Who do you see as Gideon, Eva, Cary, Mark,...?

MsGemini

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree. I don't think Matt Bomer can truly pull off Gideon. I also think he is to small to pull it off. I think Henry Cavill is great. I picture him as Gideon whenever I think of someone playing Gideon. I don't think his british accent would be a problem. There are plenty of actors that play accents that are not their own.

Yes when reading the books I picture Henry in the role of Gideon :)

Henry Cavill is playing Superman, a quintessentially American character, in Man of Steel, the major motion picture being released next month. Check out the movie trailer, which shows the British Cavill most certainly can do an American accent:

Oh dear playing Superman usually ends an actors career.  He will need to play Gideon to keep his audience.

Henry Cavill is playing Superman, a quintessentially American character, in Man of Steel, the major motion picture being released next month. Check out the movie trailer, which shows the British Cavill most certainly can do an American accent:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DaPBBOHfsA

Yes this worries me though .if this film does well and propels him to greater stardom the Gideon role will be too small for him to accept or he will be too busy to do a series...

No necessarily. There are actors/actresses who regularly appear in both films and in premium television series too.

Glenn Close is an example - she appears in major motion pictures and she currently stars in the legal-thriller TV series Damages.

Peter Facinelli is an actor who currently appears in a Lionsgate produced award winning TV series, Nurse Jackie, and he's had a big role in the Twilight movie franchise (as Dr. Carlisle Cullen).

Coincidentally, Lionsgate produced the Twilight series -- Sylvia mentioned Twilight by name earlier this week during that big interview (see the interview thread). She was talking about how excited she is that the Lionsgate producers currently working on developing Crossfire want to stay true to the novels. The Twilight films stayed quite faithful to the novels (well, except for part of the final film).

It's also up to the actors themselves. They do say no to parts

This is true -- once the script is done is when the actors/actresses and their agents start considering the roles -- and people eager to play those roles start approaching the producers/director. Meanwhile, the producers/director start considering the possibilities out there, because often they already have people in mind to approach themselves.

It's a kind of mating dance that ends with offers made by the director and/or producers and offers accepted by the actors/actresses. It's competitive on both sides -- actors/actresses hungry for particular parts, producers/directors hungry for the biggest stars they can land.

This is true -- once the script is done is when the actors/actresses and their agents start considering the roles -- and people eager to play those roles start approaching the producers/director. Meanwhile, the producers/director start considering the possibilities out there, because often they already have people in mind to approach themselves.

It's a kind of mating dance that ends with offers made by the director and/or producers and offers accepted by the actors/actresses. It's competitive on both sides -- actors/actresses hungry for particular parts, producers/directors hungry for the biggest stars they can land.

What a lovely term, mating dance. Considering the content of the book. :) very apt.

Gideon - the funny thing alot of people who want certain actors to be Gideon also want them to be Christian.   I can't decide.   I know that Ian Somerhalder is not Gideon. 

Eva - Brittany Snow (she's been in several movies and tv series) or Candace Accola (Vampire Diaries)

Monica - Somebody mention Nicolette Sheridan but she's not young looking.   Monica is suppose to look young enough to look like Eva's twin but yet old enough to be her mom.

Stanton - Ted Danson

Brett - Adam Levine - yes - I wish Jon Bonjovi was young enough though

will check back later.

I agree that Ian Somerhalder would NOT make a good Gideon.

Yes this worries me though .if this film does well and propels him to greater stardom the Gideon role will be too small for him to accept or he will be too busy to do a series...

Unfortunately, I don't think Henry Cavill is an option for Gideon. I'm liking David Gandy for the role.

I like Matt in White Collar but I don't think personally that he is aggressive enough to pull off Gideon.  I am a massive Henry Cavill fan and to see him in the Tudors and Immortals and Cold light of Day with Bruce Willis, he has so many different expressions I think he would be good.

I am not sure about Scarlett Johansson as I would have thought she would be too old to play Eva

I totally agree with you. Matt Bomer is NOT Gideon. He is nowhere near masculine enough for this role. I love Henry, David Gandy, Wentworth Miller for Gideon. Even though Gideon has longish hair in the books. I hope he doesn't in the tv series.

What about Matt Bomer as Cary ?

I'm not a fan of Matt Bomer at all. I think he's too old for Cary. Cary and Eva are in their early 20s and Matt Bomer is in his mid-to-late 30s. I like Chace Crawford or Diego Boneta for  Cary.

I like Henry Cavill for Gideon, Alex Pettyfer for Cary and Hayden Panettiere for Eva. I haven't mentally cast the rest of the characters yet.

I never thought of Alex Pettyfer for Cary, but that would be great! I think Henry's movie career will prevent him from taking a tv role, so I now love David Gandy and Wentworth Miller for Gideon.

I never thought of Alex Pettyfer for Cary, but that would be great! I think Henry's movie career will prevent him from taking a tv role, so I now love David Gandy and Wentworth Miller for Gideon.

Liking Alex Pettyfer as Cary had never thought of him .

I found a great photo of him very Cary like but can't seem to post it.

Liking Alex Pettyfer as Cary had never thought of him .

I found a great photo of him very Cary like but can't seem to post it.

Well, if you are ever able to post it I'd love to see it. I remember seeing him in In Time and I think he would make a very nice Cary Taylor.

He did propel to movies after The Tudors in Britain where he was a success but if you listen to him talk, I can just picture him as Gideon as at times he has that purr and growl in his voice as SD puts in the novels.  He also has a smoking hot body which I feel does help LOL :)

He did propel to movies after The Tudors in Britain where he was a success but if you listen to him talk, I can just picture him as Gideon as at times he has that purr and growl in his voice as SD puts in the novels.  He also has a smoking hot body which I feel does help LOL :)

Morning lady.

O yeah!!! Purrrrrr :)