Gideon's Family

MegansCoils

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don’t remember which book it was, Gideon did say that Elizabeth and Chris Sr got married soon after the suicide.   Either this is a marriage of convenience, possibly had an affair.   They definitely knew each other.   Elizabeth and Gideon were about to be thrown of the apartment or house.   Once the “executor†sold that house they are out on their butt.   She was desperate.   Gideon ended up being the aftermath after the sexual abuse.   Who knows what the prenup said.  She was penniless.  We, also, know why he has controlling interest in Vidal Records.

Hi Donnad,

Thus far, many in the forum have surmised that Elizabeth’s marriage to Christopher Vidal Sr. as one of convenience.  Elizabeth Cross (at the time) was probably in a very desperate situation.  She most likely wasn’t aware of her husband’s ponzi scheming ways.  So it must have come as a huge shock and surprise when she lost her home, possessions, valuables and money.  As such she may have gone looking for a provider for her and her son.  Enter Christopher Vidal Sr.

I know that I personally never stopped to think that Elizabeth Cross may have been having an affair with Vidal Sr.  There wasn’t anything written in the books, but who knows, thus far, we the readers have so very little to go on and as such have been wildly speculating about theories and such… :)

I think that it probably would have been very easy for Elizabeth to find herself another husband.  She was a socialite and as such would have been in good standing (at least for a while anyway), but I am sure that she was probably very beautiful, well bred and had a good family background (her original family name prior to marrying Gideon’s father).

I wonder if Sylvia will take pity on us and throw us a “bone†by way of a snippet or two about the many theories that we have all been discussing…sigh!  June 4th come quickly please. :)

The Cross apartment and every valuable they owned was purchased via money stolen from investors. Like the real-life Bernie Madoff, all their assets would have been immediately seized by the courts. Elizabeth would have been left literally penniless and without a place to live. Even any assets she brought into the marriage would have been frozen too, allowing for the opportunity for for the criminal courts to fight over how the status of those assets may have changed as a result of her getting married.

Christopher Sr. immediately swooped in, obviously to get a trophy wife on sale.

It seems that Elizabeth jumped from the frying pan straight into the fire! Sigh!

She's told us Entwined picks up immediately where Reflected left off, and she's given us an actual book excerpt of something crucial that happens one hour into the story (i.e. part of a scene in which Gideon sneaks into Eva's apartment for them to have a pivotal conversation.) I'd love the whole first chapter, but for now I'm grateful to have even that excerpt.

Especially because as an added bonus, she gave us a unique look (the New Year's teaser) of that same scene from inside Gideon's own head.

I never got anything even remotely like that while waiting for another novel (for example, Harry Potter) so I'm eternally grateful.

But I'll gladly take any more snippets she is willing to share.