Dom/Sub discussion

Crossfire

The control issue obviously comes from the abuse they both suffered through. Eva needs control and loves to be on top but by her own admission she loves when Gideon is on top. Lets say Eva had never been raped she would never had these issues with sex. I think she finds it refreshing to trust someone enough to let Gideon take control and knows Gideon will take care of her. Its like she said that Gideon is erasing Nathan's touch and giving her back her body. But she loves Gideon so she wants to willingly give her body Gideon and be his completely. Before Gideon Eva's body was her own and she allowed men to have sex with on her terms. Gideon issue with control is he needs Eva to trust him enough to give herself over to him completely and in return he makes sure she is satisfied and isn't selfish.I think Gideon's problem with the limo even though he was extremely turned on was that Eva wasn't submitting to him and viewed that as though she didn't trust him. I don't think Gideon will ever get over his need for control even with therapy because of his abuse he probably feels emasculated when he isn't able to control the situation. I think the times Eva is on top are to give her comfort and sometimes to give him piece of mind that she still wants him but he's always topping from the bottom.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The control issue obviously comes from the abuse they both suffered through. Eva needs control and loves to be on top but by her own admission she loves when Gideon is on top. Lets say Eva had never been raped she would never had these issues with sex. I think she finds it refreshing to trust someone enough to let Gideon take control and knows Gideon will take care of her. Its like she said that Gideon is erasing Nathan's touch and giving her back her body. But she loves Gideon so she wants to willingly give her body Gideon and be his completely. Before Gideon Eva's body was her own and she allowed men to have sex with on her terms. Gideon issue with control is he needs Eva to trust him enough to give herself over to him completely and in return he makes sure she is satisfied and isn't selfish.I think Gideon's problem with the limo even though he was extremely turned on was that Eva wasn't submitting to him and viewed that as though she didn't trust him. I don't think Gideon will ever get over his need for control even with therapy because of his abuse he probably feels emasculated when he isn't able to control the situation. I think the times Eva is on top are to give her comfort and sometimes to give him piece of mind that she still wants him but he's always topping from the bottom.

Wow well said...

So true

• 2 weeks later...

Gideon kind of lost me in his need for control. In limo he tell Eva he wants to do it again so obviously it wasn't too bad. Then he tells Eva that she can top him again issue wants to. So what's his problem? He wants control but doesn't mind when Eva is in control. Why foes he say that's the problem when he give Eva the ring?

Hi MrsCrossXxXxX, 

I think that Gideon freaked out in the limo because he enjoyed that type of se**** experience (I strongly suspect that was the first time that a woman had taken the lead during s**).  I also think that Eva was the first woman that Gideon ever connected with him and I think that freaked him out as well.

Hi Jennpenn 926,

I wonder whether Eva thought that her body was her own or whether her body was just a vessel to be with and used by men.  From all accounts Eva had an extremely poor self esteem and she used sex in attempts to try and boost her self esteem and get men to like her (most especially Brett during the day...) but in the end Eva always felt used.  She mentioned something to that effect in the first book during the club scene when she was in the process of deciding whether to entertain Gideon's suggestion of a se***l arrangement. 

I think that Eva started setting limits or making terms about how she would engage in se* as a matter of self-preservation.  I think that therapy also helped her to realise that her behaviours were affecting her negatively.

Hi Jennpenn 926,

I wonder whether Eva thought that her body was her own or whether her body was just a vessel to be with and used by men. From all accounts Eva had an extremely poor self esteem and she used sex in attempts to try and boost her self esteem and get men to like her (most especially Brett during the day...) but in the end Eva always felt used. She mentioned something to that effect in the first book during the club scene when she was in the process of deciding whether to entertain Gideon's suggestion of a se***l arrangement.

I think that Eva started setting limits or making terms about how she would engage in se* as a matter of self-preservation. I think that therapy also helped her to realise that her behaviours were affecting her negatively.

I believe Eva's body was her's and she used it as a tool to try and feel love and connection with men. She had sex with those men on her terms never giving up control. Because she never emotionally connected with these men she felt used and dirty afterwards but in reality she used herself and those men just took advantage of a girl with self esteem issues.

I believe Eva's body was her's and she used it as a tool to try and feel love and connection with men. She had sex with those men on her terms never giving up control. Because she never emotionally connected with these men she felt used and dirty afterwards but in reality she used herself and those men just took advantage of a girl with self esteem issues.

Very interesting.  I read and intrepreted how Eva described herelf (and what she was like back in the day) completely differently. 

Great insight!!

Chapter 17 in BTY illustrates what you posted...

I feel Gideon is a Dominant and Eva is a Submissive..

In chapter 17, Eva doesn't seem to be totally satisfied when she tops/dominates Gideon.... I feel that is why she woke up ###### in the middle of the night, she had the need to be submissive sexually/the need to be dominated sexually...

Great insight!!

In chapter 17, Eva doesn't seem to be totally satisfied when she tops/dominates Gideon.... I feel that is why she woke up ###### in the middle of the night, she had the need to be submissive sexually/the need to be dominated sexually...

Exactly even though sex with Eva on top is physically satisfying for both of them it doesn't fulfill Gideon's dominant and Eva's submissive needs.They both find it more emotionally fulfulling when Gideon has control.

Great insight!!

In chapter 17, Eva doesn't seem to be totally satisfied when she tops/dominates Gideon.... I feel that is why she woke up ###### in the middle of the night, she had the need to be submissive sexually/the need to be dominated sexually...

Here's a great example of nature imitating art. In the New York Times mag today there is an article reporting on the research for a female libido stimulator drug. Read one subject's reaction - it sounds just like Eva that night she gets the promise ring.

"We had s*x five times a week when before it was once a week,†Zita told me shortly after she’d finished her supply of Lybrido. And she wasn’t enthusiastic about that weekly intimacy. With the drug, she said, “I wanted to have s*x even after we had s*x. I would feel ho*ny, and I got like a throbbing sensation, like I had to do something or it was going to bother me all night. I would just want more.†When I asked how her husband felt about her taking the medication, she laughed."Happy,†she said."

Lucky Eva doesn't need any drugs. She has a much nicer pill (pun intended) right next to her.

Here's a great example of nature imitating art. In the New York Times mag today there is an article reporting on the research for a female libido stimulator drug. Read one subject's reaction - it sounds just like Eva that night she gets the promise ring.

"We had s*x five times a week when before it was once a week,†Zita told me shortly after she’d finished her supply of Lybrido. And she wasn’t enthusiastic about that weekly intimacy. With the drug, she said, “I wanted to have s*x even after we had s*x. I would feel ho*ny, and I got like a throbbing sensation, like I had to do something or it was going to bother me all night. I would just want more.†When I asked how her husband felt about her taking the medication, she laughed."Happy,†she said."

Lucky Eva doesn't need any drugs. She has a much nicer pill (pun intended) right next to her.

Lucky Eva and very lucky Gideon! :)

The very same effect BTY and RIY have had on me so far!:)

Reading has always been a pleasurable experiennce to me, but MY GOD I just can't get enough of Gedeon, Eva, and Cary.

They are my Crosslybrido!!!! :) :) :)

The very same effect BTY and RIY have had on me so far! :)

Reading has always been a pleasurable experiennce to me, but MY GOD I just can't get enough of Gedeon, Eva, and Cary.

OMG, ladies, that is hilarious!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow!  Some drug company is going to make a lot of money and a lot of men very happy! 

The very same effect BTY and RIY have had on me so far! :)

Gabri, 

You are hillarious!  At least you will have lot of beautiful Italian men to choose from.  Lucky lady!

I think Gideon needs control just as much as Eva does and for similar reasons. To me Gideon also has never trusted a partner in the way he trusts Eva. He was trying to find a balance of control that would work for both of them.

Hi Peachies, 

I think it all comes down to trust at the end of the day.  Each of these individuals has very serious trust issues and act and react accordingly (rightly or wrongly as it may seem at times). 

I found this thread really interesting! I had a similar reaction to this part of the book the first time I read it. Huh? Wait, what? Lol. It made a little more sense once I was on my second read and felt like I knew the characters better.

I probably wouldn't have reacted the same to the conversation if I had read Bared to You before Fifty Shades of Grey. I had Christian Grey style Dom/Sub dynamics in my head when I read this and it threw me. I didn't see Gideon and Eva like that at all.

I was also confused by that convo because at one point he said that she can top him anytime she wants... But than later he tells her he won't be topped and not to misunderstand indulgence for weakness. Something like that. I need to mark those spots on my next read through to see if I misunderstood or something.

I found this thread really interesting! I had a similar reaction to this part of the book the first time I read it. Huh? Wait, what? Lol. It made a little more sense once I was on my second read and felt like I knew the characters better.

I probably wouldn't have reacted the same to the conversation if I had read Bared to You before Fifty Shades of Grey. I had Christian Grey style Dom/Sub dynamics in my head when I read this and it threw me. I didn't see Gideon and Eva like that at all.

I was also confused by that convo because at one point he said that she can top him anytime she wants... But than later he tells her he won't be topped and not to misunderstand indulgence for weakness. Something like that. I need to mark those spots on my next read through to see if I misunderstood or something.

What I think he meant was she can physically top him but not emotionally. He still needs the control no matter what the physical situation is.

Gabri, 

You are hillarious!  At least you will have lot of beautiful Italian men to choose from.  Lucky lady!

I can call myself lucky indeed!:D

Hi Peachies,

I think it all comes down to trust at the end of the day. Each of these individuals has very serious trust issues and act and react accordingly (rightly or wrongly as it may seem at times).

Hi GiGi,

I agree they both have trust issues. I think they are learning how to really totally trust each other with out feeling as if they are losing themselves.

Hi Gabri

So pleased your back. :)

How's your Italian Gideon?

Hi Julie

Haven't seen him so far..... :( 

but I only need to be patient and to have my portable always at the ready!!!!!