killed him. Since he cannot be thrown to jail cos it would blow up in everyone 's faces and Stanton anfd Monica etc all dont want this. (But Gideon is less shallow ..remember when Eva said she didnt want it to "embarass" him.. And his reaction to that comment?)

Hi Crossfire,

Could it be that Eva was really embarrassed about her past because a part of her may feel like damaged goods? I think she may feel a real shame about what happened to her. Sometimes it is easier to blame yourself for something terrible happening then having to deal with everything emotionally. When Nathan finished abusing herself, she took up where he left off. She started self destructing and acting promiscuously, etc. It is such a complicated path it is hard to navigate. What do you think?

Hi Crossfire,

Could it be that Eva was really embarrassed about her past because a part of her may feel like damaged goods? I think she may feel a real shame about what happened to her. Sometimes it is easier to blame yourself for something terrible happening then having to deal with everything emotionally. When Nathan finished abusing herself, she took up where he left off. She started self destructing and acting promiscuously, etc. It is such a complicated path it is hard to navigate. What do you think?

Yes, that is why she always has low self esteem and that is where Gideon helps her to overcome her issues...

Yes, that is why she always has low self esteem and that is where Gideon helps her to overcome her issues...

Hi Crossfire,

I agree with your comments. Congratulations on one of your postings being promoted to an article. When you are finished writing it, could you please let me know where it will be posted so I can read it? Thanks in advance. :)