Nathalia

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three really good songs that would be great for the E&G:

• Bastille's cover of Blue Jeans by Lana Del Rey 
  • Luck Ones by Lana Del Rey
  • Kisses Down Low by Kelly Rowland <-- Seriously though! 

Welcome llurvegc hope you enjoy your stay here, :D 

Really good songs llurvegc :) , 

There's a very explicit song, Closer, by Nine Inch Nails, that could be perfect for the nightclub sex scene when Crossfire is adapted for television.

I won't post the full set of lyrics here - they're that raunchy. But part of the chorus says it all, "I want to (   ) you like an animal" -- fits right in with the animal theme at the Primal nightclub, a song made for dirty dancing and, well, ....

Plus there are some lyrics that fit with Gideon being hawt about desecrating his Angel with raw s e x.

You let me violate you,

You let me desecrate you

You let me p e n e t r a t e you

You let me complicate you

Anyone who wants to pull up the song on a music streaming service, like Spotify, two words:

Use headphones

or

Listen alone

Not a tune you want your kids, roommates, significant others overhearing. Well, maybe significant others.

There's a very explicit song, Closer, by Nine Inch Nails, that could be perfect for the nightclub sex scene when Crossfire is adapted for television.

I won't post the full set of lyrics here - they're that raunchy. But part of the chorus says it all, "I want to (   ) you like an animal" -- fits right in with the animal theme at the Primal nightclub, a song made for dirty dancing and, well, ....

Plus there are some lyrics that fit with Gideon being hawt about desecrating his Angel with raw s e x.

You let me violate you,

You let me desecrate you

You let me p e n e t r a t e you

You let me complicate you

Hi Hotreads,

These lyrics are pretty hateful toward women.  I get that women enjoy a little hot primal sex, but those lyrics talk about violation, desecration.  I don't know how those lyrics could be considered romantic.  This is supposed to be a romance novel (erotic yes, but a passionate love story at the end of the day). 

I don't think those lyrics fit Gideon and Eva's story at all.  Sorry.

Hi Hotreads,

These lyrics are pretty hateful toward women.  I get that women enjoy a little hot primal sex, but those lyrics talk about violation, desecration.  I don't know how those lyrics could be considered romantic.  This is supposed to be a romance novel (erotic yes, but a passionate love story at the end of the day). 

I don't think those lyrics fit Gideon and Eva's story at all.  Sorry.

I think they fit the relationship well. The lyrics are basically talking about sex and all the feeling that go along with "animalistic sex", and from my understanding that kind of action makes you wanna act like you normally wouldn't. So, the lyrics fit pretty well considering the boundaries Eva allows Gideon to cross and the way he makes her feel. If you listen to the song you would most likely feel different.

I think they fit the relationship well. The lyrics are basically talking about sex and all the feeling that go along with "animalistic sex", and from my understanding that kind of action makes you wanna act like you normally wouldn't. So, the lyrics fit pretty well considering the boundaries Eva allows Gideon to cross and the way he makes her feel. If you listen to the song you would most likely feel different.

Hi Llurvegc,

I googled the lyrics for the song from Nine Inch Nails and I can't spin those lyrics as anything other than hateful.  I understand that three is a fine line between passion and degredation and think that in this instance, those particular lyrics crossed the line.  I don't see Gideon as being that hateful toward Eva. 

I went over the lyrics and looked at them again and I don't think that Gideon thinks that little of Eva or of their sexual relationship.  Gideon said in one of the books:  "..even when we are f*cking, we are still making love..." (paraphrasing here...can find the quote if you like.).  That tells me that Gideon holds his relationship with Eva in very high esteem.

I think at the end of the day, I don't think that the lyrics fit for Gideon and Eva's relationship.  I found them salacious and degrading towards women, and I don't think that these lyrics speak to the true relationship between these two.  I think that on this song, it is an agree to disagree type of song.  Good debate.  Thanks.

GiGi  :)

I listened to Closer when reading Gabriel's Inferno, and when hotreads posted it here I thought "Can't believe it".

Of course we women can enjoy hot hard sex as well as we can enjoy tender lovemaking depending on the mood or the moment, but desecration? violation? Where's respect or self-respect?. As far as I know (and forgive me if I'm not understanding this properly, english is not my first language) violation, in a sexual context, means rape, and after what they both have been through linking this song to any of their encounters is a joke in poor taste.

To me, this song could only fit two "relationships" (if), the one Eva had with Nathan and the one Gideon had with Hugh.

One of Gideon's hawter dirty-talking to Eva, the sex scene in that unfinished office at the Crossfire, is what leapt to mind when I heard "Closer" for the first time in a while on an online streaming radio station. Where he said - well panted, actually as he was nailing Eva on an office couch I suspect he's already bought for her was -- "I've captured an angel. And I put my greedy hands all over you. I defile you. And you love it." Almost in a sense of wonder as he says so, it comes across when you listen to the audiobook.

Closer taps into a dom/sub dynamic, where one partner hands over control to the other, letting the other go wild. It clicked with me today one of the Captivated By You teasers quotes Sylvia has given us, Gideon saying, "I can do whatever I want to you. You've given me that right. It's the greatest gift I've ever been given."

You get that if you actually listen to the song, the boundaries become clear, with the lyric phrase "You let me ... " repeated over and over.  And as you experience its pounding rock beat, whose tempo brings to mind a dom saying it as he's going at it, you can picture a couple having sheet-clawing sex. Er, for the nightclub scene, make that wall-clawing sex. "Animalistic sex" -- you pegged it and made a pun at the same time. Well played,  Ilurvegc. Perfect for "Primal."

The group Nine Inch Nails recently reunited, and it'd be so cool if the Crossfire producers could tap into its music? Its lead singer, Trent Reznor, has done some serious work with Hollywood studios as a solo artist - he's a composer as well as a songwriter, and he does instrumental stuff as well as lyrics.  He worked on the Oscar-nominated film The Social Network, and he pretty much did the entire film score for the American-made version of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.

I wonder about casting for and creating the music of Six-Ninths for the television series? Would the series producers tap into established musicians and previously-released songs for most of the the band's material, or, go with newly-discovered musical talent and have original music created? Will the producers look to cast musician-actors for the band members? Even go with a musician-actor to play Brett?

I know lots of fans have wish lists of various actors/actresses, top of the list being Henry Cavill for Gideon? I'd like to see an actual musician play Brett, a previously unknown musican-actor getting a shot at real-life stardom in the series? It'd very much tap into the character Sylvia created, someone who becomes a star? As for the music to go with the lyrics of Golden, I hope the producers could sign a big-name composer to create original music to accompany the lyrics Sylvia created? And someone clever to write the song "Tapped That"?

I listened to Closer when reading Gabriel's Inferno, and when hotreads posted it here I thought "Can't believe it".

Of course we women can enjoy hot hard sex as well as we can enjoy tender lovemaking depending on the mood or the moment, but desecration? violation? Where's respect or self-respect?. As far as I know (and forgive me if I'm not understanding this properly, english is not my first language) violation, in a sexual context, means rape, and after what they both have been through linking this song to any of their encounters is a joke in poor taste.

To me, this song could only fit two "relationships" (if), the one Eva had with Nathan and the one Gideon had with Hugh.

I love that we can have spirited discussion here about a song. Kinda fitting because a song, Golden, is a crucial part of the Crossfire love story. Gideon hates the song, and he and Eva both hate the music video. And here, Brett's one of the characters who we love to debate. Some hate him, some think he's OK, some go back and forth hashing out him as a character here?

I haven't read Gabriel's Inferno, Gaia -- are the song lyrics themselves in the story, not just the song title? That's interestering if the author got copyright permission to use them? One of my favorite authors, Stephen King, often gets copyright permission to include song lyrics in his novels, giving the songs interesting turns to set moods -- scary moods in his case, because he's a master at the horror genre. So if Nine Inch Nails allowed an author to use lyrics, that means whoever holds the copyright is very open to granting permission for authors to use its work, and so probably equally open to permission to let TV/film producers use its songs too?

Your English is excellent, by the way, coming across as truly bi-lingual. English, well the American version of it, is my only language, and I wish I knew more. I love foreign language films, like The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, I liked the original Swedish version of the movie better than the Hollywood remake. Given the choice between an original foreign movie with subtitles and a Hollywood remake, I always like originals better.

Hi Gaia,

I agree with your sentiments.  Your understanding of the English language is accurate and in no way off.  :)

I was thinking about the lyrics and which relationships might fit them and you bring up to viable potential candidates.  I was also thinking that the Eva-Brett relationship might fit, but to a lesser extent.  Eva certainly didn't respect herself during those years, so in a sense she defiled herself and allowed others to do so.  If Brett had feelings for Eva, he didn't show them and allowed others to make fun of Eva (i.e. case in point when Brett was talking to one of his band-mates after he finished having sex with Eva in the bathroom).

Hi Everyone,

I was thinking about the lyrics and what Gideon said to Eva, in the third book, about how he had defiled an "Angel".  I understood that sentiment to mean that Gideon had taken something so pure and good and had layed his sin (himself) on that.

I was also talking to a few friends who are priests and theology students and I posed the question:  "Would it be considered a sin to have sex with an Angel or have impure thoughts (carnal thoughts) about said chosen one of God?  First I got, the whole it isn't possible thing, but when the sake of reality was removed from the equation, I got a resounding yes, it would be a sin to have impure thoughts and act on those thoughts.

Given those circumstances, what Gideon said was accurate in a sense (very broad generalization).  I also didn't hold Gideon to mean that he was literally defiling Eva, only that he felt himself so incredibily undeserving of Eva's love.  I took his statement more of a tongue-in-cheek statement, then as something literal.

Whereas, the song, gives off different sentiments.  It talks about open degradation.  Gideon and Eva may share a power exchange in that Eva allows Gideon to control her , but Gideon, in no way, shape or form, has ever openly degraded Eva sexually or forced himself on her.  

I like this for a few years down the road:

Paramore: Still into You

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OblL026SvD4&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DOblL026SvD4

Can't count the years on one hand

That we've been together

I need the other one to hold you

Make you feel, make you feel better

It's not a walk in the park

To love each other

But when our fingers interlock,

Can't deny, can't deny you're worth it

'Cause after all this time I'm still into you

I should be over all the butterflies

But I'm into you (I'm into you)

And baby even on our worst nights

I'm into you (I'm into you)

Let 'em wonder how we got this far

'Cause I don't really need to wonder at all

Yeah, after all this time I'm still into you

Recount the night that

I first met your mother

And on the drive back to my house

I told you that, I told you that I loved ya. ***** ( I like this part bc the day after Eva met Lizzie, she told Gideon she loved him)

You felt the weight of the world

Fall off your shoulder

And to your favorite song

We sang along to the start of forever

And after all this time I'm still into you

Some things just, some things just make sense

And one of those is you and I (Hey)

And even after all this time (Hey)

I'm into you, baby, not a day goes by

That I'm not into you

Yeah, after all this time

I'm still into you

I'm still into you

I'm still into you

I like this for a few years down the road:

Paramore: Still into You

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OblL026SvD4&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DOblL026SvD4

Can't count the years on one hand

That we've been together

I need the other one to hold you

Make you feel, make you feel better

It's not a walk in the park

To love each other

But when our fingers interlock,

Can't deny, can't deny you're worth it

'Cause after all this time I'm still into you

Recount the night that

I first met your mother

And on the drive back to my house

I told you that, I told you that I loved ya. ***** ( I like this part bc the day after Eva met Lizzie, she told Gideon she loved him)

You felt the weight of the world

Fall off your shoulder

And to your favorite song

We sang along to the start of forever

And after all this time I'm still into you

And one of those is you and I (Hey)

And even after all this time (Hey)

I'm into you, baby, not a day goes by

That I'm not into you

Yeah, after all this time

I'm still into you

I'm still into you

I'm still into you

Hi Nathalia, I love those lyrics, this is Gideon & Eva for sure!!!

My song for Eva and Gideon is Insatiable, by Darren Hayes. Such a hot good song !! ♥

I've been loving it for years, and I used to think of someone whenever I heard it. I still do, but now that I'm into Crossfire, I feel the song fits Eva and Gideon beautifully. :)

Hi QueenOfMyWorld,

Those are beautiful lyrics.  I have included those lyrics in this posting for others who may not know of the artist or this song.  Thanks for a lovely suggestion.  :)

Darrne Hayes:

"Insatiable"

When moonlight crawls along the street

Chasing away the summer heat

Footsteps outside somewhere below

The world revolves I let it go

We build our church above this street

We practice love between these sheets

The candy sweetness scent of you

It bathes my skin I'm stained by you

And all I have to do is hold you

There's a racing in my heart

I am barely touching you

[Chorus]

Turn the lights down low

Take it off

Let me show

My love for you

Insatiable

Turn me on

Never stop

Wanna taste every drop

My love for you

Insatiable

The moonlight plays upon your skin

A kiss that lingers takes me in

I fall asleep inside of you

There are no words

There's only truth

Breathe in Breathe out

There is no sound

We move together up and down

We levitate our bodies soar

Our feet don't even touch the floor

And nobody knows you like I do

The world doesn't understand

But I grow stronger in your hands

[Chorus]

Turn the lights down low

Take it off

Let me show

My love for you

Insatiable

Turn me on

Never stop

Wanna taste every drop

My love for you

Insatiable

Turn the lights down low

Take it off

Let me show

My love for you

Insatiable

Turn me on

Never stop

Wanna taste every drop

My love for you

Insatiable

We never sleep we're always holdin' hands

Kissin' for hours talkin' makin' plans

I feel like a better man

Just being in the same room

We never sleep there's just so much to do

Too much to say

Can't close my eyes when I'm with you

Insatiable the way I'm loving you

[Chorus]

Turn the lights down low

Take it off

Let me show

My love for you

Insatiable

Turn me on

Never stop

Wanna taste every drop

My love for you

Insatiable

Turn the lights down low

Take it off

Let me show

My love for you

Insatiable

Turn me on

Never stop

Wanna taste every drop

My love for you

Insatiable

"Bound to you" by Xtina...perfect for GID/EVA- this should be there theme song...

i am sure we could all pick songs for every chapter... "Demons" by Kenny Chesney would definitely need to be on the list> 

also like the already mentioned:

"Insatiable"

"Just give me a resaon" - PINK

"mirror"- JT and "the reason" by hoobantank

I am SOOOOOOOOO past ready for the next book....i am not so anxious for book 5..then we wont have any more GID/EVA to look forward to!  

Hi QueenOfMyWorld,

Those are beautiful lyrics.  I have included those lyrics in this posting for others who may not know of the artist or this song.  Thanks for a lovely suggestion.  :)

Darrne Hayes:

"Insatiable"

When moonlight crawls along the street

Chasing away the summer heat

Footsteps outside somewhere below

The world revolves I let it go

We build our church above this street

We practice love between these sheets

The candy sweetness scent of you

It bathes my skin I'm stained by you

And all I have to do is hold you

There's a racing in my heart

I am barely touching you

[Chorus]

Turn the lights down low

Take it off

Let me show

My love for you

Insatiable

Turn me on

Never stop

Wanna taste every drop

My love for you

Insatiable

The moonlight plays upon your skin

A kiss that lingers takes me in

I fall asleep inside of you

There are no words

There's only truth

Breathe in Breathe out

There is no sound

We move together up and down

We levitate our bodies soar

Our feet don't even touch the floor

And nobody knows you like I do

The world doesn't understand

But I grow stronger in your hands

[Chorus]

Turn the lights down low

Take it off

Let me show

My love for you

Insatiable

Turn me on

Never stop

Wanna taste every drop

My love for you

Insatiable

Turn the lights down low

Take it off

Let me show

My love for you

Insatiable

Turn me on

Never stop

Wanna taste every drop

My love for you

Insatiable

We never sleep we're always holdin' hands

Kissin' for hours talkin' makin' plans

I feel like a better man

Just being in the same room

We never sleep there's just so much to do

Too much to say

Can't close my eyes when I'm with you

Insatiable the way I'm loving you

[Chorus]

Turn the lights down low

Take it off

Let me show

My love for you

Insatiable

Turn me on

Never stop

Wanna taste every drop

My love for you

Insatiable

Turn the lights down low

Take it off

Let me show

My love for you

Insatiable

Turn me on

Never stop

Wanna taste every drop

My love for you

Insatiable

Thank you GiGi !! I thought about attaching a vid with Insatiable lyrics on screen but I didn't have time to look for a good one! Most of them are so corny :P   I wonder why I didn't come up with posting only the lyrics ! :D !! Thanks again!  I fell it's a very fitting song, sweet and sexy, and the beat is the same... sweet and sexy ;)

I don't seem to be able to Like comments !!  I love several songs mentioned in this post!! Specially "How Do I Live" by Leanne Rymes, the song someone suggested several comments ago.

I've just recalled Bryan Adams "Please Forgive Me", for the break up times ;)

♫ It still feels like our first night together

Feels like the first kiss

It's getting better baby

No one can better this

Still holding on

You're still the one

First time our eyes met

Same feeling I get

Only feels much stronger

I want to love you longer

Do you still turn the fire on?

So if you're feeling lonely, don't

You're the only one I'll ever want

I only want to make it good

So if I love you, a little more than I should

Please forgive me, I know not what I do

Please forgive me, I can't stop loving you

Don't deny me, this pain I'm going through

Please forgive me, if I need you like I do

Please believe me, every word I say is true

Still feels like our best times are together

Feels like the first touch

We're still getting closer baby

Can't get closer enough

Still holding on

You're still number one

I remember the smell of your skin

I remember everything

I remember all your moves

I remember you yeah

I remember the nights, you know I still do

So if I love you a little more than I should

The one thing I'm sure of

Is the way we make love

The one thing I depend on

Is for us to stay strong

With every word and every breath I'm praying

That's why I'm saying,

Babe believe it, every word I say is true

Please forgive me, if I can't stop loving you

No, believe me, I don't know what I do

Thank you GiGi !! I thought about attaching a vid with Insatiable lyrics on screen but I didn't have time to look for a good one! Most of them are so corny :P   I wonder why I didn't come up with posting only the lyrics ! :D !! Thanks again!  I fell it's a very fitting song, sweet and sexy, and the beat is the same... sweet and sexy ;)

I don't seem to be able to Like comments !!  I love several songs mentioned in this post!! Specially "How Do I Live" by Leanne Rymes, the song someone suggested several comments ago.

I've just recalled Bryan Adams "Please Forgive Me", for the break up times ;)

♫ It still feels like our first night together

Feels like the first kiss

It's getting better baby

No one can better this

Still holding on

You're still the one

First time our eyes met

Same feeling I get

Only feels much stronger

I want to love you longer

Do you still turn the fire on?

So if I love you, a little more than I should

Still feels like our best times are together

Feels like the first touch

We're still getting closer baby

Can't get closer enough

Still holding on

You're still number one

I remember the smell of your skin

I remember everything

I remember all your moves

I remember you yeah

I remember the nights, you know I still do

So if I love you a little more than I should

The one thing I'm sure of

Is the way we make love

The one thing I depend on

Is for us to stay strong

With every word and every breath I'm praying

That's why I'm saying,

Babe believe it, every word I say is true

Please forgive me, if I can't stop loving you

No, believe me, I don't know what I do

Hi QueenOfMyWorld,

You are welcome.  :) 

When someone posts the lyrics, it gives the other forum members the opportunity to see what has been written and whether it applies (is his/her mind) to the Gideon/Eva storyline.  :)

The addition of the lyrics is really nice.  There are many songs that I haven't heard of, but thanks to all of the wonderful lyrics and song suggestions, I have increased my music library. Thanks ladies!  :)

GiGi  :)

• 2 weeks later...

I was just listening to "Lady" and thought about when Gideon sneaks into Eva's after he killed her stepbrother

(Lionel Richie Jr.)

Lady, I'm your knight in shining armor and I love you

You have made me what I am and I am yours

My love, there's so many ways I want to say I love you

Let me hold you in my arms forever more

You have gone and made me such a fool

I'm so lost in your love

And oh, we belong together

Won't you believe in my song?

Lady, for so many years I thought I'd never find you

You have come into my life and made me whole

Forever let me wake to see you each and every morning

Let me hear you whisper softly in my ear

In my eyes I see no one else but you

There's no other love like our love

And yes, oh yes, I'll always want you near me

I've waited for you for so long

Lady, your love's the only love I need

And beside me is where I want you to be

'Cause, my love, there's somethin' I want you to know

You're the love of my life, you're my lady!

• 2 weeks later...