Who do you see as Gideon, Eva, Cary, Mark,...?

MsGemini

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Scott Elrod is how I envision Gideon! 

I LOVE the idea of having the Crossfire series on HBO/Showtime!

I don't subscribe to either of them--but I would now!

I don't think you could squeeze the storyline of each book into  two hour movies.

To have an eight week one hour show for each book would be wonderful!

I could DVR them and then  watch them again and again and again...

I LOVE the idea of having the Crossfire series on HBO/Showtime!

I don't subscribe to either of them--but I would now!

I don't think you could squeeze the storyline of each book into  two hour movies.

To have an eight week one hour show for each book would be wonderful!

I could DVR them and then  watch them again and again and again...

There's no way they can make this in 2 hour movies - it would have to be a mini series

The physical description we have of Gideon's stepfather is on page 200 of Bared. Eva thinks he looks like a college professor. Kelsey Grammer is what jumps to my mind.

I don't see Vidal Sr. as any sort of hottie, despite the fact Christopher Jr. is god looking. I think Christopher got most of his looks from his stunning mother, Elizabeth.

I think Elizabeth married Vidal (and has stayed with him all these years) for his money. She's even more obsessed than Monica about financial security, traumatized by what happened with Gideon's father. Geoffrey Cross' crimes and subsequent suicide would have left Elizabeth penniless and homeless -- literally. Just like with the real-life Ponzi schemer Bernie Madoff. The Feds seized every last asset, including Madoff's home. His wife was literally thrown off the property by court order. The home and every valuable in it had been purchased with money stolen from investors through fraud.

Elizabeth would have lost it all -- the home, her jewelry, everything. Even any assets she brought into the marriage (for example, trust funds) would have been frozen while the courts sorted everything out, a process that could have taken years.

So I think Vidal swooped in, getting a trophy wife right away. Geoffrey was barely gone when Vidal got Elizabeth to marry him immediately. She wasn't after him because he was hot -- far from it. She took him because she was desperate, is my theory.

The physical description we have of Gideon's stepfather is on page 200 of Bared. Eva thinks he looks like a college professor. Kelsey Grammer is what jumps to my mind.

I don't see Vidal Sr. as any sort of hottie, despite the fact Christopher Jr. is god looking. I think Christopher got most of his looks from his stunning mother, Elizabeth.

I think Elizabeth married Vidal (and has stayed with him all these years) for his money. She's even more obsessed than Monica about financial security, traumatized by what happened with Gideon's father. Geoffrey Cross' crimes and subsequent suicide would have left Elizabeth penniless and homeless -- literally. Just like with the real-life Ponzi schemer Bernie Madoff. The Feds seized every last asset, including Madoff's home. His wife was literally thrown off the property by court order. The home and every valuable in it had been purchased with money stolen from investors through fraud.

Yes I like Kelsey Grammer for this too with a different take on it!! But maybe Pierce for Stanton because Pierce has a very aristocratic, cultured look...

Elizabeth would have lost it all -- the home, her jewelry, everything. Even any assets she brought into the marriage (for example, trust funds) would have been frozen while the courts sorted everything out, a process that could have taken years.

So I think Vidal swooped in, getting a trophy wife right away. Geoffrey was barely gone when Vidal got Elizabeth to marry him immediately. She wasn't after him because he was hot -- far from it. She took him because she was desperate, is my theory.

• 2 weeks later...

In the interview Sylvia gave yesterday for Booktalk Nation, she spoke in detail about the current status of the plans to bring the Crossfire series to premium cable television.

It's pretty widely known now that her first choice to play Gideon is actor Henry Cavill. As for Eva, she likes the idea of Scarlett Johansson, but she also mentioned another actress who is popular with the fan base, Amber Heard.

She does NOT have any direct power, though, in which actors/actresses are granted the roles, however. She explained the process:

It starts with the producers, who currently are working on the early creative part of the process. She's very excited about the producers, who are fans of the series themselves and have a vision of staying true to the books.

The producers choose the director, and then the screenwriter gets chosen.

The screenwriter creates the script.

The process of signing the cast members begins after the script is prepared.

She will be involved in the process as an executive consultant to the producers.

I know Henry Cavill is often mentioned as a possibility for the role of Gideon, but he's a Brit, and I personally favor an American born actor Matt Bomer, who currently starts in the TV series White Collar. His film credits include Flightplan. His most striking feature is the same as Gideon's -- very striking blue eyes. 

Here's a link to his fan page: http://mattbomerfan.com/

I am right there with you! I have the biggest crush on Matt Bomer and i love white collar:)

Sigh...I am in love with him and with White Collar! LOL

I like Matt in White Collar but I don't think personally that he is aggressive enough to pull off Gideon.  I am a massive Henry Cavill fan and to see him in the Tudors and Immortals and Cold light of Day with Bruce Willis, he has so many different expressions I think he would be good.

I am not sure about Scarlett Johansson as I would have thought she would be too old to play Eva

I like Matt in White Collar but I don't think personally that he is aggressive enough to pull off Gideon.  I am a massive Henry Cavill fan and to see him in the Tudors and Immortals and Cold light of Day with Bruce Willis, he has so many different expressions I think he would be good.

I am not sure about Scarlett Johansson as I would have thought she would be too old to play Eva

I agree I think SD must really like her though because she even mentions that Monica has a voice like Scarlett Johansson LOL

In the interview Sylvia gave yesterday for Booktalk Nation, she spoke in detail about the current status of the plans to bring the Crossfire series to premium cable television.

It's pretty widely known now that her first choice to play Gideon is actor Henry Cavill. As for Eva, she likes the idea of Scarlett Johansson, but she also mentioned another actress who is popular with the fan base, Amber Heard.

She does NOT have any direct power, though, in which actors/actresses are granted the roles, however. She explained the process:

It starts with the producers, who currently are working on the early creative part of the process. She's very excited about the producers, who are fans of the series themselves and have a vision of staying true to the books.

The producers choose the director, and then the screenwriter gets chosen.

The screenwriter creates the script.

The process of signing the cast members begins after the script is prepared.

She will be involved in the process as an executive consultant to the producers.

I agree.  I don't think Matt Bomer can truly pull off Gideon.  I also think he is to small to pull it off.  I think Henry Cavill is great.  I picture him as Gideon whenever I think of someone playing Gideon.  I don't think his british accent would be a problem.  There are plenty of actors that play accents that are not their own.