Gideon's Family

MegansCoils

Hi LNCronan,

Pull back there missy! Come on now the stress of waiting has gotten to you….and me….and everyone else… :) (Just kidding!) The most that Gideon would have done is tell both his mother and Corinne to f*** off. Their actions don’t seem to warrant the level of retribution that this theory seems to require. Any sane rational human being would have said “listen Eva is my girlfriend so if you have any nasty comments to make, then KEEP THEM TO YOURSELF!!†Again these women haven’t done anything to really warrant Gideon’s wrath. Or worse still, Gideon could cut his mother, Corinne and his brother out of his life. Game over! No contact, no access no nothing!

I asked it before and I will ask it again; do you really want to root for a character that would go out and mentally destroy another human being because of a situation that HE is more than PARTIALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR? I DON’T!!! If Gideon did what you suggest than he is WORSE than all of the rest of the characters combined! He would know that what he is doing is wrong and it wouldn’t matter to him! It would tell me that he wouldn’t be capable of discerning between serious and life threatening situations and everyday bulls***! Why on earth would I want to buy a book about that?!

I don’t want to be reading about Gideon visiting Corinne in a mental institution in books four and five because he feels so guilty about what he has done to her….blah, blah, blah. Crap! As far as Christopher Jr. is concerned, it is very easy. Gideon informs his security team and the building security that his brother is no longer welcome on the premises. If Christopher Jr. shows up unannounced, cops get called and they slap on the metal bracelets….next!

The truth is that Christopher Jr. should NEVER have been Gideon’s responsibility! Period! His mother should have been reining in her son….or how about Vidal Sr.? Other than siring an offspring what has that lout been doing to try and tame his namesake’s ways?

How is this for an alternate theory; “Vidal Sr. cut the crap and rein in your son or I am going to take away the rest of your company or better still I will financially tank the stock and I will bankrupt you and your family? Just how long do you think it would take before Vidal Sr. got his son under control?†My guess is 2.5 seconds.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dr. Lucas is, however, a much more dangerous situation, because Gideon did show he still cares for Eva. Gideon went after her at Lucas' office and demanded that Lucas "run the other way" if Lucas sees Eva.

Eva's threats against Lucas tie directly to Elizabeth. Obviously, there is some sort of connection there, so there is a chance Lucas is going to contact Elizabeth, and together they will plot against Eva to stop her from digging into the past.

Plus, Lucas has very strong motive to hurt Eva in revenge for Gideon having hurt Lucas' wife. And of all the people involved, he fears Gideon the least, in terms of reprisal, because the two of them are openly bitter enemies. Now Eva openly made herself Lucas' enemy too.

As Reflected ended, there are three characters who are now open antagonists of Eva: Corrine, Elizabeth and Lucas. Just beneath the surface, Christopher Jr. is a fourth antagonist. A very creepy man (and Gideon has hinted Christopher is "unstable and dangerous") Christopher has made it clear he wants to go out with Eva. 

Another potential antagonist is Christopher Sr., currently a seemingly harmless background character. But he was the man with the money and all the power over Gideon as a child -- and a man who it is clear didn't ever care for Gideon. I think Christopher Sr. will emerge as the true villain who had been the architect of the cover-up. And with Eva threatening to expose that cover-up all these years later, Christopher Sr. has very good motive to try to do something very bad to Eva. He'll probably try something too, and that will set up the ultimate showdown Gideon has with his stepfather -- to protect Eva.

Hi LNCronan,

I do agree on the point that Dr. Lucas could pose a problem for both Eva and Gideon. I really can’t see Dr. Lucas conspiring with Elizabeth Vidal over covering up their crimes. Number one I don’t think that Elizabeth Vidal was in cahoots with Dr. Lucas (now Vidal Sr. I could see those two being in cahoots). Remember the victim “Gideon†is still alive and in order for your theory to come to fruition then everyone would have to assume that Gideon was nuts or had made this entire thing up. Do you really think that Elizabeth Vidal would do that to her son? She wants a relationship and therefore wouldn’t do anything to destroy it. What you are suggesting is one very dangerous game of “chickenâ€. If Elizabeth Vidal loses, she would lose her family, Gideon, custody of Ireland (I couldn’t see Gideon allowing Ireland to live with someone so clearly dangerous), her marriage, her money, her social status, her lifestyle and life as she had always known it to be would cease to exist.

Thus far Dr. Lucas has been nothing more than a little weasel. He doesn’t seem to have the courage to confront Gideon himself about what Gideon did to his marriage, so he sits quietly in the background and picks that those around Gideon, like Eva and maybe Gideon’s mother. If Dr. Lucas doesn’t have the fortitude to have it out with Gideon but instead sits and stews over past doings then I could see the good Dr. being the most dangerous one out of the bunch. Of all the people he has the biggest axe to grind with Gideon and he is the one who stands to lose the most if the truth were ever to come out (if indeed he helped to cover up Gideon’s rapes and abuse). A man who is in jeopardy of losing his livelihood, his career, his savings and his personal and professional reputation would be someone that I could see as being a real threat.

I agree with you that depending on the situation, Christopher Sr. could also be a potential threat against both Gideon and Eva. I think the determining factor will be how much Christopher Sr. loves his wife and his family (at least Ireland) and what would he to do to keep his family or keep from losing his family. I think that the family dynamics there could be really interesting.

The (false public) fact of the matter is Gideon Cross doesn't give a d*** about Eva Trammell anymore. She humiliated him in front of the band itself. Other than losing his temper on the spot, Gideon hasn't done a single thing to the band in retribution. Instead, he retaliated against Eva by dumping her that very weekend. And now (if the tabloids are to be believed) Gideon's once again seeing the great love of his life (Corrine) who he'd wanted to marry years ago.

So when Eva is exposed as Golden, the band members won't have anything to lose by gossiping about her wild past -- and Christopher Jr. personally would be thrilled about the "truth" about the "real" Eva. Before she was a socialite, she was a s***. Eva embarrassed Gideon badly in front of some people -- but now it's Eva's turn for humiliation. The public is going to find out from the tabloids just how much of a s*** she used to be -- what those lyrics really mean about how she used to drop down on her knees and beg Brett.

Brett might be pretty mad at his band members for painting less than a flattering picture about Eva, but part of that song talks all about how Eva used to throw herself at him. Those lyrics are actually true -- and the band saw it with their own eyes. Brett didn't mean it to be vicious when he wrote the song, but other people could twist the meaning. Gideon himself did while still furious with Eva in the back of his limo. "He's had your mouth" is among the things Gideon said in anger, an obvious evil twist to the lyrics "Later, you'll drop to your knees."

(In fact, Brett himself used to laugh at Eva and say pretty nasty things about her. What finally made Eva pull a runner on Brett was overhearing him talking about -- and laughing about -- Eva to his drummer, Darrin, apparently over the fact Eva had just finished f**** his brains out just outside in a car. Brett later became very sorry about the fact she disappeared, but it doesn't change the fact that everyone could see back then what a hot mess Eva actually was -- was before her Dad put her in therapy and Dr. Travis worked wonders through years of therapy.)

As for Christopher, he'd think he's got an even better shot now at getting Eva to sleep with him. If Eva would throw herself into Brett's arms while she was going out with Gideon, Eva would be open to throwing herself at another man (Christopher) too. Turns out Eva's more than just some wild socialite who had sex in his parents' library while a huge society party was in progress just outside. Eva actually f**** Brett in a bathroom stall between sets at concert back in the day. And she would (and did) f**** Brett every chance she got, even though Brett was f****** plenty of other groupies too at the same time he was sleeping with Eva. In fact, I'll bet Christopher is such a creep he'll think that the night of the concert, Eva snuck outside with Brett to f*** him in the parking area -- she'd have done it too if she hadn't gotten caught before the pair of them really got going.

It's a sad truth that although Gideon would do anything to stand up for Eva, protect her and cherish her, the fact is right now he CAN'T do anything of the sort to other people. So anyone (from gossiping band members to Christopher to even Corrine herself) can be as vicious as they want, and Gideon's gotta just sit back acting like he could care less about Eva. 

BUT  ..... Gideon would be put in a place where he would have trust Eva to handle the situation -- handle Brett, handle the band, handle Christopher. It'd be a great opportunity for Gideon to grow -- which truly IS a silver lining. 

Plus the consolation will be that if the story gets out about Eva turning out to be some wild woman who humiliated Gideon in front of other people, now more than ever, the cops cannot hope to sell a jury on the idea he had a motive to kill for her. Because he didn't "conveniently" dump Eva a few days before killing Nathan. Nathan was very much alive when Eva did something to make Gideon despise her.

If it ever came down to it, Gideon could put a parade of witnesses on the stand from his oldest friend (Arnoldo) to a bunch of strangers how furious he was with Eva that night -- so furious he had her dragged out of his very sight. Even one of Eva's own friends (Shawna) could testify to that. Truthfully too. Angus is the only one who knows Gideon later had Eva brought back and they worked out their differences that night.

In fact, faced with the insurmountable task now of showing it wasn't a lie Gideon dumped Eva, maybe that is what's going to make the cops/prosecutor FINALLY drop the case. Their opportunity side of the case is very weak (only a possible hole in Gideon's alibi.) Make the motive side even weaker and they'll maybe decide they don't dare try to prosecute.

Hi LNCronan,

I guess I don’t see Eva’s past as such a big deal to their relationship or even to the media. One only need look at the socialites today to see that most of them were hoochies in their past and some of them still have hoochie ways, but most of them recovered, went on to do other things with their lives and are none worse for wear.

I also don’t know how that would embarrass Gideon. They weren’t dating when Eva was out being naughty. All of this happened a very long time ago. So yes, I am sure that the media would have a field day for a week or two and then they would be on to the next “train wreck†of a socialite to report on. So who cares?

I however wouldn’t see the band mates blabbing about Eva if for no other reason than their own financial safety. These guys have worked really hard to get the deal with Vidal Records so I just couldn’t picture them blowing that all away for some gossip. Let’s make no mistake about this; this would be nothing more than gossip. All these men stand to lose far more than they would gain if they opened their mouths about the “pastâ€.

Thus far all these men are laughing all the way to the bank. Why would they blow that? I could see Christopher Jr. trying to rub Eva’s past in his face, but I could also see Gideon punching his brother in the face or pummeling him into the ground. It might even be possible that Gideon could take away Vidal Records from Christopher Jr. from him, but I couldn’t see that happening with Christopher Sr. stepping in. I guess we will have to wait and see what Sylvia writes in her next book.

Good morning, GiGi. Yes, we're cool -- we're the two biggest board addicts here and it would be a lot less fun without one another. :::: laughing ::::

You're in Camp Monica Is Guilty of Murder One. I'm in Camp Because Corrine Tried Fooling Eva Into Thinking Gideon Is Sleeping With Her It's Karma That Gideon Is Fooling The World Into Thinking He Is Sleeping With Corrine. ::: laughing some more ::::

GiGi, your observation is a good one that if Christopher Jr. smeared Eva for the benefit of tabloid publicity for Vidal Records, that Gideon could retaliate by seriously professionally messing with him, with Christopher Sr., with even dismantling the label itself.

In fact, it may be the final straw that makes Gideon finally make use of the power he's holding over the head the Vidals. The mere ability to wreck them financially is a form of revenge. Doing it is the ultimate get-even. Nasty thing to do? Oh yeah. But we may come to learn they deserve it and much worse once all the Vidal family skeletons are pulled out of that deep dark closet Gideon has kept locked up inside since he was only a boy.

My point is this though -- Gideon CANNOT in any way, shape or form openly jump to EVA'S DEFENSE at present. Even if Christopher Jr. puts Eva through the tabloid grinder, turning Eva into a s**** version of wild real-life socialite Paris Hilton.

Gideon cannot say words to the effect "You hurt the woman I love body and soul and you're going to pay dearly -- literally pay -- for it. I'm going to ruin your career here at Vidal Records, or maybe even destroy the company itself. I'm doing it because you hurt Eva."

Right now, Gideon cannot be Eva's "real" Gideon, her knight in shining armor. He MUST maintain the façade of "fake" Gideon who no longer gives a d*** about Eva Trammell.

Because if he lets Christopher know he cares about Eva AND does something very serious to prove it, what's later going to happen if the cops later bring Gideon to trial for murdering someone on Eva's behalf? The prosecution would put Christopher Jr. on the stand as an especially devastating witness against Gideon.

HOWEVER ....

Gideon could convincingly make the argument that Christopher Jr. used Vidal Records to trash Eva's public image just to embarrass Gideon for spite. Gideon owns a majority of the company AND Gideon is a celebrity. How embarrassing would it be for the world to find out his supposed girlfriend was caught in an alley after a concert Gideon took her to making out with the lead singer of a band under contract with Vidal records. Far worse, it turns out she used to f*** that guy between sets at concerts. In fact, the worst of the tabloids might speculate Eva and Brett were doing more than just kissing out in that alley.

Which actually would be Christopher's real motive -- to hurt Gideon's celebrity image out of pure spite. Speculation that ugly would do it too, because trash Eva, and the tabloids would be smearing Gideon's celebrity image. Imagine them running that recent photo of Gideon kissing Eva in the middle of the sidewalk next to a nasty story about Eva and Brett. That photo is the only one in existence showing Gideon Cross in a passionate lip lock with a woman -- a woman he later caught in a passionate lip lock (or worse) with an ex boyfriend who just so happens to be a rock star for Vidal Records.

Gideon could say, "That's it. You went too far by making the whole world think that I got fooled into dating a tramp who cheated on me with one of the musicians from this record company. I took her to high society functions -- with pictures to prove it -- as a respectable socialite. Now you've got people thinking I dated a s*** after me for my money. You've embarrassed me by using your power at this record company, which I practically own. I'm getting even by stripping you of all of your power at Vidal Records."

See the difference?

I don't want to give the impression here I most definitely think that when word gets out "Golden" is Eva Trammell, the tabloids are going to trash her. The story could just as easily run as "Former Bad Boy Musician Wins Back The Girl." It could just as easily be sweet, especially if behind the scenes, Eva and Gideon together are manipulating the media.

I'm just putting out one of several possibilities.

However, of the two, the nasty version leading people to falsely believe Eva cheated on Gideon with Brett is the better of the two when it comes to Gideon's lack of motive for killing Nathan. Why would Gideon, about a week after he caught Eva red-handed cheating on him, kill some guy over her?

The more I think about it, the more I like the media finding out about Brett and Eva could really be to Gideon and Eva's benefit. Especially if word got out about what happened in that alley after the concert.

It could solve two problems: the cops, and Corrine.

COPS:

Think about it. Right now, the cops are convinced his motive for killing Nathan was he loved Eva so much he'd do anything to protect her. They'd have a hard time establishing that if witnesses could say Eva had "cheated" and Gideon dumped her almost a week before the murder.

CORRINE:

Gideon's been letting people think he left Eva to go back to Corrine. But an even more convincing story would be Gideon dumped Eva over Brett. He then could make people think that weeks later, he decided to forgive Eva and give her a second chance. Even Corrine herself would swallow the bitter "truth" he never really wanted her -- instead, he'd taken a break from Eva.

I wonder whether it was always a "Plan B" of Gideon's that if things got desperate, he could use that ugly incident with Brett to convince people he had no reason to kill Nathan over her. This may have been why Gideon picked Tableau One to take Corrine out for the first time a few nights later. His good friend and owner of the restaurant, Arnoldo, witnessed how enraged Gideon was over Eva caught in Brett's arms. Arnoldo himself bodily threw Eva into the limo to get her out of Gideon's sight.

Now that Gideon and Eva can work together to stop the police from establishing Gideon's motive for murder, the pair of them can agree to manipulate the press with the "Plan B" story. "Plan Brett." It's better than Gideon continuing to "date" Corrine for the foreseeable future.

Hi LNCronan,

I wonder how Gideon would react if he found out about Christopher Jr. touching his beloved Eva. Now that would be a situation where Gideon could kill! I wonder if there is someone else in Gideon’s past where Eva would need her “self defense†skills. What if Eva accidentally discovered who was abusing Gideon and the abuser felt threatened and Eva was forced to defend herself…that would be an interesting twist to the storyline?

So far Eva has done all of the digging into Gideon’s past. She has been successful in uncovering some interesting facts (although she doesn’t have enough information yet). I could see Eva and Carey teaming up to solve the Gideon’s past mystery. I don’t know how much longer Eva is going to patient and wait for Gideon to fill in the blanks. I think that Eva might start to go and look for answers herself and that might get her into serious trouble.

That's a good point, GiGi.  Although I don't think it will be Gideon's abuser (I still maintain Gideon has already done something to him) but I think Eva's going to come face to face with someone involved (Maybe Chris Sr. if my theory is correct about him) and it's going to be a point of danger for her in the book. A place where those "mad skills" will come into play. I don't think they were introduced just so she could throw Gideon off of her during one of his nightmares. I could be wrong of course, but I think we're going to see how strong Eva can really be. I think the snippet when she calls Gideon a caveman and tells him she can take care of herself ties in with this! Man, I cannot wait until June 4th. 

Hi GiGi,

I'm not sure what thread I mentioned it in earlier but anywhoo, my theory is about Christopher Sr. knowing about the abuse of Gideon and paying people off to stay quiet and keep it away from his wife. In my way of thinking it makes sense if Christopher Sr. knew for Gideon to take away his buisness in the form of owning controlling interest in Vidal Records. I bet the thought that maybe Christopher Sr. would off himself at the lost of his buisness crossed Gideon's mind - as Gideon's father did at the lost of his wealth and reputation. I wonder how Christopher Sr. explains to people how his step-son has controlling interest? I even wonder if Elizabeth knows? I think the only reason Gideon didn't take it all and dismantle it was because of his mother, brother and sister. I think he still has love for them, especially Ireland. I'm hoping at some point that side of him will come out. What do you & others think?

I want to add that even if Christopher Sr. kept all of this away from Elizabeth, she's still a rat for not believing her son. I'm not at all violent, but I'd smack her. :laughingsmiley:

Hi Mrsmajessick,

I think that your theory is completely plausible and it also makes sense. I never stopped to consider that Christopher Sr. might commit suicide if he was financially ruined. I think that in order for that to happen, Elizabeth Vidal would have to divorce him, empty his bank accounts (with alimony, child support and whatever else she could think of…), disgrace him by publically revealing what he had done to her child when he was a child and then finally by taking custody of Ireland, essentially leaving him with nothing! I think that would do it!

I don’t think that Elizabeth Vidal knew that Christopher Sr. was covering up Gideon’s abuse (if in fact he was doing so). I think that she would leave him immediately. Elizabeth Vidal would no longer have been in a desperate situation. She was now a woman who had produced offspring for a wealthy man, thereby producing an income of sorts for herself (through child support, spousal support, etc.). Divorce lawyers love to take on those types of wealthy clients! They are the bread and butter of their industry.

If you throw in the scandal of Christopher Vidal Sr. covering up a child’s abuse and doing nothing to stop it or help the child….then goodnight ladies and gentlemen! It would be game over and Elizabeth Vidal would have walked away with the lions’ share of Vidal Sr. fortune and Christopher Sr. would have lost his reputation, society standing and good name. He would be utterly ruined! What does everyone else think?

Monica walked away from her first husband (Barker) because she believed her child was abused. More importantly, Monica took immediate action to protect her child by divorcing the biological father of Eva's rapist. And as part of making sure Monica could financially take care of Eva (in the rich manner to which they are accustomed) she made sure she got a huge financial settlement ($7 million dollars, $5 million of that earmarked for Eva.)

Elizabeth thought her child was a liar. Judging by things she said to Eva (such as Christopher-Jr.-was-there-too) Elizabeth still firmly believes Gideon's abuse was one fat lie. Remember, too, the abuser wasn't a family member. No matter what comes out in the wash now, with Eva vowing to Dr. Lucas that she (Eva) is going to uncover the truth, I doubt Elizabeth will ever believe Gideon. And I doubt Elizabeth will ever leave the man who quickly rescued her after her first husband left her literally penniless.

Holding onto the majority ownership of Vidal Records is definitely, I think, Gideon's form of revenge against his stepfather. His stepfather had all the money and the utter power over the family (from Elizabeth on down to Gideon's half-siblings) when Gideon was a confused little boy, a raped pre-adolescent, and probably an emotionally shut-down teenager. Someone covered up the sexual abuse -- that someone had to have been Christopher Sr. And from around age 5 to when he was 18 and able to leave for college, Gideon woke up every morning to the mercy of his stepfather.

Maybe the fact Ireland is still a teenager (17 years old right now) is the only thing stopping Gideon from using his power to destroy Vidal Records. Because if the Vidals lost the mansion, Ireland would lose the only home she's ever known. Perhaps Gideon is just patiently waiting for Ireland to finish growing up, complete college, and start living independently before he strips his stepfather of Vidal Records. Ireland herself would never have to worry about her own financial security, because Gideon most certainly make sure Ireland is never left wanting (money wise) for the rest of Ireland's life. Ireland's probably the only family member included in Gideon's will.

Perhaps Gideon does not have any intention of actually using the financial weapon he holds over his stepfather's head. The mere possibility Gideon destroy Vidal Records on a whim has to have Christopher Sr. living in a constant state of anxiety -- and that would be the best revenge of all.

Yes, yes, I know it doesn't make business sense for Gideon to destroy Vidal Records. This wouldn't be about business -- it'd be personal. And Gideon can easily afford to take a loss if the stock price of Vidal Records tanked to the point where the company went bankrupt. Gideon's got a massive financial empire of other entertainment companies and considerable real estate holdings. Gideon can easily afford to lose one company he's invested in. The Vidals cannot -- that company is the very foundation of their wealth.

This is one way Gideon could kill the company fast ..... If Gideon were to suddenly dump all his shares onto the market at once, the stock price would tank. Badly. Worse, Gideon would spark a chain reaction -- a shareholder sell-off where other investors would start dumping their shares too -- if entertainment industry titan Gideon Cross is getting out of Vidal Records, other shareholders would run for the door too. Run fast.  Gideon's a financial genius -- and -- he's a member of the Vidal family. If he's suddenly dumping all his shares, people would think the stock is poison.

With a panic sell-off underway, there's no way would Christopher Sr. be able to afford to buy all the shares suddenly dumped onto the market, even with a badly damaged price. He'd have to use up every last bit of cash he has to buy shares -- and still it wouldn't be enough. Because there would still be more shares left hanging for sale after Christopher has gone through all his own cash and cannot buy anymore. No other investors would buy the shares still out there if they believed the stock was poison.

A share of stock is worth only the price of what investors are willing to buy it for. When no one will buy a stock at any price, the stock goes into a death spiral where the bottom is zero, That's when the stock became worthless -- and the company ceases to exist. Earlier this decade, when many of those big banks failed and ceased to exist, that was the very reason -- their stock price kept falling to the point where it became worthless.

Hi LNCronan,

Monica left her first marriage because she found out about Eva’s rapes. The hospital would have confirmed the miscarriage, vaginal and anal scarring. They already had the proof. There would have been no way for Monica to refute that kind of evidence. I am not saying that Monica would have tried.

Let’s remember that Eva was taken to the hospital initially because of excessive bleeding not because she confessed to her mother about being raped and brutalized. Whereas Gideon supposedly made an outcry to someone, most likely his mother and instead of going to a neutral location like a hospital, she decided to try and keep everything quiet from the get-go not realizing that there may have been other persons conspiring behind her back. Instead of listening to her intuition as a mother, she allowed herself to be influenced wrongly by others.

I think it will be very interesting to see if Elizabeth does atone for her wrong doings. I do however think that Elizabeth realizes that she made a HUGE mistake where her son is concerned. She has effectively lost her relationship with Gideon. That alone would have given her reason to sit back and reflect.

Hi LNCronan,

I would really like to know why Gideon has that controlling interest. Do you think that if Elizabeth Vidal knew her husband was covering up Gideon’s rape? How would you factor in Elizabeth Vidal’s reaction to discovering that her son Gideon had controlling interest of Vidal Records? How on earth would Christopher Sr. explain that to his wife? Do you not think that Elizabeth would have said something to her son about that situation?

Something in that situation doesn’t add up. I really hope that we get some more information on that or at least a snippet or two to speculate about. Right now, I can’t figure this entire thing out. What does everyone think?

Hi LNCronan,

I would really like to know why Gideon has that controlling interest. Do you think that if Elizabeth Vidal knew her husband was covering up Gideon’s rape? How would you factor in Elizabeth Vidal’s reaction to discovering that her son Gideon had controlling interest of Vidal Records? How on earth would Christopher Sr. explain that to his wife? Do you not think that Elizabeth would have said something to her son about that situation?

Something in that situation doesn’t add up. I really hope that we get some more information on that or at least a snippet or two to speculate about. Right now, I can’t figure this entire thing out. What does everyone think?

Yes this particular aspect has driven me crazy since reading the books I would love a snippet about this so we can get to the bottom of it...Sylvia are you listening LOL

Hi LNCronan,

I think when someone factors in revenge into an equation, and then Gideon financially ruining Vidal Records would make all the sense in the world. I don’t think that Vidal Records would constitute even a tenth of Gideon’s net worth. So dumping it for revenge sake wouldn’t make a financial difference to him.

I think that if Christopher Sr. Was responsible for covering up Gideon’s abuse and not getting him any help, then I think that he would be getting what he would deserve. What does everyone think?

Hi LNCronan,

Monica left her first marriage because she found out about Eva’s rapes. The hospital would have confirmed the miscarriage, vaginal and anal scarring. They already had the proof. There would have been no way for Monica to refute that kind of evidence. I am not saying that Monica would have tried.

Let’s remember that Eva was taken to the hospital initially because of excessive bleeding not because she confessed to her mother about being raped and brutalized. Whereas Gideon supposedly made an outcry to someone, most likely his mother and instead of going to a neutral location like a hospital, she decided to try and keep everything quiet from the get-go not realizing that there may have been other persons conspiring behind her back. Instead of listening to her intuition as a mother, she allowed herself to be influenced wrongly by others.

I think it will be very interesting to see if Elizabeth does atone for her wrong doings. I do however think that Elizabeth realizes that she made a HUGE mistake where her son is concerned. She has effectively lost her relationship with Gideon. That alone would have given her reason to sit back and reflect.

Of course, in Eva's case there was irrefutable proof that she'd been raped repeatedly. But the point is Monica did not stay with her husband, something some women would have done. After all, Nathan was the animal here, not his father. Some women would have settled for Nathan being removed from the household (especially if he were sent to juvie detention.)

Monica could have stayed with her husband for financial security, settling for a strict condition Nathan never be allowed to step foot under the roof again. In other words, having just Nathan himself thrown out of Eva's world. Monica took a more courageous step of throwing all Nathan ties out of her child's life, a crucial one being Nathan's blood next of kin, his father. Even though the guy had been all too willing to disinherit Nathan. Not good enough, because it wouldn't change the fact they're close blood kin.

Elizabeth and Monica are both the same in that they've turned to rich men to support them (and in Elizabeth's case, a rich man to rescue her.) Monica had the courage to divorce her husband. I doubt Elizabeth does.

Of course, in Eva's case there was irrefutable proof that she'd been raped repeatedly. But the point is Monica did not stay with her husband, something some women would have done. After all, Nathan was the animal here, not his father. Some women would have settled for Nathan being removed from the household (especially if he were sent to juvie detention.)

Monica could have stayed with her husband for financial security, settling for a strict condition Nathan never be allowed to step foot under the roof again. In other words, having just Nathan himself thrown out of Eva's world. Monica took a more courageous step of throwing all Nathan ties out of her child's life, a crucial one being Nathan's blood next of kin, his father. Even though the guy had been all too willing to disinherit Nathan. Not good enough, because it wouldn't change the fact they're close blood kin.

Elizabeth and Monica are both the same in that they've turned to rich men to support them (and in Elizabeth's case, a rich man to rescue her.) Monica had the courage to divorce her husband. I doubt Elizabeth does.

Hi LNCronan,

In Monica’s case, she didn’t know that her daughter was being brutalized and raped. All she knew at the time was that her daughter was hemorrhaging badly and as such took Eva to the Emergency Department.

Would Monica have taken Eva to the Emergency Department had she known that her daughter was being raped? One will never know. The reader can hope that Monica wouldn’t have allowed her daughter to suffer for the sake of a family name.

Whereas Gideon may have finally told his mom that he was being raped. Instead of taking her son to the Emergency Department, Elizabeth Vidal decided to look for help privately. The reader is left to wonder whether Elizabeth actually took Gideon to these doctor’s offices or whether they simply came to her house.

I agree that Elizabeth Vidal put her family’s name and privacy above the welfare of her son. That was despicable! I also agree that Elizabeth Vidal didn’t believe her son which was also despicable! The fact that Elizabeth Vidal put her son in a position where he was pitted against his brother and that he had to prove that he was raped and ultimately wasn’t believed was again DESPICABLE!!

Where we don’t agree is that I don’t know that Elizabeth Vidal actively tried to cover up her son’s rape or that she willingly knew that her son was being raped and just handed her kid over to the rapist to continue to rape Gideon or that she even knew that Christopher Sr. was covering up Gideon's rape, if indeed he was covering it up.

Elizabeth Vidal showed horrendous lack of judgment with Gideon when he was a child whereas Monica showed horrendous lack of judgment with Eva when she didn’t tell her that Nathan was back in town stalking Eva and looking to blackmail everyone.

Why would Monica need to stay with her husband for financial security when she already got seven million dollars worth of financial security? The only difference is that Elizabeth hasn’t decided yet whether she will leave her husband. I don’t know that Elizabeth Vidal would stay with a man who would lie to her and that lie having physically and emotionally devastated him. If indeed Elizabeth Vidal knew what Christopher Sr. was doing or worse still she knew herself and was actively covering up these horrendous crimes, then she deserves to be thrown in jail and have the key tossed away! I guess we will have to wait and see if Sylvia addresses this in the next book.

Hi LNCronan,

Just one other quick thing, I don’t think that Monica had a choice in divorcing Mr. Barker. She would have lost custody of her child. Of that I am sure. Child Protective Services would have taken away that child hands down. I don’t think that they would have stood for Nathan being out of the house and away from Eva. Monica wouldn’t have been able to guarantee her daughter’s safety.

As such I think that the only prudent thing that Monica could have done was to separate herself from that situation altogether and that would have included divorcing the hubbie. Otherwise I am absolutely sure that CPS and the police department would have started digging far more into the family, and she probably would have been found neglectful in her parenting duties. I don’t think that Monica would have taken even an ounce of risk if she possibly could have lost her child.

That is also why I think that she never contacted Mr. Barker after the divorce. She wouldn’t have wanted any misperceived attention coming to her and or her parenting including contacting an ex-husband.

I don’t remember which book it was, Gideon did say that Elizabeth and Chris Sr got married soon after the suicide.   Either this is a marriage of convenience, possibly had an affair.   They definitely knew each other.   Elizabeth and Gideon were about to be thrown of the apartment or house.   Once the “executor†sold that house they are out on their butt.   She was desperate.   Gideon ended up being the aftermath after the sexual abuse.   Who knows what the prenup said.  She was penniless.  We, also, know why he has controlling interest in Vidal Records.

I don’t remember which book it was, Gideon did say that Elizabeth and Chris Sr got married soon after the suicide.   Either this is a marriage of convenience, possibly had an affair.   They definitely knew each other.   Elizabeth and Gideon were about to be thrown of the apartment or house.   Once the “executor†sold that house they are out on their butt.   She was desperate.   Gideon ended up being the aftermath after the sexual abuse.   Who knows what the prenup said.  She was penniless.  We, also, know why he has controlling interest in Vidal Records.

The Cross apartment and every valuable they owned was purchased via money stolen from investors. Like the real-life Bernie Madoff, all their assets would have been immediately seized by the courts. Elizabeth would have been left literally penniless and without a place to live. Even any assets she brought into the marriage would have been frozen too, allowing for the opportunity for for the criminal courts to fight over how the status of those assets may have changed as a result of her getting married.

Christopher Sr. immediately swooped in, obviously to get a trophy wife on sale.