Dom/Sub discussion

Crossfire

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to bug you guys again but could someone tell me when Gideon actually spanked Eva I remember the threats but I don't remember him actually doing it. Thanks again.

The only spanking discussed was playful threats until Entwined Chapter 12 on the 10th floor "I like messy. I stepped out of my dress and was about to unhook my bra when he tossed me over his shoulder.  I squealed in surprise, smacking his taut Arse with both of my hands.  He spanked me hard enough to sting..."

Even though there was pain I think it was still playful spanking. 

The only spanking discussed was playful threats until Entwined Chapter 12 on the 10th floor "I like messy. I stepped out of my dress and was about to unhook my bra when he tossed me over his shoulder.  I squealed in surprise, smacking his taut Arse with both of my hands.  He spanked me hard enough to sting..."

Even though there was pain I think it was still playful spanking. 

Hi Sharon,

I agree with you.  I didn't see that scene between Gideon and Eva as a form of any kind of BDSM play.  I would categorize that action as something that occurs between a couple during love play (i.e. husband give the wife a playful swat on the backside).

I really don't see Gideon as a Dom based on the very little I know on the subject. He does not get off on pain. He likes control. He is a very powerful man. Eva could not be with a Dom because of her past. A smack on the butt the way he did it is nothing. And the swing? Anyone here remember Sex and the City? Samantha, who is no way submissive, had a scene with a sex swing. It was hot. First time I ever saw one. I think there is a huge difference between BDSM relationships and being with a strong man who knows what he is doing in bed and pushes limits. Just my opinion.

I really don't see Gideon as a Dom based on the very little I know on the subject. He does not get off on pain. He likes control. He is a very powerful man. Eva could not be with a Dom because of her past. A smack on the butt the way he did it is nothing. And the swing? Anyone here remember Sex and the City? Samantha, who is no way submissive, had a scene with a sex swing. It was hot. First time I ever saw one. I think there is a huge difference between BDSM relationships and being with a strong man who knows what he is doing in bed and pushes limits. Just my opinion.

Totally agree with this and in EWY Gideon relinquishes his control on numerous occasions with Eva especially in that pivotal moment on the plane. Gideon always ensures that he is never hurting Eva because he is so much bigger than her so I can't see him "hurting" Eva in any way sexually.

Hi GLH,

I agree with your position.  I was going to post a clarification.  Using a se* swing, just like using a se* toy isn't an indicator of any kind of BDSM play.  It is considered more of an addition to love making, a little spice, so to speak.

Sorry to bug you guys again but could someone tell me when Gideon actually spanked Eva I remember the threats but I don't remember him actually doing it. Thanks again.

Actually the first playful spanking occurred in BTY when GidEva were at Crosstrainer for the first time and Gideon was jealous of Eva talking to Daniel. He spanked her on the way to the locker room when they were leaving.

• 2 months later...

Besides the 2 of them having a discussion about the dom/sub conversations. Corinne was his first 'consensual experience" so how he had sex before is undertermined. Also, the ring mentioning as being a collar and also, I saw one of the discussions about Corinne holding her kneck during the advocacy dinner and Eva and us immediately thought of a necklace maybe it wasn't. We know Gideon is alot more experience than Eva.

I never thought that Corrine might have been collared....

With all the sex these 2 have had, I just don't see the dom/sub thing like I have read in many other books.  I know nothing about this kind of lifestyle but it just seems like Gideon likes control in the bedroom.  That sure doesn't sound like a Red Room of Pain or anything like that.

With all the sex these 2 have had, I just don't see the dom/sub thing like I have read in many other books.  I know nothing about this kind of lifestyle but it just seems like Gideon likes control in the bedroom.  That sure doesn't sound like a Red Room of Pain or anything like that.

Hi GLH,

Thus far, all of these potential theories are all speculation.  We the readers are left to wonder....control in the bedroom doesn't necessarily equate with a BDSM lifestyle.  I think it will be interesting to see if these topics will be broached in the next two books. 

Hi GLH,

Thus far, all of these potential theories are all speculation.  We the readers are left to wonder....control in the bedroom doesn't necessarily equate with a BDSM lifestyle.  I think it will be interesting to see if these topics will be broached in the next two books. 

I think that Syliva mentioned early on that we would see the 'sex swing' again in upcoming books.  And I agree he needs control in the sex due his total loss of control as a child, but not necessarily BDSM as Christian practiced.  Another thing once he knew about Eva's own abuse he was very scared of pushing too hard or losing control with her.  I doubt he's too rough cause that info would would gossip fodder for sure amoung all his one-nighters.  As everyone else can't wait for the story to continue :)

I think that Syliva mentioned early on that we would see the 'sex swing' again in upcoming books.  And I agree he needs control in the sex due his total loss of control as a child, but not necessarily BDSM as Christian practiced.  Another thing once he knew about Eva's own abuse he was very scared of pushing too hard or losing control with her.  I doubt he's too rough cause that info would would gossip fodder for sure amoung all his one-nighters.  As everyone else can't wait for the story to continue :)

HI Fsumom,

I have been thinking about the mentioning of Corinne touching her neck on several occasions.  Some of the forum members have speculated that she must have worn a "collar" or been "collared".  The act of a person touching his/her neck while in a discussion is also a very real subconscious reference to nervousness.  It would it coincide with a woman touching her hair, or tapping her foot or shaking her leg and such.  All of these responses are subconscious acts that one may use when he/she is nervous.

I could see Corinne being entirely nervous when meeting Eva.  Eva managed to snag Gideon which is something that Corinne was never able to truly do.  Corinne got to see firsthand evidence of said fact, when the famous Gideon/Eva kissed was plastered all across the tabloids.  It is just a thought.  We will have to wait and see what Sylvia has to say.   :)

Hi Fsumom,

I forgot to mention in my previous posting, that I agree with you.  The use of a sex swing isn't necessarily a reference to a BDSM lifestyle.  It could be that Gideon is just a little kinky.  Now I guess we will have to wait and see just how kinky he is.  ;)

Your previous comments about Gideon's need for control while in the bedroom are spot on.  Thanks.  :)

HI Fsumom,

I have been thinking about the mentioning of Corinne touching her neck on several occasions.  Some of the forum members have speculated that she must have worn a "collar" or been "collared".  The act of a person touching his/her neck while in a discussion is also a very real subconscious reference to nervousness.  It would it coincide with a woman touching her hair, or tapping her foot or shaking her leg and such.  All of these responses are subconscious acts that one may use when he/she is nervous.

I could see Corinne being entirely nervous when meeting Eva.  Eva managed to snag Gideon which is something that Corinne was never able to truly do.  Corinne got to see firsthand evidence of said fact, when the famous Gideon/Eva kissed was plastered all across the tabloids.  It is just a thought.  We will have to wait and see what Sylvia has to say.    :)

It will be interesting to see what the Gideon/Corinne relationship consisted of when Sylvia gets to that part of his history.  Personally I don't think Corinne was "collared" in the strict BDSM sense. 

The evidence I found --Sylvia has a hand go to the throat often to show loss or fear.  Eva "My hand went to my throat, my mind torn between the weirdness of how much he new about me." BTY  Eva "My hand went to my throat, my gaze sliding helplessly to Megumi, who watched me with raised eyebrows." RIY  Monica "What? Her hand went to her throat.  Her dilated gaze remained fixed on the Crossfire."  RIY  Monica & Eva talking ""Why? Because he's not rich?" "Yes." Her hand went to her throat." EIY

It is possible that Corinne thought about a necklace that Gideon gave her as a gift.  Maybe she knows he didn't think to much about the engagement ring he gave her but a necklace was a special gift. 

I also notice that Gideon's love making involves a lot of throat kissing and a couple times he grabs Eva by the throat when he takes her from behind.  My guess is that he did the same with Corinne.  When Gideon discussed submission with Eva he said "Come on, Eva.  You know I don't want to beat you, punish you, hurt you, demean you, or order you around like a pet.  Those aren't needs either of us has."  A typical BDSM relationship would require some of the above for one or the other partner.  When he gave her a ring Gideon told Eva it wasn't bondage but a way to hold onto her. In other words to remind Eva to whom she belongs.

• 2 weeks later...

Do ya'll have any thoughts about the whole wrist scene in EWY when Eva asks Gideon not to watch the sex vid and he puts a lot of pressure on her wrists and she feels some overwhelming calmness. I don't think that their dom/sub relationship will be shown through actual cuffs, other than those red satin ones, and collars, but their rings and physical touch will be figurative replacements for those props.