Who do you see as Gideon, Eva, Cary, Mark,...?

MsGemini

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gideon: Henry Cavill (with his magic blue eyes ðŸ˜) http://thehollywoodbillboard.com/henry-cavill/

Eva: Julianne Hough

Cary: Alex Pettyfer (I somehow pictured Jeff Stearns while reading the first book, but his to old, but Pettyfer is kind of a look a like)

Monica: Michelle Pfeiffer

Stanton: Ted Danson

Victor: Benjamin Bratt

Christopher Sr: out of the blue, could Kevin Costner pull that off?

Elizabeth: Courtney Cox or Demi Moore

Christopher Jr: Ryan Gosling is gorgeous, but for me he seems to near Gideons age. Max Irons is younger, and looks more of a badass!

Ireland:

Corinne: Mila Kunis

Brett: Cam Gigadent (bartender from Burlesque), Adam Levine is toooooo old for Eva

Magdalena:

Parker:

Shawna:

Mark:

Steven:

• 2 months later...

I don't think Henry Cavill can pull off Gideon, he doesn't have super sharp bone structure. He is very, very handsome, but not the look of Gideon that I picture.

I feel the same, his upper body is also a little heftier than I imagine Gideon to be - Gideon is lean whereas Henry is a little more solid. Plus seeing him in a photo this weekend with Chris Evans at the BAFTAs, although he looked pretty fine in his tuxedo, he didn't 'wear' it in the way Sylvia describes Gideon as looking when wearing a Tux. But I suspect he would act the role well,he has the ability to take on the character.

The actor has to be able to pull off the poker face Gideon uses a lot of the time, be tall and imposing and have the demeanour of a man who is commanding and noticeable. I've yet to see FSOG to see how well JD carries that side of the role, it's an important part of both Gideon and Christopher and I strongly feel that has to be portrayed in the Crossfire series.

Guys,

A book blogger (@natashabkjunkie) posted thisphoto of a poster she saw yesterday at a movie theatre in the US:

B9suzh1CUAEyO-9.jpg

Are we imagining this?? ???

— NatashaisaBookJunkie (@natashabkjunkie)

Ahhhh!!!!

I'm so excited!!

I hope this means they're in advanced stages of production.

And another question: wasn't Crossfire supposed to be a TV series? In the US, do they put posters of TV series in movie theatres?

Hope we get to hear soon who the actors etc. will be.

I think the above is just Penguin books ensuring they maximise the publicity for their two series (Shades and Crossfire). It was inevitable they would start to push Sylvia's books once the film was out as there will be a new audience wanting to know what else is worth reading. The timing of the various video q&a session videos with book bloggers is doubtless part of this.

Wonder if we'll get a Valentine's Day teaser??? (insert emoticon of crossed fingers here).

Alex Pettyfer (?) as Cary

tumblr_ni0022ePvi1rmv620o1_400.jpg

Lilly Collins as Gideons sister Ireland

tumblr_n471r1w7v01sbvt56o1_500.jpg

Jared Leto as Brett

tumblr_njtlwmPLNf1t9w9kko1_500.jpg

Olivia Munn as Magdalene

tumblr_nie6ljQ8Cx1r4dtqwo1_500.jpg

Sean O'Pry as Trey

tumblr_mmss0vufQB1rxidmuo1_500.jpg

Kevin Daniels as Mark

Candice Swanepoel as Tatiana

tumblr_njsl58cwSS1s5t3wxo1_500.jpg

Raoul Bova as Arnoldo

tumblr_mkckpkuCww1r93kc1o1_500.jpg

Ed Harris as Clancy

tumblr_nfe8ndXqey1rfn0k5o1_500.jpg

i totally agree with this! Maybe Elizabeth as Demi Moore and corrine as Natalie Portman. I see a little bit of Magdalena as MIla Kunis. I could see Mila being sassy in the girls bathroom. Luke Evans in Dracula looks soooooo much like Gideon, just a slightly older version. Especially in the final scene. I really don't see Henry Cavill as Gideon. He is very awkward in interviews and I saw a Woody Allen movie he was in and it was kinda hard to watch Henry's character. He rocked it in The Tudors though. Eva I am still thinking about, I honestly see her as myself lol. maybe thats why I disagree with everyone. Im about the same height and blonde, I'm also laughing at myself as I think that, so don't take me too seriously. 

Alex Pettyfer (?) as Cary

tumblr_ni0022ePvi1rmv620o1_400.jpg

Lilly Collins as Gideons sister Ireland

tumblr_n471r1w7v01sbvt56o1_500.jpg

Jared Leto as Brett

tumblr_njtlwmPLNf1t9w9kko1_500.jpg

Olivia Munn as Magdalene

tumblr_nie6ljQ8Cx1r4dtqwo1_500.jpg

Sean O'Pry as Trey

tumblr_mmss0vufQB1rxidmuo1_500.jpg

Kevin Daniels as Mark

Candice Swanepoel as Tatiana

tumblr_njsl58cwSS1s5t3wxo1_500.jpg

Raoul Bova as Arnoldo

tumblr_mkckpkuCww1r93kc1o1_500.jpg

Ed Harris as Clancy

tumblr_nfe8ndXqey1rfn0k5o1_500.jpg

i totally agree with this! Maybe Elizabeth as Demi Moore and corrine as Natalie Portman. I see a little bit of Magdalena as MIla Kunis. I could see Mila being sassy in the girls bathroom. Luke Evans in Dracula looks soooooo much like Gideon, just a slightly older version. Especially in the final scene. I really don't see Henry Cavill as Gideon. He is very awkward in interviews and I saw a Woody Allen movie he was in and it was kinda hard to watch Henry's character. He rocked it in The Tudors though. Eva I am still thinking about, I honestly see her as myself lol. maybe thats why I disagree with everyone. Im about the same height and blonde, I'm also laughing at myself as I think that, so don't take me too seriously. 

I agree with the awkwardness but he's just so cute! and I forgot about Demi Moore, she would play a great Elizabeth. 

I wish I saw Eva as myself! I could play Corrine (eww i know)

tumblr_n06isqL0Mc1sk5oapo1_1280.jpg

love-and-live-out-loud:

“
He had on the same black sweater
 he’d worn to the nighclub where we’d first really hung out together. It looked amazing on him - the perfect blend of casual and elegant sexiness.
 Paired with graphite gray dress slacks
 and bare feet, the effect on me was pure, white-hot desire.â€

Someone posted this on Tumblr so I figured I had to put it on here. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

when she put up the choices for Eva....between Amber Heard and Julieanne Hough, neither in my opinion.  Margot Robie is my choice.  The only scene that Julieanne H would be good for is the foxtrot that she dances with Cary at the Garden Party in BTY.

As for Mark, my choice would be Shemar Moore.     This site has been extremely quiet lately.....I guess we are all just waiting patiently.....   At least we can look forward to 6/18/15

• 1 month later...

Well, up to now in my minds eye I have visualised David Gandy as Gideon because for me his height, physique and looks fitted what I saw as Gideon.  I haven't really seen any of Henry Cavill's films so was happy to imagine David as I read the books.  But just seen Henry on UK TV news with Guy Ritchie publicising Man from Uncle and seeing him being himself, speaking with his own voice - mmm, beginning to see the potential.  I think I may need to study him a little more and go see Man from Uncle.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...