Eva's Dad....

NewbieILYSD

So I'm wondering because I obsess a lot. Is Eva's dad going to find out what happened between her and nathan or is it irrelevant? :/

How would he react?

& if he and Monica are still in love obviously is there any chance of a little affair? Lol just wondering these characters don't take part in the story but I would like to know how he would react to knowing about his daughters past

There are alot of great recent insights on this topic in the "spoiler's thread"...

I think that Victor will have a big part in EIY....he is a veteran detective and I think that by their nature detectives are curious.

I think that a red flag went up for Victor on all that transpired at Eva's apartment Friday night. 

And yes, I think that Victor and Monica will have some kind of fling...

I don't think victor and Monica will have a fling. Victor seems to to be a stand up guy n dad he wouldn't do that to himself or to Monica . Plus he loves eva to nuch to set that example for her. I think as her dad he will be hurt that he couldn't support his daughter through her trauma of rape.

I think they'd (Vic and Monica) would accidently kiss or something, here is hoping lol...

Umm that makes sense Vic doesn't seem like the type to let things go so easily, maybe he finds out on his own. I wonder would there be any resentment towards monica for not telling him what happened and letting stanton take responsibility over the situation. Thanks for your insights :)

I'm overthinking everything because I have four months to wait lol.. Xx

I don't think Monica and victor will have an affair or anything like it. When they meet at Eva's apartment, you can tell that they care about each other and might even love still, but both of them are comfortable with their places in life and might be happy. Stanton is good for Monica and cares for her and Eva, and victor was starting to date someone....maybe they will talk about all the things from the past and even confess each other their love, but I think will be just that. Also, I don't think victor will know about the rape, I think the father-daughter relationship is too good to be broke, victor will be very hurt to know that Eva didn't trust him..

Just my thoughts.

There is always hope for an accidental kiss or something lol ;)...

I don't think Eva and Monica choose to not tell Victor because they didn't trust him, I think it was more out of embarassment and knowing that maybe he'd be angry and do something dumb like killing or hurting someone ... :/ maybe they didn't want to burden him with that. I think he should definately know because it'll probably make their bond closer and he'll understand why "Gideon did what he did" allegedly that is ;)

Ok I'm a little confused. Why did Eva's dad put her in the therapy where she met Cary? Because of her attitude or because of the abuse? Something is telling me no one besides her mom (and now Gideon) knew about what happened with Nathan so I'm going with attitude. I've read so much I've forgot and fusing all the stories!

Ok I'm a little confused. Why did Eva's dad put her in the therapy when she met Cary? Because of her attitude or because of the abuse? Something is telling me no one besides her mom (and now Gideon) knew about what happened with Nathan so I'm going with attitude. I've read so much I've forgot and fusing all the stories!

I think that Victor put Eva in therapy because she had anger issues and was out of control..

Hi everyone, I had a chance to read all the posts and I think that Eva's dad may have a more significant role in the next book. I am hoping that all will be revealed, ie. did Victor find out about Eva's abuse and how? I also really hope that it will be revealed if he played a role in the death of Nathan. Those are just my thoughts mixed in with some of my hopes. :) GiGi

Hi everyone, I was thinking about everything and I was wondering why is Eva's past such a big thing? Something seems off there. I am sure that Victor would be very upset with Monica about they was she handled things but I question how much respect Victor could have for Monica realizing that she was monetarily shallow (and that he got passed over because he would never be wealthy-given his profession and family status). Something doesn't quite add up. What does everyone else think?

Hi everyone,

I was thinking about everything and I was wondering why is Eva's past such a big thing? Something seems off there. I am sure that Victor would be very upset with Monica about they was she handled things but I question how much respect Victor could have for Monica realizing that she was monetarily shallow (and that he got passed over because he would never be wealthy-given his profession and family status). Something doesn't quite add up. What does everyone else think?

I am going with this scenario: Gideon killed Nathan (Angus is the only person who knows) cos that is the ONLY way, in his mind, justice is served (remember he supports causes for abuse victims as well, way before he met Eva so he'd already felt strongly for this). He is smart enough NOT to fall for the detective's bait (of dropping the case) so they continue to lie low. Victor finds out the whole story and advises Gideon of A loophole in the system and how to get out of it.

Gideon becomes a good friend of Victors which makes Eva happy!

Eva's mom, Monica, is deeply ashamed of what happened. I see two reasons why she never told Eva's dad, Victor, about the rapes.

One: as a cop, he'd want to see a child rapist like Nathan sent to prison for the rest of his life. Whereas Monica never wanted anyone to find out what happened. She opted to have the case quietly handled in civil court with a confidential settlement instead of openly in criminal court.

Two: as a father, he might have tried to take custody away from Monica. Not saying he'd succeed, but he almost certainly would try.

Eva told Gideon her dad never knew about Nathan, but her dad could see she was wild an angry, which is why he sent her to therapy. Her dad knew about a particular therapist out there in San Diego, Dr. Travis, had "mad skills" (Eva's joke) working with troubled young people.

Eva went to live with him for several years around the time she was in college, because she felt she needed to get out from under her mom's overprotectiveness. Once she got out there, she went through a promiscuous phase. From hints dropped in the story, her dad knew at least something about her unhealthy relationship with a rock singer (that would have been Brett). And on duty one night, her dad ended up pulling over another one of Eva's boyfriends, discovering the guy was driving while getting a blow job (NO, not from Eva - it was some other woman). Yikes.

What I don't understand is where was Victor when Eva was being abused? Did he not see Eva until she was a teenager? He's not a very good dad if he allowed Monica to keep him away from his daughter her entire childhood.

We know that Victor knew about Eva because he named her after his mother, I think, and was upset that Monica didn't give her his last name also. If he did have contact with Eva as a child I would think as her dad he would have seen something was wrong especially also being a cop. And don't little girls think of their dad's as superheros who better to tell then her dad - THE COP who could have taken her to live with him and put Nathan away?

Then Monica seems to drop out of the picture during the years Eva lived with her father - she wasn't worried about stalking her then (when she probably needed to be stalked). Monica may have felt Eva was safe with her dad, but he didn't know so he wouldn't be on the lookout for someone trying to harm his daughter which is how Eva was able to indulge in her self-abusive ways until Victor finally put her into therapy. And, he never once called Monica to say what's wrong with our kid? No doubt I'm reading way too much into this, but like GiGi said, something doesn't add up.

Hi everyone, You all make such great points! 1. LN Cronan, I could definitely see Monica being afraid of loosing custody of her child. After all Victor is a police officer and Monica no longer had the support of her family and was in the process of divorcing her created family when she found out. 2. Crossfire, I am not sure whether Gideon went as far as to see that justice was served with the death of Nathan or whether it really was the elimination of a deadly threat. I can hardly wait for the next instalment of the series. 3. Mrsmajessick, you make such great points! A reader is left wondering where the heck Monica was during the years that Eva was with her dad. Did Monica really feel no concern for Eva's safety when she was living with Victor, knowing that Victor had no idea about the entire Nathan situation? I hope that Sylvia addresses that in the next book. I also wonder just how much of "love affair....whatever (my words not Sylvia's) Victor and Monica had. Yes both parties were good looking, yes both parties fooled around, but after that....NOTHING! It seems that they had absolutely nothing in common other than sex. Someone explain this to me...please.

I'm with you GiGi in guessing that Victor served the purpose of "hot bad boy" in Monica's more than likely drab world. Then she was over it and returned to her rich world only to be thrown out because she was pregnant.  But, I do give her props for keeping Eva even though her family threw her out. Not that this ties into the story at all, but for what it's worth - I remember reading a bio a few years ago about a famous French dancer who's name escapes me at the moment - anywhoo, when asked why she kept the baby, which hurt her career, she said something to the effect of "I knew I could never have the father, so I kept of him what I could."  Maybe that's how Monica feels in her personal truth.??

Hi everyone, I was reading the posts and someone had mentioned that they thought Eva's dad may have questioned Carey about her reaction when the police came to question her. I am not so sure that; 1. Victor would question Carey because he had just been released from the hospital a couple of days before. I don't think Victor would go Bonne Cop/Bad Cop on Carey. 2. I am not so sure that Carey would say anything to Victor regardless. Friendship aside, is Eva not Carey's meal ticket? Carey stays in Eva's apartment, an apartment that is paid for by her parents. He receives gifts regularly compliments of Monica and Richard Stanton and then later on by Gideon (when they were in Las Vegas...Gideon wanted some alone with Eva so he arranged some credit for Carey to go shopping...). I think his love of Eva is what keeps his mouth shut and his self preservation is also what keeps him on team Eva. I was just thinking about things. What does everyone else think?

The fact that Cary lives off of Eve has never set well with me. It seems more than just a cover me until my career kicks in because he also freely takes from Monica & Stanton too. He appears to have no hesitation accepting expensive gifts and trips. I don't know, it sometimes makes the friendship between Cary and Eva appear a little gold-digger. Most people waiting for their big break in modeling, TV, flims or whatever at least wait tables to make ends meet. Cary just seems to sit around all day having it off with models and Trey if he will allow him. I'm not sure Cary brings as much to the table as Eva seems to think. And, I wonder why she and her family feel like it's a good thing to keep him around? Perhaps there's a lot more to Cary then what we've been told.