Gideon's Family

MegansCoils

Hi LNCronan,

I don’t know if Elizabeth Vidal would confide in her husband about what happened between her and Eva. I suspect that the merest mention of Gideon and his drama is a bone of contention between these two. I wonder whether they really have a happy marriage and somehow I suspect that it isn’t all sweetness and like between the two of them.

I know you have stated some of your theories about the Vidal’s in the past, but I suspect that Elizabeth Vidal may have been instrumental in helping Gideon gain controlling interest of Vidal Records. I think that if Elizabeth had been kept in the dark about Gideon’s condition and Christopher Sr. cover up, then I could totally see Elizabeth Vidal stepping up to the plate and putting the screws to her husband in order to try and make things right between herself and Gideon. I don’t think that Vidal Sr. could afford to divorce Elizabeth because he would lose everything and he would lose his biological kids (plus the fact that he does love Elizabeth), so he acquiesces and gives Gideon what he wants. In the end it would be cheaper for Christopher Sr. to give Gideon the company than to lose everything else.

I also don’t think that Elizabeth had a fight with Gideon over what Eva said. I think that she would have been afraid to express her “true feelings†for fear that Gideon would cut her off completely. Thus far, Gideon avoids his mother at all costs. I do however think that he takes his mother’s calls and uninvited visits. I think that if Elizabeth went full out with her fury she would have incurred Gideon’s wrath and would have been the cause for the ending of their relationship. That relationship (if you can call it that) is hanging on by threads. If Elizabeth mentioned something to Gideon, she probably would have mentioned it in passing and nothing more.

I don’t think it would matter whether Christopher Jr. knew about the fight between his mother and Eva. Thus far, the only bone that Christopher Jr. has to pick is with Gideon. He seems to be ok with his mom. It also wouldn’t benefit Christopher Jr. in any way. Elizabeth Vidal made the tragic mistake of pitting one child against the other when Gideon was young and I don’t think that she would do it again. I think she sincerely learned her lesson with that one. Plus she wouldn’t have anything to gain by putting yet another wedge between Gideon and his brother. Gideon already hates his mother. An act like that would make him hate his mother more.

I also don’t know if Corinne will seek out Christopher Jr. or even the other way around. It seem like these two characters never really had contact with one another or had any desire to. If Christopher Jr. had eyes, he would have seen the chemistry between Eva and Gideon in the Vidal library. If Magdalene had spilled the beans about what she saw then Christopher Jr. would have gotten an eye witness account to the seriousness of this couple. That would have miles apart from anything that Christopher Jr. would have ever heard about Corinne. I suspect that Magdalene may have been keeping Gideon’s younger brother apprised of Gideon’s relationship status.

If someone were to really look at things, I think that the only true thing Magdalene would have been able to testify to would be what she saw. Everything else; Magdalene either assumed about Corinne or the others or heard about through the grapevine or through the gossip magazines.

I do however wonder what Christopher Jr. will try to do to get Eva to go out with him. I wonder whether he will try to put his hands on her and try to force her to do something. I guess the ultimate question will be; how desperate will Christopher Jr. become and how far will he let his hate for his older brother go before he snaps or gives up.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Magdalene is close to the Vidal family and has been for many years and has known Gideon a long time. Bottom of page 25 and top of page 26 in Reflected, where Magdalene has called Eva the morning after Eva met Corrine. "Gideon and I have known each other a long time. Our mothers are best friends. You and I will see each other around, Eva, and I'm hoping we can find a way to avoid any awkwardness."

Gideon was (still is) somewhat estranged from his family, but the estrangement isn't absolute. By the time the engagement was official, the Vidals would have met Corrine, and so would have the Vidals close friends, including the Perez family (Magdalene's family.) 

This coupled with Magdalene hanging around with Corrine the night before and Magdalene's knowledge about the past engagement, especially how it ended, leads me to believe she most definitely knew Corrine back in the day. 

It would make perfect sense for Corrine to reconnect with the Vidals now as part of her plan to do what she ought to have done years ago -- marry Gideon. This would bring Corrine into present-day contact with Christopher Jr. (who had only been a teenager back then but is now in his early 20s.)

Besides, Christopher already has a nasty habit of approaching Gideon's women whenever possible -- look at how he repeatedly has approached Eva in both novels. The first night, Christopher flat-out asked Eva what the status was between her and Gideon -- and Christopher immediately came on to Eva. Then somehow Christopher found out about the first estrangement between Eva and Gideon (that four-day stretch after Eva found out about Gideon's nightmares.) That's when Christopher talked Eva into attending the garden party at the Vidal estate.

So I'm convinced beyond all doubt there is present day contact between Corrine and Christopher -- and that Christopher is taking every opportunity he can to see Corrine.

Oh Christopher most certainly is frequently checking on the status between Corrine and Gideon, just like he used to do with Eva and Gideon. Looking for any sort of opening that weasel could get with Corrine. I get the sense as part of Christopher's all-consuming jealousy of Gideon is being jealous of the fact Gideon is surrounded by beautiful women in love with him.

I can totally see Creepy Christopher going after the woman people are assuming Gideon is going to marry. Not to mention trying to seduce the hottie Gideon had been f***** in his parents' library, now that she'd been thrown onto the discard pile.

Regarding Christopher Jr. and Eva, it'd be great if he did try to jump Eva's bones literally by grabbing her. Eva has all those Krav Maga moves now. And Eva most certainly, because of her past with Nathan, would be seriously triggered by Christopher touching her in a way meant to be sexual.

She'd seriously kick Christopher's a** -- and would walk away feeling empowered she now has the physical skills to make sure that never again can any male so much as lay a finger on her without her consent.

And something just occurred to me -- near the end of Reflected, Eva made an enemy of Elizabeth. I'll willing to bet this is going to cause Elizabeth to ally herself with Corrine in trying to ensure Eva stays gone from Gideon's life. Elizabeth would never tell Corrine what the fight was about, but she'd most let Corrine know she hates Eva.

Besides Eva has given both Elizabeth and Corrine good reason to hate her. With Elizabeth, the feeling is mutual because of the damage Elizabeth caused by refusing to believe Gideon as a child. With Corrine, Eva mostly feels sorry for her now, but if Corrine turns even nastier, Eva's pity will evaporate along with Gideon's guilt toward Corrine. 

Ditto sscrph and AMC.   I'm convinced Christopher Jr. is going to find out the Eva in the song Golden is Eva Trammell, and Christopher is going to try to exploit that for all it's worth, both for business purposes (great publicity for Vidal Records) and for personal reasons (to twist Gideon's tail.)

My only question is how is Christopher going to find out. I don't think it would be from Brett himself, because just days before Reflected ended, Brett was very discrete in an interview when asked whether there really was an Eva out there. So other possibilities I can think of:

1. Another band member of Six-Ninths. The drummer especially, Darrin, knew Eva back in the day. And the entire band witnessed the fist fight between Gideon and Brett.
  2. Cary shooting his mouth off.
  3. Perhaps even Eva herself in collusion with Gideon as part of them continuing to manipulate the tabloids to cover their tails. Gideon certainly did a great job of making sure the tabloids got pictures of him and Corrine and made sure they knew exactly who Corrine was. It'd be all too easy for Gideon and Eva to arrange a similar stunt between Eva and Brett.

Number three is a stretch, because I think Eva would feel guilty about using Brett that way. But if it would help ensure the cops do drop the case against Gideon, Eva would do it. She's already told Brett flat out (at lunch) there's no chance she'd get back together with him.

I don't know that Elizabeth would team up with Corrine. I don't think she would do anything that would hurt her relationship with Gideon anymore than she already has. I wonder how well they even know Corrine, his own sister doesn't even know him. So i'm thinking that his family doesn't know Corrine well at all. They probably know what Magdalene has told them and what they read in the gossip mags. I definitely think that it's going to come out that Eva is "golden girl." 

How's this for a possible scenario of how Elizabeth and Corrine could join forces against Eva early in Entwined. Keep in mind that neither woman has anything to lose with Gideon by attacking Eva behind his back. As far as everyone still knows, Gideon threw Eva out of his life forever weeks ago. They have no idea Gideon and Eva are secretly back together again.

Throwing out some kooky theories for fun and chatter:

• Christopher Jr. was at the nightclub on Saturday night when Eva attacked his mother outside the ladies room. Elizabeth would have come back from that ladies room trip shaking with anger. Even if she didn't tell her son what Eva said, Christopher is going to know Eva somehow went after his mother.
  • Sometime soon after, Corrine gossips to Christopher that Eva harassed her (Corrine) by showing up unannounced early Tuesday morning at her apartment. Corrine would lie through her teeth, obviously, about what was said. She'd paint Eva as some crazed ex of Gideon's who can't get past the fact Gideon rejected her (Eva) and is now seeing Corrine.
  • In return, Christopher gossips to Corrine about Eva running into him and his parents on Saturday night and that Eva pulled some sort of crazy stunt by going after Gideon's mother.
  • Then Christopher immediately turns around and tells his mother about Eva going after Corrine too.
  • Maybe to both women, Christopher puts some sort of crazy spin on Eva having come to the Vidal's garden party that day in order to lure Gideon into having wild sex with her in the middle of the party. After all, Christopher did walk in on the pair of them too. And Eva had originally been there as Christopher's guest.
  • Corrine and Elizabeth connect and start telling one another half-truths and flat out lies about Gideon's crazy ex. Elizabeth starts plotting about how to do something to Eva to make Eva sorry she ever harassed them to begin with -- and by the time they're done with Eva, she won't ever do it again.
  • Meanwhile, Christopher continues to agitate things too -- what fun!!! Trying to make it look like an ex of Gideon's is going all Fatal Attraction or something.
  • Maybe he'll even try twisting Gideon's tail himself that he (Christopher) has been hearing crazy things about Eva. And that kah-ray-zee Eva is now chasing him (Christopher) -- she took him out to lunch.

We do have a snippet in which Gideon is trying (unsuccessfully) to tell Eva to back off -- that Gideon can fight his own battles. What if that battle is his own family going after Eva. If nothing else, this conversation between Gideon and Eva could open the door for him to be able to talk honestly with Eva about some family stuff past and present.

Remember -- Elizabeth has very good reason to discredit Eva as some nutjob. Because Eva figured out something about the sexual abuse accusations all those years ago. And Eva is threatening Dr. Lucas, who somehow was involved, that Eva's not going to let the matter rest. Meanwhile, Corrine has equally good reason to make things hard for Eva -- Corrine needs to do anything she can to make sure Eva stays gone for good from Gideon's life.

That theory could work. However i really don't think Corrine has any relationship with any of Gideon's family. I am really hoping for this book to focus on Gideon's demons and his journey with Eva. I really feel like they focused enough on Corrine and her attempts to get Gideon back. I feel that Eva has moved past caring about her (Corrine). I'm thinking that she is trying to handle Christopher and thats what Gideon is talking about in that snippet.

Hi LNCronan,

What benefit is it of Christopher Jr. to sleep with Gideon’s cast offs? I would think that the point is to get under Gideon’s skin and “lure†or steal away one of Gideon’s current girlfriends. THAT would seriously off Gideon. The rest just makes Christopher Jr. look like a complete total and utter loser! OK, ok, so we all know that Christopher Jr. is a loser but the point is, he doesn’t think that he is. There has to be a method to his madness. Going after “relationship scraps†doesn’t make sense from a plot line standing.

As far as the Magdalene thing goes, what does the fact that Magdalene’s mother is best friends with Gideon’s mother have to do with anything? You assume that because the mothers were best friends that the kids would be best friends as well. Not true. Surely some of the readers on this forum have had similar situations that whose mothers were best friends but the children were not.

Let’s also remember that Gideon and Magdalene are of the opposite sex. As children they would have had different things they would like to play (girls-tea parties and dress up; boys-GI Joe or cops and robbers, etc.). If these two were both the same sex then I could see the possibility of these two being closer, but the scenario presented doesn’t make sense to me.

As far as Corinne reconnecting with the Vidal’s, I don’t think that Corinne had a lot if any contact with the Vidal’s. This was a normal situation with a traditional family. If Gideon never set foot in his household and he never had anyone in his own apartment (with the exception of his mother showing up unannounced rarely) then I don’t think that Gideon would have gone out of his way to bring Corinne along to meet the “familyâ€. I also don’t think that he threw an engagement party to announce his marriage to Corinne. So how Corinne would be “reconnecting†with the Vidal family?

I think that Gideon did everything humanly possible to keep his personal life separate and away from his family. If he didn’t feel safe with his family or the family surroundings then why on earth would Gideon bring Corinne into that mix? Gideon once cared for Corinne, so I would think that he would have wanted to protect her from his awful past. What does everyone think?

Hi LNCronan,

I wonder how Gideon would react if he found out about Christopher Jr. touching his beloved Eva. Now that would be a situation where Gideon could kill! I wonder if there is someone else in Gideon’s past where Eva would need her “self defense†skills. What if Eva accidentally discovered who was abusing Gideon and the abuser felt threatened and Eva was forced to defend herself…that would be an interesting twist to the storyline?

So far Eva has done all of the digging into Gideon’s past. She has been successful in uncovering some interesting facts (although she doesn’t have enough information yet). I could see Eva and Carey teaming up to solve the Gideon’s past mystery. I don’t know how much longer Eva is going to patient and wait for Gideon to fill in the blanks. I think that Eva might start to go and look for answers herself and that might get her into serious trouble.

Hi LNCronan,

In order to have an enemy, one has to suppose that the ally has power to wield and thus far, Elizabeth Vidal has NONE! She has no power or any standing with her son (he tolerates her at best), she screwed up the relationship between her family and Gideon when she sided with the Vidal’s medical experts, etc.and I don’t think that Elizabeth Vidal would have really had any contact with Corinne either.

Let’s also remember that Gideon absolutely LOVES Eva madly, obsessively, etc. and I don’t think that for one second Gideon would put anyone else above Eva. I think that Gideon would slay anyone who stood in his way of a happily ever after with Eva and that would include his mother, brother, maybe even sister and most definitely his “friends†(family or otherwise). The only opinion that counts, the only person that counts is Eva. That is why Gideon tolerates Carey and makes concessions for Eva’s needs. If it makes Eva happy then Gideon will deal …

I also don’t think that Eva has given Elizabeth reason to hate her. The only thing that Eva has done is point out Elizabeth’s’ flaws as a mother. I could see Elizabeth disliking Eva because of her mouth, but hate is a very strong word and I don’t think that Eva’s actions have reached that level yet. What does everyone else think?

Hi AMC,

What effect do you think that Christopher Jr. spilling the beans will have on Gideon? It is a song; it isn’t a confession of an affair. How exactly would Christopher Jr. stick it Gideon? What is the worst that could happen? If anything Vidal Records would profit and the “song sales†would go through the roof.

The lyrics of the song talk about a love affair, nothing dirty or torrid so I can’t see how Gideon would be affected professionally. I could see Gideon’s jealously rearing up, but that is something they will have to deal with together. Eva also has a serious jealousy issue. So what… :)

Hi LNCronan,

I still don’t see how the release of Eva being the main subject of “Golden Girl†is going to be an issue. What does Christopher Jr. get out of the deal? He still won’t have Eva, ever! As I mentioned earlier, none of the lyrics are torrid so….what Gideon gets ribbed by his younger brother about how Eva had a love affair with a rock star….and?

Publically I couldn’t see that the release of Eva being the inspiration for “Golden Girl†being an issue. This type of information isn’t like dealing with a s** scandal or a videotape scandal.

I think that if Christopher Jr. shot off his mouth about some of the gossip he heard from the band, I think would lead to demise. I could see Gideon taking the company away or making his brother suffer for shooting his mouth off. Somehow I don’t know if I would see the band members spilling secrets about Brett and Eva’s past. They recognize that Vidal Records is their meal ticket and in some way, Eva too. So I think that this is one of those secrets that they would all carry to their graves.

Could it be that Sylvia is using this part of the story as a “red herring� Other than a fight or two between Eva and Gideon, what more can be gained with that information? What does everyone think?

Combing responses to a few different points from above:

• Christopher had been sleeping with Magdalene, who in a way was one of Gideon's rejects -- rejects in that Gideon refused to sleep with Magdalene. I'll be Christopher has been lurking around trying to seduce every socialite who failed to seduce Gideon. Probably succeeded in several cases, too, especially among those with self-esteem issues. But Corrine and Eva both represent the ultimate prize as the only girlfriends who also were sexual partners with Gideon. I'll bet Christopher will try his hardest to get both of them in bed.
  • Magdalene has known Gideon for a very long time. Their mothers are best friends. That's the obvious connection. At the very least, Magdalene and Gideon would have been at the same family parties, especially around the holidays. The families may have even sometimes vacationed together, which is quite common with the very wealthy.
  • I agree that Corrine's contact with the Vidals would have been limited in the past -- limited in that Gideon wouldn't be spending much time with his family, so he wouldn't be bringing Corrine along. But I can easily see Elizabeth spending lots of time with Corrine on her own, hoping that her future daughter-in-law could be the means by which Elizabeth could finally bridge the huge gap Gideon created. And I can see Corrine (who was sweet and kind back then) being more than willing to try to help Elizabeth, feeling sorry for how much Elizabeth missed her son and wanting to do whatever she (Corrine) could do to heal the family rift.
  • Remember, Corrine would have had zero idea of why Gideon (with very good reason) did not love his mother nor wasn't close at all to his then-teenaged half-brother nor pre-school half-sister. And as a future daughter-in-law, it would be normal for Corrine to get to know the Vidals as best she can, even if Gideon himself limited his own contact with them. Corrine wouldn't take "sides." (Unlike Eva, who especially when she knew the truth about Christopher and guessed some of the truth about Elizabeth, clearly took Gideon's side.)
  • I can also see present day Elizabeth and Corrine reconnecting -- Corrine is repeating the old pattern of chasing Gideon, which would also involve "chasing" his family, because Corrine's aim is to become family herself. Elizabeth would be all too receptive to any fresh chance to forge a new permanent connection, and Corrine would be open to becoming close to any or all of Gideon's only close blood kin. Corrine will try any and everything to insert herself into Gideon's life for good.
  • Eva hates very much how badly Elizabeth damaged Gideon, by refusing to take the word of a child he was being sexually abused. This is a little different from hating the woman herself. However, Eva obviously has zero respect for Elizabeth, because Elizabeth was horribly at fault. But Eva, as an avenging angel on Gideon's behalf, has sworn to find out what happened about the abuse being covered up. This does pit her against Elizabeth and Dr. Lucas -- so yes, Eva has made herself their enemy.

This is key: Until it is safe to openly go back to Eva, Gideon has to act like Eva meant nothing to him and he wants nothing more to do with her. So on the surface, he cannot lift a finger to defend and protect Eva against anything his mother, Corrine, and/or Christopher do. To protect Eva would demonstrate he cares for Eva, and that's now become more dangerous than ever. And it's most dangerous of all to have any open contact with Eva.

Gideon's lack of any concern apparent concern for Eva gives all three of them (Elizabeth, Corrine and Christopher) an advantage in that any or all of them can do things to try to hurt Eva and not face any open reprisal. Thus they can keep at it. It also creates a vulnerable situation for Eva in that the three of them, falsely believing Gideon wouldn't care even if he did find out, can declare "open season" on Eva. She's got a bull's eye painted on her.

Why do you think Corrine made sure, because she asked very early in the confrontation, that Gideon had absolutely no idea Eva had shown up on her (Corrine's) doorstep. Once she ascertained that Eva still wasn't in contact with Gideon, Corrine tried going on the offensive (not that it worked -- Eva kept the upper hand throughout the entire fight.)

So what's going to happen when Corrine tells Gideon about crazy Eva, which I'm absolutely certain Corrine will do in order to head Eva off at the pass, covering herself (Corrine) because there's a risk Eva might try to re-establish contact with Gideon. Corrine will lie through her teeth painting Eva as a nutjob. So Gideon's most likely response will be "just ignore her, Corrine -- she doesn't matter." To do anything else, especially for Gideon to offer to "talk to Eva" would be just too dangerous. Meanwhile, Corrine, believing falsely that Gideon plans to continue to keep Eva shut out of his life, now has free reign to openly try messing with Eva. No more stuff behind people's (especially Gideon's) back while maintaining that sweet appearance.

At best, with Christopher Jr., Gideon could tell him "stay away from Eva." And Christopher will respond by "try and stop me." What's Gideon going to do to stop him? He can't (not openly). Besides, Gideon has already admitted to Eva that he's failed in various ways in the past to try to curb Christopher. Everything from making threats to throwing money at him hasn't worked. Gideon told Eva that now, all Gideon does is to try damage control.

Dr. Lucas is, however, a much more dangerous situation, because Gideon did show he still cares for Eva. Gideon went after her at Lucas' office and demanded that Lucas "run the other way" if Lucas sees Eva.

Eva's threats against Lucas tie directly to Elizabeth. Obviously, there is some sort of connection there, so there is a chance Lucas is going to contact Elizabeth, and together they will plot against Eva to stop her from digging into the past.

Plus, Lucas has very strong motive to hurt Eva in revenge for Gideon having hurt Lucas' wife. And of all the people involved, he fears Gideon the least, in terms of reprisal, because the two of them are openly bitter enemies. Now Eva openly made herself Lucas' enemy too.

As Reflected ended, there are three characters who are now open antagonists of Eva: Corrine, Elizabeth and Lucas. Just beneath the surface, Christopher Jr. is a fourth antagonist. A very creepy man (and Gideon has hinted Christopher is "unstable and dangerous") Christopher has made it clear he wants to go out with Eva. 

Another potential antagonist is Christopher Sr., currently a seemingly harmless background character. But he was the man with the money and all the power over Gideon as a child -- and a man who it is clear didn't ever care for Gideon. I think Christopher Sr. will emerge as the true villain who had been the architect of the cover-up. And with Eva threatening to expose that cover-up all these years later, Christopher Sr. has very good motive to try to do something very bad to Eva. He'll probably try something too, and that will set up the ultimate showdown Gideon has with his stepfather -- to protect Eva.

GiGi, on 22 Mar 2013 - 23:20, said:

GiGi, on 22 Mar 2013 - 23:20, said:

Hi LNCronan,

I still don’t see how the release of Eva being the main subject of “Golden Girl” is going to be an issue. What does Christopher Jr. get out of the deal? He still won’t have Eva, ever! As I mentioned earlier, none of the lyrics are torrid so….what Gideon gets ribbed by his younger brother about how Eva had a love affair with a rock star….and?

Publically I couldn’t see that the release of Eva being the inspiration for “Golden Girl” being an issue. This type of information isn’t like dealing with a s** scandal or a videotape scandal.

I think that if Christopher Jr. shot off his mouth about some of the gossip he heard from the band, I think would lead to demise. I could see Gideon taking the company away or making his brother suffer for shooting his mouth off. Somehow I don’t know if I would see the band members spilling secrets about Brett and Eva’s past. They recognize that Vidal Records is their meal ticket and in some way, Eva too. So I think that this is one of those secrets that they would all carry to their graves.

Could it be that Sylvia is using this part of the story as a “red herring”? Other than a fight or two between Eva and Gideon, what more can be gained with that information? What does everyone think?

The (false public) fact of the matter is Gideon Cross doesn't give a d*** about Eva Trammell anymore. She humiliated him in front of the band itself. Other than losing his temper on the spot, Gideon hasn't done a single thing to the band in retribution. Instead, he retaliated against Eva by dumping her that very weekend. And now (if the tabloids are to be believed) Gideon's once again seeing the great love of his life (Corrine) who he'd wanted to marry years ago.

So when Eva is exposed as Golden, the band members won't have anything to lose by gossiping about her wild past -- and Christopher Jr. personally would be thrilled about the "truth" about the "real" Eva. Before she was a socialite, she was a s***. Eva embarrassed Gideon badly in front of some people -- but now it's Eva's turn for humiliation. The public is going to find out from the tabloids just how much of a s*** she used to be -- what those lyrics really mean about how she used to drop down on her knees and beg Brett.

Brett might be pretty mad at his band members for painting less than a flattering picture about Eva, but part of that song talks all about how Eva used to throw herself at him. Those lyrics are actually true -- and the band saw it with their own eyes. Brett didn't mean it to be vicious when he wrote the song, but other people could twist the meaning. Gideon himself did while still furious with Eva in the back of his limo. "He's had your mouth" is among the things Gideon said in anger, an obvious evil twist to the lyrics "Later, you'll drop to your knees."

(In fact, Brett himself used to laugh at Eva and say pretty nasty things about her. What finally made Eva pull a runner on Brett was overhearing him talking about -- and laughing about -- Eva to his drummer, Darrin, apparently over the fact Eva had just finished f**** his brains out just outside in a car. Brett later became very sorry about the fact she disappeared, but it doesn't change the fact that everyone could see back then what a hot mess Eva actually was -- was before her Dad put her in therapy and Dr. Travis worked wonders through years of therapy.)

As for Christopher, he'd think he's got an even better shot now at getting Eva to sleep with him. If Eva would throw herself into Brett's arms while she was going out with Gideon, Eva would be open to throwing herself at another man (Christopher) too. Turns out Eva's more than just some wild socialite who had sex in his parents' library while a huge society party was in progress just outside. Eva actually f**** Brett in a bathroom stall between sets at concert back in the day. And she would (and did) f**** Brett every chance she got, even though Brett was f****** plenty of other groupies too at the same time he was sleeping with Eva. In fact, I'll bet Christopher is such a creep he'll think that the night of the concert, Eva snuck outside with Brett to f*** him in the parking area -- she'd have done it too if she hadn't gotten caught before the pair of them really got going.

It's a sad truth that although Gideon would do anything to stand up for Eva, protect her and cherish her, the fact is right now he CAN'T do anything of the sort to other people. So anyone (from gossiping band members to Christopher to even Corrine herself) can be as vicious as they want, and Gideon's gotta just sit back acting like he could care less about Eva. 

BUT  ..... Gideon would be put in a place where he would have trust Eva to handle the situation -- handle Brett, handle the band, handle Christopher. It'd be a great opportunity for Gideon to grow -- which truly IS a silver lining. 

Plus the consolation will be that if the story gets out about Eva turning out to be some wild woman who humiliated Gideon in front of other people, now more than ever, the cops cannot hope to sell a jury on the idea he had a motive to kill for her. Because he didn't "conveniently" dump Eva a few days before killing Nathan. Nathan was very much alive when Eva did something to make Gideon despise her.

If it ever came down to it, Gideon could put a parade of witnesses on the stand from his oldest friend (Arnoldo) to a bunch of strangers how furious he was with Eva that night -- so furious he had her dragged out of his very sight. Even one of Eva's own friends (Shawna) could testify to that. Truthfully too. Angus is the only one who knows Gideon later had Eva brought back and they worked out their differences that night.

In fact, faced with the insurmountable task now of showing it wasn't a lie Gideon dumped Eva, maybe that is what's going to make the cops/prosecutor FINALLY drop the case. Their opportunity side of the case is very weak (only a possible hole in Gideon's alibi.) Make the motive side even weaker and they'll maybe decide they don't dare try to prosecute.

How's this for a possible scenario of how Elizabeth and Corrine could join forces against Eva early in Entwined. Keep in mind that neither woman has anything to lose with Gideon by attacking Eva behind his back. As far as everyone still knows, Gideon threw Eva out of his life forever weeks ago. They have no idea Gideon and Eva are secretly back together again.

Throwing out some kooky theories for fun and chatter:

• Christopher Jr. was at the nightclub on Saturday night when Eva attacked his mother outside the ladies room. Elizabeth would have come back from that ladies room trip shaking with anger. Even if she didn't tell her son what Eva said, Christopher is going to know Eva somehow went after his mother.
  • Sometime soon after, Corrine gossips to Christopher that Eva harassed her (Corrine) by showing up unannounced early Tuesday morning at her apartment. Corrine would lie through her teeth, obviously, about what was said. She'd paint Eva as some crazed ex of Gideon's who can't get past the fact Gideon rejected her (Eva) and is now seeing Corrine.
  • In return, Christopher gossips to Corrine about Eva running into him and his parents on Saturday night and that Eva pulled some sort of crazy stunt by going after Gideon's mother.
  • Then Christopher immediately turns around and tells his mother about Eva going after Corrine too.
  • Maybe to both women, Christopher puts some sort of crazy spin on Eva having come to the Vidal's garden party that day in order to lure Gideon into having wild sex with her in the middle of the party. After all, Christopher did walk in on the pair of them too. And Eva had originally been there as Christopher's guest.
  • Corrine and Elizabeth connect and start telling one another half-truths and flat out lies about Gideon's crazy ex. Elizabeth starts plotting about how to do something to Eva to make Eva sorry she ever harassed them to begin with -- and by the time they're done with Eva, she won't ever do it again.
  • Meanwhile, Christopher continues to agitate things too -- what fun!!! Trying to make it look like an ex of Gideon's is going all Fatal Attraction or something.
  • Maybe he'll even try twisting Gideon's tail himself that he (Christopher) has been hearing crazy things about Eva. And that kah-ray-zee Eva is now chasing him (Christopher) -- she took him out to lunch.
We do have a snippet in which Gideon is trying (unsuccessfully) to tell Eva to back off -- that Gideon can fight his own battles. What if that battle is his own family going after Eva. If nothing else, this conversation between Gideon and Eva could open the door for him to be able to talk honestly with Eva about some family stuff past and present.

Remember -- Elizabeth has very good reason to discredit Eva as some nutjob. Because Eva figured out something about the sexual abuse accusations all those years ago. And Eva is threatening Dr. Lucas, who somehow was involved, that Eva's not going to let the matter rest. Meanwhile, Corrine has equally good reason to make things hard for Eva -- Corrine needs to do anything she can to make sure Eva stays gone for good from Gideon's life.

Hi LNCronan,

Why would Christopher Jr. know that Eva and Elizabeth got into it? The only thing that Christopher would know is that his mother came back to the family table upset. A million things could have upset this woman (a bathroom attendant, an old flame of Christopher Sr., an old “frenemyâ€). Your theory assumes that Christopher Jr. is completely astute and constantly on the prowl for every little possible slight or potential scenario…Might I remind you that Christopher Jr. is still just a “guy†and our firmer sex isn’t always as perceptive as us. :)

Let’s just also be clear that Eva didn’t attack Elizabeth Vidal per say, she just got a verbal can of whoop Arse heaped on her! :)

• Your argument assumes that Corinne has no self preservation skills what so ever and thus far Christopher Jr. has managed to creep out Eva (and I am sure many others), so why would Corinne want to be in cahoots with Jr. She’s already had Sr. and cavorting with Jr. is a demotion….:)

• There is no proof thus far that Christopher Jr. and Corinne even know each other beyond a hello so this theory might be a little out there… :) (no judgments, I’ve had a few interesting ones myself…read the Mr. Barker one…that should make the group members laugh! :))

• Your theory also assumes that Christopher Jr. has this great kind loving relationship with his mother and that his mother wouldn’t be wise to his bulls*** stunts. Nay my good friend! :) If a child were going to do something devious or nasty, the first person that any child would want to avoid like the plague would be their parents. Half decent parents would be able to tell when one of their kids was trying to pull a stunt. Notice I said “half decentâ€. I am hoping that Elizabeth Vidal learned from the Gideon fiasco and isn’t a complete “mommy dearestâ€!

• Your theory is starting to make Christopher Jr. sound like a “girl†with all of this gossiping :)

• As far as the Vidal garden party is concerned Christopher Jr. could inadvertently consider that a win for him. Eva’s acceptance to the party got Gideon to show up. As far as Elizabeth is concerned, I don’t think that she would care how Gideon got there but she might care who got him there (i.e. Christopher Jr. invite to Eva who got him to follow). If anything Christopher Jr. might get all the praise as far as his mother was concerned.

• I don’t think that Corinne would seek out Elizabeth Vidal or even the other way around. I get the feeling that Elizabeth wouldn’t want to rock the boat with her son. As much as she may want to vent about what Eva said to her or even anyone else for that fact, I think that the fear of losing her son permanently would make her bite her tongue, thus keeping her quiet.

• The next thing you know, Corinne and Elizabeth may end up becoming best friends (replacing Magdalene’s mother of that title) and get together regularly to gab about the latest contest who got voted off on the “Bachelorette†all while French braiding each other’s hair. :):):)

• I think that if Christopher Jr. tried twisting Gideon’s tail, then he would end up twisting Christopher Jr. b****. :) Ok, so now I am getting really silly! Sorry everyone. :)

Ok, ok, in all seriousness now, I think that we the faithful readers are due for another snippet or two. Maybe that will help us all to figure out which path to take as far as theories are concerned.

In all seriousness again, thank you LNCronan for taking the time to come up with all these incredible theories. It certainly makes the time fly faster and makes passing the time a lot easier and more fun. :)

Oh my God, GiGi, you're now starting to sound like you're defending Christopher Jr. too!!!!!! I'm laughing in mock horror!!!!! You're ready to hang Monica for murder one. And do I remember correctly you called Angus everyone's "pet"? (Or that might have been someone else.) But you're cutting slack to people Eva, our heroine, doesn't even like with d*** good reason? Oh say it ain't so!!!!!!

• Corrrine is a two-faced schemer who has very deliberately caused Eva a lot of anguish.
  • Christopher is a world-class creep who lives for sticking it to Gideon whenever possible, especially where women are concerned (and we may find out MUCH worse when Gideon explains "unstable and dangerous" as he finally will actually talk to Eva about his family)
  • Elizabeth decided her child was a liar -- when in fact he was a boy (yes, boy - he was pre-teen) that had been victimized in the most awful way a child can be.

THESE ARE NOT PEOPLE TO BE DEFENDED!!!!!

I APPLAUD EVA FOR SEEING THEM FOR WHAT THEY ARE!!!!!

ALREADY GIDEON SEES BOTH "MOMMY DEAREST" AND HIS HALF-BROTHER FOR WHAT THEY ARE!!!. 

AND ONCE HE AND EVA HAVE THE HONEST TALK ABOUT WHAT'S REALLY BEEN THE DEAL WITH CORRINE THESE LAST THREE WEEKS, GIDEON IS GOING TO UNDERSTAND HOW TWO-FACED CORRINE TRIED TO DESTROY EVA'S LOVE FOR HIM!!!!!

(Whew, there, got that off my chest. I feel lots better now, and I'm still laughing.)

I don't think that Gideon's family will be in cahoots with Corrine. There is no proof that they ever had any involvement with Corrine at all. Gideon moved out at a young age and it doesn't seem like he ever goes back to that house. I think that Gideon is going to end up telling Corrine to go to h***, once he realizes what she has been up to. I do have a feeling that Christopher is definitely going to make a play for Eva, and may even get to experience her Krav Maga skills. 

Hi LNCronan,

After I stopped rolling around on the ground from laughter, I reread your comments and I just wanted to clarify a few things.

• I never said that Elizabeth Vidal would win the mother of the year award. In fact I think it was I who rallied about just how despicable Elizabeth was for NOT believing her son. Where we differ is I don’t think that she has done everything wrong. I still don’t have enough evidence to convict her of other things as well. If you want to hang Elizabeth Vidal for what she did to her son by not believing him about the abuse then you grab the rope and I‘ll find the tree.

• Monica deserves a b**** slap about her “supervised neglect†of her daughter while she was living with the first Mr. Yes she got herself out of the marriage and a nice settlement for herself and her kid, but everything she did was to avoid any kind family scandal so how the heck is that being a responsible parent?! She took away her daughter’s voice and right to confront her accuser (part of the healing process).

• Later on in the story Monica actually spotted Nathan….YES THE NATHAN outside of the Crossfire Building and what does our Monica do……NOTHING! She doesn’t say a WORD to her daughter!! If you want to hang her as well, then I am in for those reasons.

• Now, now LNCronan, do you really want to go after me about what my position is about children and abuse? I think not Missy! :) I have always been pro victim’s rights! Always!

• I all for convicting someone for what they have DONE but NOT what they MIGHT do. :)

• You want to hang these people for things that haven’t done YET. That is the difference. :)

• I don’t recall calling Angus everyone’s pet, but feel free to refer back to the posting and I will be more than happy to figure out what the context was in which I might said that. :)

Try and think of it this way, wouldn’t this be a boring forum if you didn’t have someone to spar with? Part of having a theory hold up is being able to withstand challenges. I hope we are still good lady. At the end of the day, it is all good on my end, although pretty soon we may end up betting on who ends up being accurate on some of the theories. :)

Hi LNCronan,

Yes, I can picture Corinne being absolutely desperate. She knows that Eva is a very real threat regardless of whether Gideon broke up with her or not. She had something with Gideon that Corinne never did…PASSION! That fact wouldn’t have been lost on Corinne. If Corinne was secure in her relationship with Gideon she wouldn’t have reacted in that way. She would have told Eva to go and take a hike and slammed the door in her face.

So I think that when Corinne got into it with Eva, she was doing everything within her power to try and chase off any potential competition. I could see Gideon telling Corinne that they were just friends and Corinne trying to change his mind and in the process of trying she snaps, but I don’t know that I see Gideon purposely wanting to hurt Corinne.

As a woman and a fellow human being would you want to root for a character that goes out and mentally destroys another human being because she had the misfortune of falling in love with Gideon Cross? I don’t. Where’s the fun or the thrill in knowing that deep down inside, Gideon is on despicable human being? Even if Gideon didn’t know that Corinne was in love with him before, he knows it now. Eva pointed it out to him on a few occasions and I am sure that Corinne has more than demonstrated that through her actions.

So what did Corinne do to Eva? She said a few nasty words…that’s it. She didn’t kill Eva’s cat, or try and go after her with a knife (Fatal Attraction style), she got into words with someone she felt was a threat to her.

I sincerely don’t believe that Corinne was enraged when Eva showed up on her doorstep. Not even close!! She was off that Eva showed up because she didn’t like the woman and she told her off, but rage? No way!!